I'm so ****ing pissed right now

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
First let me start off by saying I ****ing hate Nextel and Sprint.

I am told i qualify for a upgrade for a discount and pick from a list of phones to upgrade and have them shipped. I did this for two of my lines.

Issue #1 Order takes almost two weeks from an advertised overnight rate.

Issue #2 Apparently the phones I picked were not compatible with Nextel and I had to switch them over to Sprint...Losing my walkie-talkie ability

Issue #3 While transferring my phone they ****ed up and lost my old number and had to give me a new one and then couldn't find a plan and told me my area was out of range and I would have to return the phone.

They fixed the out of area thing...

Issue #4 My phone is broke and keeps restarting(got it yesterday) and they have a 30 day risk free guarentee.

Issue #5 From getting the phone switched over lastnight to getting it replaced today I have(and still counting) spent over 5 hours on hold, talking with wrong depts or getting disconnected.

Issue #6 I have 7 numbers to contact in case I lose connection because of all the depts I get switched to.

Issue #7 Now they are saying they are out of stock and I don't qualify for the discounted price because I just got a new phone(this one) and I will have to pay the standard price to have it shipped out.

Issue #8 After I finally lost my calm they tell me I will have to ship my phone to them first before they will replace it.

Issue #9 In the middle of cussing out this latest person i've been put on hold :)

Issue #10 Since my seperation this is ny only contact number and I can't afford to be without one.

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
It's 9:05 am in my neck of the woods but if that sh!t happened to me I'd need a drink or two. That's horrible customer service BTW ! Try and seek someone who will hear you out and look into the matter. Cussing someone out doesn't help but it sure makes one feel a lot better :)

Did you go to a retail store and seek help there ? I did that once and had my sh!t taken care of very quickly.

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Told me they can't do jack because I ordered from the website and what's even worse is that i'm still on hold and i'm at work so i can't indulge in the spirits just yet. I have been about as patient as anyone could ask up until a few minutes ago. I didn't even give them **** when they fubar'd my old phone number.

With all these changes i'm expecting somehow to be billed a couple thousand dollars next month because I have yet to speak to anyone that speaks English. I guess instead of yelling, "LEARN THE LANGUAGE", I need to learn theirs.

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I was just given another number because I can't get a new phone from this dept. at the same discount...Why should I have to pay for anything when they phone came broke!!!

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
Told me they can't do jack because I ordered from the website and what's even worse is that i'm still on hold and i'm at work so i can't indulge in the spirits just yet. I have been about as patient as anyone could ask up until a few minutes ago. I didn't even give them **** when they fubar'd my old phone number.

With all these changes i'm expecting somehow to be billed a couple thousand dollars next month because I have yet to speak to anyone that speaks English. I guess instead of yelling, "LEARN THE LANGUAGE", I need to learn theirs.
Couple grand ? :wtf: That much money could get you a great cycle ! That sounds like abuse, now I see why you're about to go incredible hulk on them LOL.

I always wondered why no one could fvckin hire someone who speaks English in customer service positions, I guess that would make too much sense but common sense ain't common right ?

warnerve

Awards
  • Established
i hate hearing people do the walkie talkie thing. definitely feel for you on the situation though, it's pretty much impossible to get good customer service over the phone with large companies

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I never really used that feature but the fact I lost it was just adding salt to the wound...I just got transferred again after I asked for a superviser who said I was in the wrong dept and they couldn't help me. I asked her why I was transferred to her if she can't help me and she answered "i don't know"

I said, exactly...Now multiply that times 20 and 4 hours and try to understand how pissed I am at the moment :p

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
i hate hearing people do the walkie talkie thing. definitely feel for you on the situation though, it's pretty much impossible to get good customer service over the phone with large companies
I was told that feature can be used just like a regular phone and that it doesn't have to be used on the speaker phone :frustrate

Good Luck Jay...my pops has had Sprint forever and whenever they do something stupid he calls the billing dept and they give ridiculous free minutes...granted, he's had like five phone lines on his account for at least six or seven years.

jrm

jrm

Awards
I hope I don't regret this...but I work for them in Louisiana. If you're not getting anywhere shoot me an email through here and I'll see what I can do, if anything.

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm still supposedly on hold with them but if all else fails i'll pm you the info. Don't do anything that could get ya in trouble though but if one of these mother****ers try and sell me a wireless pc card one more time before I get my phone issue taken care of i'm going to reach through the phone and rip out their soul :)

jrm

jrm

Awards
Trust me, I feel your pain...try dealing with them day in, day out.

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
They just came back on to tell me the phone was shipped out. Of course after checking to make sure they weren't mixing up the fact that i had a phone on order for an additional line...it was a mix up and i'm back on hold.

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Now they are confusing an additional phone ordered already with this phone and are now trying to tell me that...**** disconnected.

motive

motive

Awards
  • Established
i had sprint for one year and had to cancel them i had so many problems. the worst being... i bought my phone on a military post because it was a better deal for the phone, but they told me i needed to make a deposit for credit reasons. not that i had bad credit but that i was lacking credit so later down the road i called to see why i hadnt recieved my money from the deposit back at the one year mark like i was suppose to. apparently the salesperson keeps the money to himself and never entered it in the system. due to moving so much i didnt have my reciept either. after telling several friends that got their phones at the same place they had the same expierence.
i called sprint to tell them about this problem and they said they have had alot of complaints about that store with the deposits but since their is no reciept theyre hands are tied. next day i droped sprint and now i love cingulair

CRUNCH

CRUNCH

Awards
  • Established
A few years ago I had a HUGE problem with Best Buy (I think I posted that on here a while ago). Anyway, I ended up calling one of the local news stations and they did a story on it. The next day, several months of headaches were resolved with lot's of butt-kissing from Best Buy.

