xjsynx

Awards

Last edited:
xjsynx

xjsynx

Awards
As I Lay Dying (AILD)

MySpace/asilaydying

I figured I would start off with this band, because they are probably in my top 5, plus the have a new release 8/21/07. They are probably one of the more recongnized Metal-core bands around thanks to siging to Metal Blade records, and Headbanger's Ball IMO

wiki:As I Lay Dying are a Christian metalcore band. They are currently signed to Metal Blade Records. The band's members have stated there is no correlation between the band's name and the novel of the same name by William Faulkner. The band recently won the "Ultimate Metal God" award from MTV2 at the first annual "All That Rocks" special.

History

As I Lay Dying were formed in 2001 by vocalist Tim Lambesis after leaving the band Society's Finest where he was playing guitar. The San Diego band first took shape as a trio, with guitarist Evan White and drummer Jordan Mancino completing the lineup. They soon signed with Pluto Records and one month into the bands career, the group went into a recording studio to record their first album Beneath the Encasing of Ashes, released in June of 2001. In 2002, the band recorded five additional songs along with another San Diego heavy metal band, "American Tragedy", to record a split CD which was on Pluto Records, the same label that released the bands debut album Beneath the Encasing of Ashes

After extensive touring and an increase in popularity, As I Lay Dying signed with "Metal Blade Records" in March of 2003. In July, 2003 the band's second full-length album, Frail Words Collapse, produced by Tim Lambesis, was released and with extensive touring with the likes of Himsa, Shadows Fall, The Black Dahlia Murder, Killswitch Engage, In Flames, Hatebreed and other popular heavy metal bands followed. Their videos for the songs of, "94 Hours" and "Forever" got heavy rotation on the networks of FUSE and MTV2's Headbanger's Ball. The band was also the No. 1 most-downloaded spot at the now-defunct MP3.com

In the beginning of January 2005, As I Lay Dying entered Big Fish Studio in Encinitas, California (the same place they’d recorded Frail Words Collapse). In June of 2005, the band released their third full-length CD Shadows Are Security and they went on yet another massive tour to support the album, including a prominent slot at the annual Cornerstone Festival and the second stage of Ozzfest 2005 alongside Rob Zombie, Killswitch Engage, Mastodon, The Haunted, Arch Enemy, Trivium, The Black Dahlia Murder, Bury Your Dead, It Dies Today, and Soilwork. They said they were blessed to do this because they want to shed light on one of the darkest places and concerts.

In May of 2006 both Beneath the Encasing of Ashes and the songs from their first and so far only split album (with the heavy metal band American Tragedy as the second band on the split album) were re-released through Metal Blade Records on one CD. The album contains the original and re-recordings of the songs from the split album. The CD was released because the band preferred to re-release it rather than have fans pay large sums of money to hear their early records. The band notably raised its profile in 2006 to that of a band on the verge of commercial success through their support slot on the Taste of Chaos tour in the US alongside bands such as Deftones, Thrice, Dredg, Funeral for a Friend and Story of the Year.

In the summer of 2006 As I Lay Dying closed the Sounds of the Underground Festival. The tour included In Flames, Cannibal Corpse, Trivium, Gwar, Evergreen Terrace, Chimaira, Unearth, The Black Dahlia Murder, The Chariot, It Dies Today, Still Remains, and Terror as supporting acts.

Bassist Clint Norris left the band on good terms during the winter of 2006, with the desire to focus on his marriage.

In the beginning of 2007, As I Lay Dying started recording a new album originally thought to be titled "Evolution", but is now entitled "An Ocean Between Us". The album is set to be released on Aug 21, 2007.

The band are performing on the Warped Tour 2007 during the month of August.

Current members
* Tim Lambesis - Vocals (2001-present)
* Jordan Mancino - Drums (2001-present)
* Phil Sgrosso - Guitar (2003-present)
* Nick Hipa - Guitar (2004-present)
* Josh Gilbert - Bass, vocals (2007-present)

Former members
* Noah Chase - Bass (2001)
* Aaron Kennedy - Bass (2001-2003)
* Evan White - Guitar (2001-2003)
* Jasun Krebs - Guitar (2003)
* Clint Norris - Bass, live vocals (2003-2006)

Beneath The Encasing Of Ashes
Catalog #: PLU007
Release: 06/12/01
Format: CD
Track Listing:
01. Beneath The Encasing Of Ashes
02. Torn Within
03. Forced To Die
04. A Breath In The Eyes Of Eternity
05. Blood Turned To Tears
06. The Voices That Betray Me
07. When This World Fades
08. A Long March
09. Surrounded
10. Refined By Your Embrace
11. The Innocence Spilled
12. Behind Me Lies Another Fallen Soldier

As I Lay Dying / American Tragedy
As I Lay Dying/American Tragedy Split CD
Catalog #: PLU012
Release: 06/18/02
Track Listing:
01. (AILD) Illusion
02. (AILD) The Beginning
03. (AILD) Reinvention
04. (AILD) The Pain Of Separation
05. (AILD) Forever
06. (AT) -
07. (AT) Choking On A Dream
08. (AT) World Intruded
09. (AT) Spite And Splinter
10. (AT) Porcelain Angels
11. (AT) Moments And In Between

"FRAIL WORDS COLLAPSE"
Released: 07.01.2003
TRACKLIST
1 94 Hours

2 Falling Upon Deaf Ears
3 Forever

4 Collision
5 Distance Is Darkness
6 Behind Me Lies Another Fallen Soldier
7 Undefined
8 A Thousand Steps
9 The Beginning
10 Song 10
11 The Pain Of Separation
12 Elegy

"SHADOWS ARE SECURITY"
Released: 06.14.2005
TRACKLIST
1 Meaning In Tragedy
2 Confined

3 Losing Sight
4 The Darkest Nights

5 Empty Hearts
6 Reflection
7 Repeating Yesterday
8 Through Struggle

9 The Truth Of My Perception
10 Control Is Dead
11 Morning Waits
12 Illusions

"AN OCEAN BETWEEN US"
Released: 08.21.2007
TRACKLIST
1 Separation
2 Nothing Left

3 An Ocean Between Us
4 Within Destruction
5 Forsaken
6 Comfort Betrays
7 I Never Wanted
8 Bury Us All
9 The Sound of Truth
10 Departed
11 Wrath Upon Ourselves
12 This is Who We Are

Last edited:
xjsynx

xjsynx

Awards
Thick as Blood

Pretty brutal SXE band with heavy breakdowns...

Myspace/xthickasbloodx

'Formed in May 2004, THICK AS BLOOD began as seven members forging ahead with a new band that will continue the tradition of South Florida Straight Edge. Harrowing vocals coupled with pummeling breakdowns will leave the listener longing for more. Their convictions infused with influences from today's heavy hitters such as HATEBREED, TERROR, and SWORN ENEMY will make sure they are a staple in today's hardcore scene.

Since their inception, THICK AS BLOOD has been making waves not only at home, but on their lengthy tours across the East Coast. They have shared the stage with the likes of EVERGREEN TERRACE, UNTIL THE END, HOODS, and many more. THICK AS BLOOD has one goal in mind, and that is to get their music out to as many people as possible, while trying to be the best at what they do.

In 2007, the seven piece will be releasing their debut full length for Eulogy Recordings. Their posterity not only holds new material and extensive tour dates across the U.S., but a drive and will to push towards the top. One thing is certain, the future is bright for THICK AS BLOOD."' -eulogyrecordings.com

Moment Of Truth

TRACK LISTING:
1. New Bloods
2. Lead The Victory
3. Hold Fast
4. Moment Of Truth
5. Dead To Me
6. Hopeless
7. Abolitionist
8. Officer Rodriguez
9. Day After Day
10. 2005

xjsynx

xjsynx

Awards
Too Pure To Die

Myspace/toopuretodie
Staying with the brutal SXE theme.

