*** The Official HXC Music Thread ***

Page 6 of 9 First ... 45678 ... Last

1. Speaking of sick of it all, just saw them on Sunday, and as always it was awesome. Band is excellent. Slapshot are great but my favorite late 80's straightedge band is Judge hands down. Nothing gets me more amped up on leg day than cranking that Judge discog!

2. Quote Originally Posted by natedogg View Post
    Damn, lots of bands I'm going to have to check out.

I don't think you'd consider these bands hardcore, but they are definitely worth listening to.

August Burns Red
    Destroy the Runner
    Demon Hunter
    Becoming the Archetype
    Life in Your Way

Solid State is a solid record company. They also have Underoath, Norma Jean, He Is Legend, Haste the Day, As Cities Burn, Inhale/Exhale, The Chariot, etc.
    I consider them hXc. Well at least ABR & DTR. Demon Hunter, BTA, and LIYW, is debatable, but hXc kids playing their music.

But yeah Solid State is solid. One of the first labels I started listening to, because of Living Sacrifice.
    •   

3. I don't know what genre you guys put them in, but have you heard of Oh, Sleeper?

4. Quote Originally Posted by rpen22 View Post
    I don't know what genre you guys put them in, but have you heard of Oh, Sleeper?
    Just recently. They're new to Solid State. Probably the same genre as Underoath and the other Christian bands on that label.

5. Quote Originally Posted by natedogg View Post
    Just recently. They're new to Solid State. Probably the same genre as Underoath and the other Christian bands on that label.
    Yeah, I just heard about them a couple days ago. Regardless of what genre, I like them.
    •   

6. Quote Originally Posted by rpen22 View Post
    I don't know what genre you guys put them in, but have you heard of Oh, Sleeper?
    Pssss: *** The Official HXC Music Thread ***

7. Quote Originally Posted by xjsynx View Post

Don't mind the noob.

8. Quote Originally Posted by natedogg View Post
    Well, Solid State is a hXc label/sub-division of Tooth & Nail.

9. Quote Originally Posted by rpen22 View Post

Don't mind the noob.
    Haha...

Be on the lookout for Every Bridge Burned

10. And be on the lookout for They Came As Lions
  11. Alcina

Alcina formed at the close 2005, in Nashville, TN. With their catchy metalcore sound similar to Haste The Day, August Burns Red, and The Showdown, they immediately began building a solid hometown fan base, drawing hundreds of kids to many shows. By the summer of 2006 they self-produced an EP and began touring in the southeast, eastcoast, and midwest. After playing generator stages at Cornerstone Festival, they started receiving label attention. Just several months later they announced their signing to Holdfast Records in front of 400+ screaming fans in Nashville. Their 8-track EP was recorded in November 2006 at NME Studios in Nashville, TN. In January, Alcina’s hometown cd release show brought a soldout audiance of over 700 kids, one of the largest local hardcore shows RCKTWN Music Venue has ever had.

1 An Introduction
    2 The Tourniquet
    3 Kickin' It
    4 A Fist Full Of Regrets

5 Mercenary
    6 Almost Heroes
    7 Falling At The Feet Of What Keeps Us Alive
    8 A New Hope

12. Alcina's singer sounds like the old Haste the Day vocalist, thats not him though is it? Im pretty sure he is married with a kid now...

13. Quote Originally Posted by rpen22 View Post
    It is indeed, my friend.

I'm a big fan of pretty much everything Daryl does as well.
    Ya, so much for that GlassJaw tour that was supposed to go down this summer. Although there have constantly been rumors like that floating around since the breakup.

14. Quote Originally Posted by whatastud08 View Post
    Alcina's singer sounds like the old Haste the Day vocalist, thats not him though is it? Im pretty sure he is married with a kid now...
    Jimmy Ryan is front man for Trenches

15. Quote Originally Posted by whatastud08 View Post
    Ya, so much for that GlassJaw tour that was supposed to go down this summer. Although there have constantly been rumors like that floating around since the breakup.
    My lucky-ass buddy just drove to LA and saw them on Oct. 28th. I wanted to go so bad, but I couldn't plan it because I thought I was going to be in contest prep when he told me about it.

He did bring me back a gj shirt, though.

16. Quote Originally Posted by rpen22 View Post
    My lucky-ass buddy just drove to LA and saw them on Oct. 28th. I wanted to go so bad, but I couldn't plan it because I thought I was going to be in contest prep when he told me about it.

He did bring me back a gj shirt, though.
    Crohn's is a helluva disease.
    I bet that show was sick. I have an old GJ shirt I got back when Worship& Tribute was released. The "Guns don't Kill People, GJ kills People" Shirt. Its like the one that huge guy in Happy Gilmore wears.

