*** The Official HXC Music Thread *** - AnabolicMinds.com - Page 6

*** The Official HXC Music Thread ***

Page 6 of 7 First ... 4567 Last
  1. New Member

Quote Originally Posted by xjsynx View Post
    BTW

Where does everybody pick up their music from?

I usually go through RevHq or Very...
    If not at shows, usually from revhq. However there used to be this music store here "soundwaves" and they had an AWESOME indie music section, it was like ordering from very or revhq but you never had to wait on shipping. The dude that ordered from them got fired and they tried to keep it up, only problem is they only reordered what they had and never anything new. Other problem is I always left that place broke, buying cd's and records!

2. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.

I have Parkway Drive's latest "Horizons" Solis stuff.

Check out A Well Thought Tragedy out. New CD out Jan 8...
    Ok so I got those CD's today and here is my intitial impressions. I suck at reviews by the way.

Parkway Drive's "Horizons" is an awesome metalcore CD. That's all there is to it. Really pumped me up at the gym tonight. Adam D from Killswitch Engage produced this album and pretty much anything he produces is golden. This is another band that I'll be putting at the top of my list. For fans of As I lay Dying, Bury Your Dead, and All That Remains.

Oh, Sleeper's album, "When I am God" is another good metalcore/screamo CD. They have a fine balance between singing and screaming and the vocals are pretty decent. I'd compare them most to Underoath, but I'd take Underoath over these guys at this point. Still a solid debut album.

I really liked Demon Hunter's "The Triptych" and "Storm the Gates of Hell" is no exception. One gripe I do have is that there isn't a huge variation between the two album's. Just like their last album they have songs where they have a combination of screaming and singing and then they have very melodic ballads. Don't get me wrong, Ryan Clark is a wonderful singer, but I'd like to see some change. Right now it seems like they are torn between being metal and hard rock. Overall, an enjoyable CD to listen to.
  3. New Member

Quote Originally Posted by natedogg View Post
    Speaking of BTBM and sort of piggybacking off of another post, they made a cover album called "The Anatomy Of." Some really solid remakes on there from bands like Metallica, Motely Crue, Soundgarden, Pantera, Queen, Pink Floyd, Smashing Pumpkins, etc.

I have that disc.

A few solid covers on there...
    •   

4. New Member

Quote Originally Posted by LiftNDestroy View Post
    If not at shows, usually from revhq. However there used to be this music store here "soundwaves" and they had an AWESOME indie music section, it was like ordering from very or revhq but you never had to wait on shipping. The dude that ordered from them got fired and they tried to keep it up, only problem is they only reordered what they had and never anything new. Other problem is I always left that place broke, buying cd's and records!

There are a few places like that here, but only carry a few indie labels.

RevHQ is probably my favorite right now. Pretty cheap, but service is fast. Very takes forever and a day...

I hear on being broke though...Supps and CD's are very hard on teh wallet
  5. New Member

Quote Originally Posted by natedogg View Post
    Ok so I got those CD's today and here is my intitial impressions. I suck at reviews by the way.

Parkway Drive's "Horizons" is an awesome metalcore CD. That's all there is to it. Really pumped me up at the gym tonight. Adam D from Killswitch Engage produced this album and pretty much anything he produces is golden. This is another band that I'll be putting at the top of my list. For fans of As I lay Dying, Bury Your Dead, and All That Remains.

Oh, Sleeper's album, "When I am God" is another good metalcore/screamo CD. They have a fine balance between singing and screaming and the vocals are pretty decent. I'd compare them most to Underoath, but I'd take Underoath over these guys at this point. Still a solid debut album.

I really liked Demon Hunter's "The Triptych" and "Storm the Gates of Hell" is no exception. One gripe I do have is that there isn't a huge variation between the two album's. Just like their last album they have songs where they have a combination of screaming and singing and then they have very melodic ballads. Don't get me wrong, Ryan Clark is a wonderful singer, but I'd like to see some change. Right now it seems like they are torn between being metal and hard rock. Overall, an enjoyable CD to listen to.
    Pretty solid reviews, and I agree with Parkway Drive. They are a great band and didn't disappoint with Horizons.

Oh Sleeper is solid. Haven't picked up "When I am God", but do have their EP "The Armored March"

And you said all you can about Demon Hunter.
  6. New Member

LOL

I have been to garages, warehouses, junk yards, and various of other places you could have a show, but I have yet been to a show in the woods

7. Advanced Member

Anyone heard of He is Legend. I liked, oh two songs off of their last CD. I am Hollywood was their best song (listen to it), then they have all these other crappy poppy tracks. They have a new singer now who is awful.
  8. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by whatastud08 View Post
    Anyone heard of He is Legend. I liked, oh two songs off of their last CD. I am Hollywood was their best song (listen to it), then they have all these other crappy poppy tracks. They have a new singer now who is awful.

