Is it bad.....

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
This past week my review for my job went through and was deemed excellent by their standards. I just got a significant raise in pay due to a positive work eval. Is it a bad thing to keep this from my girlfriend ? I already buy her nice stuff anyway like juicy,coach,tiffany,etc...but I think she might even expect more if she knows I'm making more.

I'm thinking about keeping the raise to myself. what's your opinion ?

nycste

nycste

Awards
  • Established
no gf is worth juicy,coach,tiffany that crap

tell that beezo to make her own money if she wants uselesss crap :p

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
You know her better than we do - if she will just want more crap, then forget it.

You are the one that earned the raise.

mmowry

mmowry

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
If youve got to hide it from her for fear of her abusing this info then is she the one you really want to be committed to?

john123131

john123131

Awards
  • Established
If youve got to hide it from her for fear of her abusing this info then is she the one you really want to be committed to?
couldnt agree more my friend...

RisingAgainst

RisingAgainst

Banned
Awards
  • Established
She take my moooneeey, when I'm in need, she's a triflin, friend indeed - Kanye West - Gold Digger

Leave her dude. I live in a mining town where there's two kinds of women, women that like men for who they are (one in ever 500 or so) and women that dig for the goldminer's gold... The trick is to be honest, tell her that she needs to support her own worthless self if she expects and respect and or love from you... I'm very sick of women thinking that men owe them something because we don't have a fat gaping hole that drains itself monthly.

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
My opinion is that you should go ahead and find out now what your partner is going to do, expect and whant to know while it's not a life long commitment.

Lacradocious

Lacradocious

Awards
  • Established
You should just go buy yourself something nice and expensive. Like a motorcycle or something. Then if she gets mad at you, tell her at that time that you got a raise and YOU are celebrating it. Then take her on a ride.

RisingAgainst

RisingAgainst

Banned
Awards
  • Established
You should just go buy yourself something nice and expensive. Like a motorcycle or something. Then if she gets mad at you, tell her at that time that you got a raise and YOU are celebrating it. Then take her on a ride.
LOL! the only thing I'd let a gold digger ride is my nuts, then a ride out of my house/life...

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
I think I'm not going to tell her and start buying all the supplements I didn't used to buy before.

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Unless she's a moron, she will figure out something if the house gets flooded with new 'stuff'.

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
Well, there has been other internal issues as well. This aspect tends to just aggravate the issue even more. When I think about it, there are some things that overlay with what byrwal was going on too, namely the whole 'blaming me for everything' type of thing. I'm not really upset, its been going on for awhile I'm just to the point like bry where enough is enough.

Mrs. Gimpy!

Mrs. Gimpy!

Awards
  • Established
My opinion is that you should go ahead and find out now what your partner is going to do, expect and whant to know while it's not a life long commitment.

kinda like if you let someone go out and party a bunch and she/he ends up cheating.....

sucks but at least you found out before marriage....

im quite the girly girl with high expectations BUT i've never expected my honey to buy me my needless obsessions....

Leggo my Ego

Leggo my Ego

Awards
  • Established
For the love of god, do not disclose! And if you do... tell her NO when she wants you to spoil her with some stupid crap. Actually you should tell her you got demoted and you got a pay decrease and see if she sticks around. LOL

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
For the love of god, do not disclose! And if you do... tell her NO when she wants you to spoil her with some stupid crap. Actually you should tell her you got demoted and you got a pay decrease and see if she sticks around. LOL
Demoted....I like the idea of that. Her pitch is what Gimpy is saying. 'I have high expectations'....along those lines.

I've always had a hang up on issues like that. I know the guy typically PAYS for most stuff....ok, yeah whatever. This type of practice dates back to when the guy earned all the money and the women stayed at home. Things have changed since then and it irritates me how its gotten to the point where girls that I've met/known feel like they are entitled to a guy's money.

RisingAgainst

RisingAgainst

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I've always had a hang up on issues like that. I know the guy typically PAYS for most stuff....ok, yeah whatever. This type of practice dates back to when the guy earned all the money and the women stayed at home. Things have changed since then and it irritates me how its gotten to the point where girls that I've met/known feel like they are entitled to a guy's money.
Repped. Best comment I've seen all day, and one that will set you in the right direction, MEN rule, women reinforce... that's how it's supposed to be.

