Dinosaurs in the Garden of Eden... - AnabolicMinds.com - Page 3

Dinosaurs in the Garden of Eden...

Page 3 of 10 First 123458 ... Last
  1. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'9"  114 lbs.

I don't give that many people that live in our world today that much credit, that they would know what eats what by looking at teeth. We eat meat but by the looks of our teeth, we shouldn't maybe.. i dont know it could be a bad example but i just think humans are naturally stupid

2. Banned
    Stats
    6'1"  281 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Squeaks4ver View Post
    I don't give that many people that live in our world today that much credit, that they would know what eats what by looking at teeth. We eat meat but by the looks of our teeth, we shouldn't maybe.. i dont know it could be a bad example but i just think humans are naturally stupid
    LOL. yeah humans are stupid. thats why i talk to as few as possible.
  3. I know nothing...

Quote Originally Posted by Chad View Post
    LOL. yeah humans are stupid. thats why i talk to as few as possible.

LOL It's why you never talk to yourself.

Ok, J/K, you know I love ya!
    •   

4. I know nothing...

Why does it say God created world in six days, when technically time didn't exist. Answer: so people would be able to wrap their minds around it. Those six days in the Bible can easily be 6 million or 6 billion years. Just because God created this world doesn't mean evolution doesn't exist. But humans didn't evolve from a single cell and as far as know science failed to prove how life occured on Earth without God or where did everything come from? And don't tell me it was a "BIG ****ing BOOM barabing."
  5. Banned
    Stats
    6'1"  281 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by DmitryWI View Post
    LOL It's why you never talk to yourself.

Ok, J/K, you know I love ya!
    i love you more pumpkin butt!!!!
  6. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  205 lbs.

Why does it say God created world in six days, when technically time didn't exist. Answer: so people would be able to wrap their minds around it. Those six days in the Bible can easily be 6 million or 6 billion years. Just because God created this world doesn't mean evolution doesn't exist. But humans didn't evolve from a single cell and as far as know science failed to prove how life occured on Earth without God or where did everything come from? And don't tell me it was a "BIG ****ing BOOM barabing."
    Why did it take God 6 days?!
    He's God...
    And, why did he need to rest?!
  7. I know nothing...

Quote Originally Posted by EESCHMan View Post
    Why did it take God 6 days?!
    He's God...
    And, why did he need to rest?!
    It was my point, He didn't need 6 days, 6 days doesn't mean anything, people who wrote Bible needed some kind of timeline. That's all. He didn't need rest on seventh day, but He wanted people to rest on seventh day.
    I know you are being sarcastic, but I answered anyway...
  8. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'0"  228 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

... But humans didn't evolve from a single cell and as far as know science failed to prove how life occured on Earth without God or where did everything come from? ...
    I totally agree. Humans did not develop from a single cell. That concept is truly impossible to get from that to this by random chance and can be disproved over and over all day if you like.

Divine favoritisms for life (aka: providence) has to be an inherent character built directly into the fabric of the universe because random events only result in compounded entropy, not increased order! If that were true, why don't you dig a hole in the ground and find a fully developed clock or stopwatch from time to time? It just doesn't work that way, that's why! Don't you think if man has been here long enough to develop naturally, something far less complex with far fewer moving parts like a stopwatch would have developed first? Yeah, statistically is should have, that's why only a fool says there is no god, duh!

Science fails to prove how life occurred on earth without God, but it does support that God is in fact the cause and demonstrates that it really could not have occurred otherwise.
  9. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  205 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by DR.D View Post
    I totally agree. Humans did not develop from a single cell. That concept is truly impossible to get from that to this by random chance and can be disproved over and over all day if you like.

Divine favoritisms for life (aka: providence) has to be an inherent character built directly into the fabric of the universe because random events only result in compounded entropy, not increased order! If that were true, why don't you dig a hole in the ground and find a fully developed clock or stopwatch from time to time? It just doesn't work that way, that's why! Don't you think if man has been here long enough to develop naturally, something far less complex with far fewer moving parts like a stopwatch would have developed first? Yeah, statistically is should have, that's why only a fool says there is no god, duh!

Science fails to prove how life occurred on earth without God, but it does support that God is in fact the cause and demonstrates that it really could not have occurred otherwise.
    ugh...that has never been brought up before (sarcasm)...and has been refuted.
    How is it that 93% of the National Academy of Science do not believe in a god, and TOTALLY accept evolution?!

