Dinosaurs in the Garden of Eden...

Page 3 of 14 First 12345 ... Last

  1. I think this thread has deviated too far from the original topic; did Dinosaurs exist alongside man? One of the more interesting topics to be delved into is that of the "Thunderbird", which is sometimes described as being a giant, but typical looking bird, and other times described as distinctly reptilian.

    The info is out there for the open mind, waiting to be discovered.


  2. Quote Originally Posted by Dagron View Post
    I think this thread has deviated too far from the original topic; did Dinosaurs exist alongside man? One of the more interesting topics to be delved into is that of the "Thunderbird", which is sometimes described as being a giant, but typical looking bird, and other times described as distinctly reptilian.

    The info is out there for the open mind, waiting to be discovered.
    Yes, they did walk together. In fact, there may even be a few dinosaurs alive today! I have seen photos of pre-historic species caught in fishing nets and reports of 'great lizards' seen in the rain forests. Who knows, but the fossil record clearly shows that the dinosaurs were gone for all practical purposes by the time man hit the scenes.

    If you guys want a black and white answer, you are not going to get it that easily. Welcome to the grey world of REALITY. Deal with it.
    •   
       


  3. I'll never enter this argument. Why? Both sides are trying to prove the unprovable. Both pick what makes more sense to them, and this is largely based on what their parents taught them, what their professor said, or even more straight forward, whether they are religious or not.

    We don't know ****. I believe there may be plenty of things out there, a whole different dimension, that science can't fathom, and so is ignored by science as old wives tales, fiction, and so on. I think we all will have our minds blown someday; clearly both sides are missing huge pieces of the puzzle, and the truth lies somewhere in between. Until then...

  4. Quote Originally Posted by jomi822 View Post
    yes....i believe people that believe dinosaurs and humans existed at the same time are idiots...

    you dont?
    I've actually seen a few documentaries recently about this very issue.

    I'm not saying I believe it, but I won't say with 100% certainty that this is false.

  5. Just found this gem on the Museum:

    "Over 800 scientists in the three states surrounding the museum -- Kentucky, Indiana, and Ohio -- have signed a statement sponsored by NCSE reading, "We, the undersigned scientists at universities and colleges in Kentucky, Ohio, and Indiana, are concerned about scientifically inaccurate materials at the Answers in Genesis museum. Students who accept this material as scientifically valid are unlikely to succeed in science courses at the college level. These students will need remedial instruction in the nature of science, as well as in the specific areas of science misrepresented by Answers in Genesis."

    Good museum!
    •   
       


  6. Quote Originally Posted by EESCHMan View Post
    Just found this gem on the Museum:

    "Over 800 scientists in the three states surrounding the museum -- Kentucky, Indiana, and Ohio -- have signed a statement sponsored by NCSE reading, "We, the undersigned scientists at universities and colleges in Kentucky, Ohio, and Indiana, are concerned about scientifically inaccurate materials at the Answers in Genesis museum. Students who accept this material as scientifically valid are unlikely to succeed in science courses at the college level. These students will need remedial instruction in the nature of science, as well as in the specific areas of science misrepresented by Answers in Genesis."

    Good museum!
    How many legs does a dog have if you call the tail a leg? Four. Calling a tail a leg doesn't make it a leg.

    -Abraham Lincoln
  7. Unbreakable
    David Dunn's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by CRUNCH View Post
    Thought this would be interesting with all the religious discussions going on lately.
    I don't recall seeing much discussion of religion as of late. There has been an increase in witness, testimony, support and affirmation of faith(s) and of each other in several threads.

    I am curious though.

    Do you have a personal issue or have you had an event that has challenged your belief system or the faith you may or may not have?

    Do you have a desire to find out what everyone else thinks before you make a decision of your own on the matter of your faith?

    You have succeeded in sparking up the debate. But I wonder if you had an other motive behind your inquiry. After all you have not contributed anything other than generating the debate.
    All my life I've never stopped to worry 'bout a thing,
    Open up and shout it out, an' never try to sing,
    Wondering if I've done it wrong,
    Will this depression last for long, wont you tell me,
    Where have all the good times gone.

  8. wow this thread got kinda heated. everyone should just worry about what they believe in and not give the guy next to him $hit for not agreeing.
    in the end we will die alone and either go to Heaven or just cease to be. but life is toooooo short to fight about weather there is a God or where we came from.

  9. Quote Originally Posted by Chad View Post
    wow this thread got kinda heated. everyone should just worry about what they believe in and not give the guy next to him $hit for not agreeing.
    in the end we will die alone and either go to Heaven or just cease to be. but life is toooooo short to fight about weather there is a God or where we came from.
    HEY! Back off man!! j/k

    Let me show you the real danger of choosing the wrong religion...