17. Quote Originally Posted by whatastud08 View Post
    Crohn's is a helluva disease.
    I bet that show was sick. I have an old GJ shirt I got back when Worship& Tribute was released. The "Guns don't Kill People, GJ kills People" Shirt. Its like the one that huge guy in Happy Gilmore wears.
    Yeah I've seen that one.

And as for the Crohn's, I had tickets for the glassJaw show in AZ last time they were supposed to be here, but Daryl got another flare up and they canceled. Needless to say, I was not very happy.

18. Quote Originally Posted by dethklok View Post
    Sorry you didn't get to see them. They are sick live.

Crohn's keeps me from doing many of the things I want to do. I am sure Daryl wanted to be there but the pain of having Crohn's is something that may only be understood by living with it yourself.
    Oh yeah, I completely understand. Sorry to hear you've got to live with it too. I was just bummed cuz it was glassJaw. I've seen Daryl with Head Automatica probably 4 or 5 times though.

Apparently gj played all this new **** at the LA show a few weeks ago.

19. I saw glassjaw live and sold out at the house of blues in december, man it was nothing short of witnessing a moment of rock'n'roll history, any legendary singers there has been, whether it be van morrison or freddie mercury, I think Daryl is god enough to be able to be among them.

I've seen them before at the 2003 warped tour and waaay back at like 2001 or 2002 when EYEWTKAS was what they had out and they were playing a small venue.

Man I miss the days when you could see such a killer band in front of such a small audience, and they're playing right in front of your face.

20. Sh!t man I've seen several bands "up close" live at small venues. There is this place where I'm from called the "Rainbow Ballroom" and this thing is just a small indoor...ballroom. I've seen Lamb of God, Trivium, Killswitch Engage, Bury Your Dead, All that Remains, Gojira, Machinehead, Deftones, and others. Being in such a confined area like that makes the music sound so much better and much more intense. I've been to outdoor concerts and it just doesn't sound the same. By the way, if you have never seen Lamb of God live, do so. Absolutely amazing. BYD was awesome too. Too bad Mat Bruso left.

21. Quote Originally Posted by natedogg View Post
    Sh!t man I've seen several bands "up close" live at small venues. There is this place where I'm from called the "Rainbow Ballroom" and this thing is just a small indoor...ballroom. I've seen Lamb of God, Trivium, Killswitch Engage, Bury Your Dead, All that Remains, Gojira, Machinehead, Deftones, and others. Being in such a confined area like that makes the music sound so much better and much more intense. I've been to outdoor concerts and it just doesn't sound the same. By the way, if you have never seen Lamb of God live, do so. Absolutely amazing. BYD was awesome too. Too bad Mat Bruso left.
    The place I went to, that's shut-down now, is called the Fireside Bowl. Get this, this was not a ballroom... but a dive bowling alley with barely an excuse for a stage, and of course it did have the heavily abused tile ceiling.

Another place, which is still up and running but has gone to **** with the scenester homos is the Arlington Heights Knights of Columbus Hall. This place is a hall for the Knights of Columbus church organization, but they let promoters book shows there, local and touring. I've seen plenty of great bands there that have gone on to be huge. This is gonna sound funny to you guys but they actually show the first Fall Out Boy video there and I was there for it hah. I also remember seeing Rise Against there good times. I don't really go here anymore ever though, cause it is located in the suburbs, and man do I not like those kids! Last place I wanna be is somewhere with a bunch of 13 year old gothic looking sluts running around the place.

If you happen to live in the Chicago area I suggest you check out mP productions presents..

Also here's a good local band from around here:

MySpace.com - Hewhocorrupts - CHICAGO, US - Hardcore / Punk / Death Metal - www.myspace.com/hewhocorrupts

22. This is all I have to say:

23. "throw more sh1t ***gots"

HAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA

I love dillinger escape plan

24. I though you were going to post a video of their Justin Timberlake cover

25. However, I never could get into Dillinger....

Candiria on the other hand

26. Quote Originally Posted by xjsynx View Post
    I though you were going to post a video of their Justin Timberlake cover
    I was actually going to in the other thread but I decided against it haha.

27. Quote Originally Posted by MESSPLAY View Post
    "throw more sh1t ***gots"

HAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA

I love dillinger escape plan
    That's the best part. DEP are sick live.

Oh yeah, and their new album is legit. I was listening to it all day.

28. Into The Moat

29. I am checking out this cat's list of top breakdowns.

What do you guys think?

Whitechapel - Ear to Ear
    Despised Icon - Retina
    Catalepsy - Truth
    Forever In Terror - Leviathan
    Arsonists get All The Girls - Shoeshine For Neptune

A lot of Metal bands here.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. The Official Product Request Thread
    By stryder in forum Nutraplanet
    Replies: 4031