Rodja Support Thread

Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. Registered User
    Grmlock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    269
    Answers
    0

    Rodja Support Thread


    I am not a very active member on this site, but I have been training with Rodja for a few years now. As some of you may know, he lost his MMA debut and has really struggled with his breakup from his GF. I have never seen him this distraught or depressed, but I know he can break through. I think he is just feeling lonely and he has told me about how much he loves this sight and he really appreciated it when people were supporting him while he was training. Any help with this would be great.:bruce3:

  2. Registered User
    Alexander's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Age
    35
    Posts
    5,068
    Answers
    0

    Rodja's a great guy, and besides his gollum imitations I've got no complaints. Rodja did a great job in that fight despite the physical/emotional distress he was enduring. Big ups to Rodja, and I can't wait to see him win his next fight.
  3. Registered User
    yeahright's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    6,372
    Answers
    0

    •   
       

  4. Registered User
    Iron Warrior's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  265 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    5,329
    Answers
    0

    Keep your head up Rodja, you got us in your corner. Remember "when the going gets tough, the tough get going". This bro is a class act and he makes AM a better place, show your support
  5. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    rpen22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    3,702
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Warrior View Post
    Keep your head up Rodja, you got us in your corner. Remember "when the going gets tough, the tough get going". This bro is a class act and he makes AM a better place, show your support
    I completely agree with IW!
  6. Unbreakable
    Board Moderator
    David Dunn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Age
    49
    Posts
    11,723
    Answers
    0

    CLICK ME --> <--CLICK ME
  7. Board Sponsor
    Board Sponsor
    CNizz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Age
    30
    Posts
    1,183
    Answers
    0

    glad to have you on here too Rodj, everyone on the boards appreciates your posts!
  8. Sponsor
    Board Sponsor
    mmowry's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  260 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Age
    43
    Posts
    2,214
    Answers
    0

    Rodja Im pullin for you bud.Lifes about getting knocked down but character is made by getting back up.Youre in my prayers!


    Trust in the LORD with all your heart, And lean not on your own understanding; In all your ways acknowledge Him, And He shall direct your paths . Proverbs 3:5-6
  9. Registered User
    thewilman's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  165 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Age
    44
    Posts
    6,166
    Answers
    0

    Rodja...you are one of the guys here that is ALWAYS helping people out when they have a question. You were one of the 1st guys that helped me out when I started posting. You are a great asset to this board. The fact that you have a friend who would go online and post this because he cares about you speaks VOLUMES about YOU as a friend.

    Grmlock, you are a good friend.

    Rodja, make sure that you read B5150's link:
    Quote Originally Posted by B5150 View Post
    CLICK ME --><--CLICK ME
    B!

    Rodja, God never says it going to be easy, just that He will be there for those that believe!
  10. Registered User
    brass monkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    882
    Answers
    0

    Rodja, My brother the world is yours, I have personaly learned alot from you. All you have to do is research Rodja posts and you can tell what kind of guy he is, he has a lot of knowledge and he has know problem sharing it. And many times he is one of the first to respond to a post to offer any help. Just keep your head up bro this will pass with time.
  11. Registered User
    Grmlock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    269
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by thewilman View Post
    Rodja...you are one of the guys here that is ALWAYS helping people out when they have a question. You were one of the 1st guys that helped me out when I started posting. You are a great asset to this board. The fact that you have a friend who would go online and post this because he cares about you speaks VOLUMES about YOU as a friend.

    Grmlock, you are a good friend.

    Rodja, make sure that you read B5150's link:


    B!