That really hit them where it hurts... bad TV publicity!

Ya never know, could be worth a shot and the revenge aspect for me was awesome!!

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
Sorry to hear about your seperation.

I've had many nightmare stories with phone companies. It's very very aggrivating.

You could always transfer your number to a different service provider, get a brand new phone (that works) and possibly some better customer care.

My phones from verizon **** the bed, as well as my insurance refurbed phones they sent as replacement. I ended up switching my provider, breaking my contract but Im happier now.

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
The problem is cutting the contracts short and paying the 250 a pop.

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
I've replied before about Best Buy and I'll do it again. They are one of the shadiest companies under the sun. I used to work there for a few months and all the business practices that transpired were beyond unethical. The worst part about it was management knew and didn't care.

Don't go there, and don't buy their b.s. policies that don't do anything. Take it from someone who knows on the inside.

jomi822

jomi822

Banned
Awards
  • Established
id walk into a store and raise holy hell in front of 20 of their customers and tell them to shove that "well you bought it online so we cant help you" bull**** up their asses

ryano

Awards
  • Established
Sorry to hear that buddy.
Same here...

My sister is going through a seperation with her husband...I have three nephews and I worry about them alot. I hope everything works out for the better for you.

TarHeelTrainer

Awards
Jayhawkk,
If you havent gotten it all straighened out yet call them back and ask for the "save" dept. They are by far the most helpful customer service people at sprint/nextel...and they speak english.
Also, google "sprint SERO" and see if that gives you any more options.

ryano

Awards
  • Established
I used to have sprint for work...I would get some of my messages like a day or two later...customer service sucked..coverage sucked. Bunch o donkeys

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I need a sprint employee to give me a email for the SERO thing to work...

Yeah, I will get voicemail day(s) after I supposedly get them. Just went from 0 to 11 a few minutes ago with a majority of them sent on the 26th and 27th of July.

jrm

jrm

Awards
I need a sprint employee to give me a email for the SERO thing to work...

Yeah, I will get voicemail day(s) after I supposedly get them. Just went from 0 to 11 a few minutes ago with a majority of them sent on the 26th and 27th of July.
Power your phone off daily.

jrm

jrm

Awards
Jayhawkk,
If you havent gotten it all straighened out yet call them back and ask for the "save" dept. They are by far the most helpful customer service people at sprint/nextel...and they speak english.
Also, google "sprint SERO" and see if that gives you any more options.

Ask for the Retention Dept.

jrm

jrm

Awards
id walk into a store and raise holy hell in front of 20 of their customers and tell them to shove that "well you bought it online so we cant help you" bull**** up their asses
Raising hell doesn't make anyone want to help you. And the online stuff isn't B.S. If you bought a Ford from Dealer X, but want Dealer Y to take it back, it just doesn't work.

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I don't raise hell until I know that i'm not getting any help and I just want to vent before accepting my defeat :)

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
No, don't go flying into an uncontrollable anger. In wake of Chris Benoit's death we don't need 'roid rage as another culprit to blame. If ur gonna hurt them, do it in a very clam and respectful manner.

jrm

jrm

Awards
Any specific length of time, or just off then on again?
Is it a Sprint, or Nextel?

If it's a Sprint, just power it off, then right back on if you need it on 24 hours a day. I would also dial *2 and ask for a PRL update. Also, I would go into settings and find the Software Update application and start it. That should cover all your bases.

If it's a Nextel, power if off the same way. Let me know if it is infact a Nextel and I'll instruct you on a master reset and setting the forwards.

jomi822

jomi822

Banned
Awards
  • Established
i currently have verizon. when turned in my phone for a new one they informed me int he store that the activation fee was $10, but that i could easily do it by myself by simply dialing a number.

i got home, dialed the activation number...and nothing. i called customer service and they led me through the steps, still nothing.

finally, 8 representatives later i went back to the store, and they told me to dial the activation number (for about the 50th time). at that point i allowed my anger to vent in front of about 20 of their customers, giving a synopsis of my experience with them so far over the issue. nothing like bad publicity.

long story short they waived the $10 activation fee, the idiot behind the counter had entered the wrong ESN number into the computer, which is why my phone wouldnt activate. 8 reprensentatives managed to not be able to catch this.

CRUNCH

CRUNCH

Awards
  • Established
Is it a Sprint, or Nextel?

If it's a Sprint, just power it off, then right back on if you need it on 24 hours a day. I would also dial *2 and ask for a PRL update. Also, I would go into settings and find the Software Update application and start it. That should cover all your bases.

If it's a Nextel, power if off the same way. Let me know if it is infact a Nextel and I'll instruct you on a master reset and setting the forwards.
Oops...sorry, it's T-Mobile service and Motorola phone.