Genetics (Please Read)

MEH89

MEH89

Awards
  • Established
I was wondering what is the prime age to put on size, and strength, alot of what I have read, and heard is your teenage years, and early twenties.I was wondering if you start out in your early teens about 130 pounds, and over the course of several years you increase your bodyweight by 40 pounds staying decently lean 10%. This is all done by eating, and alot of hard time in the gym, and all natural. If you quite lifting will your bodyweight stay some where in that class, because your body has became use to the weight, basically this will be your natural bodyweight.Thanks for any replies. Mark

tattoopierced1

late 20's early 30's for me. My metabolism didnt really slow until after I was 25....still is a bit fast but manageable now.

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
The younger the better. That's a universal application.

If you drug it up then anytime is fine.

lifted

lifted

Awards
  • Established
It all differs person to person.

For example, my one cousin who is only 22 now, played football and worked out all through jr. high, high school. He is so f'in huge right now, he (I swear to god) puts most pro-wrestlers to SHAME!!! At only 22!!

Another example of the theory that "training young will stunt your growth", I have 2 friends that are twins...they are both 24 now. The one worked out all through jr high, high school... while the other one never really trained or anything, very active, but not the gymfreak type like most of us here. the one that trained while young is 5'7". The other one who didn't is 6'1".

So IMO, the best years to get into lifting will always differ from person to person. But I think that if you are a teenager and want to lift w/o possibly stunting growth, you can still do so just don't max-out and use really heavy-weights. I think moderate weights, LOTS of rest, and good diet is a formula for becoming a BEAST in the mid 20's...

CRUNCH

CRUNCH

Awards
  • Established
I didn't start gaining much muscle until I was 25, then one summer, up it went by 40 lbs. Late bloomer I guess. I had been lifting religiously since I was 12. I'm also 6'3".

machine528

machine528

Awards
  • Established
Crunch i am in the same boat as you.... I am about to turn 27 and this last year has been my best year in the gym. I am up to a very lean 227 right now. For years i was stuck in the upper 180's to upper 190's. I have been working out since i was 15 also. I am also 6ft3.

TripDog

TripDog

Bananas
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
27 was my magical year......this was my best in terms of gains def!!!

MEH89

MEH89

Awards
  • Established
I was wondering because I am going to get out of weight lifting in about a year, and was wondering since I have put on about 20 pounds, in over the course of about 2 years, if I stopped working out, would I go back to 130 pounds.

CRUNCH

CRUNCH

Awards
  • Established
Why are you getting out of weight lifting in a year?

If you don't lift at all, you will lose a lot of that muscle. Your body will go back to only keeping what it needs, the extra the lifting has given you will most likely go.

MEH89

MEH89

Awards
  • Established
I getting out of weight lifting in a year because I am leaving for the Marine Corps. I want to try another sport, powerlifting in the Military is not that great. I boxed, and wrestled in elementary school, and middle school. I want to box in the military. Also I am more built more for boxing then weightlifting. I around 150-155 pounds, short, long reach, big hands, knuckles, very explosive, and fast. In weight lifting long reach is only good for the deadlift, and I have along torso that cancels out the leaverage.Also a long torso puts more stress on the back in squats. So I am decent powerlifter high school level, but military,and open theres not comparison. I only compete to be number one, "no one trains to be second." I feel that I would be chasing an unrealistic goal. Thats why I want change sports if it make any since.Mark

anabolicrhino

anabolicrhino

Awards
  • Established
my lower body developed through my mid 20's

..but my upper body mass came in my early 30's

started cutting around 35,

,..reached perfection about a year ago:lol:

rysigpi

rysigpi

Awards
  • Established
It all differs person to person.

For example, my one cousin who is only 22 now, played football and worked out all through jr. high, high school. He is so f'in huge right now, he (I swear to god) puts most pro-wrestlers to SHAME!!! At only 22!!

Another example of the theory that "training young will stunt your growth", I have 2 friends that are twins...they are both 24 now. The one worked out all through jr high, high school... while the other one never really trained or anything, very active, but not the gymfreak type like most of us here. the one that trained while young is 5'7". The other one who didn't is 6'1".

So IMO, the best years to get into lifting will always differ from person to person. But I think that if you are a teenager and want to lift w/o possibly stunting growth, you can still do so just don't max-out and use really heavy-weights. I think moderate weights, LOTS of rest, and good diet is a formula for becoming a BEAST in the mid 20's...
Were they identical twins?