Things I hate seeing in the gym

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
I can't stand people who just sit on equipment and don't use it. Twice as much when I'm needing to use that particular bench.

I can't stand people who do biceps for an hour. Well I just did barbell curls, now I'll do preacher curls on this machine, followed by preacher curls on that machine. And after all that. More preacher curls.

I can't stand people who curl using a barbell (see above). Hey jerkface, some of us actually use a squat rack for squats.

I can't stand people who slam weights. We got it, you think you're special, we all can now hear how much you're lifting. Slamming weight does NOT equal intensity, it equals stupidity.

I can't stand people who do cardio for any prolonged period of time. If you're on any bike, treadmill, etc. for more than an hour, you need to rethink your workout goals.

I can't stand people who talk on their phones the entire time they're 'lifting.' If you're so important that you must be on your phone at all times, you're WAY too cool to be lifting.

I can't stand bad form. The worst are the rockers. They rock when they're rowing, they rock when they're curling. YOU'RE DOING IT WRONG! :frustrate:

If there is anything that you notice in the gym that bothers the crap out of you, feel free to add it.

neoborn

neoborn

Awards
  • Established
A long sweaty streak after the guy gets up from doing seated rows. (actually the guy was me shhhhhhhhhh)

I can't stand a bunch of guys ( teens or otherwise ) chatting it up a storm and having a good old laugh while I prefer the silence and I have to listen to their bullsh!t banter. I've come real close to telling someone to stfu.

I can't stand gym owners that put that inner thigh workout machine in just the right place in the mirror so the whole gym can was sweaty crotch susy show everyone her breakfast. ugh

I can't stand slamming of the weights - if you can't put it down, don't pick it up pvssy!

I can't stand schmoe's who leave all their weights out from every exercise they do without putting them back .....let me catch you fcker! :nutkick:

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
I can't stand guy's who wear wife-beaters and have arms that are as big as my sister's.
I can't stand fat chicks in shorts or spandex. Seriously ladies, stop damaging my eyes !
I can't stand strangers who want to talk to me. If they have no double d's then they should leave.
I can't stand people who leave their redline cans on the floor. I swear this is becoming a damn epidemic !
I can't stand people who are using a machine and the run over to your spot and tell you that they're using that one as well. People can get killed for this sh!t !

neoborn

neoborn

Awards
  • Established
I can't stand people who are using a machine and the run over to your spot and tell you that they're using that one as well. People can get killed for this sh!t !
You got to be sh!tting me. I'd put a stop to that real quick keeping my pimp hand strong or er something :D

I can't stand guys that use their core muscles and obliques to do pulldowns.

I can't stand coaches that tell my kids when they win " f*ck yeah winning is just like f*cking yer lady" :D

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
You got to be sh!tting me. I'd put a stop to that real quick keeping my pimp hand strong or er something :D

I can't stand guys that use their core muscles and obliques to do pulldowns.

I can't stand coaches that tell my kids when they win " f*ck yeah winning is just like f*cking yer lady" :D
I pretty much gave that guy my John Wayne stare and he worked in with me but he had a bad attitude about it. Management finally told him to cut it out after many complaints.

If your male kids are fvcking at 15-18 then be proud of them and the coach who encourages such things :D I was just trying to connect with my guys and that's the first thing that popped into my head. I mentioned it to my lady and she thought it was funny as hell LOL. I was too high from the win to think straight :)

Red Dog

Red Dog

Awards
  • Established
Definitely the SLAMMING of the weights. I hate that sh*t so much -- like you said, "yes we see how much your lifting, no we're not impressed, and no we don't care.. and neither do any of these chickies around here" :D

TSB4me

TSB4me

Awards
  • Established
I can't stand the paranoid gym owner who thinks that I'm just there to break her equipment because I hang extra weight on the stacks.
I can't stand listening to the two same guys who stand around taking all night, getting in my way almost every workout and when I leave the gym they're standing outside still f*cken yapping.I thought only women could talk non stop?

andros

andros

Awards
  • Established
Fvckers that read news papers and mags in the dumbells section! Die!

THETEST

Awards
  • Established
You all are missing the point - there are rules to follow that you just do not seem to be catching:
1.) Being cool for the chicks is top priority
2.) Weight lifted is everything - the less reps the better, form does not count - in fact, get the spotter to help you lift - you will have the most weight lifted then.
3.) Being inconsiderate makes you the man - so spit and sweat everywhere - the chicks dig it - its called the bad boy image.
4.) Loading more weight than you can lift counts if you stand next to it and talk for an hr - you own it man, you must have lifted it!
5.) Only workout your biceps, pecs and abs - you can hide the rest ----- you know what I am gonna say - yep chicks dig it.