Why is it that since we're god's children and he created everything for us...why did he stick us on this small planet in this huge cosmos?
    Seems like a waste of space!
  10. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'9"  114 lbs.

what is space, or a large amount of space to someone or something that has no need for it.
  11. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  205 lbs.

what is space, or a large amount of space to someone or something that has no need for it.
    Space to us...we are the one's who have the ability of knowing that we are a "speck" in this universe, so what's the point of that...
    Why isn't it just earth and nothing else?
  12. Unbreakable
    Board Moderator

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Dog and Cat Theology...

was in the news. A friend found an old newspaper clipping from March 2004 on a Missouri Baptist University Spring Lecture Series on "Cat and Dog Theology". The seminar thrust was to challenge postmodern thought that interprets the Bible only through personal experiences. (In defense of postmoderns, has a credible hermeneutic such as using Scripture to interpret Scripture been consistently taught in the plethora of church movements and fads, Bible studies and Christian books that flood the evangelical market?)

The seminar described two Christian viewpoints with a dog and cat metaphor. The dog is described as believing, "You pet me, You feed me, You shelter me, and You love me. You must be God." Whereas the cat's intrinsic belief is described as, "you pet Me, you feed Me, you shelter Me, and you love Me. I must be God."

Gerald Robinson, one of the speakers, stated, "The average true believer says the Bible is all about God, but lives as if humanity is...Humanity often replaces God on the throne." Bob Sjogren, co-authored with Robinson, challenged the listeners to switch from "me-ology" to theology. Theology being accurately described as the study of God in Scripture that reveals God to be the main character and not humanity.

From Genesis 1:1, "In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth." Man doesn't even enter the world stage until the 6th day when with his life companion in hand, he and she very quickly begin to egocentricize the harmony of the garden to that of meeting their felt needs.

Genesis 3:6, "When the woman saw that the fruit of the tree was good for food and pleasing to the eye, and also desirable for gaining wisdom, she took some and ate it. She also gave some to her husband, who was with her, and he ate it."

Good, pleasing, and desirable--now there are some words of personal experiential interpretative standard, for sure. I'm not dinging personal experiences because obviously God gives those too, He is the sovereign One. He knows the frailty of our physicality and allows events to occur that like a child touching a hot stove or feeling a mother's caress, remind us in our flesh of the power of His hand. However, when personal experiences in this case, or in any other, were, or are, held only to that of man's wisdom, a limited entity, and not to God's wisdom, an unlimited and infinite entity, trouble happeneth. And it still does today.

Personal experience as an interpretative standard alone, without Scriptural parameters of God's instructions, from His Word, fails. "He who trusts in himself is a fool, but he who walks in wisdom is kept safe." Proverbs 28:26

God alone must be the study in our -ology. "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight. Do not be wise in your own eyes; fear the Lord and shun evil." Proverbs 3:5-7

But here's my question, what do you think God feels thinks about herding cats?

A Complete Thought...: Dog and Cat Theology...

P.S. don't act like a pussey....cat
  13. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'9"  114 lbs.

maybe it is all for us. maybe we just have a very hard time thinking outside of our little brain. I think half the fun of our collective life and lives is getting to the point where we can do anything and everything..but first we have to grow.
  14. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'0"  228 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

ugh...that has never been brought up before (sarcasm)...and has been refuted.
    How is it that 93% of the National Academy of Science do not believe in a god, and TOTALLY accept evolution?!

Why is it that since we're god's children and he created everything for us...why did he stick us on this small planet in this huge cosmos?
    Seems like a waste of space!
    Hmm, because they're stupid? I don't know why they stay blind! The Bible predicts that they will though. It is foolishness to those whom make their own standards.

I already told you, God is the ultimate liberal! It seems like overkill or waste of space to your limited understanding, but it's really just a testimony to the glory of God. He did it just to blow you away. He did it this way just because He could and to show you who He is. You even resist that though and it's the most obvious of His signs!
  15. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  205 lbs.

Hmm, because they're stupid? I don't know why they stay blind! The Bible predicts that they will though. It is foolishness to those whom make their own standards.

I already told you, God is the ultimate liberal! It seems like overkill or waste of space to your limited understanding, but it's really just a testimony to the glory of God. He did it just to blow you away. He did it this way just because He could and to show you who He is. You even resist that though and it's the most obvious of His signs!
    yeah, you're right...they're stupid (sarcasm)

I've said this somewhere else:

what would the earth/universe look like if there wasn't a god?

EXACTLY THE WAY IT LOOKS NOW!

You (religious people) have to make up excuses as to why a loving god allows suffering, attrocities, natural disasters, birth defects, etc...