    Comedy Central : Motherload
    Last edited by DR.D; 06-05-2007 at 01:29 AM.
  10. Unbreakable
    David Dunn's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by Chad View Post
    in the end we will die alone and either go to Heaven or just cease to be.
    "The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he did not exist."
    All my life I've never stopped to worry 'bout a thing,
    Open up and shout it out, an' never try to sing,
    Wondering if I've done it wrong,
    Will this depression last for long, wont you tell me,
    Where have all the good times gone.

  11. Quote Originally Posted by B5150 View Post
    I don't recall seeing much discussion of religion as of late. There has been an increase in witness, testimony, support and affirmation of faith(s) and of each other in several threads.

    I am curious though.

    Do you have a personal issue or have you had an event that has challenged your belief system or the faith you may or may not have?

    Do you have a desire to find out what everyone else thinks before you make a decision of your own on the matter of your faith?

    You have succeeded in sparking up the debate. But I wonder if you had an other motive behind your inquiry. After all you have not contributed anything other than generating the debate.
    I haven't been in because I was out of town all weekend. I got to read about half of these posts last night and the rest this morning. Sorry if you thought I was stirring the pot in a negative way. Actually I am stirring the pot, but in a positive way. For my own knowledge and understanding. Right now I tend to believe in evolution and not in a god of any type or the bible for that matter. But listening to people like Dr D does make me think a little about everything.

    I have a personal issue but no events per-se have taken place. I have been on the fence about religion for my entire life. The scientific side to me doesn't want to believe many of the things the bible says, yet it's hard to ignore the possibility of something or someone having a hand at the creation of what's around us. Maybe a "god" or possibly some type of force.

    I'm not basing what everyone else thinks on what I believe, just looking for more things to consider. Things I haven't thought about.

    Again, I do not have any sinister motive for bringing this debate up. I don't even like to think of it as a debate, but more of a discussion. I hope things do remain civil.

  12. Quote Originally Posted by CRUNCH View Post
    ... Again, I do not have any sinister motive for bringing this debate up. I don't even like to think of it as a debate, but more of a discussion. I hope things do remain civil.
    I know know it bro. We've been friends a long time man and I know your heart. I'm glad you're thinking though. Nothing wrong with thinking! (lol) This whole world could use a bit more thinkers.
  13. Unbreakable
    David Dunn's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by CRUNCH View Post
    Sorry if you thought I was stirring the pot in a negative way. Actually I am stirring the pot, but in a positive way.
    I meant neither...but stirring does causes turbulance
    I have a personal issue but no events per-se have taken place. I have been on the fence about religion for my entire life.
    The thing about God (consider He does exist) is that it is a relationship with your creator. Religion, religiousness and religious people do not necessarily have a personal and intimate relationship with God. They have religion and all of it nonsense. I religiously smoked pot for 20+ years. I would not necessarily call that a edifying relationship. I'm sure you follow my metaphor.
    The scientific side to me doesn't want to believe many of the things the bible says, yet it's hard to ignore the possibility of something or someone having a hand at the creation of what's around us. Maybe a "god" or possibly some type of force.
    In here lies the challenge really, and you are not alone. I as a Christian sometimes let me head start leading me and forget to walk in faith: Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.
    I'm not basing what everyone else thinks on what I believe, just looking for more things to consider. Things I haven't thought about.
    There is no harm in curiosity.
    Again, I do not have any sinister motive for bringing this debate up. I don't even like to think of it as a debate, but more of a discussion. I hope things do remain civil.
    Never thought you had sinister motives. Discussion is good. Civility in the discussions sometimes is absent.

    All my life I've never stopped to worry 'bout a thing,
    Open up and shout it out, an' never try to sing,
    Wondering if I've done it wrong,
    Will this depression last for long, wont you tell me,
    Where have all the good times gone.

  14. Quote Originally Posted by Squeaks4ver View Post
    i dont understand......

  15. its said to be a pterosaur.. they are a bunch of people saying they still see these things today

















    On April 25, 1977, the Japanese fishing ship Zuiyo Maru, trawling for mackerel off the coast of New Zealand, snagged a rotting corpse at a depth of 900 feet and hauled in the remains of a beast that no one anywhere seemed to be able to identify.








  16. O I C

  17. there is also a good amount of artistic evidence made by our "pre historic" and more modern humans that show the eating habits of some dinosaurs. Usually people say that they drew what they saw in the terms of the dead dino in the rock; however, they could not have knows which dinos ate meat and which did not... but in the drawings.. they do

  18. Quote Originally Posted by Squeaks4ver View Post
    there is also a good amount of artistic evidence made by our "pre historic" and more modern humans that show the eating habits of some dinosaurs. Usually people say that they drew what they saw in the terms of the dead dino in the rock; however, they could not have knows which dinos ate meat and which did not... but in the drawings.. they do
    yeah but they could have guessed by looking at their teeth.