    Rodja, God never says it going to be easy, just that He will be there for those that believe!
    Are you the guy that sent him the Romans quote a few weeks back? He told me your screen name, but I couldn't remember it until now.
  12. Registered User
    thewilman's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  165 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Age
    44
    Posts
    6,166
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by Grmlock View Post
    Are you the guy that sent him the Romans quote a few weeks back? He told me your screen name, but I couldn't remember it until now.
    Yes sir, that was me. I was only the messenger
  13. Anabolic Innovations Rep
    Board Sponsor
    zbtboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Age
    34
    Posts
    999
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by brass monkey View Post
    Rodja, My brother the world is yours, I have personaly learned alot from you. All you have to do is research Rodja posts and you can tell what kind of guy he is, he has a lot of knowledge and he has know problem sharing it. And many times he is one of the first to respond to a post to offer any help. Just keep your head up bro this will pass with time.
    Agree 100%. Keep your head up bro!
  14. Unbreakable
    Board Moderator
    David Dunn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Age
    49
    Posts
    11,723
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by thewilman View Post
    Yes sir, that was me. I was only the faithful messenger
    Faithful is the operative word.

    "but sanctify in your hearts Christ as Lord: being ready always to give answer to every man that asks you a reason concerning the hope that is in you"
  15. Registered User
    thewilman's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  165 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Age
    44
    Posts
    6,166
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by B5150 View Post
    Faithful is the operative word.

    "but sanctify in your hearts Christ as Lord: being ready always to give answer to every man that asks you a reason concerning the hope that is in you"
    Thanks Brother! Now I feel uplifted too!
  16. Registered User
    Grmlock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    269
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by thewilman View Post
    Yes sir, that was me. I was only the messenger
    Thank you for doing that. I know that it has helped him out and really changed his life.
  17. I know nothing...
    DmitryWI's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Age
    35
    Posts
    2,534
    Answers
    0

    Keep you chin up, Rodja, we are all have up and downs and it's always gets better, always...
  18. Registered User
    Bionic's Avatar
    Stats
    6'5"  227 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    1,685
    Answers
    0

    Hey Rodja! You are now a man! HAHAHA! You're going through the rite of passage that most, if not all, of us had to endure. Not to mention, stepping those brass balls of yours into an MMA ring! Tough times don't last. Tough people do and you seem more than equipped. Oh and Grmlock, we should all be lucky enough to have a friend like you!
  19. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Rodja's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    23,127
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by Grmlock View Post
    I am not a very active member on this site, but I have been training with Rodja for a few years now. As some of you may know, he lost his MMA debut and has really struggled with his breakup from his GF. I have never seen him this distraught or depressed, but I know he can break through. I think he is just feeling lonely and he has told me about how much he loves this sight and he really appreciated it when people were supporting him while he was training. Any help with this would be great.:bruce3:
    Brandon, you never cease to be a great friend. Thank you to everyone that has replied in this thread so far and for the inspiration and kind words.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  20. Registered User
    thewilman's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  165 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Age
    44
    Posts
    6,166
    Answers
    0

    He's a good man Rodja...as are you! You've helped a lot of people on this board. This is the least we could do!
  21. Registered User
    Jumper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Age
    53
    Posts
    48
    Answers
    0

    I posted this in another thread, but thought it might help here.

    [nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G7beh4v5c5c"]YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.[/nomedia]

    Here is some old school inspiration. When I saw this thread I thought about the importance of tapping into that fighting spirit that is present in all of us. I like the example in this clip. You will notice where Benny gets knocked down by a good right from Okau at about 1:53 and pops up smiling. Look how determined he is. Instead of being chagrined by the knockdown, he is energized. You will notice him getting knocked off balance later in the clip during the same bout. He continues to persevere. Watch for the reversal of fortune to come. Check the stats at the very end. Those are for World Title fights.

    Life and fighting are both full of highs and lows. Draw on whatever you can from inside of you and from those around you to persevere and overcome. YOU WILL PREVAIL! Good luck brother.

    P.S. I love the throw at about 3:20
  22. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Rodja's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    23,127
    Answers
    0

    Losing the fight definitely did not help me, but it is only a small part of my life that is bothering me right now. I will redeem myself for my loss, hopefully against the same opponent. There are so many thing that I need to get situated that is becoming overwhelming. Whenever that happens, I always remind myself of this quote, "A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step." I did not get here overnight, but I will do my best to achieve my goals everyday.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  23. Unbreakable
    Board Moderator
    David Dunn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Age
    49
    Posts
    11,723
    Answers
    0

    I admire your perseverance and determination. They will be tremendous assets in your life for many years to come.