If there wasn't a god these things would happen and you'd have to except them, not justify a reason for why...
  16. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'9"  114 lbs.

free will gives us a bunch of awesome feelings, but it also lets us suffer. take the good with the bad..
  17. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  205 lbs.

free will gives us a bunch of awesome feelings, but it also lets us suffer. take the good with the bad..
    Ah, the free will argument...

How does that "excuse" god from natural disasters, birth defects, etc?
  18. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'9"  114 lbs.

God never said he would protect our bodies. God's creation is not the human body, its the light and soul with in us. that is what is created in "his" image.

Body is a body, if it dies, hippy, it dies. It is suppose to, its just a matter of how.
  19. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  205 lbs.

God never said he would protect our bodies. God's creation is not the human body, its the light and soul with in us. that is what is created in "his" image.

Body is a body, if it dies, hippy, it dies. It is suppose to, its just a matter of how.
    How conveinient...so why is it that people attribute surviving disasters/accidents to god?

Why do religious people seem to be afraid of death if the "afterlife" is so great?
    Why keep Terri Shiavo alive so long if it's better in heaven?
  20. Registered User
    Stats
    6'3"  252 lbs.

How conveinient...so why is it that people attribute surviving disasters/accidents to god?

Why do religious people seem to be afraid of death if the "afterlife" is so great?
    Makes me think if something a comedian said about the pope.

After John Paul's assination attempt, they had him riding around in the pope-mobile, bullet-proof glass and all. The comedian said, "if the pope's affraid to die, what's that mean for the rest of us"!! Kinda funny, but makes you think too!
  21. Unbreakable
    Board Moderator

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

You keep confusing religious people with people who live by faith. Big difference!

God has no desire for our religiousness but rather our faithfulness. There is confusion, very obviously, about what religious people believe is serving God and what faithful people know is serving God. Get the facts straight, it's in the manual: http://www.biblelookup.com/cgi-bin/p...ubs=+Next++%3E

14. Mar 7:6
    And he said unto them, Well did Isaiah prophesy of you hypocrites, as it is written, This people honoreth me with their lips, But their heart is far from me.

15. Luk 12:56
    Ye hypocrites, ye know how to interpret the face of the earth and the heaven; but how is it that ye know not how to interpret this time?
  22. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'9"  114 lbs.

people are misinformed and that is why they credit things to god when god really has nothing to do with it.

i don't know of many people that are religious that think the after life is bad unless they think the after life is sectioned off for good, bad, not so good, and not so bad people. It depends on the religion. Catholics have guilt so they don't want to, born again welcome but only after a life of worth, muslims want to blow themselves up and worship death more than life and long for death..the reality is that we are light beings inside flesh. it doesn't matter at the end of the day who we are or what we do, we will always be us even after the body falls.

but the human animal has a strong will to live and it does everything it can to maintain like any other animal would. the Shivo case is a political matter which has nothing to do with our divinity
  23. Unbreakable
    Board Moderator

I agree with some of that but
    it doesn't matter at the end of the day who we are or what we do,
    If we are born again, we are new creations. We are priests, and warriors and servants and witnesses. We are not who we once were but are ministers of the word.

It does matter what we do.

"Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, to the close of the age."

Then he will answer them, `Truly, I say to you, as you did it not to one of the least of these, you did it not to me.'

And he said to him, "You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your mind. This is the great and first commandment. And a second is like it, You shall love your neighbor as yourself. On these two commandments depend all the law and the prophets."

Edit: Of course this assumes that you believe that the Bible is the word of God
  24. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  205 lbs.

Are the Greeks in hell since they didn't believe in A god?
  25. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  205 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by CRUNCH View Post
    Makes me think if something a comedian said about the pope.

After John Paul's assination attempt, they had him riding around in the pope-mobile, bullet-proof glass and all. The comedian said, "if the pope's affraid to die, what's that mean for the rest of us"!! Kinda funny, but makes you think too!
    Someone else said something (regarding the assassination attempt) to the effect of...

"<so & so> said that the hand of god deflected the bullet...

Why didn't god just make the bullet TOTALLY MISS?!!!"
  26. Registered User
    Stats
    6'3"  252 lbs.

Someone else said something (regarding the assassination attempt) to the effect of...

"<so & so> said that the hand of god deflected the bullet...

Why didn't god just make the bullet TOTALLY MISS?!!!"
    And along similar lines...when god decides to call the pope to heaven, will it matter that he has a bullet-proof car? Is all that protection/security for the pope necessary??
  27. I know nothing...