Wow looks like Too Pure To Die signed with Trustkill. Hope this is a good sign that Trustkill is going back to teh Heavy, and not Too Pure going the way of Throwdown....But they have a new vocalist, so we will see.

Aug 29, 2007
Trustkill Records has announced the signing of Too Pure To Die to our family of artists. The Des Moines based band has been building up momentum over the past few years including their full-length release Confidence And Consequence (Sumerian Records, 2006). The band has also been touring non-stop over the past year with full U.S. and Canadian runs alongside such bands at August Burns Red, Misery Signals, Sworn Enemy, Caliban, Kataklysm and The Acacia Strain. They are about to start another full U.S. run with All That Remains this Sept running through October. Since the band released Confidence And Consequence they have added Paul Zurlo (previously of Beyond All Reason) on vocals. The band is rounded out by Jordan Peterson (guitar) Chris Towning (bass), Zach Johnson (guitar) and Kyle Rossi (drums).

Speaking on the signing to Trustkill, Peterson proclaims “When I started this band one of my original goals was to be on Trustkill, I don’t think we could make a better move than by joining forces.” Trustkill President, Josh Grabelle echoes the sentiments by saying “There are some bands that get together and expect the world handed to them on a silver platter. Not Too Pure To Die. These guys get out there and DO what other bands TALK about doing, they're running circles around most bands. I went and saw them play live with new singer Paul and was floored, they killed it. We are super excited to see what the future holds for TPTD!" Currently the band is holed up in the recording studio working on re-recording Confidence And Consequence with new vocals from Paul and a previously unreleased track. The label aims to release the new version at the end of November. Too Pure To Die are also working on new material for their next album to surface in Summer 2008.

We Are A Weapon
State Of The Art Recordings
SOAR02 - Aug 31, 2004

TRACK LISTING:
1. For Me This Is Life

2. X Up
3. Fight To Win
4. We Are A Weapon
5. This Ends Tonight
6. First To Fall
7. The Stand
8. Calloused
9. Our Struggle
10. The Last Time

Confidence And Consequence
Sumerian Records
SUMR002 - Nov 21, 2006

TRACK LISTING:
1. Confidence And Consequence
2. Bad Luck
3. Blame No One
4. It Won't Hurt
5. Dead To Me
6. All In A Day
7. 99
8. Reflections
9. The Best Coincidence
10. Our Only Chance

UPCOMING RELEASE • “Confidence And Consequence” CD Nov 20, 2007

The newest stars from Iowa will breathe new life into their debut album "Confidence And Consequence" with new vocals from Paul Zurlo, a new mix, and mastering! Also added is a brand new bonus song, so stay tuned!

There was an overwhelming feeling that more people needed to hear this great record. This time, the band entered the studio with Matt Sepanic and Andreas Magnussen behind the board to bring some new life to the record—this result BIGGER and BETTER.

Last edited:
RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
Ah yeah. Their new album "Infiltrate The System" is in stores 8.21

They have two tracks off that album on their Myspace
Word they got a new album, that's cool.
I stopped paying attention a few years ago, but I still listen to all their older cds.

My favorite is probably Demonstrating my style ... lots of memories with that one.

xjsynx

xjsynx

Awards
Madball

Old School NYHC at it's finest.

Myspace/madball

wiki: Madball is a New York band that originated back in the late 1980s, as a side-project of the legendary NYHC outfit Agnostic Front (Where AF's front man Roger Miret would let his younger brother Freddy "Madball" Cricien take the microphone on lead vocals during AF shows).

After releasing the Ball of Destruction single in 1989, the buzz around the streets was the question of when was Madball going to play next gave birth to an early version of the band playing live on other bills then just AF shows. It wasn't until 1991 when Madball truly hit their stride, when the lineup of Freddy Cricien on vocals, guitarists Matt Henderson and Vinnie Stigma, drummer Will Shepler, and bassist Hoya Roc of Dmize joined forces. The new version of the band (not just all AF members) quickly recorded and released an EP called [[Droppin' Many Suckas]] in 1992, which eventually led to the band signing with Roadrunner Records in 1994. After releasing a pair of well-received full-lengths (1994's Set It Off and 1996's Demonstrating My Style) and touring steadily, the band built a sizeable fan base outside their hometown.

1995 saw the band participating in the N.Y.H.C. Documentary. Extensive interviews were conducted with Freddy as well as a performance on July 29th, 1995 at the now defunct "Coney Island High". Freddy's brother, Roger, broke several vertebrae in his back at that show, requiring him to be in traction for the better part of a year.

Consisting of Cricien, Henderson, Hoya, and new drummer John Lafatta, the band recorded Look My Way, which was released in the spring of 1998. Hold It Down followed two years later. For the past three years Madball has come out with a CD evey year: Best of Madball in 2003, N.Y.H.C. (EP) in 2004, & what many consider their finest album yet, Legacy in 2005.

Madball is still heavily promoting their latest release "Legacy" on Ferret Records with tour dates all around the world. Along with bands such as Agnostic Front, Vietnom, Bulldoze, Resistance and H2O, they comprise a part of New York's DMS Crew. Vocalist Cricien and bass player Hoya are also in the band Hazen Street, along with members of H2O, Cro-Mags, Angels and Airwaves, and Box Car Racer.

The band announced on their official MySpace page that they will release a new album by fall of 2007; there is also a DVD release planned in the near future.

Members
* Freddy "Madball" Cricien- Vocals
* Hoya Roc - Bass
* Mitts - Guitar
* Rigg Ross - Drums

Past members
* Vinnie Stigma - Guitar (Agnostic Front)
* Matt Henderson - Guitar (Agnostic Front)
* Beto (Rob Rosario) - Guitar (Dmize, 25 Ta Life)
* Will Shepler - Drums (Agnostic Front)
* John Lafata - Drums (Mind Over Matter, Neglect, Sheer Terror)
* Darren Morgenthaler - Drums (Maximum Penalty)

BALLS OF DESTRUCTION
(Century Media 1989)
01. Smell the Bacon (What's With You?)
02. Discriminate Me
03. We Should Care
04. Colossal Man
05. Get Out Listen
06. Last Warning
07. Fight Listen
08. It's My Life
09. Smell the Bacon (What's With You?)
10. Spit on Your Grave
11. Discriminate Me
12. Never Had It
13. Ready to Fight
14. Get Out
15. Across Your Face
16. We Should Care
17. No Return
18. Step to You
19. Friend or Foe
20. It's My Life

SET IT OFF
(Roadrunner Records 1994)
01. Set It Off

02. Lockdown
03. New York City
04. Never Had It
05. It's Time
06. C.T.Y.C. (R.I.P.)
07. Across Your Face
08. Down by Law

09. Spit on Your Grave
10. Face to Face
11. Smell the Bacon (What's With You?)
12. Get Out Listen
13. World Is Mine

DEMONSTRATING MY STYLE
(Roadrunner Records 1996)
01. Demonstrating my Life
02. Unity
03. Live Or Die
04. Pride (Times Are Changing)

05. Streets Of Hate
06. Back Of The bus
07. Hardcore Still Lives!
08. Nuestra Familia
09. 5-0
10. Addict
11. True To The Game
12. Godfather
13. In Memory Of...
14. Ball Of Destruction