What?!? I love He is Legend's newest CD "Suck out the Poison." I like the southern sound they bring. I'll admit, I wasn't a huge fan at first, but it definitely grew on me over time.
  9. New Member

http://www.myspace.com/suffokate
    Been jamming this band, they are retarded heavy!
  10. New Member

Well I just saw the new Throwdown video

None of the original members are in the band, which explains why they sounds like crap.
  11. New Member

http://www.myspace.com/suffokate
    Been jamming this band, they are retarded heavy!
    They are pretty brutal. Remind me a lot of xLifeRuinerx

Nice find
  12. Advanced Member

Dethklok!!!

Seriously though, Brendan Smalls is one creative dude.
  13. New Member

I never really listened to them.
  14. Advanced Member

Im jamming Despised Icon this morning. They just posted a new vid on their myspace I believe.
  15. Advanced Member

I never really listened to them.
    I have a feeling you won't feel it. But I've been wrong before.
  16. New Member

Im jamming Despised Icon this morning. They just posted a new vid on their myspace I believe.
    Killer song and video

17. Advanced Member

Have you heard The Tony Danza Tapdance Extravaganza?

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...riendID=983138
  18. New Member

Have you heard The Tony Danza Tapdance Extravaganza?

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...riendID=983138
    I've heard of them, but really haven't listened to them. They sound pretty good, but I have to be in the mood to listen to discordant styles...
  19. New Member

Rise Records is on the rise...

INFO: For The Fallen Dreams hail from the blue collar town of Saginaw, Michigan, with their humble upbringing being displayed in the music they put out. These boys bring some of the most brutal yet melodic music today, with "Changes" showcasing their honest and angry attitude, appealing to fans of Bury Your Dead, Misery Signals and Emmure.

In today's hardcore/metal scene, it's easy for anyone to become jaded by the constant clones of, what is basically, the same band with hundreds of different names. We've all heard it; the same riff accompanied by the growling vocals and simultaneous "chug-chug" breakdowns. So, we wait and maybe search the music section on Myspace for a breath of fresh air. Thankfully, hidden in the obscure depths of the internet are bands that give this genre hope, and if you look hard enough, you can find them.

One of these noteworthy bands is Lansing, Michigan's well kept secret, For the Fallen Dreams. Formed in late 2003 and recently signing with Rise Records (The Devil Wears Prada, Drop Dead Gorgeous) in the summer of 2007, these young men show incredible promise through songs that showcase poignant and powerful writing, both lyrically and musically while still staying in touch with their hardcore/metal roots. Their music displays a well-done balance of metal and melody. Guitarists, Jim Hocking and Jason Spencer show a variety of ranges while shifting back and forth between hard-hitting metal riffs and some rather melodic guitar lines. Given their ability to draw the listener in with brutally honest lyrics about life, relationships, and struggle, the band shows solidarity for their future as a band to be taken seriously.

With 2008 shaping up to be a pretty big year for For the Fallen Dreams, I think we'll be hearing a lot more from them. Chad, Jason, Jim, Joe and Andrew certainly seem to be on their way to setting the bar for the future of hardcore.

INFO: Springfield, MO's Here I Come Falling have brought their melodic, yet punishing, Christian metalcore to a lot of ears in a very short time, playing Cornerstone Festival and doing their fair share of touring over the last year. Their sound takes punishing metallic riffs and integrates sung melodies to create a sound simlar to that of The Devil Wears Prada, Underoath and Norma Jean.

[here i come falling] is a 6 piece Christian rock band.
    We don't claim to be perfect, or even close to it.
    We just love playing music and going insane in the
    name of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.
    Our main goal is to let the people we encounter know that
    Jesus loves them and died for them so that they may
    have eternal life through Him.
    We will show you love and respect
    no matter what your beliefs are.
    We would also love to talk to you about ours.
    We are just 6 normal, down-to-earth guys
    with an incredible passion for music.
    Talk to us, we would love to get to know you.
    Thank you and God bless. <3
  20. Advanced Member

I picked up The Serpent by Still Remains today. Their vocal and guitar work is very solid on the album...it's a bit cleaner and better produced than the last. I like so far...
  21. New Member

I picked up The Serpent by Still Remains today. Their vocal and guitar work is very solid on the album...it's a bit cleaner and better produced than the last. I like so far...
    They going down the same path as of 18V. Quite sad, because Still Remains was one of my favorite bands...
  22. New Member

Avalanche is great song though

23. Advanced Member

They going down the same path as of 18V. Quite sad, because Still Remains was one of my favorite bands...
    It doesn't help that 18V are all pretentious A**Holes. I can see Still Remains going that route with the music, Im pretty suprised at how melodic this album is.
  24. New Member

Well I just saw the new Throwdown video

None of the original members are in the band, which explains why they sounds like crap.
    haha dude What are they the new PanterA? Being from Tx, I'm a HUGE Pantera fan but wow, it couldn't get any more obvious that they jammed nothing but Pantera for week and even months, and then said, "Let's write a new record". Funny enough, I was into it! haha
  25. Advanced Member

Anyone like The Warriors? They kinda remind of Comeback Kid, but more intense and varied vocals.
  26. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'4"  191 lbs.

