If you had to pick, which would you overdevelop?

what would you focus on

• Metroid delts

Votes: 19 25.0%
  • Mt Everest Bi's

Votes: 5 6.6%
  • Wide "V" back

Votes: 12 15.8%
  • No-neck Traps

Votes: 3 3.9%
  • Tree Trunk Legs

Votes: 14 18.4%
  • Chizeled abs

Votes: 11 14.5%
  • Ruhl'ish Pecs

Votes: 9 11.8%
  • Fat Horseshoe Tri's

Votes: 3 3.9%
  • Mango Testes (gear abusers dont apply (gixxer) )

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Some guys like to focus on huge arms some are obsessed with no-neck like traps...So if you had to pick a muscle group that is your favorite looking or one you could develop more than another what would it be?

Edit: I hope im making sense and everyone gets what i mean.

Australian made

Australian made

Awards
  • Established
Arms fo shoooo. My chest is decent and i have naturally broad shoulders. I think at 6'2 having big arms is neccessary otherwise i'd look like a bballer or some kind of stick insect.

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Arms fo shoooo. My chest is decent and i have naturally broad shoulders. I think at 6'2 having big arms is neccessary otherwise i'd look like a bballer or some kind of stick insect.
im with you on that. My arms are cut and fairly big looking while flexed but relaxed they look like they need improvement because of my long frame. But i have to go with back. I want wings that i can fly with! and mad detail.

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
I gotta go with Ruhl's ish pecs. The chest (pecs) is literally the centerpiece of your body.

LiftNDestroy

LiftNDestroy

Awards
  • Established
Tree trunk legs for sure. Living in texas I always wear shorts, but my legs have never been all that great, especially my calves. Tom Platz style would be brutal!

Nabisco

Nabisco

Awards
  • Established
All of them? Since thats not an answer and I have to choose one, I'd say the super wide "V" back. Nothing makes a guy look bigger in clothes than broad shoulders/back and a small waist. I agree with ReaperX that the chests is the centerpiece though...but I've gotten so used to having an underdeveloped chest that I would be ecstatic to have a normally developed chest.:blink:

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Delts can make underdeveloped arms look impressive, and your whole upper body look good with a shirt on.

Since I amk going from the premise that you CANT work out anything else, I would hit delts.

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Delts can make underdeveloped arms look impressive, and your whole upper body look good with a shirt on.

Since I amk going from the premise that you CANT work out anything else, I would hit delts.
you could work everything but im just saying which would you want to be the most impressive.

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Definitely the legs. You upper body doesn't need to be big to have the appearance of being big. As long as you are ripped up, you can look good up top, but you can't fool anyone with small, ripped up legs. Monster legs earn my vote!

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

Word. Plus, it is becoming a rare sight to see fully-developed delts. I already have over-developed thighs and have basically stopped training them to try to get my upper-body to somewhat match.

Dr Packenwood

Dr Packenwood

Awards
  • Established
Since GIx said testes, I'll go with a massive bonker stick. Something in the 3"-4" area.

Srsly, I'd go for legs.

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
Delts for sure.

I've seen some people talk about naturally broad shoulders being their reason for not wanting bigger delts, but hell, my shoulders are naturally pretty damn broad and I'd still go for the cartoon character look. I think its awesome. there is nothing more impressive, IMHO.

TripDog

TripDog

Bananas
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I like how you stole my metroid delts wording........as that was my goal in my thread to have Metroid like shoulders.....

TripDog

TripDog

Bananas
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
TripDog

TripDog

Bananas
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
Definitely the legs. You upper body doesn't need to be big to have the appearance of being big. As long as you are ripped up, you can look good up top, but you can't fool anyone with small, ripped up legs. Monster legs earn my vote!
Agreed. I also agree because I've always had a hard time developing my legs and would love to have massive tree trunks. They're the foundation for everything else. And like LiftNDestroy I too wear shorts just about year around.

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I want mango testes :)
come and get some! i hope you like mango juice too...:twisted:

just to add, this choice can also relate to your present state. for example: you have a hard time developing legs so you would want bigger legs or you have a huge chest and want to be an absolute chest freak or you have never seen yourself with cut abs etc.