THETEST

Awards
  • Established
My favorate -folks that workout while on the cell phone - the intensity of it all!!

andros

andros

Awards
  • Established
How about gimps walking in between you and the mirro while trying to squeeze out the last rep in good form!

THETEST

Awards
  • Established
Another favorite - Guys that bring their girl friends in to "Spot" them, and proceed to makeout with them like they invented sex for the rest of us to learn from------------ get a room !

Hank Vangut

Hank Vangut

Awards
  • Established
i can't stand fat personal trainers. especially the ones who continue to pester you about buying a training session with them.

Nabisco

Nabisco

Awards
  • Established
Or the personal trainers who look like skeletons. Why would I want a fat or a super skinny dude trainer telling me how to get big/cut?

Hank Vangut

Hank Vangut

Awards
  • Established
i also can't stand the guys who join a gym to hang out naked in the locker room for 3 hours straight.

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I hate teens and kids in their early 20's that are stil trying to live out HS dreams. They get in their little groups and have a big eggo contest while takeing up a machine or somthing I need to use for an hour. Of course they're all wearing wife beaters and have their hair gel in and cologne on. Not to mention their cell phones clipped to their side while sipping on a Redline that will later just be left of the floor. The whole time they're talking s h i t about me in my 2XL T and baggy jogging pants, that usually dont match, and my cheap MP3 player. Thus takeing more time on the machine I need. My little bro goes to High School with all these kids and he tells me some funny stories about what these kids his age come up with about me (I went to the same high school as all these kids, and my bro).

Rant over, damn I just hate punk ass high schoolers now-a-days,lol.

warnerve

Awards
  • Established
distilled, sounds like you are getting old man :ntome:

i personally like using the sit up machine thing to do abs cause im lazy about them, the one where you sit in a seat and move forward. i have noticed that a lot of people use them as a seat moreso than as exercise equipment. i also don't like the people that stare at you while you are working out. generally speaking though, i find it's easier for me to try not to worry about anyone else too much while i'm lifting, my mind is scattered enough as is

krich

Awards
i hate guys that come dressed up to the gym... abercrombie jeans and extra medium shirt with hair spiked.. then they stand around occasionally doing some curls but mainly there to scope out girls. get out of my way!!

Red Dog

Red Dog

Awards
  • Established
haha for whatever reason warnerve, your comment about people staring at you made me recall this one guy who always wears these giant sunglasses while he works out and i swear to god he is just too much..

its truly hilarious, just picture a ~40 year old guy, 5'10" probably 180 in knee highs, converse allstars and a dirty dirty t-shirt staring blankly in your direction (possibly?) with aviators while you try to not laugh at his goofy ass

i guess i dont hate that guy, but i do hate how he makes me laugh and funk up my heavy lifts

DarkDragon

Awards
i hate guys that come dressed up to the gym... abercrombie jeans and extra medium shirt with hair spiked.. then they stand around occasionally doing some curls but mainly there to scope out girls. get out of my way!!

What the hell is extra medium!?!

dragonfly

dragonfly

Awards
  • Established
Ahh yes, my personal favourites are the bicep curl rockers&swingers. If you want a whole body workout do the :dl:, what too hard ?!!! Join "So you think you can dance?" show then...

I can't stand people who just sit on equipment and don't use it. Twice as much when I'm needing to use that particular bench.

I can't stand people who do biceps for an hour. Well I just did barbell curls, now I'll do preacher curls on this machine, followed by preacher curls on that machine. And after all that. More preacher curls.

I can't stand people who curl using a barbell (see above). Hey jerkface, some of us actually use a squat rack for squats.

I can't stand people who slam weights. We got it, you think you're special, we all can now hear how much you're lifting. Slamming weight does NOT equal intensity, it equals stupidity.

I can't stand people who do cardio for any prolonged period of time. If you're on any bike, treadmill, etc. for more than an hour, you need to rethink your workout goals.

I can't stand people who talk on their phones the entire time they're 'lifting.' If you're so important that you must be on your phone at all times, you're WAY too cool to be lifting.