And along similar lines...when god decides to call the pope to heaven, will it matter that he has a bullet-proof car? Is all that protection/security for the pope necessary??
    If I'm not afraid to die, should I stop wearing seatbelt?
  28. Registered User
    Stats
    6'3"  252 lbs.

Well...yes, probably. God's going to take you when he wants, won't he? Shouldn't matter to take any precautions.
  29. I know nothing...

Well...yes, probably. God's going to take you when he wants, won't he? Shouldn't matter to take any precautions.
    But demons will try to kill you sooner than God's plan and they will try to do so when you are careless.
  30. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  205 lbs.

But demons will try to kill you sooner than God's plan and they will try to do so when you are careless.
    are you serious?!
  31. NutraPlanet Fanatic

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Nothing can happen contrary to god's will, remember?
    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    BPS - Where Body meets Performance
    Flawless Skin Couture - We give you the tools to make you Flawless
  32. I know nothing...

are you serious?!
    Post #70 by Brian...
  33. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  205 lbs.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by B5150
    "The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he did not exist."

Apparently it's not working so well...being that 70 + % of the U.S. believes...maybe he's just fooling the Middle Eastern Folk...
  34. I know nothing...

You don't believe...
  35. I know nothing...

Quote Originally Posted by dsade View Post
    Nothing can happen contrary to god's will, remember?
    I already explained to you about free will people have, God doesn't control you and your future depends on your action. God can help you to have better life if you ask for His guidance, but it is your choice to make, not God's.
    You sound like no matter what you do, the outcome will be the same...
  36. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  205 lbs.

You don't believe...
    is that a question or a statement?

whichever, no I don't...

I've been in two major car accidents (5x rollover, head-on collision) and wasn't wearing a seatbelt in either (oops! yes, I've learned!) and besides my back, I'm fine.
    In the rollover, the driver (who was religious) broke his neck, had his scalp sliced off and was in the hospital for 3 months...I emerged from that with literally a "scratch."
    Go figure!
  37. Registered User
    Stats
    6'3"  252 lbs.

Why is it, when a "good" person dies young, people will say it was God's will, or it was his/her time, or God had other plans for him/her. It would seem that if God has a plan for somebody, taking survival precautions wouldn't matter, god is going to take you when he wants and not before.

Do people die that god didn't plan for? Do they get to heaven and god says, "hey, what are you doing here?".

I'm not trying to sound like a jerk, don't take it that way. Just asking questions.
  38. I know nothing...

is that a question or a statement?

whichever, no I don't...

I've been in two major car accidents (5x rollover, head-on collision) and wasn't wearing a seatbelt in either (oops! yes, I've learned!) and besides my back, I'm fine.
    In the rollover, the driver (who was religious) broke his neck, had his scalp sliced off and was in the hospital for 3 months...I emerged from that with literally a "scratch."
    Go figure!
    Everyone has different path, just because someone believes in God doesn't mean gonna get out of that situation better than non-believer. May be it was God's way to show you that He cares about you as much as anyone else, but you didn't recognize it. I don't know.
    I was in one bad accident too, no seatbelt, no airbags but I didn't get hurt, cops couldn't believe that I just walked out on my own, they still sent me to the hospital and couldn't believe when doctors told them there's nothing wrong with me. I didn't believe in God back then either...
  39. Banned

I already told you, God is the ultimate liberal!
    funniest line of the day. I dont agree, but it actually made me laugh
  40. I know nothing...

Why is it, when a "good" person dies young, people will say it was God's will, or it was his/her time, or God had other plans for him/her. It would seem that if God has a plan for somebody, taking survival precautions wouldn't matter, god is going to take you when he wants and not before.

Do people die that god didn't plan for? Do they get to heaven and god says, "hey, what are you doing here?".

I'm not trying to sound like a jerk, don't take it that way. Just asking questions.
    I know, you, out of many people alway been respectfull to me.
    Thanks for that...

Why is it, when a "good" person dies young, people will say it was God's will, or it was his/her time, or God had other plans for him/her.

Because in most cases it is not true. It wasn't God's will, but this is what Bible teaches and they don't know any better, but believe that's the case.

Do people die that god didn't plan for?

Absolutely.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. What do you eat in the middle of the night?
    By pcn in forum Supplements
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 09-18-2005, 08:38 PM
  2. Dbol In The Middle of a Cycle?
    By TheMyth in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 07-26-2005, 12:54 AM
  3. traveling abroad in the middle of my cycle...
    By LilDon in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-12-2005, 08:44 PM
  4. Holding a 2 second contraction in the middle of rep?
    By TheUsual in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-25-2005, 12:17 AM
  5. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 03-31-2004, 02:30 PM