Dj muscic and/or tehcno types of music lovers out there?

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Listening to a power jam of Dj Tiesto and looking over some DJ music on youtube. Man I love this stuff. Anyone have any personal favorites?

Rivet

Rivet

Awards
  • Established
You should log into MSN so I can link ya up =)

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
look up stuff by DJ Food, ColdCut, and DJ Krush

If you're down with ambient techno, DJ Food is where it's at.

Mirwais is also tight.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Techno songs

Edit: love comedy as much as the next man but I was serious. If you don't like the music then feel free to start a thread making fun of techno. No issue there.

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Jay,

Are you more into Club/Dance techno?

I tend to enjoy trippy sounding beats/melodies.

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Pretty much all of it man. I'm ruled by emotion and will listen to whatever suits me at that time.

Rivet

Rivet

Awards
  • Established
For trippy I like Psytrance. Saw "Infected Mushroom" live in july.

Zombie

Zombie

Awards
  • Established
late to this thread, i saw Tiesto monday or tuesday i dont recall when i was at vegas, he performed @ Jet in the mirage. it was a nice party from 11 till 4:30 am

MgoBlue

MgoBlue

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Tiesto rules!! I like the song He's a Pirate.. Good stuff. I also get into Armin Van Buuren & Ferry Corsten.. I listen to BPM & The System on XM all day while on the road. I have hours of that stuff on my ipod for some pretty intense cardio sessions!!!:djparty:

Nogrinia

Awards
Hybrid has some good stuff especially Live in the Mix from 2001. There is alot of public domain live shows of these guys and various other artists so it keeps you potentially out of a court battle if you are in the states

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm diggin the mushroom folk man...Either that or i'm really ****ed up lmao

zbtboy

zbtboy

Anabolic Innovations Rep
Awards
  • Established
I've been removed from the scene for a few years now but was into it big time in the late '90s, 2000-2002. I have tons of tiesto cds along with Hybrid, Oakenfold, Dave Ralph, Paul VanDyke, Sasha+Digweed, Corsten, and the list goes on and on.

On a slightly different note, Digweed appears in a techno/trance movie called Grove. Good flick.

PumpYouUp

PumpYouUp

Awards
  • Established
I fraking Love techno/trance/house its the ****! I only wish I had a full blown badass sound system in my room to blast all of the hi's and lows with, that would just rule!

brass monkey

brass monkey

Awards
  • Established
[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_C5wJh4dK0"]YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.[/nomedia]

brass monkey

brass monkey

Awards
  • Established
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iP-86de-oUA"]YouTube - C2C DMC 2005 (album coming 2010)[/ame]

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cq_I08pDHXY"]YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.[/nomedia]

neoborn

neoborn

Awards
  • Established
I love it alllllllll baby!.....this music, no word of a lie, motivates me and inspires me with feelings of love / better days to come!

To each their own, some listen, some feel and some fly.....I fly baby!

Much Love,

Neoborn

Carl Cox of teh 90's to the maximum!

neoborn

neoborn

Awards
  • Established
Bounce - nice scratching and tunes I f'n love this stuff 10/10.

Rivet

Rivet

Awards
  • Established
Infected mushroom is damned good
The newer stuff (the 2 last cds) has become more "band like" like in the Becoming Insane song you posted .The older stuff is more like pure trippy Psytrance. I liked both styles. The band is super nice in person they shook hands with the crowds and talked to people.

Australian made

Australian made

Awards
  • Established
i saw Tiesto last year and Infected mushroom just a few months ago. They are both awesome live acts. Infected mushroom are unlike no other live act! if u get a chance go and see them. same goes for Tiesto as well.

Check out "Flight 463" from Tiesto. one of his best ever..........it could be 462 lol

Australian made

Australian made

Awards
  • Established
the only issue i have with this music is trying to get my friends to listen to it so i can get them to come along to a set! im used to hearing " i hate that techno crap".

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I really like trance with all the variations and also house with all the types it has. I dont really have favorite artists but more just favorite songs. I did quite a bit of raving in my teens and "rolling" ever since i was like 15 lol....Its great for cardio, and the music keeps you going. I always have been more for vocal trance...you know the ones with lyrics lol.

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
Arguably, the best trance song!

[nomedia="http://youtube.com/watch?v=k00Zrc2iXUM"]YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.[/nomedia]

MgoBlue

MgoBlue

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I too, prefer more of the vocal techno. This is one of the first CD's I bought back in the days.. I loved this one!

From there, I really got into Lords of Acid & Praga Khan.. Good stuff.

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Lords of Acid, lol. Their stuff is crazy :)Good but crazy.

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
Paul van dyk's 'the other side'

Make sure to watch the video as it really goes along well with the song.
[nomedia="http://youtube.com/watch?v=xDugz-TaODI"]YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.[/nomedia]

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
Another great paul van dyk song:

[nomedia="http://youtube.com/watch?v=X7sce-0zBv0"]YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.[/nomedia]

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Edit: love comedy as much as the next man but I was serious. If you don't like the music then feel free to start a thread making fun of techno. No issue there.

Sorry Jay, I guess I was just bored. Didn't mean any offense by it. I always enjoy your posts and thoughts.

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I wasn't offended but I didin't want the thread to get derailed with that stuff.

brass monkey

brass monkey

Awards
  • Established
Birdy Nam Nam
Great find Jay Ive done a Little spinning myself and I cant imagine how much practice goes into getting the timing down with multiple turntables and DJs. Old school musicians like my uncle love to diss anything thats not created in the typical band format, I turned him on two a drum machine and a tintable and he has a whole new respect for this type of music and he realized that they are used just like instruments and that it dose take some talent and creativity.

MgoBlue

MgoBlue

Banned
Awards
  • Established
driving in my truck on BPM tonight I heard a song from DJ DLG Welcome to the Jungle.. Friggin' awesome! Basically the GnR song w/ a techno beat!

I tried to get it off of Limewire, but couldn't find it. Anyone else out there have it?

Travis

Travis

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Wow, didnt know there were so many techno fans. I specifically get to this club in town by 12:30ish b/c they always play sandstorm at that time. We go, get in, dance to it, then leave, lol.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I forgot to mention Orbital. I have been in a big techno mood lately and have listening to many stations from iTunes (which is a great way to find new styles and artists).

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Trance makes me want to shoot people in the face.

House however, especially the hard and funky variations get me moving. Cassius is a personal favourite of mine.

YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.

I love electro-breaks as well. Audio Bullies are also very good for cardio.