LOOK MY WAY
(Roadrunner Records 1998)
01. Look My Way

02. Moment Of Truth
03. Cut Off
04. Temptation Or Restraint
05. Waste Of Time
06. False Threats
n 07. Pushin' Me
08. Walk Away
09. Our Family
10. Lesson Of Life
11. All I Can Take
12. Been There, Done That

HOLD IT DOWN
(Epitaph Records 2000)
01. Intro
02. Can't Stop, Won't Stop
03. Hold It Down
04. Fall This Time
05. Everyday Hate
06. Done...
07. Say What?
08. D.I.F.M.M.
09. Show No Fear
10. Never Look Back
11. Still Searching
12. Confessions
13. Thinking to Myself
14. Semper Fi

BEST OF MADBALL
(Roadrunner Records 2002)
01. Set It Off
02. New York City
03. It's Time
04. Across Your Face
05. Down by Law
06. Smell the Bacon (What's With You?)
07. Get Out
08. Friend or Foe
09. Demonstrating My Style
10. Unity
11. Live or Die
12. Pride (Times Are Changing)
13. Hardcore Still Lives!
14. Nuestra Familia
15. Ball of Destruction
16. Look My Way
17. Moment of Truth
18. Waste of Time
19. Been There, Done That
20. Talkin' to Myself

NYHC (EP)
(Thorp Records 2002)
01. For My Enemies
02. Tight Rope
03. My Rage
04. Para Mi Gente

LEGACY
(Ferret Music 2005)
01. Adapt And Overcome
02. Heavenhell

03. Behind These Walls
04. Legacy
05. Timebomb
06. Darkest Days
07. The Crown
08. War And Hate
09. Until Then
10. Final Round
11. Pretty Dirty
12. For My Enemies
13. 100%
14. Hardcore Pride
15. H.C. United
16. Worldwide

Infiltrate The System
Ferret Records
FRT83 - Aug 21, 2007
TRACK LISTING:
1. Justify
2. Infiltrate The System
3. Revolt
4. No Escape
5. Takeover
6. Renegades
7. Set Me Free
8. The Messenger
9. Liberty Or Death
10. A Novelty
11. You're Gone
12. P.Y.I.T.F. Part 3
13. Stand Up NY

xjsynx

xjsynx

Awards
The Handshake Murders

The Handshake Murders tear it up. Remind me a lot of Coalesce. The band is made up of members of Norma Jean & Spitfire.

MySpace/thehandshakemurders

Found a few live tracks, but audio is pretty crappy

The music of defeat, of mud and ash, THE HANDSHAKE MURDERS, this is what we are. We are thread and flesh clinging to processed bodies and encompassing desire. We are nowhere. We are Arkansas. We are the singular erratic formation of five years and competence, a journey of crippling respiration and dispersing cries of hope. We are a juggernaut splintering the future. We are human, and we are increase.

Essays on the Progression of Man: What Time and Earth Would Not Bury
Southern Death Records
SOUDR01 - Aug 30, 2005
TRACK LISTING:
1. The Victim
2. The Damned
3. The Beast
4. The Blind

Usurper
Goodfellow Records
GF44 - Mar 6, 2007
TRACK LISTING:
1. Into The Mouth Of Fear/Dissector
2. Bloodline
3. Painted Contortionist
4. A New Enemy
5. Error
6. Mind Bender
7. How To Kill
8. The New Human
9. Apostate
10. Myopia
11. Of Cult And Atrophy

xjsynx

xjsynx

Awards
Misery Signals

MySpace/miserysignals

wiki:Misery Signals is a melodic technical hardcore band formed in Wisconsin in 2002. The sound of their music is defined by bright melodies backed up by odd time signatures, heavy riffs and breakdowns. They are known in the metalcore scene for their musicianship and energetic live shows.

Misery Signals was formed after the break-ups of several bands, those bands being 7 Angels 7 Plagues, Hamartia and Compromise. Having played temporarily with 7 Angels 7 Plagues, former Compromise vocalist Jesse Zaraska was approached by Ryan Morgan and Kyle Johnson for a new project, which would become Misery Signals. Jeff Aust from Hamartia at that point filled out the lineup on second guitar, and Ryan Morgan's brother Branden took the drums. Aust soon left the band and has since gone on to join With Honor, he was replaced by Stu Ross - a friend of Jesse Zaraska's from Edmonton, Canada.

The band eventually signed to New Jersey's Ferret Records, releasing their first full-length, Of Malice and the Magnum Heart. After extensive touring, Zaraska decided to leave the band to focus on a smaller, less aggressive project named Sleeping Girl, at which point the rest of the band decided to put up an instrumental song on their MySpace page, encouraging anyone who wanted to take over the spot of vocalist to record their own voice over the instrumental and e-mail it to the band. This was the way they found new vocalist Karl Schubach, with whom they recorded their next album, Mirrors.

s/t
State Of The Art Recordings
SOAR01 - Feb 11, 2003
Track listing
1. The Year Summer Ended in June
2. Lie Captive
3. Like Yesterday
4. Dream Atlantic
5. Echoes I: Mark The Path
6. Echoes II: Blessing Or Curse

Of Malice And The Magnum Heart
Ferret Records
FRT45 - Jun 1, 2004
TRACK LISTING:
1. A Victim, A Target
2. In Response To Stars
3. The Year Summer Ended In June

4. In Summary Of What I Am
5. The Stinging Rain
6. Worlds & Dreams
7. Murder
8. On Account Of An Absence
9. Five Years
10. Difference Of Vengence And Wrongs

Mirrors
Ferret Records
FRT70 - Aug 22, 2006
TRACK LISTING:
1. Face Yourself
2. The Failsafe

3. Post Collapse
4. Migrate
5. One Day I'll Stay Home
6. Something Was Always Missing, But It Was Never You
7. Reverence Lost
8. Sword Of Eyes
9. An Offering To The Insatiable Sons Of God (Butcher)
10. Anchor
11. Mirrors

xjsynx

xjsynx

Awards
The Acacia Strain are bad ass...I also dig The Devil Wears Prada. I pre-ordered Plaques along with AILD, Madball, & Full Blown Chaos...

Estella sound pretty solid as well, but I don't recall hearing them before. I will have to check out Carthage, because Foreknown is pretty solid...

xjsynx

xjsynx

Awards
The Destiny Project fka dESTINY

A pretty solid German band that is heavy and melodic. They have a new release in September, just hoping to get a copy stateside.

MySpace/destiny

Biography:
In the end of 1997 five young kids decided to start a band called DESTINY. The next four years were used to get experiences in writing songs, playing shows, touring foreign countries and recording demos. Some of the recorded songs took place in several compilations. There were also a lot of line-up changes in that time, so that the current line-up wasn´t found until may 2001. In the following summer DESTINY went on their first european tour for nearly five weeks, through which they got a lot more attention in europe.
Back home, the band started recording their first full-length DIVING INTO ETERNITY, which came out in January 2002 on Beniihana Records. The next few months were used for promoting the album by playing a lot of shows.
In June 2002 the band went into the studio again to record 2 brandnew songs and to become more professional in refer to the work in a studio.

In August 2002 DESTINY got signed with Lifeforce Records. Because of the fact that their debut album was sold out in Fall 2002, the band decided to do a totally remastered and new designed rerelease of DIVING INTO ETERNITY inculding two brand new bonus tracks, which came out in September 2003 on Beniihana Records.

In August 2003 DESTINY went into the Ant Farm Studio in Denmark to record their first Lifeforce album which has been released in March 2004.