  19. I don't give that many people that live in our world today that much credit, that they would know what eats what by looking at teeth. We eat meat but by the looks of our teeth, we shouldn't maybe.. i dont know it could be a bad example but i just think humans are naturally stupid

  20. Quote Originally Posted by Squeaks4ver View Post
    I don't give that many people that live in our world today that much credit, that they would know what eats what by looking at teeth. We eat meat but by the looks of our teeth, we shouldn't maybe.. i dont know it could be a bad example but i just think humans are naturally stupid
    LOL. yeah humans are stupid. thats why i talk to as few as possible.

  21. Quote Originally Posted by Chad View Post
    LOL. yeah humans are stupid. thats why i talk to as few as possible.

    LOL It's why you never talk to yourself.

    Ok, J/K, you know I love ya!

  22. Why does it say God created world in six days, when technically time didn't exist. Answer: so people would be able to wrap their minds around it. Those six days in the Bible can easily be 6 million or 6 billion years. Just because God created this world doesn't mean evolution doesn't exist. But humans didn't evolve from a single cell and as far as know science failed to prove how life occured on Earth without God or where did everything come from? And don't tell me it was a "BIG ****ing BOOM barabing."

  23. Quote Originally Posted by DmitryWI View Post
    LOL It's why you never talk to yourself.

    Ok, J/K, you know I love ya!
    i love you more pumpkin butt!!!!

  24. Quote Originally Posted by DmitryWI View Post
    Why does it say God created world in six days, when technically time didn't exist. Answer: so people would be able to wrap their minds around it. Those six days in the Bible can easily be 6 million or 6 billion years. Just because God created this world doesn't mean evolution doesn't exist. But humans didn't evolve from a single cell and as far as know science failed to prove how life occured on Earth without God or where did everything come from? And don't tell me it was a "BIG ****ing BOOM barabing."
    Why did it take God 6 days?!
    He's God...
    And, why did he need to rest?!

  25. Quote Originally Posted by EESCHMan View Post
    Why did it take God 6 days?!
    He's God...
    And, why did he need to rest?!
    It was my point, He didn't need 6 days, 6 days doesn't mean anything, people who wrote Bible needed some kind of timeline. That's all. He didn't need rest on seventh day, but He wanted people to rest on seventh day.
    I know you are being sarcastic, but I answered anyway...

  26. Quote Originally Posted by DmitryWI View Post
    ... But humans didn't evolve from a single cell and as far as know science failed to prove how life occured on Earth without God or where did everything come from? ...
    I totally agree. Humans did not develop from a single cell. That concept is truly impossible to get from that to this by random chance and can be disproved over and over all day if you like.

    Divine favoritisms for life (aka: providence) has to be an inherent character built directly into the fabric of the universe because random events only result in compounded entropy, not increased order! If that were true, why don't you dig a hole in the ground and find a fully developed clock or stopwatch from time to time? It just doesn't work that way, that's why! Don't you think if man has been here long enough to develop naturally, something far less complex with far fewer moving parts like a stopwatch would have developed first? Yeah, statistically is should have, that's why only a fool says there is no god, duh!

    Science fails to prove how life occurred on earth without God, but it does support that God is in fact the cause and demonstrates that it really could not have occurred otherwise.

  27. Quote Originally Posted by DR.D View Post
    I totally agree. Humans did not develop from a single cell. That concept is truly impossible to get from that to this by random chance and can be disproved over and over all day if you like.

    Divine favoritisms for life (aka: providence) has to be an inherent character built directly into the fabric of the universe because random events only result in compounded entropy, not increased order! If that were true, why don't you dig a hole in the ground and find a fully developed clock or stopwatch from time to time? It just doesn't work that way, that's why! Don't you think if man has been here long enough to develop naturally, something far less complex with far fewer moving parts like a stopwatch would have developed first? Yeah, statistically is should have, that's why only a fool says there is no god, duh!

    Science fails to prove how life occurred on earth without God, but it does support that God is in fact the cause and demonstrates that it really could not have occurred otherwise.
    ugh...that has never been brought up before (sarcasm)...and has been refuted.
    How is it that 93% of the National Academy of Science do not believe in a god, and TOTALLY accept evolution?!

    Why is it that since we're god's children and he created everything for us...why did he stick us on this small planet in this huge cosmos?
    Seems like a waste of space!

  28. what is space, or a large amount of space to someone or something that has no need for it.
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. What do you eat in the middle of the night?
    By pcn in forum Supplements
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 09-18-2005, 09:38 PM
  2. Dbol In The Middle of a Cycle?
    By TheMyth in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 07-26-2005, 01:54 AM
  3. traveling abroad in the middle of my cycle...
    By LilDon in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-12-2005, 09:44 PM
  4. Holding a 2 second contraction in the middle of rep?
    By TheUsual in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-25-2005, 01:17 AM
  5. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 03-31-2004, 03:30 PM
Log in
Log in