pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
check it out.

Alien Vs. Predator : Own the Battle on DVD

click on the usa site and watch the trailer(s)....there are over 6 scenes. Looks better than the first. What you guys think. AVP movie was something that i read about when i was 12 or so it took so long to actually come out and the first was cool but pretty short and dissappointing. Hope this one delivers! Anyone play the video game at the arcade? A scroller type game....I spent a good $100 on that a circus circus back in the day haha.

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
That vids no longer availble man.

CNizz

CNizz

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
im looking forward to part 2 because Paul Anderson wont be able to screw it up like he did the first one and the resident evil series, there is so much potential in the AVP series, i hated how one alien killed 2/3 of the predators and that the movie was only 1:15 running time, this one better kick it up a notch! That was one of my favorite arcades too Piston, next to the sidescroller X-men box

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
im looking forward to part 2 because Paul Anderson wont be able to screw it up like he did the first one and the resident evil series, there is so much potential in the AVP series, i hated how one alien killed 2/3 of the predators and that the movie was only 1:15 running time, this one better kick it up a notch! That was one of my favorite arcades too Piston, next to the sidescroller X-men box
right hahah..... they also had a simpsons one but that wasnt exactly up to par with the xmen and avp. Yeah the new Resident Evil looks dope too, what also killed AVP was the PG-13 rating. Look at Alien 2 etc. I mean cmon these are thrillers we need gore we need launguage all that right?! AVP reminded me of Freddy vs Jason. weak sauce.

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Funny you should mention Paul A. as my brother and I where just talking about how crappy a director he has been lately. All though I did enjoy Soldier and Event Horizion. Who's directing AVP2 anyway?

CNizz

CNizz

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
im pretty sure it is the creature effects coordinator from the 1st movie, they were at the horror convention but i was getting sigs from the Phantasm cast and missed hearing them talk about the new movie, im not familiar with any other movies the director has done from this one

CNizz

CNizz

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
They just announced a change to the title for Comicon this year, AVP 2 will now be AVP2: No Peace On Earth. I think the original title was much better, this one sounds tacky

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
They just announced a change to the title for Comicon this year, AVP 2 will now be AVP2: No Peace On Earth. I think the original title was much better, this one sounds tacky
yeah the old one i like better. Is there any sneak trailers around? not that i can watch it right now but.....

CNizz

CNizz

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
i havent seen anything posted but if i do come across something i will be sure to post, im really interested in the direction they are going to take this one, but from what i have heard it is going to be in a small midwestern town, and i dont think they are going to follow up on the alien/predator hybrid

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
The hybrid would have been interesting to see. Probably budget conscience with this one though. That costume would have probably costed a pretty penny.

I agree on the new title..sounds a little tacky and the original was much better. They should have went with AVP2: You thought Ewoks where mean

CNizz

CNizz

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
lol, or AVP2TOWBBTTFO: This One Will Be Better Than The First One

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
The first AVP was soooo stupid, the next one is really going to have to be good to get me to go to the theater.

AVP as so much potential as a series with it's mixed themes and wide appeal to all sorts of nerds...but they screwed that first one so badly and made it a sort of crappy icing on the Alien 3 and 4 cakes.

CNizz

CNizz

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
bio if you get the chance grab the directors cut of Alien 3, that used to be my least favorite of the series but the directors cut adds 40 minutes of extended scenes, character development, and creature FX that actually makes it considerably better (1000000x better than resurrection at least)

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
What was resurrection anyways? I'm still trying to figure that horrible movie out. Nothing will ever top cameron's take on Aliens.

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
If these directors **** up the next 'AVP', Im going to hunt them down and put them in the hospital.

AVP was AWFUL!! A W F U L!!!!! They took what could have been the coolest sci-fi action horror epic and pussified it beyond what I could have even imagined. Why couldnt they have just follwed a Dark Horse comic script, or even the AVP PC game?(which is STILL kick ass, BTW)

Id like to slap that dude right in the mouth for that PG-13 rated crap.

BV

CNizz

CNizz

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
AVP on PC was probably the best FPS i have ever played, i love that game to death, Doom 3 is great but nothing beats heat vision and brain eating

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
AVP on PC was probably the best FPS i have ever played, i love that game to death, Doom 3 is great but nothing beats heat vision and brain eating
Hell yea, even with the older graphics its still scary to play on a dark night. I wish they'd do an updated version for DX10!

CNizz

CNizz

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
i never got a chance to play the sequel, was it an improvement on the original? i still cant understand why they have never managed to release a decent port of AVP to any of the consoles, every console AVP game has been horrible

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
i never got a chance to play the sequel, was it an improvement on the original? i still cant understand why they have never managed to release a decent port of AVP to any of the consoles, every console AVP game has been horrible
AVP 2/Gold was indeed better than AVP1 - better graphics, better story, and better controls. I dont know if its still published, but you can find the bittorrent on isohunt.com.

