XM/Sirus Radio

RedwolfWV

RedwolfWV

Awards
  • Established
Hey all,

In a couple of weeks I'll have a $300 gift certificate good at circuit city. I'm wanting to buy an XM or Sirus radio. I know next to nothing about them. My only real requirement is that I can use it in my house... ie, not limited to just being used in the car. Use in the car would be cool, but not required. A neat 2nd option would be if it could somehow hook to my portable radio for use when camping etc.

Programming requirements aren't many. Sports programming is not really a priority. Conservative talk radio would be great.

Any suggestions on what to get?

OCCFan023

OCCFan023

Awards
  • Established
I personally have sirius and cant say enough great things about it. If your into conservative talk radio it has plenty (aswell as liberal) along with every sport (except baseball) and one of the main reasons I got it the King of all Media Howard Stern (I know you said you werent into sports but it is really great during football season and if you dont have nfl sunday ticket and you want to hear all the games.) It has every type of music channel you could think of, and detailed weather and traffic reports.

It easily hooks up into the car and works through an fm transmitter to be heard on the radio.

Jstrong20

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Yeah if you go sirius get the stilleto. It can record songs like an mp3 player. I also got serius because of howard stern. Funny though I find myself preffering bubba over stern latley. Dude does some off the wall **** that makes stern seem tame.

RedwolfWV

RedwolfWV

Awards
  • Established
Ahhh I'm crushed. I just found out that Limbaugh and Hannity aren't on either. (Except for Hannity and Colmbs)

warnerve

Awards
  • Established
it's cool stuff. i got the sirius thing that you can deattach and get a home kit, or use to listen to during workouts and such. it holds like 18 hours of mp3s and i think 50 hours of saved radio content. The one i got was $80 after rebate, but this was around christmas, not sure if that's the normal price

if conservative radio is your thing, there are two separate foxnews stations and I have heard larry elder and michael savage on there as well

personally, after having it since christmas I would never go back to regular radio. it's just nice to have so much more variety/choices and no commercials on the music stations. plus, you can listen to howard stern all day and wait for the paravol commercials :)

MrTotality

MrTotality

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I personally have sirius and cant say enough great things about it. If your into conservative talk radio it has plenty (aswell as liberal) along with every sport (except baseball) and one of the main reasons I got it the King of all Media Howard Stern (I know you said you werent into sports but it is really great during football season and if you dont have nfl sunday ticket and you want to hear all the games.) It has every type of music channel you could think of, and detailed weather and traffic reports.

It easily hooks up into the car and works through an fm transmitter to be heard on the radio.
I have sirius in the car, home and computer. It is the better of the two. We used to have XM in my wife's car it pales in comaprison

MrTotality

MrTotality

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Yeah if you go sirius get the stilleto. It can record songs like an mp3 player. I also got serius because of howard stern. Funny though I find myself preffering bubba over stern latley. Dude does some off the wall **** that makes stern seem tame.
shock the puss:woohoo:

dsw222

dsw222

Awards
i have XM and i love it... the only thing that sucks is 2 or 3 good stations have commercials on them. i'm paying 13 bucks a month for commercial free radio, why the hell would they stick commercials on them?!?!?!?

but like i said thats only ~3 stations. the rest are awesome and i always find something good on to listen too. great investment imo

Palo Alto Labs

Palo Alto Labs

Dave
Awards
  • Established
i love sirius, keeps me sane throughout half my day. good mix of music... plus we advertise on the stern show.. which is cool to hear

sirius and XM are planning on merging in a few years... hopefully it will work for only the good

joecski

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
i love sirius, keeps me sane throughout half my day. good mix of music... plus we advertise on the stern show.. which is cool to hear

sirius and XM are planning on merging in a few years... hopefully it will work for only the good
Hey, good job with that Ad on Stern. I was in my car and Paravol comes up on the Sirius display and I was like WTF. Then Crazy Cabbie reads the ad and it was really good. Bet that drives up sales, nice work!
To top it off, I get home and my Aspire36 sample is in my mail. Go PAL!

Sirius is a great service, had it a few years now, listen in my car, in my house, and I have a boombox. Stern and Bubba are great, my wife goes for Jimmy Buffett's channel, and we both listen to NFL and Nascar. Wish they had baseball too, it's the only advantage XM has. My wife gets XM in her company car, and some of the music channels are good, but some have commercials. We like the Sirius better.