anyone actually go out drinking?

justreading

justreading

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I have been good recently and gains are going well but tonight I am supposed to go out drinking.... it is such a decision everytime and no matter which one you make you feel bad...

CDB

CDB

Awards
  • Established
I have been good recently and gains are going well but tonight I am supposed to go out drinking.... it is such a decision everytime and no matter which one you make you feel bad...
If tonight is any indicator, the more I lay off drinking, the less I can deal with it when the opportunity comes up. I'm on the edge of just never drinking anything but a little wine at dinner anymore. Can't take it. No stamina for partying anymore.

justreading

justreading

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I agree I REALLY dont want to go but my girl and all her friends already think I am anti-social and boring... I am about to turn 25 and already I would rather focuss on my training than drinking

CDB

CDB

Awards
  • Established
I agree I REALLY dont want to go but my girl and all her friends already think I am anti-social and boring... I am about to turn 25 and already I would rather focuss on my training than drinking
You're still young, enjoy it while you can. One day your drinking and partying ability will hit a brick wall, and you won't know you hit it until the next morning. Live it up while you can.

Last edited:
justreading

justreading

Banned
Awards
  • Established
You're still young, enjoy it while you can. One day you're drinking and partying ability will hit a brick wall, and you won't know you hit it until the next morning. Live it up while you can.
thanks man, I've been really dedicated I guess I deserve it... Wish me luck that I dont kill one of my girls obnoxious friends...

RisingAgainst

RisingAgainst

Banned
Awards
  • Established
thanks man, I've been really dedicated I guess I deserve it... Wish me luck that I dont kill one of my girls obnoxious friends...
haha enjoy yourself man... but do so in moderation as well.. I haven't been 'drunk' since new years and I'm only 21 going on 22... I personally don't drink but I always go out with the bro's and stir **** up... You don't have to drink to impress your girlfriends friends.. and if you do, stop dating 18 year olds man! hahaha

justreading

justreading

Banned
Awards
  • Established
haha enjoy yourself man... but do so in moderation as well.. I haven't been 'drunk' since new years and I'm only 21 going on 22... I personally don't drink but I always go out with the bro's and stir **** up... You don't have to drink to impress your girlfriends friends.. and if you do, stop dating 18 year olds man! hahaha
Ha I need to drink to put up with them (and to out up with the fact that I am bringing sand to the beach). Lord we are leaving in 10-15 minutes and i am on here. this is some serious internet meathead man love lol

RisingAgainst

RisingAgainst

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Ha I need to drink to put up with them (and to out up with the fact that I am bringing sand to the beach). Lord we are leaving in 10-15 minutes and i am on here. this is some serious internet meathead man love lol
dude... spend the next four-five hours of your life pondering my following statements:

yo te odio

justreading

justreading

Banned
Awards
  • Established
dude... spend the next four-five hours of your life pondering my following statements:

yo te odio
I wish I understood spanish haha... I'm home already with a crying over dramit GF and her insane friend still out... KILL ME... :wtf:

PumpYouUp

PumpYouUp

Awards
  • Established
Well I got tore up from the floor up on Friday night.... I wasnt hung over on sat morning, which kinda surprised me b/c I rarely drink anymore. How did your drinking night turn out?

justreading

justreading

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Well I got tore up from the floor up on Friday night.... I wasnt hung over on sat morning, which kinda surprised me b/c I rarely drink anymore. How did your drinking night turn out?
Look at the post above bud ha... DISASTER!! luckily i didnt drink heavy. Had 3 stiff drinks but thats it.

JakeVendetta

JakeVendetta

Board Sponsor
Awards
I feel your pain justreading, my fiance just turned 21 i took her out last night after she got off work at 11:30. didnt actually get to the bar until almost 1.... they close at 2 around here. She was soo pist cause she didnt think she could get drunk in an hour, like 15 minutes later she was crying and puking and ****..... Good Times(not). I cant stand drinking or being around drunks, not sure why, probably cause i grew up around that ****. Going out is only fun before your legaly allowed to do it.

Minnesota

Minnesota

Awards
dude i don't even drink anymore and im 24, i just cant stand alcohol, other than a good wine, when ppl ask why i dont i say 'i hear its bad for you' all it does is create drama and dissapointment....good riddance. i also go into how alcohol is catabolic, slows down protein synthesis, lowers testosterone and makes you dehydrated by the end of that they don't bother me about it again.

jomi822

jomi822

Banned
Awards
  • Established
honestly, the appeal of alcohol kind of wore out around sophomore year of highschool.

there were a couple of 25+ drink nights in the beginning of college but that is the last little round of binges i could manage to bring myself to engage in.

i have no problem going out and having a beer or two. drink slowly...if you are with girls chances are theyll be **** faced before youre done with the 2nd drink and wont be paying attention to your drinking one way or the other.

