Whatcha doin' for Lent?

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Tomorrow is Ash Wednesday, the first day of lent: 40 day "Pre-game" for eastern to symbolize the difficult times Jesus went through leading up to his crucifixion.

This is one of my favorite time's of the year: fish goes on sale :)

Just wondering if anyone's doing anything special for Lent. People usually give something up or start doing something they feel they "should be doing". Let's hear 'em :)

MuscleGuyinNY

MuscleGuyinNY

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I've always wanted to try that '40 Days & 40 Nights' scheme. I tried it once before... I lasted about 4 days.

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
I'm giving up TV for 40 days. It's a good thing football season's over :D

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
For me stop boozing. No alcohol. This would actually be harder for me to give up vs. stimulants.

pmiller383

pmiller383

Awards
  • Established
Giving up all supplements!!! J/K
I always use to give up soda, but since i really have no indulgences anymore I really have nothing to give up. I am going to make an effort to stop using profanity, but I can't promise anything.

Dr Packenwood

Dr Packenwood

Awards
  • Established
I don't indulge in anything besides body building and work. Both of which I kinda need in my life.

I'll give up whores and booze.

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
OUCH!

Maybe he's trading them in for these
Dude, those DB's are sexy in carnation pink.

Funny story. A few years ago, I think it was when Katrina passed by, our basement was flooded at my parent's house (where I lift when I'm home). The water eventually cleared, but my weight set got beaten badly, and started to rust. Naturally, I brushed off the excess with a wire brush, and put rust protector on it. Well, I ran out of black and silver rustoleum....all that was left was baby blue and magenta. So now, I'm the proud owner of hot pink 25lbs plates.

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
I'm having trouble thinking of something to give up as well.

Perhaps something I could be doing, that I'm currently not doing.
Start doing volunteer work at whichever church you attend, or a charity organization.

Use your time/talents to help others.

Australian made

Australian made

Awards
  • Established
I'm in such a drout with the ladies recently i might as well give up sex. Not that i want to but the next 40 days aren't looking promising. so there, thats what im giving up.

ShakesAllDay

ShakesAllDay

Awards
  • Established
I'm having trouble thinking of something to give up as well.

Perhaps something I could be doing, that I'm currently not doing.
Not the case with myself. I have plenty of things I could give up. I choose not to. At least not for "Lent".

I do agree w/ the self-discipline aspect of it. You can find out a lot about yourself when denying yourself pleasures.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'm giving up Lent....for Lent.

Hitstick

Hitstick

Awards
I'm giving up Lent....for Lent.
OOOOO......You took mine:blink:. I guess i will give up watching the movie "Titanic" every night before i go to bed. LEO....dont give up....:whiner:

Hitstick

Hitstick

Awards
Oh by the way did anybody actually fast today for Ash Wednesday? My girlfriend got on me cuz she was fasting, and i was like "listen..jesus was a muscular dude, our lord and savior was probably 7% maybe 9% body fat and he would understand." She didnt like that too much. Something about blasphemy or something

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Can't you drink your BCAAs to stave off catabolism?

ozarkaBRAND

ozarkaBRAND

Awards
  • Established
when people fast they supposed to shut they faces anyway and act like all is well/normal...

not all :sick:, but all :)

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
True, but im also not catholic. She is and i just believe in giving something up for Lent.
Hmmm...tell her you are giving up manufactured holidays that have nothing to do with Jesus....like Valentine's Day...see how THAT pumps her nads.

Hitstick

Hitstick

Awards
Hmmm...tell her you are giving up manufactured holidays that have nothing to do with Jesus....like Valentine's Day...see how THAT pumps her nads.
LOL.... I think id probably be seeing Jesus very soon than.