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
dont tell her man. she doesnt need to know.

does she ever buy you things or treat you to lunch/dinner/movie?

I dont give a rats ass but if the girl has a job (she better) and has any kind of income i would like to see her buy me something, at least treat me to taco bell or something once in a while. I dont believe in girls that dont pay for ****. I love to buy things for my women but cmon there is a line where you can see they are taking or would take advantage. Its your raise go buy some supps.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Wrong wrong wrong. If you feel like you need to lie to her, or not tell her the truth, just dump her, and keep her # as a booty call. there is no way it will ever work long term from lies. Thats something you can NEVER undo, and lying about even something smaller like who you are on the phone with just leads to more and more lies over time.

At the very least tell her you got the raise, and if she does seem to ask for more, let her know that you're using the excess to buy the supplements you couldn't afford before. If she doesnt like that, then dump her. Just remember -

Squeaks4ver

Squeaks4ver

Awards
  • Established
You should be able to feel that you can share things with her. if she is going to milk it all out then you shouldn't really be with her. I mean my fiance got a big hike in his pay check and i really am a spoiled brat 99% of the time, but i do understand that there is so many other better things that money will go to.

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
Yeah I was watching something on a tv talk show about this topic of debate.

I'm all within reason, but the girls I have dated before it seems to always snowball. I'll get them something from time to time and it inevitably leads into expecting something more.

Which reminds me. She lost these Juicy earrings I got her after about 2 months of having them. :frustrate

Leggo my Ego

Leggo my Ego

Awards
  • Established
Wrong wrong wrong. If you feel like you need to lie to her, or not tell her the truth, just dump her, and keep her # as a booty call. there is no way it will ever work long term from lies. Thats something you can NEVER undo, and lying about even something smaller like who you are on the phone with just leads to more and more lies over time.

At the very least tell her you got the raise, and if she does seem to ask for more, let her know that you're using the excess to buy the supplements you couldn't afford before. If she doesnt like that, then dump her.
Agreed, my suggestions were made jokingly. I don't advocate lying but that doesn't mean you have to be completely forthcoming. Just because one doesn't volunteer information doesn't mean he is a liar. :think:

Mrs. Gimpy!

Mrs. Gimpy!

Awards
  • Established
Her pitch is what Gimpy is saying. 'I have high expectations'....along those lines
hm..... when i said "high expectations" its not as in my high expectations to be spoiled, but high expectations as in a person's performance in life (motivation, common sense, ambition).

its irritating how so many people feel the need to "keep up with the Jones" and women expect men to give them everything to do so and never stop to think about how freakin hard men have to work to provide for the family.

Things have changed since then and it irritates me how its gotten to the point where girls that I've met/known feel like they are entitled to a guy's money.
women like that irritate the hell out of me..... like housewives that brag about how successful their husbands are but they themselves have achieved nothing but popping out kids (which is easily done by teenageers). who the hell cares about how much your husband makes or has achieved....did you do that? no....

its pathetic how alot of women base their success on their husband's hard work and think they've earned it......and are thus equally successful.

lol, sorry for the rant, probably cuz im bitter that im not dumb enough to be happy being a bum/ gold digger and decided to work the crap out of myself.......

Frequency

Frequency

Awards
  • Established
women like that irritate the hell out of me..... like housewives that brag about how successful their husbands are but they themselves have achieved nothing but popping out kids (which is easily done by teenageers). who the hell cares about how much your husband makes or has achieved....did you do that? no....

its pathetic how alot of women base their success on their husband's hard work and think they've earned it......and are thus equally successful.
Now thats the best comment in this thread
:dance:

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established

Which reminds me. She lost these Juicy earrings I got her after about 2 months of having them. :frustrate
This also reminds me of a real good girlfriend i had, i bought her some real expensive **** and she ended up leaving it at her mom's house where she doesnt live anymore or visit. So the stuff i bought (its not like i make that much anyway) was used like once or twice.:smite:

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
You should want to tell her about your raise, and she should be happy for you. No need to hide good news from someone your close to and love.

The very fact that your questioning telling her this good news is a big red flag my friend.