Anyone like The Warriors? They kinda remind of Comeback Kid, but more intense and varied vocals.
    Definitely, and their new CD is AMAZING.
  27. New Member

LOVE The Warriors, it makes me think of Rage Against The Machine, if they were a hardcore band.
  28. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'4"  191 lbs.

LOVE The Warriors, it makes me think of Rage Against The Machine, if they were a hardcore band.
    EXACTLY: ROFL
  29. Advanced Member

Wow, I didn't see that until you mentioned it. Definitely see the parallel with the politically driven lyrics / vocal stylings.
  30. Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by dethklok View Post
    Thanks dude. I haven't checked this thread in a while because its so popular its hard to keep up.

Did you ever watch Home Movies? Or its predecesor Dr. Katz? Both shows were animated with squiggle vision and Brendan Small's creations.

On a Hardcore note I am bringing it back to page 5. I finally picked up a copy of Most Precious Blood Our Lady Annihilation and it is an excellent CD. Def gona break some PR's to that sound.

Also, sorry to see the OP got whacked with the ban stick. His legend will live on in the HXC thread.
    Yep, I've seen them both. Does he do the animation for Metalpocalypse also?
  31. New Member

A hardcore thread with no mention of AGNOSTIC FRONT??? you guys have traded in the roots for eye liner.....this thread should be called MTV.CORE
    no really though..solid thread
  32. New Member

Quote Originally Posted by bluecollar View Post
    A hardcore thread with no mention of AGNOSTIC FRONT??? you guys have traded in the roots for eye liner.....this thread should be called MTV.CORE
    Fair enough I believe JUDGE was mentioned in this thread by me. Enough said!
  33. New Member

some newer stuff im into
    death before dishonor
    hoods
    donnybrook
    will to live
    blood stands still
  34. New Member

some newer stuff im into
    death before dishonor
    hoods
    donnybrook
    will to live
    blood stands still
    LOVE donnybrook!, also Will To Live are my boys been seein them since day 1 good list.
  35. New Member

i put that one in the list for you texas
  36. New Member

im trying to post some videos from dorkspace but im an idiot
  37. New Member

fight like hell
    first blood
    out to win
    the hope conspiracy
    black my heart
    blacklisted
    know the score
  38. Senior Member

I listen to hardcore/metal/death metal everytime i lift. It's sick that someone actually started a thread for hardcore alone. Props bro. Some fav's would be At the Gates, Hatebreed, Behemoth, Soulfly, Himsa, OLD From Autumn To Ashes, Earth Crisis, ZAO, Dark Tranquility, Cannibal Corpse, Deicide, In Flames, Insomnium, Lamb of F'n God!, Light This City, Necrophagist, Sepultura, PANTERA, Shadows Fall, Suffocation, The Haunted, Strife, and damn the list goes on. KEEP IT HARDCORE!
  39. Advanced Member

Lol. I wish MTV played stuff like this. Bring back Headbanger's Ball! All I see on MTV now is that stupid Lauren B**ch talking about some AxHole she's dating...quality programming.
  40. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'4"  191 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by bassgod272 View Post
    I listen to hardcore/metal/death metal everytime i lift. It's sick that someone actually started a thread for hardcore alone. Props bro. Some fav's would be At the Gates, Hatebreed, Behemoth, Soulfly, Himsa, OLD From Autumn To Ashes, Earth Crisis, ZAO, Dark Tranquility, Cannibal Corpse, Deicide, In Flames, Insomnium, Lamb of F'n God!, Light This City, Necrophagist, Sepultura, PANTERA, Shadows Fall, Suffocation, The Haunted, Strife, and damn the list goes on. KEEP IT HARDCORE!
    earth crisis!!! nice

STREET BY STREET
    BLOCK BY BLOCK
    TAKING IT ALL BACK
    THE YOUTH EMERGED IN POISON
    JOIN THE TIDE COUNTERATTACK

VIOLENCE AGAINST VIOLENCE
    LET THE ROUNDUP BEGIN
    A FIRESTORM TO PURIFY
    THE **** THAT SOCIETY DROWNS IN

good times...good times...

Similar Forum Threads