New - Couple Questions!

BigKat

BigKat

Awards
Hey my name is Will, i am new to the site. I just thought i would make my first post here!

Three things to start out!

1. Hello!

2. I am quite the novice when it comes to many of the things talked about on this forum. I am curious if there is a section that is for the "beginners?"

3. I am 6'5 300lb, 20yr old. I am not proud to say that a lot of the 300lb isnt muscle... Hopefully somone can direct me to a place where i can learn a lot about stuff i can do to drop this weight, possibly with the assistance of suppliments. I really need to get rid of the "man boob" and turn it into more of a chest :)

Thanks again!
-Will

neoborn

neoborn

Awards
  • Established
~ Fundamental Guidelines ~
  • Workout hard - There are many different workout regimes, many that work well. Generally: Strength training is in the 6 rep range / Bodybuilding in the 8-10 rep range. - Rep range warmup: 15 ( sets 1 & 2 ) Working: 10, 8, 6 last three sets add drop sets to failure )

• Fast Efficient Workouts = 1hr - This is not hard and fast but studies have shown that Cortisol rises after 1hr

• Protein shake immediately after workout and then protein meal with carbs etc within 1hr

• Creatine - Mono or CEE you decide. Both before and after workout.

• Daily meals - 5 - 6 day ( including shakes ) protein = 1g per pound of body weight. Meal 1 ( breakies ) is shake plus oatmeal or whatever else you want ( apple is good fibre / system crap mover ), Meal 6 is post workout shake with creatine etc and then solid food meal. Carbs tapered down from morning to evening and fats tapered up from morning to evening. Protein is a constant.

• Sleep 8 - 10 hrs a night ( very imp for all natural BB'ers )

• Supps - Do you note the order in which these are and where supps come??? - a) Multivitamin / B complex b) Whey protein c) creatine e) Test boosters / stacks etc
~ Exercises ~
  • Squats - Biggest muscle and boosts test like crazy, work em hard and see results big time.

• Deadlifts / Chins / Bent over Rows / Pulldowns - 1st attempt either an palm up or palm down chin at the beginning of your back workout, if you can do one, try two, if you can do 15, add weight. Most important for back is to make the mind / muscle connection. Concentrate ( start with low weight and excellent form ) on getting a good contraction and not swinging with the weight. Calm controlled up down with good squeeze of lats at bottom of rep. All about the connection / squeeze

• Leg press

• Flat Bench Dumbell / Barbell - Always swap it up, it takes more muscle etc to do dumbells ( stabilizing muscles etc ) but switch it up - Start with dips to hit lower chest then move to flat bench / incline.

• Core work - Abs / lower back - work the weaker harder.
This should give you a good idea....Best thing for test.....squats ....good form, warm up well, be careful and grow!

The Flash

The Flash

Awards
  • Established
~ Fundamental Guidelines ~
  • Workout hard - There are many different workout regimes, many that work well. Generally: Strength training is in the 6 rep range / Bodybuilding in the 8-10 rep range. - Rep range warmup: 15 ( sets 1 & 2 ) Working: 10, 8, 6 last three sets add drop sets to failure )

• Fast Efficient Workouts = 1hr - This is not hard and fast but studies have shown that Cortisol rises after 1hr

• Protein shake immediately after workout and then protein meal with carbs etc within 1hr

• Creatine - Mono or CEE you decide. Both before and after workout.

• Daily meals - 5 - 6 day ( including shakes ) protein = 1g per pound of body weight. Meal 1 ( breakies ) is shake plus oatmeal or whatever else you want ( apple is good fibre / system crap mover ), Meal 6 is post workout shake with creatine etc and then solid food meal. Carbs tapered down from morning to evening and fats tapered up from morning to evening. Protein is a constant.

• Sleep 8 - 10 hrs a night ( very imp for all natural BB'ers )

• Supps - Do you note the order in which these are and where supps come??? - a) Multivitamin / B complex b) Whey protein c) creatine e) Test boosters / stacks etc
~ Exercises ~
  • Squats - Biggest muscle and boosts test like crazy, work em hard and see results big time.

• Deadlifts / Chins / Bent over Rows / Pulldowns - 1st attempt either an palm up or palm down chin at the beginning of your back workout, if you can do one, try two, if you can do 15, add weight. Most important for back is to make the mind / muscle connection. Concentrate ( start with low weight and excellent form ) on getting a good contraction and not swinging with the weight. Calm controlled up down with good squeeze of lats at bottom of rep. All about the connection / squeeze

• Leg press

• Flat Bench Dumbell / Barbell - Always swap it up, it takes more muscle etc to do dumbells ( stabilizing muscles etc ) but switch it up - Start with dips to hit lower chest then move to flat bench / incline.

• Core work - Abs / lower back - work the weaker harder.
This should give you a good idea....Best thing for test.....squats ....good form, warm up well, be careful and grow!
:clap2::clap2:

BigKat

BigKat

Awards
Thank you very much for your help, if anyone has anything to add, maybe more specifics please do!

Once again, thanks!

neoborn

neoborn

Awards
  • Established
LOL specifics? :toofunny: do you see no specifics there? Specificallly what would you like to know about?

BigKat

BigKat

Awards
LOL specifics? :toofunny: do you see no specifics there? Specificallly what would you like to know about?
Oh im sorry, i didnt meen there werent any specifics i just want more :D

I am hungry to learn everything i can, and i dont want people to look at your answer and feel as though the question has been answered. (even though it has) I just want as much info as i can get!

Sorry if you took it the wrong way, or maybe i worded it wrong, Im sorry.
-Will

Edit: Grammar check

neoborn

neoborn

Awards
  • Established
I don't take offense :) much.. if ever.

To be honest that small little guide is five years of building a solid fitness / muscle building foundation.

Personally I would recommend 5x5 by madcow or HIT to begin with and throw HIIT cardio in on your 'off' days.

Ask the questions and I will find you the answers...Here's some links to get you started:
Here's some links to get you started:

Training Primer

HIIT High Intensity Interval Cardio Training

Bill Starr 5x5 - Madcow Intermediate or Linear Version

Bodybuilding Nutrition - Sample Bodybuilding Diet

The Training Information Vault (programs, exercises and more) - Bodybuilding.com Forums

Anabolic Diet | Sample Bodybuilders Diet

BigKat

BigKat

Awards
Awsome! I just purchased some Anabolic Pumped.

Any suggestions, change in diet, habbits, w/e?

EDIT: I got a chance to really read over some of the new material! It is great! It really helps a novice like myself understand what is going on! I have been working out for a while now, but hopefully the info will help me be a little bit more effficient with what i am doing!

KEEP THE INFO COMEING! I LOVE IT!

neoborn

neoborn

Awards
  • Established
I know I may look like a b!tch from back in the day at the old burger joints on roller skates but now my friend you have A) more then enough for five years or so B) enough to be intrigued to become a big boi now :)

Here, endearingly from me to you :)

:gotsearch
1. Go to "Search"
2. Click on "Advanced Search"
3. Enter your search terms that you want to find threads on
4. Change the drop down to "Titles Only"
5. Click "Go"

You can use this method to find anything on these forums. You will be surprised how many people have discussed this topic before.

BigKat

BigKat

Awards
Haha, thanks neoborn, you have been more than enough help! :)

I am already a big boy, just need to change what kind of big :p

Thanks,
-Will