*** The Official HXC Music Thread ***

Page 6 of 11 First ... 45678 ... Last

  1. Quote Originally Posted by anbreeuh View Post
    Belay my Last, The Faceless. Try those bands. They're two of my favorites, though not really "hardcore." But seeing what you guys have posted as "hardcore" here, I guess they can squeeze themselves in.
    Some solid Metal from both bands.



  2. Quote Originally Posted by MESSPLAY View Post
    Has FaceOff been mentioned?
    Don't think so, and they don't sound familiar. I've heard of Face Down.....

    Also, a lot of the bands you like are sXe
    •   
       


  3. I was actually thinking of slapshot! (same hockey genre )

    Thought of a couple more haha and sorry if they've been mentioned :X

    Glass Casket
    With Honor
    Winter Solstice (they're alright...sometimes)
    Dillinger Escape Plan
    Ten Yard Fight


    yeah, most of the bands I post are straight edge. I went through that "proclaim my lifestyle with x's on my hands" phase before I realized I didn't need to show off my beliefs in order to share them. Still straight edge, but i dont flaunt it in front of other people.

    this thread rocks by the way

  4. If you like Slapshot (who's probably one of my favorite bands of all time, in fact I would call them the #1 influence on the music I play), then check out my friend Shawn's band:

    http://myspace.com/refuseresistband

    They are f'ing incredible both live and on CD...
    •   
       


  5. Quote Originally Posted by Matt Skiba View Post
    Also I don't know if it's been mentioned on here before but what was that one trustkill band with the really fat guy for a frontman? Man those guys could rip it up!

    Also check out Brother's Keeper:

    Brother's Keeper

    Skycamefalling is an old school Ferret band that broke up in 2003, again this was before Ferret blew nuts as a lot of other labels do as well.

    MySpace.com - Skycamefalling - Hardcore - www.myspace.com/skycamefalling1021
    I think the band you are referring to is Most Precious Blood, band is GOOD. Second I've seen Brothers Keeper too many times and I could never get into Mike Skis voice but they used to tour with the best bands. Third, Sky Came Falling were good, was really into them the few times I saw them.

  6. yeah Mike Ski's voice was annoying...

    Most Precious Blood was good


  7. Quote Originally Posted by MESSPLAY View Post
    I was actually thinking of slapshot! (same hockey genre )

    Thought of a couple more haha and sorry if they've been mentioned :X

    Glass Casket
    With Honor
    Winter Solstice (they're alright...sometimes)
    Dillinger Escape Plan
    Ten Yard Fight


    yeah, most of the bands I post are straight edge. I went through that "proclaim my lifestyle with x's on my hands" phase before I realized I didn't need to show off my beliefs in order to share them. Still straight edge, but i dont flaunt it in front of other people.

    this thread rocks by the way
    I recall Slapshot.

    Well, I don't wear X's on my hands, but I do have a sXe tattoo on my forum, wear sXe shirts, and have the X's in my name.....

    I don't need to flaunt it, but it I don't my representing it.

    I was actually surprised to see another sXe cat at the mall the other day. At least in the neighborhood I was in. I alked into GBC and the guy working there had a bunch of sXe tatts....

  8. I was never into the whole XXX thing much, had some friends who were but I never really followed any particular group.

    Yeah there's a pretzel shop at a mall in Burlington, VT, where I was a few months ago, and three of the employees had sXe tattoos and various HC band shirts on. One of them was a hot blond with a Diecast shirt on...mmm if I wasn't already committed...

  9. any of you like...

    dead to fall
    on broken wings
    allegiance

  10. Yeah I dig Dead To Fall and On Broken Wings. Haven't heard OBW's latest release though, I heard they changed their style a bit?

    Never listened to Allegiance all that much.

  11. I know some of these might be pushing the thread topic, but speaking of XXX bands does anyone remember....

    Xessive ForceX (loved them!!)
    A Chorus of Disapproval (aka XCHORUSX)
    Mouthpiece
    Prohibition IV
    Chokehold
    Brand X

    ....those are just some more off the top of my head...

  12. Sick of it all.


    And one most people dont know of, an old cali sXe hardcore band, Unity.



    Just wanted to add, really most of the music you are listing is not what I would consider Hardcore, As I lay Dying is hardcore?

  13. Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    Sick of it all.


    And one most people dont know of, an old cali sXe hardcore band, Unity.



    Just wanted to add, really most of the music you are listing is not what I would consider Hardcore, As I lay Dying is hardcore?
    Yes, AILD is hXc. They play a sub-genre called MetalCore.

    I posted a vid of SOIA and I Unity is ok. Both play old school hXc

  14. I just don't really consider many of the newer style hardcore bands to be hardcore music. There are a few new ones I like, but they are few and far between, hardcore has been ruined by long haired, tight pants wearing pussies.

  15. Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    I just don't really consider many of the newer style hardcore bands to be hardcore music. There are a few new ones I like, but they are few and far between, hardcore has been ruined by long haired, tight pants wearing pussies.
    Well you do got a point there. And don't forget all the fruits with the qu33r liner around their eyes...

  16. Quote Originally Posted by xjsynx View Post
    Well you do got a point there. And don't forget all the fruits with the qu33r liner around their eyes...

    no **** dude,

  17. gym shorts and addidas baby

  18. not sure if it's still up, but the entire new dillinger escape plan cd was streaming on their myspace the other day

    definitely great

  19. Wow, good call. It is still up and it's awesome.

  20. Still up and checking it out now.

  21. Rpen, is that a cardboard city logo I see?

    Man I am a huge fan of glassjaw and everything Daryl Palumbo, that guy is a god of rock music in general.

  22. yeah, new DEP is definitely awesome, and of course kinda eccentric.

    really short too. new drummer apparently isn't any sort of a drop off from the old one, which is saying a LOT

  23. Quote Originally Posted by Matt Skiba View Post
    Rpen, is that a cardboard city logo I see?

    Man I am a huge fan of glassjaw and everything Daryl Palumbo, that guy is a god of rock music in general.
    It is indeed, my friend.

    I'm a big fan of pretty much everything Daryl does as well.

  24. Damn, lots of bands I'm going to have to check out.

    I don't think you'd consider these bands hardcore, but they are definitely worth listening to.

    August Burns Red
    Destroy the Runner
    Demon Hunter
    Becoming the Archetype
    Life in Your Way

    Solid State is a solid record company. They also have Underoath, Norma Jean, He Is Legend, Haste the Day, As Cities Burn, Inhale/Exhale, The Chariot, etc.
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. The Official Product Request Thread
    By stryder in forum Nutraplanet
    Replies: 4032
    Last Post: 01-29-2017, 01:54 AM
  2. The Official Chewing Tobacco thread
    By Taylor's Pride in forum General Chat
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 02-21-2009, 10:50 AM
  3. The Official Deadlift Appreciation Thread
    By sp447 in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 11-30-2008, 07:58 PM
  4. ***The Official "Iphone Sucks" Thread"***
    By TheMyth in forum General Chat
    Replies: 68
    Last Post: 04-20-2008, 10:29 AM
  5. The official TALL guys thread
    By In Hulk in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 41
    Last Post: 11-11-2007, 02:38 AM
Log in
Log in