Computer Help: Can't Play FFVII!!!

S

stxnas

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I'm looking to kill some time on break by playing FFVII on my pc. The only problem is that it looks like the game was in 8-Bit and the screen blacks out when I open the game.

I know enough about computers to take them apart and replace **** when I need to, but I don't know **** about graphics and gaming. What do I need to do to be able to play this game?

S

stxnas

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Umm, yeah...so I just rumaged around the house and found an old pc. I decided to strip it bare and completely took it apart. I always thought a graphics card was along the lines of say a nic card as far size/structure. After having a look around it appears that a graphics card is more similar to a processor...so much for that.

neoborn

neoborn

Awards
  • Established
There are two main kinds of Graphics cards.

1. Add on cards that are a separate physical card you plug into the motherboard.

2. Crappy incorporated graphic chips already on the motherboard.

How old is the computer what are it's stats? Find out by going to "my computer" right click > Properties etc or go Start > All Programs > Accessories > System Tools > System info

What are the PC requirements for the game?

bitterplacebo

bitterplacebo

Awards
  • Established
I had some trouble playing the PC version on my newer computers, also. There's some emulation tricks you can do in windows to try to get it to run in a compatible mode. I don't think I had luck with that, though, but you can search google for solutions if you haven't already.

A simpler way for you to get this game running on a PC might be to get a Playstation emulator and download the ISO image of FFVII for the Playstation. Keep in mind this is only legal if you own the game...