Diving Into Eternity
Beniihana Records
special repress edition sold out
released September 2003
Original release January 2002
01. Diving Into Eternity
02. Like A Feather In The Lullaby
03. Sun Rises First
04. My Day In Your Summer
05. The Admiration Of Sadness
06. An Ardent Wish
07. Inner Virtue
08. Spring In Winter
09. Scenic Road
10. Reinventing The Feeling I Almost Unlearned To Feel
*11. Portrait For You: Lost And Dissolved In Tears
*12. Killing Words For A Naive Heart
*Special Edition Bonus Track

The Tracy Chapter
Lifeforce Records
LFR042 - Apr 20, 2004
TRACK LISTING:
1. Forsaken Love
2. Your Diary
3. Passing Moments

4. Skies Dressed In Black
5. Love Is My Death
6. Revival Of April
7. Naunyn Street
8. To Embrace Beauty
9. Reyes
10. The Admiration Of Sadness
11. Tibi - Omnia Quae Sum
12. Kiss Us Goodbye

Project Hoax
Label: Nuclear Blast
coming 09/21/07
01. The Personal Revolution
02. Project Hoax

03. Welcome Overboard
04. The Appeal
05. Daeva
06. Escape The Living Plan
07. Rebel Press
08. Walk In Step With The March Of History
09. The Frequency
10. Neurosis And Projection
11. With A Modern Punk Flavor
12. Mithra

Last edited:
liftitbig85

liftitbig85

Awards
  • Established
i think from atumn to ashes is pretty bad ass

liftitbig85

liftitbig85

Awards
  • Established
funeral for a friend..more screamo/emo ish but bad ass

xjsynx

xjsynx

Awards
sheesh..no love for bleeding through?
Much love for Bleeding Through. I cross my fingers as I say this, but Brandon and the crew are the only ones staying to true to their HXC roots from the OC crew.

I am not all that suprised to see what happened to EighteenVisions, but now Throwdown? Their new stuff is crap...

xjsynx

xjsynx

Awards
Throwdown

Another SXE band: When I first heard Throwdown, I was hooked. The breakdowns were brutal...Then a new singer took over, and they just weren't the same...

They came to Denver twice when I listend to them. One time my buddy was putting on the show, but they had van problems and didn't get into town until late and everybody had left. The 2nd time I got to see them preform in a junk yard with Bleeding Through and 18V.

This is a pretty accurate description of their style: "a mix between Hatebreed and Disciple. Metallic hc with totally brutal crunching mosh parts ala Hatebreed combined with the hard, scathing vocal fury of Disciple. Good mix of brutal mosh & metal combined with fast & old school parts."

wiki:
History

Part 1: The Classic Throwdown (1997-2002)
Keith, the original vocalist formed the band with and Javier Van Huss. Former Eighteen Visions guitarist and current Bleeding Through vocalist Brandan Schieppati was also a member of the group early on, though not an original member. Schiepettati replaced Eighteen Visions bassist Javier Van Huss shortly before the band recorded their demo and Throwdown for Prime Directive Records.

Part 2: The New Throwdown (2002-Present)
In 2002, then-second guitarist Dave Peters offered to do vocals when Barney was unable to finish up full sets from exhaustion. Some people say that this when the band changed into the "new" Throwdown. On technicality there are currently no original members in Throwdown anymore, however people who consider the Peters-fronted Throwdown a different band are okay with this, because Peters has never left his spot as vocalist since he volunteered the position.

The Get Siiiick Throwdown

TRACK LISTING:
1. Sellout
2. The Enemy
3. As We Choke
4. Decay

Beyond Repair
Indecision Records
TRACK LISTING:
1. No One
2. Falling Forward
3. Don't Lose Sight
4. Slip
5. Power Figure
6. Standing Tall
7. Sellout
8. Never Too Old
9. The Enemy
10. Laid To Rest
11. I Will Stand
12. As We Choke
13. Get Sick

Drive Me Dead
Indecision Records
IND26
TRACK LISTING:
1. Raise Your Fist

2. Sinner
3. Break That Last Glass
4. Step It Up
5. Sincere* Cd Only

You Don't Have To Be Blood To Be Family
Indecision Records
TRACK LISTING:
1. Unite
2. Trust
3. Family
4. Accept The Change
5. The Perfect Story
6. Together Rising
7. Program
8. Lost In Time
9. No More Hate
10. Too Little, Too Late
11. The Edge Is Strong

Face the Mirror
1. Face The Mirror
2. Live Life. No Rules
3. Into Me
4. Nothing Left
5. Baby Got Back

_________Downhill from here:__________

Trustkill Records
TK43 - Jul 22, 2003
TRACK LISTING:
1. Intro (Never Back Down)
2. Walk Away
3. Nothing Left
4. You Can't Kill Integrity
5. Forever

6. Hopeless
7. Declare Your War
8. False Idols
9. Slip
10. Hate For The Weak
11. The Only Thing
12. Step It Up
13. Face The Mirror
14. Raise Your Fist

Vendetta
Trustkill Records
TK63 - Jun 28, 2005
TRACK LISTING:
1. We Will Rise
2. Speak The Truth
3. Vendetta
4. Burn

5. Discipline
6. To Live Is To Sacrifice
7. Give My Life
8. The World Behind
9. Shut You Down
10. Annihilation (N.W.D.)
11. This Is Where It Ends

Venom & Tears
Trustkill Records
TK94 - Aug 7, 2007
TRACK LISTING:
1. Holy Roller
2. Day Of The Dog
3. S.C.U.M.
4. Americana
5. Weight Of The World
6. Cancer
7. Hellbent (On War)
8. No Love
9. Venom & Tears
10. I'll Never Die A Poisoned Death
11. I, Suicide
12. Godspeed

Last edited:
xjsynx

xjsynx

Awards
i think from atumn to ashes is pretty bad ass

funeral for a friend..more screamo/emo ish but bad ass
From Autumn to Ashes demo on Tribunal Records, which is a great label BTW, anywho"Sin, Sorrow and Sadness" My favorite stuff by them. The CD came in a plastic sleeve :head:

I like two songs that I know of from Funeral For a Friend: "Red Is the New Black" is a bad ass song IMO

methusaleh

methusaleh

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Wow, one of the topics I could probably discuss for years on end and never get bored! Hmm off the top of my head what do I want to share...

Personally I grew up with the old Boston and NYC scenes. I look back in awe because friends of mine were in bands that went on to become legendary, mainly Slapshot and Overcast. I saw the last Youth of Today show, I saw several of the last Shelter shows, I never got to see Judge live but I love them to this day (still own and wear several of their shirts). I knew Dave Smalley from DYS, he owned a building a friend of mine lived in and he was heavily involved in local school art programs...very very nice guy. Had run-ins with many people back then who became legends over time and the memories are priceless. I remember buying the Judge "Chung King Can Suck It" record from a member of Inside Out, probably merely months before they became RATM. Choke from Slapshot now lives right near my parents and I ran into his wife when I was down there visiting for my birthday last weekend....weird how these things happen.

Haven't been into it much lately, I went on OzzFest 2005 with two of my close friends' bands (Shadows Fall and Killswitch Engage) and did some production work for them on some material for their DVDs. The last ten years or so I've been performing less and doing more production and technical work, sadly losing touch with my ability to enjoy a show or have time to be in the pit. I was in one of the later-to-be-legendary bands before they became well-known, don't bother asking which one because I won't discuss it until our reunion plans are solidified, but when we got together this past winter to discuss a reunion and releasing a whole album worth of material that never got out, I got a bad taste in my mouth because the guys seemed to mainly be in it for the money these days. I'd still be in it for the music only, I'd play and even tour for free, and I told them to call me back when they decide to do it for the sake of the music and the fans. That was in February and my phone hasn't rang from anyone in that band since then.