I have seen your posts and you are wise. And these are hard decisions you have to make, but you need to think about whether you want to be with a girl who expects things from you.

I spoil my g/f, but that's because she doesn't expect or want anything. And she started dating me when I had no money, no job. Now I am paying her back, I suppose you could say.

Good luck. Follow your heart

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
On another point, there are many loveless marriages that are held together by money. I'd rather be single!

and F*** all that designer gucci gabanni juicy etc. Man I watch some of these shows like Sweet 16 on MTV and I want to throw myself out a window. Talk about shallow!

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
Well, the relationship issue stems past money. She's kinda had an attitude about what she 'deserves' and unfortunately the respect and appriciation for me is gone. It is a damn shame too because I know a relationship shouldn't be tied up in money, and reguardless of what I make (or don't make) it theoretically should be irrelevant....either that or I'm just thinking of an ideal Hollywood relationship.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

Now thats the best comment in this thread
:dance:
I agree, now Mrs Gimpy!, can you post more pics of yourself in the wives thread? :D

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
Well, the relationship issue stems past money. She's kinda had an attitude about what she 'deserves' and unfortunately the respect and appriciation for me is gone. It is a damn shame too because I know a relationship shouldn't be tied up in money, and reguardless of what I make (or don't make) it theoretically should be irrelevant....either that or I'm just thinking of an ideal Hollywood relationship.
Sorry to hear about that. They always say, "You don't know what you've lost until it's gone." Maybe you should let her go, and if she comes back, well, it was meant to be.

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
post a pic or pm me one and we or i can see if she is :thumbsup: or worth putting up with lol.

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
I have some I think on my ipod. The rest are uploaded on another site that I can't access from work.

RBKing

Awards
I think I'm not going to tell her and start buying all the supplements I didn't used to buy before.
I feel you on this one. I have to keep how much I spend on supplements a secret from my wife. I always hear "if you didn't buy so many supplements we could go to Europe, buy another vehicle, house, etc. Why do spouses/girfriends think supplements are the root of all evil?

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
I feel you on this one. I have to keep how much I spend on supplements a secret from my wife. I always hear "if you didn't buy so many supplements we could go to Europe, buy another vehicle, house, etc. Why do spouses/girfriends think supplements are the root of all evil?
Well its not about the supplements...its about something else. My girlfriend is the same way too and I hear all that b.s. about how much I spend on supplements (um, mainly protein) and blah, blah, blah.

1. I earned the money

2. I love bodybuilding in all aspects and supplements are merely tools I use in my hobby/lifestyle. Plain and simple.

3. She dosen't respect my hobby or my interests or else she'd be supportive and not try to go against the grain in my supplement purchases.

That's the way it is sometime and it's unfortunate.

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
she seems a bit selfish. It doesnt seem like you are happy with her. Are you?

What is keeping you with her, honestly and how long have you known her? Not saying you should leave her but just trying to figure this out.

and i dont think arnold really said that did he? (ur sig)

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Both RBKing + Reaper, thats messed up. Both of you are with the wrong people if that is the case. RB, at least you can set a budget for your supps, and a budget for her discretionary spending too on things like that. Make it a solid budget, so there is the same dollars going into each fund a week.

And reaper, say byebye to her. really. Its not much different than a catholic and a jew getting together and one trying to conver the other. You should never HAVE to change the way you live to suit someone else.

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
haha hell no piston. NO Xplode came out like 1 year ago.

Easy- I'm not sure if I agree with you, but I appiciate your input.

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I know that that stuff wasnt around back then but maybe he just got paid to say it lol. idk.

Back to the subject, dude, what is making you stick around?

wow this thread went from monetary raise to breaking up....

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
I'm not sure. There are a lot of things that I still need to sort out. The money aspect is just one thing and she didn't use to be the jerk she is now so I know that she is capable of being a nice person because she was back then. We've been dating for about 2 years now so its been awhile. In other aspects, she has a lot of qualities that I've found lacking in other girls Ive known/dated so there is a balancing act within itself in this relationship.

btw. I posted pics in the 'hottest wife' thread.

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
yeah i checked it out. not bad. you got a little carried away on the blackouts tho lol. 2 years is a long time, at least to me. Ive never been past a year, must be me.