Greg Kovacs

CRUNCH

CRUNCH

Awards
  • Established
Haven't heard his name for a while. Also used to hear some scary stories about all the gas he was on.

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Haven't heard his name for a while. Also used to hear some scary stories about all the gas he was on.
what gas?

how old is that guy? He looks pretty old. Extreme AAS abuse is written all over him....he's probably hiding somewhere shriveled up and depressed or he is 600lbs now! lol.

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
He was a giant that they once thought might have some potential, but he's looking more like a freakshow in his last few appearances. Haven't heard anything about him for a while either. Hope he's trying some clean living.

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
Greg Kovacs was Muscle-Tech's poster child around 2000. Every time there was an advertisement he was spewed all over the pictures and always at expos dubbed 'The Largest Bodybuilder in the world."

I believe he was 6'5" and weighed nearly 400lbs. He abused anabolics and insulin and all the above to the extreme. Rumor had it he was using 10,000mg of test/week.

CRUNCH

CRUNCH

Awards
  • Established
LMAO!! Lots of Celltech, I heard he abused creatine.

PumpingIron

Awards
  • Established
The dude was pushed by muscle tech to do those contest...i think he pulled out of all of them from cramping, etc.

He is a powerlifter now...and thats most definitely what he wants to be doing.

Jstrong20

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Greg Kovacs was Muscle-Tech's poster child around 2000. Every time there was an advertisement he was spewed all over the pictures and always at expos dubbed 'The Largest Bodybuilder in the world."

I believe he was 6'5" and weighed nearly 400lbs. He abused anabolics and insulin and all the above to the extreme. Rumor had it he was using 10,000mg of test/week.
Yeah he was 400lbs just like muscle tech products are the strongest thing ever.lol I've seen him in person and the adds are full of ****. I remeber the one when they had a pic of his arm and claimed it was 27 inches.lol He was large but nothing like a coleman or rhul. I don't think he was 6'5'' from what I'd remeber he may have been 6'2'' or so.

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
Yeah he was 400lbs just like muscle tech products are the strongest thing ever.lol I've seen him in person and the adds are full of ****. I remeber the one when they had a pic of his arm and claimed it was 27 inches.lol He was large but nothing like a coleman or rhul. I don't think he was 6'5'' from what I'd remeber he may have been 6'2'' or so.
Now that you mention it I think you are right about his height. I checked it again on the internet and he's around 6'2 or 6'3. I'm not sure quite what he is up to anymore. There was someone who said Greg used to work out at his gym, and he never did freeweights, he only used machines....I'm not sure if this is true or not, but that is what was said.

At any rate, he's better off being a powerlifter vs. bodybuilder.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
I didn't know Greg competed in Powerlifting. I know he has a brother who was pretty successful in Powerlifting.

ItsHectic

Awards
  • Established
Seriously, what is going on with that gut. Is that really caused by GH?

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
His gut and legs look horrible in one pic. He had no business up on stage during that second pic.

ItsHectic

Awards
  • Established

Id love to see wtf shows up under an MRI of that.

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Seriously, what is going on with that gut. Is that really caused by GH?
Yes. You have the most IGF receptors in the instestines. GH 'abuse' leads to greater intestinal growth than muscle growth.

BTW, if you look back a ways, Greg was pretty c*ck diesel back in the late 80's/early 90's when he was in his prime.

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yes. You have the most IGF receptors in the instestines. GH 'abuse' leads to greater intestinal growth than muscle growth.

BTW, if you look back a ways, Greg was pretty c*ck diesel back in the late 80's/early 90's when he was in his prime.
that statement is true but, even during the bulking phase when pro's pack in enormous amounts of food, does your viscereal fat grow as well. I agree nowadays the big guts are usually from GH and IGF but, viscereal fat can play a part to as it is the last bit of fat to leave the body.

How about posting some pics next time poodle boy :icon_lol:

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
Well, there you go.......if Greg can have ripped love handles then anything is possible.

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
that statement is true but, even during the bulking phase when pro's pack in enormous amounts of food, does your viscereal fat grow as well. I agree nowadays the big guts are usually from GH and IGF but, viscereal fat can play a part to as it is the last bit of fat to leave the body.

How about posting some pics next time poodle boy :icon_lol:
IGF is hella lipolytic. How would it increase fat tissues?

Sorry for not posting pics (fag!) I was runnin' late for work.

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
IGF is hella lipolytic. How would it increase fat tissues?

Sorry for not posting pics (fag!) I was runnin' late for work.
i dont think it does i thought it increased intestinal growth?

you slimy stink colon

gotripped

gotripped

Banned
Awards
  • Established
gh generally causes intestinal growth...well growth for everything but increased in the intestines due to their high amount of igf receptor cells. anywho it also causes an enlarged head. if you look at pictures of jay cutler in 2000 and then pictures in 2006 olympia his head has gotten much larger and the "gh gut" as well.

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
I just looked at that. I can tell the most by his jaw line. Such a shame.