spouse madd about supplement costs !

powerchord

powerchord

Awards
Hey guys, i was just wondering do anybody else here go through greif from their spouse about the money you spend on supplements ?

i get Shi^ on all the time, saying its a waste of money !!

LOL

Totality

Totality

Banned
Awards
I get the same grief. You are not alone. I usually dont listen to it, its amazing how you can learn to be a selective sleeper

joecski

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I get the same grief. You are not alone. I usually dont listen to it, its amazing how you can learn to be a selective sleeper
A few years ago when I was getting into the whole weightlifting deal, my wife used to ***** as well that I was wasting too much cash. I explained it was my hobby, just her like DVD collection, multiple novels sitting in the bookcase that won't get read,and 176 pairs of shoes she owns because she likes to go shopping. That stopped that complaints.

powerchord

powerchord

Awards
I told her, everytime she comes home with a new shirt or shoes. i'm buying a tub of protein powder or other supp.

my supplement pile grows every day !!

HEHE

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Get her to lift with you. Then it will be a joint supplement spending venture. I want more supps then the hubby does..lol

ShakesAllDay

ShakesAllDay

Awards
  • Established
i get Shi^ on all the time, saying its a waste of money !!
LOL
My wife is in the *waste of money* boat, too. Which is a tad bit discouraging, because she obviously thinks it's a waste because she doesn't notice a difference in my physique. I notice even the most subtle day-to-day differences.

Of course, I must admit, the thousands I've spent on supplements over the last few years could have been put to much better use other than being a guinea pig for the drug dealers. But, I digress...

From now on, the only supplements I'm spending money on are:

1.) protein
2.) creatine monohydrate
3.) stims/thermos

To Hell w/ everything else.

joecski

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Get her to lift with you. Then it will be a joint supplement spending venture. I want more supps then the hubby does..lol
I did this, she won't lift but is getting into the cardio thing. I can't see how anyone could do an hour on the treadmill, but more power to her. She usually buys vitamins and such, but she is now taking fish oil caps and supplementing with protein. I guess when she saw that All The Whey had a women's line then protein powder became a good thing.

The biggest benefit to having her on the team now is that food shopping is easier than ever. She will gladly eat sweet potatoes, brown rice, and whole wheat pastas with me and has grown to love chicken breasts and lean cuts of meat. I can't get her into too much fish yet, but we're getting there. makes my life much easier than when we had two different types of food in the house, ice cream, cookies, and pizza were too tempting for me.

bLacKjAck.

bLacKjAck.

Lift Heavy
Awards
  • Established
ur def. preaching to the crowd.

My solution was become a rep for a company you believe in ;)

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I did this, she won't lift but is getting into the cardio thing. I can't see how anyone could do an hour on the treadmill, but more power to her. She usually buys vitamins and such, but she is now taking fish oil caps and supplementing with protein. I guess when she saw that All The Whey had a women's line then protein powder became a good thing.

The biggest benefit to having her on the team now is that food shopping is easier than ever. She will gladly eat sweet potatoes, brown rice, and whole wheat pastas with me and has grown to love chicken breasts and lean cuts of meat. I can't get her into too much fish yet, but we're getting there. makes my life much easier than when we had two different types of food in the house, ice cream, cookies, and pizza were too tempting for me.

Sounds great, its fun to do it together and your right about the food shopping, helps big time with temptation. Although I hate fish too,lol. But it does mean I supp with fish oil.

Get her online, it doesnt have to say its for women for her to take it. I have over 17 things I take a day. Sounds like she is making the start to working out more and supplementing. Soon she will be on to some of the machines, then in bugging you on the free weights. Once she realises that muscle burns more fat resting then cardio she'll want some of that muscle! Sounds like you two are doing it right!!!

Squeaks4ver

Squeaks4ver

Awards
  • Established
sometimes you might have to look at it from our eyes. we don't know, and even you guys have no real idea what you are putting into your body. I am sure a select few really really understand all of these chemicals but the majority i feel just end up repeating things they heard. they don't want you to die.. and they think you will because they are not informed.

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
sometimes you might have to look at it from our eyes. we don't know, and even you guys have no real idea what you are putting into your body. I am sure a select few really really understand all of these chemicals but the majority i feel just end up repeating things they heard. they don't want you to die.. and they think you will because they are not informed.
That's pretty much the hitting the nail for my situation.

Totality

Totality

Banned
Awards
I agreee squeaks to an extent. I hear over and over from the Mrs. that I am killing myself. I highly doubt the concerns but I respect them none the less

snakebyte05

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
so many things can be seen as a waste of money. Just go through all your day to day routines that you do along with your wife. Does anyone need that coffee from starbucks? What about all the makeup women buy, to some that can be seen as a waste, or eating out frequently just for the heck of it. Everyone uses money in some way that another sees as being wasteful. You just gotta respect other peoples choice of what they would like to spend their money on (as long as its in moderation, some will spend more than they can afford in which case there is a problem.)

ItsHectic

Awards
  • Established
Next bulking phase add an extra 50g of fat each day, and when she asks about the gut tell her youve been skipping the suppliments.