PA and Layne Norton Discuss AAS vs. Natural @ BB.com

rpen22

rpen22

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Haha, Patrick hates those little clapping hands. :lol:

But seriously; cool video, guys. I'd like to see these types of educational video interviews done more often.

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Haha, Patrick hates those little clapping hands. :lol:

But seriously; cool video, guys. I'd like to see these types of educational video interviews done more often.
Hahaha, didn't know he hated them. I'll have to use them more often when we're on the same thread. :D

I really like some of the points Layne brought up with how the media is portraying it.

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
Is it me or does Patrick Arnold kinda sound like Tom Hanks ?

xjsynx

xjsynx

Awards
Sounds good so far, but man those hair nets :fool2:

xjsynx

xjsynx

Awards
I'm sure it's a safety regulation.
I know what they are for, but why do the interview with them on?

Does it make him look more scientific?

I think he should have wore one when he was being interviewed by Bob Costas.

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
I'm surprised that the only place that they could interview both Patrick and Layne was an area that required a hairnet. Was there not any offices there ?

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
How old do you think PA is in this pic:

He looks like he's maybe 25-26yrs old.

xjsynx

xjsynx

Awards
I'm surprised that the only place that they could interview both Patrick and Layne was an area that required a hairnet. Was there not any offices there ?
That is what I am wondering?

xjsynx

xjsynx

Awards
How old do you think PA is in this pic:

He looks like he's maybe 25-26yrs old.
The real question is, what is he looking at?

Is he saying, "ahhh sh11111t I forgot my hair net???"

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
I think he does. That's what the big arguement over him getting a refund over his Epistane was over. He mentioned that he was wanting to lean up for the Arnold Classic earlier this year.

xjsynx

xjsynx

Awards
I think he does. That's what the big arguement over him getting a refund over his Epistane was over. He mentioned that he was wanting to lean up for the Arnold Classic earlier this year.
Getting a refund? I missed that one.

xjsynx

xjsynx

Awards
nycste

nycste

Awards
  • Established
just watched a bunch of non sponsored i think videos of layne norton and really enjoyed them. talking about some guy nick too how they go against each other or something its interesting.

i dont know their size but both guys appear to only get 250g protein daily whereas i think many of us assume 400 for a normal 200lb person or more is needed.

so anyways just wanted to share

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
people overkill protein. It should be 1g per 1lb or 1.5g per 1lb for cutting. I intake actually more during cutting vs. bulking.

everyone likes to overkill protein.

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
people overkill protein. It should be 1g per 1lb or 1.5g per 1lb for cutting. I intake actually more during cutting vs. bulking.

everyone likes to overkill protein.
You also have to remember that AAS greatly effect protein turnover rates.

PumpingIron

Awards
  • Established
A few things...I didn't see an 'interview' take place...but good monologues from each side.

I like the approach both took and the overall tone of the peice, but how is Layne Norton a natural pro? He looks pretty average to me...

Just an observation though, I don't mean to put the guy down, because he defintely seems like a great person and very intelligent.

tattoopierced1

Layne is a pretty big guy. He is one of my good friends. I think he is taking a few years off to put on some more mass before he does his first pro show.

xjsynx

xjsynx

Awards
A few things...I didn't see an 'interview' take place...but good monologues from each side.

I like the approach both took and the overall tone of the peice, but how is Layne Norton a natural pro? He looks pretty average to me...

Just an observation though, I don't mean to put the guy down, because he defintely seems like a great person and very intelligent.
I make a comment like this and peole want to fight :lol:

PumpingIron

Awards
  • Established
I make a comment like this and peole want to fight :lol:
Hahah...I'm just cooler than you.

...I've never spoken with him and was only going by that video, but maybe the difference between an IFBB and whichever Natural Pro card he has is a bigger disparity than i thought.

nycste

nycste

Awards
  • Established
Layne is a pretty big guy. He is one of my good friends. I think he is taking a few years off to put on some more mass before he does his first pro show.
hes taking 3 years off and in some of the interviews hes 1.5 years into those 3 years off.

just fyi.

xjsynx

xjsynx

Awards
Hahah...I'm just cooler than you.

...I've never spoken with him and was only going by that video, but maybe the difference between an IFBB and whichever Natural Pro card he has is a bigger disparity than i thought.
:thumbsup:

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established

I think the word "Natural" is an important thing to keep in mind. He's still a pretty big guy, and it's sometimes hard to distinguish how built a person is without another person there from which to guage.

PumpingIron

Awards
  • Established
I was waiting for someone to refer to the word natural...:D

But even so, he honestly looks 6'1~2 and around 200lbs

I mean he does look strong, works with decent form and is in great shape, but...

...ahhh, i digress, I have no place to talk like that about the guy.

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
just watched a bunch of non sponsored i think videos of layne norton and really enjoyed them. talking about some guy nick too how they go against each other or something its interesting.

i dont know their size but both guys appear to only get 250g protein daily whereas i think many of us assume 400 for a normal 200lb person or more is needed.

so anyways just wanted to share
In one of Cutlers vids (I think "A Cut Above") he said he was getting like 350g protein or something like that.

I'm not convinced of the 400g pro/day thing for us mere mortals. I"ve done it, and I've been a lazy ass and gotten like 180-250/day, and I'm not sure the gains were much different for me. I think the biggy was the carb/fat/veggies/fruits, pretty much everything but the protein.

Meh, w/e. I hardly train, wtf do I care anyway.

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I was waiting for someone to refer to the word natural...:D

But even so, he honestly looks 6'1~2 and around 200lbs

I mean he does look strong, works with decent form and is in great shape, but...

...ahhh, i digress, I have no place to talk like that about the guy.
This is coming from me (a person who's competed natural and unnatural): One of them does not hold a candle to the other.

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I enjoy PA's interviews. He seems like a much nicer and approachable guy compared to my experiences on the forums.