I think that's enough for now...I just love to reminisce...or however it's spelled...

Anyone else on here from the old Boston/CT/Providence/NY scene?

EDIT:

I forgot to ask...speaking of Madball, whom I forgot all about, does anyone remember Downset? Kind of like the west coast's answer to Madball, I always liked them better!

Oh and Trustkill Records...wow...almost anything they or Bridge 9 ever EVER put out has been incredible! Two of the best labels out there, picking up where Century Media left off when they got too black/death back in the late 90s...no offense to bands on CM, but I liked the label much better before they signed every single black metal band who asked...

xjsynx

xjsynx

Awards
My buddy loves old school HXC. I dig a lot of bands, and even more so now, but when I started listening to HXC was in the mid 90's to bands like Earth Crisis, Strife, Living Sacrifice, and a little band you might have heard of, Hatebreed.

But I know what you are saying though. I remember meeting and talking to Jamie Hatebreed whenever they came to Denver. And buy a few CD's he was pimping out of a box...They way HXC bands use to make money, and just enough to tour...

I listened to some Overcast, Aftershock, Red Tide, Fortydaysrain, etc, and some Kill Switch Engage, but I prefer the current singer's previous band, Blood Has Been Shed, who I got a chance to see when they came to Denver.

Their is a lot of great HXC bands to talk about, but the scene has changed. You still have bands that still play true to HXC form, but a lot are bands seem to be going main stream, and I think labels like Trustkill are leading the charge. Trustkill has released some great music over the past, but now a days it isn't been as great. Other than Terror who is playing HXC music? I dig Bleeding Through, but I just hope they don't follow the trend of the other Trustkill bands...Oh and my buddy stirred up some stuff with Trustkill by making some comments in a local zine about Walls of Jericho's female singer...

xjsynx

xjsynx

Awards
...as I was saying though, I don't care for Trustkill other than their early releases, that made a name for them. At least Bridge 9 still caters to the HXC scene.

xjsynx

xjsynx

Awards
xRAINx

XXX MOTHER F.CKER!!!!

With Keith back at vocals, it is remensent of Original Throwdown. Heavy beatdowns at 'vocals of fury' :head:

...Keith Barney recently put his Metalcore side project xRAINx back to life and added 2 new songs on its Myspace profile.

MySpace/xrainx
Two other tracks at PureVolume

Tracks
PureVolume

XXX
On My Own

MySpace
The Spin
It Takes Time

methusaleh

methusaleh

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Yeah come to think of it I don't think I have a Trustkill release that's less then 5 years old, like I said I have fallen out of enjoying the music lately. Sad to hear they aren't the label they used to be.

Yes I remember Hatebreed, do you remember Jasta 14? It was Jamie Jastrezemski's band before Hatebreed, I loved them, they were one of those bands I could count on to show up for any show no matter where it was or what the weather. Then I have this strange memory of Jamie promoting/producing/managing (I don't remember) a band called Channel...I have a red vinyl 7" somewhere....however time has slipped the memory away from me, I have no idea what Jamie had to do with Channel or why he gave me the record, all I know is that by the time I listened to it (it was awesome) and wanted to book them, the band had broken up. Maybe you know that piece of the puzzle.

Oh I could just sit here and think for hours about all kinds of crazy stuff...I really appreciate being able to just throw all this stuff out there.

May I ask where you heard about Overcast from? I am thinking you must have been right around me, I have a memory of the band I was in touring with Overcast and I think we were at the King's Head Inn in Virginia (which is the farthest we had ever toured, that's how I remember...but of course that was nothing for Overcast), and I remember both bands got that horrible silent treatment. The "unknown band syndrome" as my brother called it. Nobody knew who we were and we finished our sets, grabbed our money, and hit the road. Really awkward feeling, we even played PA and MD and stuff and had people know us. So that makes me think Overcast wasn't as widely-spread as I think they deserved to be.

xjsynx

xjsynx

Awards
Nah, I never Heard Jamie's previous band.

Most of the bands I heard was from my friend, or the fact I read the Very Distro mag front to back...Man I think that thing had 30+ releases per page.

Sometimes you look at the record label and you already know what they sound like. Other times I would just take chances...Thanks goodness for the Internet now...

You can actually hear a lot of bands before you pick up their release.

warnerve

Awards
  • Established
methusaleh, do you mind saying who in KSE and shadows fall you are friends with? just curious cause i am a huge kse fan, although i have to agree with xjsynx in that i like blood has been shed a little better.

another good one is dilinger escape plan, i have listened to a lot of them lately, a lot of all that remains too, although those two aren't really just hardcore

methusaleh

methusaleh

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
warnerve-- Mike from KSE and Brian from Shadows Fall, I grew up with them both in lovely central Massachusetts, they were in a band called Overcast which I believe was THE best hardcore/metal band in history, period! I just found their MySpace page so check it out if you want to hear some of the songs:

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=63075972

I used to run a record label that was going to do an Overcast record, then I got deployed with the Army. When Overcast broke up I was asked to be part of KSE (yes, there never was a name change contrary to popular belief) by Mike but I declined because the practice space was in the opposite direction of where I was going to school at the time (already an hour commute!). This can all be verified through Mike, I have no reason to make up stories. I spent many many long hours of my life devoted to the success of Overcast both live and in the studio, and I wished nothing but success upon KSE when Mike started the band.

PM me if you think you know me, I'd be absolutely ecstatic to network with people from the past. I'm sure this last post must narrow it down if you do know me....:thumbsup:

xjsynx

xjsynx

Awards
methusaleh, do you mind saying who in KSE and shadows fall you are friends with? just curious cause i am a huge kse fan, although i have to agree with xjsynx in that i like blood has been shed a little better.

another good one is dilinger escape plan, i have listened to a lot of them lately, a lot of all that remains too, although those two aren't really just hardcore
Those bands are hardcore, just different subgenres.

There are a lot of different HXC styles, but genrally what I classify HXC is HXC kids playing music. So somewhere down the line band or band memers are associated with the hxc scene.

All That Remains is fronted by the old Shadows Fall singer, which was started by ex-Overcast memebers, etc...

I am not big fan of DEP though; however, I might listen to it now and say not bad. Did you hear the cover EP they did? They covered a Justin Timberlake song. Good stuff. Something about HXC covers I love.

Evergreen Terrace does this a lot too.

TRACK LISTING:
1. Sponge - "Plow"
2. Tears For Fears - "Mad World"
3. Michael Sembello - "Maniac"
4. The Offspring - "The Kids Aren't Alright
5. Hum - "Stars"
6. U2 - "Sunday Bloody Sunday"
7. Operation Ivy - "Knowledge"
8. Smashing Pumpkins -" Zero"
9. NOFX - "Dying Degree"
10. "Brave Reality" (Evergreen Terrace original)(Poison "Every Rose Has Its Thorn") (Featuring a cover of Drowning Pool's "Bodies")(Spongebob Cover) – 6:26

They usually have covers on most of their albums. Like Heavy Number One...

One of my favorite covers though is by xThrowdownx and is Baby Gots Back.

xjsynx

xjsynx

Awards
Speaking of all these old bands remind me of Disembodied, Dead Guy, Kiss It Goodbye, Floor Punch, Shutdown, Brothers Keeper, etc...One band just triggers another for strange reasons sometimes...

xjsynx

xjsynx

Awards
Catherine

Catherine is a new No-Cal metalcore band on Rise Records, which are an upcoming label in the scene.

