Lifting by Faith in God?

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hey guys. I was wondering if you ever saw these guys. I don't know who they are or what they are called. I saw this show once with these weight lifters. The believe that by having faith in God that they can lift extremely heavy weights. The show was really based on that. I only saw it one time and I don't remember what channel or anything. Its just basically a memory to me now, so I am wondering if anyone has heard of this type of thing or has even saw this show. It had to have been at least 10 or more years ago that I saw this. Any help would be appreciated.

TheCrownedOne

TheCrownedOne

Awards
  • Established
Sounds a lot like the Power Team. They break baseball bats, tear phone books in half, and destroy cement blocks all in the name of...God...I guess. You know God loves a baseball bat breaker ;)

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
The believe that by having faith in God that they can lift extremely heavy weights.
They were strong men, power lifter and exhibition lifters, who used their power lifting skills as a platform on which they drew a secular crowd to then evangelize and share their faith testimony.

"The Power Team often conducted performances in secular venues such as schools, to encourage audiences from outside church communities. As performances in public schools could not discuss religion, these performances instead promoted social responsibility and abstention from drugs and alcohol."

The Power Team - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

nelix

Awards
  • Established
I am pretty sure anyone can tear a phone book in half, there is a tutorial on youtube... (off topic, but I figure it's a useful skill)

RedwolfWV

RedwolfWV

Awards
  • Established
The Power Team was in our town this summer. Took my boy to see them, and had a chance to meet a few at the gym we work out in. The ones I met were all ordained ministers.

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Sounds a lot like the Power Team. They break baseball bats, tear phone books in half, and destroy cement blocks all in the name of...God...I guess. You know God loves a baseball bat breaker ;)
I think it's merely a way to get people to hear the Word of God rather than tearing phone books in the name of God. I think they share their testimonies, then show people how freakin' hayoooge they are.

Dr Packenwood

Dr Packenwood

Awards
  • Established
Hey guys. I was wondering if you ever saw these guys. I don't know who they are or what they are called. I saw this show once with these weight lifters. The believe that by having faith in God that they can lift extremely heavy weights. The show was really based on that. I only saw it one time and I don't remember what channel or anything. Its just basically a memory to me now, so I am wondering if anyone has heard of this type of thing or has even saw this show. It had to have been at least 10 or more years ago that I saw this. Any help would be appreciated.
Were they the guys that would handcuff 2 of them together, one would get on the others back or something and they'd both pull and break the chain on the handcuffs?

I saw that **** when I was like 9 and wanted to join a gym.

Ribo68

Ribo68

Awards
I am pretty sure anyone can tear a phone book in half, there is a tutorial on youtube... (off topic, but I figure it's a useful skill)
I can't. And they tear those super thick ones in half.

BIGG DOGG

BIGG DOGG

Awards
  • Established
haha i saw this the other night... i thought it was a little silly... but to each there own...

gotripped

gotripped

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I think it's merely a way to get people to hear the Word of God rather than tearing phone books in the name of God. I think they share their testimonies, then show people how freakin' hayoooge they are.
hey irish cannon, who's that retarded looking kid in ur avatar?

gotripped

gotripped

Banned
Awards
  • Established
if that was my son i'd shove him back in or throw him off a bridge.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I lift for the Power of Satan!!!!!!!!!!
Dude, lifting for the power of the Flying Spaghetti Monster allows you to Super Carb Load with all of that Holy Pasta Goodness.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Dude, lifting for the power of the Flying Spaghetti Monster allows you to Super Carb Load with all of that Holy Pasta Goodness.
I think i'd rather lift for the God of anabolic innovations, at least I get pancakes + cookies that way.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I think i'd rather lift for the God of anabolic innovations, at least I get pancakes + cookies that way.
Mr. Crowler...what went on in your head?
Mr. Crowler...did you buff out the dead?

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
I lift for the power of myself actually:)

Ive seen those guys - I thought it was kind of cool really. Im not a religious dude, but if believing in a god gets some dude off the couch and in the gym, power to them.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
big v I agree. I am notoverly religious but it gets them going so thats all that matters

KingMeso

KingMeso

Awards
  • Established
:lol: :lol: :toofunny: :toofunny:

Dr Packenwood

Dr Packenwood

Awards
  • Established
Mr. Crowler...what went on in your head?
Mr. Crowler...did you buff out the dead?
:twisted:
When I was in my 20's I missed out on a good Ozz fest with Fear Factory, now, Ozzy came with Rob Zombie and I couldn't care less.

I still have a spot for that crazy old **** but his incoherent ramblings on The Osbournes kind of took that rock star image I once had of him and stuffed it head first into a toilet.

Is he as bad at his concerts as he is in interviews?

SHAAAAAARRRRRRRRROOOON!!! Beeiahah mogneinntna ****ing heeehaw **** shooshoo migtn furr rrrr r br-br-br-br-b-b-b-b-bbohhhoorrt god damn gjjf right whnnnn foro re SHAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRON!
:blink:

datBtrue

datBtrue

Awards
  • Established
:twisted:
When I was in my 20's I missed out on a good Ozz fest with Fear Factory, now, Ozzy came with Rob Zombie and I couldn't care less.

I still have a spot for that crazy old **** but his incoherent ramblings on The Osbournes kind of took that rock star image I once had of him and stuffed it head first into a toilet.

Is he as bad at his concerts as he is in interviews?

SHAAAAAARRRRRRRRROOOON!!! Beeiahah mogneinntna ****ing heeehaw **** shooshoo migtn furr rrrr r br-br-br-br-b-b-b-b-bbohhhoorrt god damn gjjf right whnnnn foro re SHAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRON!
:blink:
You aren't old enough...but I remember seeing him play with Randy Rhoads back in the early 80's. I have never ever seen or heard anyone play the guitar the way Rhoads did Crazy Train...what an awesome experience to see him do that live.

That experience was matched though by seeing Mark Knopfler play Sultans of Swing live....man I wish I could make a guitar sing like those good could.

MashedPotato

MashedPotato

Awards
  • Established
Jesus gives me the power to workout!!!

(a photo of me and jesus and summer camp '96)

Jesus was my workout teacher and taught me all the the bodybuilding "moves".....