Preventing gray hair

machine528

machine528

Awards
  • Established
Well here is my situation, since ive been about 17-18 i noticed i had a few gray/white hairs mixed in with my brown hair. I seem to notice them more in the winter time when i lose my tan or when my hair is cut short. I am 27 now and am definatly noticing more gray hairs popping up on the top of my head. Does anyone know of anything i can do.. besides dye my hair if it gets bad, to stop the gray hair. I really dont want to go gray.

Mr.50

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Chinese formula for this is He Sho Wu otherwise know as the herb Fo Ti. Not sure if it works or not.

Travis

Travis

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Just use Just for Men. Its 8 bucks for one application....keeps the gray away for about a month.

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Chinese formula for this is He Sho Wu otherwise know as the herb Fo Ti. Not sure if it works or not.
Yes, Fo-Ti (Polygonum multiflorum) is said to help in this department. He Shou Wu means "black-haired Mr. He" in Chinese. Another, in Ayurvedic Medicine, is Amla, said to be nature's most potent source of vitamin C. Other options include pantothenic acid, para-amino benzoic acid (PABA), brewer's yeast, high-dose co-q10 ubiquinol (more potent than co-q10 ubiquinone), superoxide dismutase (SOD), and biotin.

yeahright

yeahright

Awards
  • Established
PABA is supposed to work but the evidence is mixed. You could simply embrace the gray hair. I kinda like mine (gray around temples) and men always look stupid when they dye to cover it up. It's too uniform looking and stands out much more than the gray hair does.

Travis

Travis

Banned
Awards
  • Established
PABA is supposed to work but the evidence is mixed. You could simply embrace the gray hair. I kinda like mine (gray around temples) and men always look stupid when they dye to cover it up. It's too uniform looking and stands out much more than the gray hair does.
WHAT! Lol, I have used Just for Men a few times and nobody has ever said anything. I actually wouldnt care if they did. Imo it still looks better than gray. :rasp:

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
both forskolin and resveratrol also have some level of anti-greying or even reversing it. forskolin also helps albino mice avoid skin cancer under exposure to sun...

yeahright

yeahright

Awards
  • Established
WHAT! Lol, I have used Just for Men a few times and nobody has ever said anything. I actually wouldnt care if they did. Imo it still looks better than gray. :rasp:
Just because no one has ever said anything doesn't mean they're not thinking it.............:ntome:

LOL. Actually, I'm sure plenty of men look fine with dyed hair and people never notice...you just notice the ones who look bad.

Travis

Travis

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Just because no one has ever said anything doesn't mean they're not thinking it.............:ntome:

LOL. Actually, I'm sure plenty of men look fine with dyed hair and people never notice...you just notice the ones who look bad.
Yeah I hear ya. I'm pretty young still. So grays seem to get more attention then dyed hair.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

no one at my work noticed last time I did it either, I told them a month later and they didn't believe me. We did a full custom color match dye tho, home mixed from beauty supply store stuff