Catherine has had comparison from AILD, Atreyu, and Underoath.

MySpace/catherine

wiki:Catherine is a Metalcore band from Sacramento, California. They are currently signed to Rise Records. On December 23, 2006, the band officially announced that Bryan Lemasters was asked to leave Catherine. Their then merch guy Nick Bradwell stepped in. Catherine started writing their next album April 16, 2006 and it was released on August 7, 2007. They will be recording for 2 weeks in Portland Oregon then leaving for tour traveling the U.S. The band is looking forward to releasing this next album, an album that they feel will be a musical break through, combining their trade mark breakdown, intelligent guitar riffs with an occasional vocal harmony...along with the growls. Guitarists Jesse Alejandrez and Robert Tobin are a recognized young (18) local talent that has caused a stir in the music industry of their hometown. As of Thursday, July 12, 2007, bassist Paul Vicory was replaced by 17 year old Steve Barboza, formerly guitarist of fellow Sacramento band Tear Down December.

Rumor Has It: Astaroth Has Stolen Your Eyes
Rise Records
RISE043 - Aug 8, 2006
TRACK LISTING:
1. DCLXVI
2. Party On The Interstate
3. Convertible
4. LATNEMURTSNI
5. Is It Tomorrow Yet?
*not actual video, but great song with a great movie

6. The Beggar
7. Reach For The Sky
8. Evil Man, Dead Man

9. Tom The Overlord
10. Denigration Makes John Doe Angry

The Naturals
Rise Records
RISE050 - Jul 31, 2007
CD Promo
[myspace]13334618[/myspace]
TRACK LISTING:
1. First Take
2. The Naturals
3. Tailor
4. Light Brite
5. Dear Elizabeth
6. Fallacy
7. Though Art A Villain
8. Let's Pretend Like It's 1910
9. To Be Specific
10. Praise The Night Time

xjsynx

xjsynx

Awards
xDisciplex A.D.

xDisciplex later changing to xDisciplex A.D. is some hard hitting HXC from Erie, PA.

Fronted by Dave Quiggle, who is responsible for a lot of the art work in hardcore.

As far as I know xDisciplex is no longer together. Dave and other members went on to Jesus Wept who play more of a straight forward (old school) approach then the hard hitting in your face style of xDisciplex.

Other side projects of xDisciplex members include the band Shockwave.

Lantern
OG Release: 1996
Reissue: 1997
1. Baregrounds
2. Stillborn
3. Suffocate
4. Lantern
5. Scarred Hands
6. Held Accountable

1. Trial By Fire
2. Yahweh
3. Shoot Our Wounded
4. Scarab

Released:1998
Imitation Of Love
1. See Me Through
2. Set To Destroy
3. Candy Apple
4. Counterfeit
5. Heart Strings Broken
6. Refuge And Strength
7. Baregrounds
8. Eyewitness
9. Stronger
10. Final Sunset

Released:1999
GoodLife & GoodFellow Records
No Blood, No Alter Now
1. Pray Your Gods
2. So Send I You
3. River Of Life

4. Falling Down
5. Death Of Death
6. Armachristi
7. Two Faced

Triple Crown Records
Released: 2001
1. Revival
2. Told You So
3. Venomous
4. All Or Nothing
5. Christ Shaped Vacuum
6. Fight To The Death
7. Little Big Man
8. Open Heart Surgery
9. Age Of Reason
10. My Own Way
11. Trial By Fire

TRACK LISTING:
1. Two Faced
2. Age Of Reason
3. Eyewitness
4. Candy Apple
5. Heart Strings Broken
6. Trial By Fire
7. Yahweh
8. Shoot Our Wounded
9. Scarab
10. Deadwrong
11. Baregrounds
12. Stillborn
13. Suffocate
14. Lantern
15. Scarred Hands
16. Held Accountable
17. Vital Indecision
18. Baregrounds
*Eighteen tracks from the kings of Erie, Pennsylvania hardcore. Includes tracks from the "Scarab" 7", "Lantern" EP, various compilations, cover songs, and live material; plus a 16 page full color booklet with over 50 pictures and the full history of the band!

The Revelation
Triple Crown Records
TC041 - Mar 18, 2003
TRACK LISTING:
1. New Defiance
2. Swordpath
3. The Mission
4. Lick Your Wounds
5. Die Humanity
6. Sons Of Liberty
7. Break The Curse
8. God Save Me
9. New Life
10. Total Mobilization For Total War
11. The Revelation

Blood Feud
Facedown Records
FR032 - May 20, 2003
TRACK LISTING:
1. Blood Feud
2. Last Straw
3. One Voice For Counterrevolution
4. Unbeliever

Benediction
Angelskin Media
ASM03 - Jul 1, 2003
TRACK LISTING:
1. Blood Fued
2. One Voice For Counterrevolution
3. Unbeliever
4. Held Accountable
5. Respect Past Due
6. Pray Your Gods
7. So Send I You
8. River Of Life
9. Falling Down
10. Death Of Death
11. Armachristi
12. Two Faced
13. See Me Through
14. Set To Destroy
15. Candy Apple
16. Counterfiet
17. Refuge And Strength
18. Heart Strings Broken
19. Baregrounds
20. Eyewitness
21. Stronger
22. Final Sunset

methusaleh

methusaleh

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
xjysnx man you are putting me on music overload! I can't wait to sit down and listen to some of these bands you've shared with us here!

Brother's Keeper, wow I remember them!

Anyone remember:

Intent to Injure
Ten Yard Fight
Shift
Xessive ForceX
Mouthpiece
Side By Side
Momentum
Token Entry
Cornerstone

?

xjsynx

xjsynx

Awards
Yeah, this is why I started this thread. Didn't know if I would talking to myself though :toofunny:

There is not too many people I know who listen to HXC.

Good ol Youth Crew HXC

Ten Yard Fight was pretty solid, didn't listen too much to the other bands. I don't recall a few of them....

xjsynx

xjsynx

Awards
Parkway Drive

Parkway Drive are a metalcore band from down under that have a very heavy and brutal sound. As I recall they are part of the Aussie SXE sound in Australia.

After pulling some info on Parkway Drive they will have a new release in October, which sounds even tighter than before.

wiki:Parkway Drive are a metalcore band from Byron Bay, New South Wales, Australia. As of 2005, Parkway Drive has released an EP, entitled Don't Close Your Eyes, two split CDs, and a full-length album, Killing with a Smile.

History
Parkway Drive formed in the summer of 2003, and not long after, released a split EP with Adelaide I Killed The Prom Queen (Disbanded). Later that year, the band also made an appearance on the Byron Bay Hardcore compilation What We've Built, preceded by their debut EP, Don't Close Your Eyes.

In May 2005, the band headed to the USA to record their debut album with renowned metal producer, Killswitch Engage guitarist Adam Dutkiewicz (who is responsible for acclaimed releases from the likes of Unearth, Underoath, Killswitch Engage, and From Autumn To Ashes) at Zing Studio in Massachusetts.

Since the release of Don't Close Your Eyes, Parkway Drive have rapidly accumulated a loyal fanbase Australia-wide, courtesy of support slots for international acts including Hatebreed, In Flames, Chimaira, Shadows Fall, As I Lay Dying, Bleeding Through, Alexisonfire, and performances at Metal for the Brain 2005 and Australia's Hardcore 2005. They have built quite a strong reputation within the music industry, this led to their signing with Epitaph record labels.