I can't stand bad form. The worst are the rockers. They rock when they're rowing, they rock when they're curling. YOU'RE DOING IT WRONG! :frustrate:

If there is anything that you notice in the gym that bothers the crap out of you, feel free to add it.

krich

Awards
What the hell is extra medium!?!
i dont know.. its just something my friends and i say when we see someone trying to look swoll while wearing a really tight shirt. i'm not sure where it came from but it stuck with us. haha

warnerve

Awards
  • Established
haha for whatever reason warnerve, your comment about people staring at you made me recall this one guy who always wears these giant sunglasses while he works out and i swear to god he is just too much..

its truly hilarious, just picture a ~40 year old guy, 5'10" probably 180 in knee highs, converse allstars and a dirty dirty t-shirt staring blankly in your direction (possibly?) with aviators while you try to not laugh at his goofy ass

i guess i dont hate that guy, but i do hate how he makes me laugh and funk up my heavy lifts
lol, so it's you that's been staring at me all this time! the sunglasses help me block out everyone else! :stick:

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
lol, so it's you that's been staring at me all this time! the sunglasses help me block out everyone else! :stick:
The sun never sets on badass.

LilPsychotic

LilPsychotic

Awards
  • Established
Guy who take their shirts off while working out (ladies another story), people who leave weight on the barbells, people who use their whole body to do a bicep curl, people who benchpress 3 times a week, people who load 350 lbs on the standing calf raise machine who couldn't squat the bar, people who do supersets involving half of the equiptment in the gym, people who bring in trays of cookies and doughnuts, people who eat a x-tra large pizza and a 30 pack directly before working out, the list goes on and on. Things I love at the gym:girls

MTNMEDIC

Yeah young glammor boiz who do a few curls then walk around like they are about to blow out the worlds biggest candle, looking in the mirror on the cool to see if anyone is noticing them. and yes there are the "locker room nudists",..yep the old a$$holes that walk around with their beans and franks hangin' out..c'mon man whats up with all that anyway.

Fisha7487

Fisha7487

Awards
Ummm.... My gym has a sign that says "NO DEADLIFTING"... LOL. Among other things. I do it anyway of course

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
Ummm.... My gym has a sign that says "NO DEADLIFTING"... LOL. Among other things. I do it anyway of course
If they're not going to let you dead, you've gotta kick it up a notch. :clean:

jpb8200

jpb8200

Awards
-when this one guy brings all his stuff in the weight section and other people have to step over it cause its all in the way, when he could go put it in the locker like everyone else.

-when this same guy leaves and doesn't matter what you are doing around his stuff, he takes his time and doesn't respect your space to do the exercise.

-the one "employee" that stares at everyone.

-the little high schoolers who think they are the $h!t for whatever reason.

-when one person is using a bench and put their stuff on another bench.

-when one person is working out, but 2 are just hanging around talking to that person, taking up benches and what little space everyone has to share.

-when this one person offers his advice on every exercise you do and you've been lifting longer than he has.

i think thats the biggies.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
People that yell out Ronnie Coleman sayings and are totally serious, "yeeaah buddyyyy, ain't nut'n but a peanut! Light weight!" Seriously, these two roid monsters yell that across the gym, at an L.A. Fitness no less where all but maybe 3 people in the whole gym will get it.

dragonfly

dragonfly

Awards
  • Established
Guy who take their shirts off while working out (ladies another story), people who leave weight on the barbells, people who use their whole body to do a bicep curl, people who benchpress 3 times a week, people who load 350 lbs on the standing calf raise machine who couldn't squat the bar, people who do supersets involving half of the equiptment in the gym, people who bring in trays of cookies and doughnuts, people who eat a x-tra large pizza and a 30 pack directly before working out, the list goes on and on. Things I love at the gym:girls
From my perspective a guy who takes his shirt off (providing he really has something to show off :bb3::bb:), is more attractive than a lady who takes her shirt off. Things I like at the gym: guys:lol:

scottydx267

scottydx267

Awards
i work at the gym and have to look at these idiots everyday:

1. the guys that weigh a buck 50 soakin wet and have ILS(imaginary lat syndrome)
2. the guys that throw on way too much weight than they can handle and ask me to spot them on bench so i have to help them with every rep, then i tell them u might wanna drop that down a little and they don't wanna take my advice
3. the "stability guys" who do nothing but excercises with light weights on the stability ball, bosu, standing on one leg.... etc...
4. girls talking on the phone while on the ellyptical or doing dumbell curls with the free hand
5. the fat guys who are always "BULKING" and walk around like they're huge... i wanna tell them, "YOU'RE JUST FAT"

GymRat5972

GymRat5972

Awards
Hate:
People not racking weights back where they belong
Chatting to friends and wasting a bench when it can be put to use.
Slamming weights around, dropping them, and grunting like they are some freaking retard
Locker room etiquette: Dont walk around butt ass nude talking to your friends. ON the weight scale. Get your ass dressed or do it at home
ladies on the treadmill for 45 min and still on 2mph. get off and go walk the block