Another killer, modern game is Half Life 2 - while not based ont he AVP Universe it's kinda freaky in its own way. Great story line and outstanding graphics.

CNizz

CNizz

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
i love Half life, storywise it blows Doom away, although for my taste nothing beats the darker atmosphere of the space station infested with demons, i almost crap myself playing alone in the dark

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
i love Half life, storywise it blows Doom away, although for my taste nothing beats the darker atmosphere of the space station infested with demons, i almost crap myself playing alone in the dark
I still havent played Doom3...geez it took me 5 months just to get through FarCry:)

CNizz

CNizz

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
i literally bought an Xbox to get it, i waited til last august to buy my xbox but all of the games were finally 5-10 $$ so it was finally time

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, waiting for the 360's to come way down in price so I can play the newer scarey games.

Doom 3 is pretty dang scarey to play in the dark.

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Doom 3 is pretty dang scarey to play in the dark.
IMO nothing will ever top the original Resident Evil, played at about 2am with nobody in the house but me. Talk about life changing.

CNizz

CNizz

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
the original was scary, the original remade for the gamecube was terrifying, i love that game too, the graphics are friggin amazing and i still jump when the pinscher jumps through the window

PumpYouUp

PumpYouUp

Awards
  • Established
Please for Scary was the first AVP at 2 am on the comp, I thought I torched all the aliens outta this lab, Then BAM a ****ing face hugger is on my screen. THat **** sucked!
The only zombies that were scary was the leepers? or the ones like the face hugger, crawl anywhere and jump out at you from the darkness.

CNizz

CNizz

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
the snake freaked me out, and i didnt see the shark coming, but that hallway at the beginning with the pane of glass that breaks and then the dogs was the worst

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
If they **** up another alien movie, Im going to personally drive to their houses and kick each of them in the balls. Seriously.

BV

CNizz

CNizz

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
from the looks of it it will be a sequel, i hope that wasnt just conceptual art but that it will be included in the film

T

Tiberius

Awards
  • Established
Funny you should mention Paul A. as my brother and I where just talking about how crappy a director he has been lately. All though I did enjoy Soldier and Event Horizion. Who's directing AVP2 anyway?
Littel trivia on Soldier. Did you know it's based in the Blade Runner universe? The Jason Scott Lee character is the same kind of Replicant Rutger Hauer's character was in Blade Runner.

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Littel trivia on Soldier. Did you know it's based in the Blade Runner universe? The Jason Scott Lee character is the same kind of Replicant Rutger Hauer's character was in Blade Runner.
really? hmmmm....

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
I did not know that. Too bad the acting/directing in Soldier can't hold a candle to Blade Runner.

neoborn

neoborn

Awards
  • Established
IMO nothing will ever top the original Resident Evil, played at about 2am with nobody in the house but me. Talk about life changing.
Resident evil ftw. Those dogs jumping through the windows made me jump like a b!tch.

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
That's interesting... guess Paul A is a Ridley Scott fan. To bad Harrison didn't have a Russell model to whoop some a$$ for him.

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
No ****! That's really cool - Soldier and Event Horizon are definitely two of my favorites...

BV

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
i liked blade runner, kinda wish they did another one with harrison ford.

T

Tiberius

Awards
  • Established
No ****! That's really cool - Soldier and Event Horizon are definitely two of my favorites...

BV
Soldier was written by David Peoples. He also co-wrote Blade Runner. He has explicitly stated that he wrote Soldier as a "sidequel" to Blade Runner.

There are small references to Blade Runner sprinkled in the film. For example, on Russell's character's list of battles he'd been in Tanhauser Gate is listed. Plus the chick reads some stuff on Russel's arm and one says "Tanhauser Gate" and the guy near her says "Tanhauser Gate was a Battle." If you remember, Roy Batty (Rtuger Hauer's character in Blade Runner) also participated in the Battle of Tanhauser Gate.

It also says on the computer screen Russell's character was in a battle at The Shoulder of Orion, which Roy Batty also mentions in Blade Runner.

There's a Blade Runner flying car in that junk town the people live on that planet. It's in a Christmas scene IIRC.

And to top it all off, the original script called for the opening scene to actually BE the Battle of Tanhauser Gate. Budget didn't allow it though.

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Ya' man that's what I'm talking about!!

CNizz

CNizz

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
awesome clip Piston, sounds like they know exactly where they went wrong before and it should be much better than the first!

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
well if released as planned we will find out at the end of the year. I cant wait, maybe a trailer will be out soon...

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
Oh **** - rated R is a good start!! They've got a lot of catching up to do - AVP1 SUCKED.

CNizz

CNizz

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I only wish Resident Evil would follow in suit, and move back towards Horror rather than the Action movie the series has become. The games were much more frightening, I can wait to actually be scared by the aliens and predators in this new one

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I only wish Resident Evil would follow in suit, and move back towards Horror rather than the Action movie the series has become. The games were much more frightening, I can wait to actually be scared by the aliens and predators in this new one
Hopefully it'll be that good.