In June 2006, the band was signed to Epitaph Records, which released Killing with a Smile in the United States during August of that year.

In late May 2006, second bass player Shaun Cash left the band for personal reasons with the full support of the rest of the members. The band soon found a replacement in their "merch guy" and long-time friend, Jia "Pipey" O'Connor. Now a permanent part of the line-up, he played with them for the rest of their first international tour in the UK and Europe, and later dates in the United States.

In October 2006, they were billed as the Australian contingent on the Rockstar Taste of Chaos tour, playing alongside Anti-Flag, Underoath, Thursday, Senses Fail, Taking Back Sunday and Saosin. As of November and December 2006 they are to appear at the Homebake Festival, Sound Fest, Resist Records' tour, Soundwave Festival and Gravity G Festival before returning to the UK and Europe.

On 3 March 2007, they played a new song, The Siren's Song, to a crowd at the venue Underworld in Camden, hinting that it may feature on a future album. A video of the band performing the song on their recent Japan tour can be found here: [1]

They have been added to the U.S. Vans Warped Tour so far they are the only Australian band at the punk fest.

Confirmation that the band are hitting the studio in May for recording a new release has been announced. Once again Adam Dutkiewicz of Killswitch Engage is said to be the producer of their 2nd album "Horizons".

It has been confirmed by the Kill Your Stereo eZine that the new album will be released on the 6th of October and will be called "Horizons". On the 15th of August 2007 Winston did an interview on Australia's Triple J Radio station in which he previewed a track off of the album 'Horizons'. The track is called 'Boneyards'. this track can also be heard on there myspace page

Members
Current
* Winston McCall - Vocals
* Ben Gordon - Drums
* Jeff Ling - Guitar
* Luke Kilpatrick - Guitar
* Jia "Pipey" O'Connor - Bass

Former
* Brett "Steegy" Versteeg - Bass
* Shaun Cash - Bass
* Tom Jagels - Guitar

2003 - Split EP with I Killed The Prom Queen
3. I Watched
4. Swallowing Razorblades

Resist Records
2003, Reissue 2006
1. ...
2. Smoke 'Em If Ya Got 'Em
3. Dead Dreams
4. Flesh, Bone and Weakness
5. The Cruise
6. You're Over
7. Looks Like Yoda
8. Don't Close Your Eyes

Killing With A Smile
Epitaph
EPI824 - Oct 10, 2006
TRACK LISTING:
1. Gimme A D

2. Anasasis (Xenophontis)
3. Pandora
4. Romance Is Dead
5. Guns For Show, Knives For A Pro
6. Blackout
7. Picture Perfect, Pathetic
8. It's Hard To Speak Without A Tongue

9. Mutiny
10. Smoke 'Em If Ya Got 'Em

11. A Cold Day In Hell

October 2007
01. Begin
02. The Sirens' Song
03. Feed Them To The Pigs
04. Carrion
05. Five Months
06. Boneyards
07. Idols And Anchors
08. Moments In Oblivion
09. Breaking Point
10. Dead Man's Chest
11. Frostbite
12. Horizons

xjsynx

xjsynx

Awards
Bury Your Dead

BYD started out on Eulogy records and now signed with Victory.

BYD plays Moshcore, which delivers heavy breakdowns for beatdowns in the pit....

wiki:Bury Your Dead (sometimes abbreviated to BYD) is a five-piece moshcore band that hails from Worcester, Massachusetts. They are currently playing with Suicide Silence on their headline "Don't Call It A Comeback Tour" and are scheduled to play New England Metal Fest 2007.

In January 2007, vocalist Mat Bruso left the band, wanting to focus on "more important things like going back to school to become a teacher"[1]. Soon after in March 2007, Michael Crafter, former vocalist for I Killed the Prom Queen and Carpathian, briefly took over vocal duties for part of the "Don't Call It A Comeback Tour"[2], only to leave during the tour to return to Australia due to homesickness[3]. And now, due to Crafter leaving while on tour, Bury Your Dead have quickly appointed Myke Terry of Cassius to perform vocals[3].

Howard Jones, vocalist of Killswitch Engage, manages Bury Your Dead.

Band Members
* Brendan "Slim" MacDonald (guitar)
* Eric Ellis (guitar)
* Aaron Patrick (bass)
* Mark Castillo (drums)
* Myke Terry (vocals)

Past members
* Michael Crafter (vocals)
* Mat Bruso (vocals)
* Joe Krewko (vocals)
* Mike Nunez (vocals)
* Jay Crowe (guitar)
* Rich Casey (bass)
* Chris Sansone (drums) - Now drums for The Breathing Process
* Dan O'Connor (guitar) - Now vocals/guitar in Four Year Strong
*Jesse Viens (guitar) (appeared on first demo, never played live)
*Mark Hundley (vocals) (appeared alongside Joe Krewko on first demo, never played live)

You Had Me At Hello
Eulogy Recordings
ER57 - May 24, 2005
TRACK LISTING:
1. Sunday's Best
2. Tuesday Night Fever
3. Dragged Out and Shot
4. So ****ing Blues
5. Burn Baby Burn
6. 33 RPM
7. Cammo Is My favorite Color
8. 69 Times a Charn
9. Ten Minutes Romance
10. Mosh n' Roll

Cover Your Tracks
Victory Records
VIC234 - Oct 19, 2003
TRACK LISTING:
1. Top Gun
2. Vanilla Sky
3. Mission: Impossible
4. Eyes Wide Shut
5. Magnolia [nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lrOW8saRmP8"]YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.[/nomedia]
6. The Outsiders
7. Mission: Impossible 2
8. The Color Of Money [nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5IDEYD1gBAg"]YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.[/nomedia]
9. Risky Business
10. Legend
11. All The Right Moves
12. Losin' It

Alive
Victory Records
VIC280 - Jul 19, 2005
TRACK LISTING:
1. Top Gun [nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=warD4-2JhYk"]YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.[/nomedia]
2. Vanilla Sky

3. Mission Impossible
4. Outsiders
5. Sunday's Best
6. Legend
7. The Color Of Money
8. 30 RPM
9. Eyes Wide Shut
10. Camo Is My Favorite Color
11. Magnolia
12. Losin' It

Beauty And The Breakdown

Victory Records
VIC300 - Jul 11, 2006
TRACK LISTING:
1. House Of Straw [nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l2PqSlg-gcQ"]YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.[/nomedia]
2. A Glass Slipper
3. The Poison Apple
4. Twelfth Stroke Of Midnight
5. Trail Of Crumbs
6. A Wishing Well
7. Let Down Your Hair
8. Mirror, Mirror...
9. Second Star To The Right
10. The Enchanted Rose
11. House Of Brick

*Videos in red because Victory doesn't allow videos to be embedded.

xjsynx

xjsynx

Awards
I Killed the Prom Queen

Another down under SXE band, but their inability to keep a vocalist leaves IKTPQ broken up...

Corny name, but the music is heavy and in your face.

wiki:I Killed the Prom Queen was a Metalcore band from Adelaide, South Australia.

The band toured in the USA with Caliban, Evergreen Terrace, It Dies Today and Lamb Of God along with Silverstein and Bleeding Through. I Killed The Prom Queen's most recent, and last, record, Music for The Recently Deceased (released July 31, 2006), was produced by Swedish producer Fredrik Nordstrom, who former credits include Dimmu Borgir, Darkest Hour, At the Gates and In Flames. The record is a display of Australian metal/metalcore, merging with the so-called "Gothenburg sound". Blunt Magazine's reviewer James Cotterell gave the record 10/10.