Hank Vangut

Hank Vangut

Awards
  • Established
hate:
women who lift 3lb weights for sets of 10-20 without even straining.

then they wonder why they are not seeing any results.

idiots!!! if working out was this easy, everyone would be in great shape.

typeOnegative

typeOnegative

Awards
the locker room troll:toofunny:
the problem is they really do exist...
I also work at a gym, so i really can't stand when I am in the middle of my workout and people who know I work there ask me a question on how this works, when I am in the middle of a set(usually with headset blaring)...

also have slight issues with resolutionists: those that join only to come to the gym for about a month to two months, and really don't ever realize that you can't get into great shape and keep it in that quick of a period of time...

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
Women who think they are working their abs, when in reality, they are doing this jerky head movement that is probably not good for their neck.

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Some things that annoy me in the gym...

People that drink coffee while lifting. How the hell do they do that? How about instead of buying a $4 latte everytime you go to the gym, spend $3 on some caffiene pills that will last you 90 workouts.

Dudes that wear 5 layers of clothing, and by the end of their workout, are half naked.

Chicks with overly-revealing outfits. It's not attractive. It's unecessary.

Men or women wearing cologne/perfume.

The dude that asks me in a crowded area, "Do you take steroids? What gauge needle do you use? I did a two week cycle of Fina and then took a week off and did some Deca and then took three days off and then did some Testosterone pills and Anadrol-50s. I'll do some Winstrol in a few days."

The guys doing 4 exercises at once and get upset if you try to work in with them.

The fat chicks that tan for thirty minutes and then do five minutes on the eliptical.

People that pay $5 for an energy drink or protein shake before every workout.

Big dudes that shout out stupid crap to their friends across the gym and make stupid inside jokes to each other. We know you're there. Shut your face or I'll punch a pepperoni through your head.

People that just do a movement and don't actually work their muscle. 1lb DB's are only okay if you're in rehab. And even then it's questionable.

Douchebags.

Australian made

Australian made

Awards
  • Established
The dude that asks me in a crowded area, "Do you take steroids? What gauge needle do you use? I did a two week cycle of Fina and then took a week off and did some Deca and then took three days off and then did some Testosterone pills and Anadrol-50s. I'll do some Winstrol in a few days."
lol hilarious.

a guy last night was doing bicep curls on a smith machine. i hated it because he was a personal trainer and id hate to see him get people into doing that.

Hank Vangut

Hank Vangut

Awards
  • Established
Chicks with overly-revealing outfits. It's not attractive. It's unecessary.
not sure i agree with this one. what if she's hot?

but yesterday at my gym there was a 300lb woman w/fat rolls wearing just a sports bra and spandex shorts.
why would she do this?!?
does she think it makes her look thinner when she wears a tiny outfit?

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
not sure i agree with this one. what if she's hot?

but yesterday at my gym there was a 300lb woman w/fat rolls wearing just a sports bra and spandex shorts.
why would she do this?!?
does she think it makes her look thinner when she wears a tiny outfit?
I agree with Irish Cannon on this one. I hate women who are barely clothed purely for the simple fact that it exudes lack of self-confidence in every aspect. It becomes even more evident when they go to the area with the most guys working out and doing the most provocative exercises with the intent of getting them worked up.

Typically when females do this I just ignore them on purpose. There must be some type of insecurity where they feel the need to get attention so badly from guys at a gym. Most women who are teases like this usually follow the same mantra where attention=self-validation.

...............there was some chick who was very attractive doing squats (wrong) once right in front of all the guys at the gym and me. I was sooooo tempted to push her down in the middle of her exercise. That would have been so cool.

Australian made

Australian made

Awards
  • Established
Typically when females do this I just ignore them on purpose. There must be some type of insecurity where they feel the need to get attention so badly from guys at a gym. Most women who are teases like this usually follow the same mantra where attention=self-validation.
Typically, i stare at them.

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Modest is hottest.

I've snapped on plenty of women that will accuse guys of looking at their boobs when they have on revealing clothing. A few times to the point of tears. As if they weren't trying to get the attention. Sometimes people need to be told how pathetic they truly are.

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
Modest is hottest.

I've snapped on plenty of women that will accuse guys of looking at their boobs when they have on revealing clothing. A few times to the point of tears. As if they weren't trying to get the attention. Sometimes people need to be told how pathetic they truly are.
Squeaks4ever is one of those kinds of women.

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
Modest is hottest.
Indeed sir. I like the female figure just as much as the next guy, but it's just a poor showing to be flaunting it at the gym.