Deodorant/antiperspirant

jrm

jrm

Awards
Had no idea where to post this, but figured I'd give it a shot here. Does anyone know of any overly effective antiperspirant? Already being a large guy and the supplements I take cause me to sweat, a lot. I've tried everything and have to change each time I buy because I grow immune to it. Any suggestions?

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Speed stick Antiperspirant. It's cheap, it's effective, and drys up the underarm lakes.

jrm

jrm

Awards
I need serious stuff. Thinking about Botox in the pits.

Mrs. Gimpy!

Mrs. Gimpy!

Awards
  • Established
I need serious stuff. Thinking about Botox in the pits.
:jaw: that sounds really uncomfortable..... i like dove, i know its for women but kwyck likes it better than any other stuff and he sweats ALOT.....

neoborn

neoborn

Awards
  • Established
I know I am most likely not with the majority here but I want you to know that you perspire for a reason, you are designed that way.

Honestly you need to sweat. Ok so how about the smell? Well the smell is something that we should definitely do something about:
"Bromhidrosis or body odor (also called bromidrosis, osmidrosis and ozochrotia) is the smell of bacteria growing on the body. These bacteria multiply considerably in the presence of sweat, but sweat itself is almost totally odourless. Body odor is associated with the hair, feet, groin (upper medial thigh), anus, skin in general, armpits, genitals, pubic hair, and mouth."
I found at one point, 5 + years ago that I didn't want to stop the perspiring as my body is meant to do that, but I really needed to stop the smell and conventional methods had stopped working. I was getting desperate.

I then was told by my father in law about "Naturally Fresh" this stuff is freaking awesome. I still sweat but all it does is kills the bacteria that cause the smell. I bought two sticks that have lasted me 5 + years:

TCCD International, Inc.- Crystal Deodorant Products

There are things you find out in life that hit your top ten best products list, this product was profound for me and changed my life :toofunny: I know it sounds corny but it did....honestly

Check it.

Much love,

Neoborn

jrm

jrm

Awards
I don't have a smell problem, but I have tried the crystals before. I know we all sweat, but this is excessive. Just wanting to know if anyone had any suggestions before I see a dr about it.

Jumper

Jumper

Awards
Certain Dri. This will work in most cases. 12% Aluminum Chloride is the active ingredient. Follow the directions. Put it on before bed. Good Luck

jrm

jrm

Awards
Certain Dri. This will work in most cases. 12% Aluminum Chloride is the active ingredient. Follow the directions. Put it on before bed. Good Luck

Been there, done that. Stopped working after six days, but those five days leading up to it it worked awesome!

bLacKjAck.

bLacKjAck.

Lift Heavy
Awards
  • Established
I put a washcloth under my shirt where my armpit is, and take it out about 2pm....I get off work at 5pm and then I can take my shirt off...

jrm

jrm

Awards
Stopped by Walgreens after work today...The "Lakes" had spilled to the end of my sleeves. Giving Certain Dri a shot again...they have a companion, Certain Dri AM, to use in conjunction with it. So guess I'll see how it goes this time around.

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
Does anybody else get sweaty crotch too or is it just me ?

jrm

jrm

Awards
Not sitting still like I do with my underarms, but when I work out or anything physical...yeah

Sunder

Sunder

Awards
  • Established
Drysol is the most powerful anti-p I've ever used.
It's OTC in Canada, but I'm not sure if you need a prescription or not in the States.

It may be very similar to Certain Dri, but I'm not sure or familiar with that.

To be honest, I've stopped wearing anti-p about 10 yrs ago, and find I personally sweat LESS with just deodorant. In my mind, anti-p's were like a dam...they stopped the sweat for a while, but eventually when the dam breaks - it's like a whole stream, lol.
Deodorant just evaporates it before you feel it maybe?
Then again, I workout at noon, so I'm showering 2-3 times a day anyways, lol.

But I'm not making a joke here, I'm actually being serious. If it's really that extremely bad, have you thought about putting "panty liners" or even thin maxi pads under your arms? They're made to collect liquid...

On another note, I also personally avoid anti-p's because I'm worried that the aluminum will be detrimental to my neurological health...and I have to keep those last couple of synaptic pathways I have left working, lol. ;)

Oh yeah, and if you haven't already done so - shave your armpits .

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I have somewhat a similar problem that started about 2-3 months ago, I guess. I can get out of the shower and start sweating that leaves an odor but it isn't like the typical funcky BO from not showering or using some kind of deodorant. It's a musky(i guess is the proper term) smell and it is more centered around my torso than my crotch or armpits. When I work out it gets really bad so I carry several hand towels with me to keep it to a minimum.

it's odd because I don't eat spicy foods and I haven't really changed anything I do as far as supplements/detergants etc.

neoborn

neoborn

Awards
  • Established
I have somewhat a similar problem that started about 2-3 months ago, I guess. I can get out of the shower and start sweating that leaves an odor but it isn't like the typical funcky BO from not showering or using some kind of deodorant. It's a musky(i guess is the proper term) smell and it is more centered around my torso than my crotch or armpits. When I work out it gets really bad so I carry several hand towels with me to keep it to a minimum.

it's odd because I don't eat spicy foods and I haven't really changed anything I do as far as supplements/detergants etc.
Jay please look this up on google or talk to someone about it. Any strangeness / out of the ordinary should be investigated.

Is this right:

1. You sweat around your midsection?

2. It has an odor of "x"?

jomi822

jomi822

Banned
Awards
  • Established
dry sol is amazing. once before bed, and once in the morning and you wont sweat a DROP all day. its extremely powerful but can be irritable.

and yes you need a prescription for it in the states.

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yeah Neo, i'll bring it up on my follow up with my doc but i'm not too worried about it. It's more annoying/embarassing than anything else. i looked up symptoms and found that it didn't match with anything serious.