In 2006, vocalist Michael Crafter and Guitarist Morgan Wright left the band, to go on to join Carpathian, and then in Michael Crafter's case US band Bury Your Dead. His final recording with IKTPQ was the "Your Past Comes Back To Haunt You" EP. Although he and Morgan had recorded the vocals and in Morgan's case written the music for Music For The Recently Deceased, it was decided that the vocal contributions would be taken off the unreleased album and were replaced by those of a new vocalist. Ed Butcher from British band The Hunt For Ida Wave was recruited and added his own lyrics. After this the band took on a slightly different sound.

On January 31, 2007 Butcher flew back to his home town in the UK. In a statement released later by the band it was announced that he was suffering from a severe case of homesickness, and that he was to be no longer a part of the group. Ed has since joined UK metal band, Eternal Lord.

Tyrone from Mourning Tide temporarily filled the vocalist position during Japanese tour dates, and Colin Jeffs (of Bendigo band Heavens Lost) Filled In On The European Tour With British Band Bring Me The Horizon. However, on April 7, 2007 I Killed the Prom Queen announced their break up, citing both an inability to find a new vocalist and guitarist Jona Weinhofen's departure for Orange County metalcore band Bleeding Through. A final Australian tour has been promised. Fans are hoping that for the last Australian tour former vocalist Michael Crafter will be on vocals[this source's reliability may need verification], but this has yet to be announced.

Past members
* Jona Weinhofen - Guitar (part of final line-up)
* Kevin Cameron - Guitar (part of final line-up)
* Sean Kennedy - Bass (part of final line-up)
* JJ Peters - Drums (part of final line-up)

* Ed Butcher - Vocals (2006-2007)
* Michael Crafter - Vocals (2001-2006)
* Lee Stacey - Vocals On Choose To Love Live Or Die EP (along with Crafter)
* Mitchell Long - Guitar
* Leaton Rose - Bass
* Colin Jeffs - Vocals (European Tour 2007)
* Tyrone Ross - Vocals (Japanese Tour)
* Justin Hart - Guitar (Now in Rose Manor)

2002 Choose to Love, Live, or Die Final Prayer
2003 I Killed the Prom Queen/Parkway Drive Split CD Final Prayer

When Goodbye Means Forever
Hand Of Hope Records
HOH002 - Aug 31, 2004
TRACK LISTING:
1. Intro
2. When Goodbye Means Forever
3. To Kill Tomorrow
4. Upon A River's Sky
5. Pointed To My Heart
6. Death Certificate for a Beauty Queen
7. Roses, Post Cards and Machine Gun Kisses
8. Forgiveness is Murder
9. Portraits, Dreams and Memories
10. Are You Playing Dead?
11. My Best Wishes

Your Past Comes Back to Haunt You
Resist Records
Released March 7, 2005
1. Never Never Land
2. Choose To Love Live Or Die
3. You're Not Worth Saving
4. Dreams As Hearts Bleed
5. To Be Sleeping While Still Standing
6. The Paint Brush Killer

Music For The Recently Deceased
Metal Blade Records
MTLB596 - Nov 14, 2006
TRACK LISTING:
1. Sharks In Your Mouth

2. Say Goodbye
[myspace]1718230438[/myspace]
3. E666
4. Your Shirt Would Look Better With A Columbian Neck-tie
5. The Deepest Sleep
6. Bet It All On Black
7. Headfirst From A Hangman's Noose
8. Sleepless Nights And City Lights
9. Slain Upon My Faithful Sword
10. Like Nails To A Casket
11. There Will Be No Violins When You Die

warnerve

Awards
  • Established
methusaleh, i dont know anyone in kse or anything, i was just curious cause i am a real big fan of theirs, one of my top favorite bands

i have actually downloaded some of the old overcast stuff, i really like it a lot. brian from shadows fall is a great vocalist too, although i didn't like their latest cd as much as the last few before it

i also have heard a bunch of those evergreen terrace covers, i like the way they sound. i heard a throwdown cover of "baby got back" on the radio the other day

xjsynx

xjsynx

Awards
When Overcast split up, ex-members formed KSE and Shadows Fall. Brian was the vocalist for Overcast, and then took over vocals for Shadows Fall...

xjsynx

xjsynx

Awards
Evergreen Terrace is a solid band. I've been listening to them since they came out, because I am big fan of that Florida flavor.

warnerve

Awards
  • Established
phil from all that remains used to sing for shadows fall before brian, i heard they wanted him to leave because he wasn't very good...dunno if that's true, it'd be weird because i think he is one of the best vocalists now

xjsynx

xjsynx

Awards
Yeah that is pretty crazy. If that is true that they no longer wanted him, I wonder why? Could've been that All That Remains was Phil's side project...I guess Phil also tried out for vocalist for KSE, but they decided to go with Howard.

LiftNDestroy

LiftNDestroy

Awards
  • Established
Oddly enough when I first signed up here, the first thing I looked for was a thread about HARDCORE! Overlooked but now found, woohoo! Not on the East Coast or anything but been listening to punk and metal since I was 14 and involved with hardcore(maily just hangin out and going to shows) for over 10 years.
I'll list a few bands I like and link up to their myspace accounts.
marOOn
Cataract
Nasty
Knuckledust
Wisdom In Chains
Sick Of It All
Out To Win
That gives you an idea, other bands I dig are xDisciplex, NIV, JUDGE(methusaleh knows what's up!), Buried Alive, Coalesce, Reprisal, Rykers, Negative Approach, Minor Threat, Ten Yard Fight, In My Eyes, Floorpunch, as well as many others but trying to keep this mainly hardcore.
:djparty:

xjsynx

xjsynx

Awards
Nice additions bro. Out To Win/Mushmouth has been one of my favorites.

Buried Alive was another good one, but now Terror.

Coalesce is sick.

Seems like you like a lot of that European HXC. There are some good Euro bands.

LiftNDestroy

LiftNDestroy

Awards
  • Established
Nice additions bro. Out To Win/Mushmouth has been one of my favorites.

Buried Alive was another good one, but now Terror.

Coalesce is sick.

Seems like you like a lot of that European HXC. There are some good Euro bands.
Yeah, I'm into a ton of euro bands right now, probably more so than American ones. I dig their metallic style, it's more mid 90's disembodied/swedish metal sounding which is cool. That and I figured with a forum as large as this one there had to be SOMONE into hardcore here. Your lists were quite impressive.

xjsynx

xjsynx

Awards
Ghost Of A Fallen Age

MySpace/ghostofafallenage

Pretty goofy looking, but they bring the metal. They are formed from the now defunct Winter Solstice and Everything Falls Together. WS was a Christian metalcore band that could be compaired to Unearth. Never heard of EFT, but I will check them out.

"With inventive and catchy guitar riffs including harmonic solos and layered breakdowns to innovative growl and scream patterns, Ghost of a Fallen Age is perfect for the discerning metal fan who complains that nothing is hard or good enough."

Title: Rumors Of The Secret War
Label: Tragic Hero
Product ID: TRG 685513 CD
1. The Cold Open
2. It's The Apathy That Calls Them Here
3. Irrefutable Evidence For A Septic (3:15am)
[myspace]16261291[/myspace]
4. The New 2007 Model Human
5. The Summit's Burn
6. Macabre Vow
7. The Cancer That Devours My Dreams, And Takes Dominion Over My Nightmares
8. A Poorly Tailored Man-Suit
9. A Critical Proposal
10. The Face Of Neglect