OCCFan023

OCCFan023

Awards
  • Established
ALthough the abs would be nice (for core function and look) "Metriodesque" shoulders would be my top choice. Not only do the tie into other exercises but as mentioned before they are truly a show piece if well developed.

Also I read an article where apparently Canon Ball like delts were shown to be a ridiculous turn on/ appealing characteristic for women (I think it had to do with sense of security and its one of the first things they see or something)

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Abs. It is difficult to imagine a well-sculpted physique without superior, well-defined, abs.

freqfly

freqfly

Awards
  • Established
Delt for sure, when I started focusing on delt more, my whole upper body looked bigger.

Jstrong20

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Forearms. I'd love to have those popeye forearms.

TripDog

TripDog

Bananas
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Forearms. I'd love to have those popeye forearms.
dam thats something i got without wanting....my forearms are nuts!

shoulders make anyone look better!!!!!.....I train shoulders like its my job.....25-30 sets!!!!! seated military,upright rows(both in smith machine) standing side raises,seated bent over raises,seated front raises,shruggs(low weight high reps 30+)...all done with slow reps,good form,and controll......if you want to develope a muscle...please dont try to max out on everything!!....as a NPTI certified trainer....work the muscle with total reps,and isolation...........I dont need to tell you how NOT symetrical "power lifters" look!!......Guys hear the message...stop trying to impress people with weight......if your not hiting 12 reps+ on every set.....you will never get full "and total" muscle development!!

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
25-30 sets for shoulders + 12+ reps each ?

If I were to train @ 25-30 sets for shoulders I'd probably blow out my rotator cuff.

rugger48

rugger48

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Legs for me, close second would be shoulders. Im more sports oriented and nothing is better for performance then strong legs.

Jstrong20

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
!
Yeah thats the way it seems to work. Always want what you don't have and take what you have for granted.lol I picked forearms because its the only muscles that bother me. I've made progress but I still feel they lag. I seem to be able to expand all the other muscles on my body in propotion.

Sampson

Banned
Awards
chizzled abs for sure.....probably because its something that I have always wanted, but never had the disipline to even come close to achieving.

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
chizzled abs for sure.....probably because its something that I have always wanted, but never had the disipline to even come close to achieving.
You are not alone! You'll get there eventually.

AM07

Awards
  • Established
A muscular, thick, veiny, long hard cokc is what I would strive for. Oh wait, I already have that.

Nevermind, that was the dream I had of me screwing Megan Fox :(

b unit

b unit

Awards
  • Established
where's the option for calves? you can never have to bigger calves IMHO

:thumbsup:

rustlerracer

rustlerracer

Awards
chest for sure, under developed chest is the worst

manicstudio

Awards
yea you are one of the lucky ones...i have long arms so getting my forearms worked out while from deadlifts and pull-ups dont do anything...i have to do certain forearm exercises to have them catch up to my upper arms n delts...i have girly wrists but 17" biceps

jakz

jakz

Awards
  • Established
I'm bumping this thread! Me personally, I would like some big ass triceptuals! :D

Mowglisml

Mowglisml

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'll take Metroid's Samus without her costume ;)
but V back! It just looks super impressive

UCSMiami

UCSMiami

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
None. Symmetry is the key. too much here with too little there is akin to cartoonish. See it a great deal with the upper body types with chicken legs at the gym.

ChocolateClen

ChocolateClen

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
None of the above, I choose calves for all of you who didn't pick calves, why you lyin?

Jk but calves fr

jakz

jakz

Awards
  • Established
muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
None. Symmetry is the key. too much here with too little there is akin to cartoonish. See it a great deal with the upper body types with chicken legs at the gym.
I get that, but that's more of a complete imbalance between upper and lower body, almost as if they belong on two different people. Having a well-developed body as a while with one or two "freaky" or standout body parts isn't necessarily a bad thing.

jakz

jakz

Awards
  • Established
ChocolateClen

ChocolateClen

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Oh yes. Forgot about the shoulder. Healing well I hope?
It's going good, tighter than first expected so ROM is still an issue. Should start lifting again here in a month or two