Frequency

Frequency

Awards
  • Established
Yeah i have never really been a big drinker. Personally i think its kind of sad if you have be drunk, every time you go out, just to have a good time. Dont get me wrong. Drinking is great every now and then. I just prefer to do actually do something other than holding a bottle and taking and be able to remember it the next morning without feeling ****ty.

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm pretty much done drinking. I just feel worthless and poopy and dry and tiny when I do it.

Just order a Perrier with lime. I'm sure the women will see you as manly ;)

In all seriousness, if you have to drink alcohol for people to think you're social then they have a problem. There are such better things to do and spend your money and time on. My friends tend to be the same way, and just like to go out to bars and try to pick up girls. I'd rather go to a climbing wall or a jazz club or attempt to pick up an old hobby like skateboarding at the skate park. That stuff just has so much more appeal to me.

WannaBeHulk

WannaBeHulk

rollin' on dubs!
Awards
  • Established
the most important thing i can advise is to find a balance to keep you happy. i was the exact same way in regards to drinking. it was a lose-lose situation. either have a good time and sacrafice some muscularity, or stay at home and be bored wishing i would have gone out. lets be honest, for most of us, the night is much more enjoyable with some drinks (i prefer a mild buzz).

i guess what im getting at is identifying your balance. if you're miserable becasue your social life isnt what it used to be, and a few drinks will help improve that status, have some drinks and enjoy yourself. the last few years, i stayed extremely dedicated to training. although i liked my appearance, i was disappointed with my social life. one of the big reasons i train outside of competition reasons is for attention and attraction to girls. i dont receive that if i dont go out and let loose every now and again.

Travis

Travis

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Agree on the balance thing. It wasnt the sole reason but I'm pretty sure I lost my last GF b/c of not wanting to go out and drink all the time. She was a party girl and at the time I wasnt. I still go out and drink it up now and then. I dont compete and training for me is more of a stress relief then it is just to look good.

Jstrong20

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I feel the same as hulk. For awhile I wouldn't mess with alcohol. Now I enjoy a few beers on the weekend and it hasn't hurt my training any. I like the buzz feeling like hulk also but I usually don't even drink enough to feel anything. I just enjoy the taste of 2-3 beers and an occasional long island or yager bomb.

CDB

CDB

Awards
  • Established
I feel the same as hulk. For awhile I wouldn't mess with alcohol. Now I enjoy a few beers on the weekend and it hasn't hurt my training any. I like the buzz feeling like hulk also but I usually don't even drink enough to feel anything. I just enjoy the taste of 2-3 beers and an occasional long island or yager bomb.
For me it's wine. I love and prefer a glass or two of wine several times a week. Less beer these days, unless it's a good dark stout or a nice barley beer. Something with character and different from the usual piss water people drink these days. There's a good deli near where I used to work that offers a whole selection of international and rare beers, lots of good stuff there.

AM07

Awards
  • Established
It's good to go out and get ****ed up sometimes.

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
im a recovering alcoholic at the age of 23...haha. Ive been thru so much crap i dont know where to begin and the list is long, all because of alcohol. With that being said im still quite a drinker when i drink. People already know not to challenge me or say anything that would bring me to outrageous binging because they know all hell will break loose. Pretty sad actually. My current GF is a big drinker too so that doesnt help. I have learned to control myself a bit now and i dont drink everynight now just every other night lol jk. Ill drink maybe once a week if that. Methyls help me stay off the bottle too lol.

Australian made

Australian made

Awards
  • Established
. Methyls help me stay off the bottle too lol.
im hoping the same works for me. i've cut down a lot lately but for my upcoming cycle ill need to stay off completely for a good 7-8 weeks. it wont be easy cos i dont want to tell anyone about the PH's but if anything i should save a sh1t load of cash! i find it so hard to say no to booze........ after 3 or 4 i get the buzz and think f*k it, ill deal with the consequences in the morning!

besides everyone in London drinks, the weather is so sh1tty there isn't much else to do besides get wasted!

Dr Packenwood

Dr Packenwood

Awards
  • Established
All but gave it up by the time I was 25ish. I stayed drunk for about 2 years once. Every weekend, and 1-3 times during the week. The week of Christmas one year I don't think I was sober for much longer than a few hours.

The drama the comes with it isn't for me. Someone is always ruining the buzz. When I have gotten **** faced, the best times have been either with my best friend and very few others, or my girl. Other than that getting hammered by myself creates the least amount of drama and bs that goes on. I can sink into the couch and watch tv.