    At 42 yo I have had the opportunity to do a whole 360 in some areas of my life.
    I am reminded of the lyrics to a Queensryche song:

    "Strange how the mind changes time and time again. Things once important, now pale in comparison."
  24. Registered User
    vince spider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Age
    36
    Posts
    329
    Answers
    0

    lifes not all sunshine and rainbows, the worlds are cruel and nasty place and it will drag you down to your knees if you let it
    it doesn't matter how tough you think you are, your never hit as hard as life can. but its not how hard you hit but how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward, about how much you can take!!!!
    if you know what your worth, go get what your worth but just be prepared to take the hit
    rodja i've joked around about gluatamine with you in the past. but you seem like a committed and determined individual , good luck brother, and remember sometimes we just need to put things in perspective
  25. Running with the Big Boys
    anabolicrhino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Age
    49
    Posts
    2,604
    Answers
    0

    Thumbs up


    Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    Losing the fight definitely did not help me, but it is only a small part of my life that is bothering me right now. I will redeem myself for my loss, hopefully against the same opponent. There are so many thing that I need to get situated that is becoming overwhelming. Whenever that happens, I always remind myself of this quote, "A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step." I did not get here overnight, but I will do my best to achieve my goals everyday.
    "Art reaches its greatest peak when devoid of self consciousness. Freedom discovers man the moment he loses concern over what impression he is making or about to make."- BRUCE LEE

    I alway go back and read Bruce Lee's The Tao of Jeet Kune Do , whenever I am at a cross road. It is a valuable tool when experiencing the perception of failure, but it is an invaluable tool when experiencing the perception of success!
    Ultimately failure and success are the opposite sides of the same coin!

    Good luck! Stay healthy and never stop fighting !
  26. Registered User
    RedwolfWV's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  185 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Age
    50
    Posts
    3,258
    Answers
    0

    Don't overlook the rainbow just because of some rain.
  27. Unbreakable
    Board Moderator
    David Dunn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Age
    49
    Posts
    11,723
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by RedwolfWV View Post
    Don't overlook the rainbow just because of some rain.
    Hey wait a minute. Aren't you supposed to use quotes when you quote someone
    Quote Originally Posted by B5150 View Post
    I'm glad I didn't miss the rainbow just because of the rain.
    I'm just kidding. I won't take credit anyway. It just came to me and I put it to text.
  28. Registered User
    RedwolfWV's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  185 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Age
    50
    Posts
    3,258
    Answers
    0

    I knew it didn't come from me.. just didn't know where it came from! lol

    Something from my own experiance, although I've had others tell it to me also. If it wasn't for the crappy days I have, I'd never fully appreciate all the good days, and walking through the fear during those bad days makes me a better and stronger person.
  29. Board Supporter
    MaDmaN's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Age
    55
    Posts
    990
    Answers
    0

    There are a few members here who's threads and post's I look forward too...Rodja is one of those

    Thanks for your contributions
  30. Registered User
    stxnas's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  195 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Age
    33
    Posts
    9,979
    Answers
    0

    Just keep your head up brother and remember that persistance overcomes resistance.

    ...and you're a good friend Grmlock!
    RcB Since 09-06-2011 20:55 EST, Post 49
  31. Unbreakable
    Board Moderator
    David Dunn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Age
    49
    Posts
    11,723
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by RedwolfWV View Post
    If it wasn't for the crappy days I have, I'd never fully appreciate all the good days, and walking through the fear during those bad days makes me a better and stronger person.
    Wait a minute. A big, strong, grown man like you has fears. Wow, for a minute I thought I was the only one.

    I need to remember to be obedient or else I will be overcome by it.
  32. Registered User
    peece's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Age
    49
    Posts
    475
    Answers
    0

    Whatever happens, dear brothers and sisters, may the Lord give you Joy Phil. 3

    keep punchin as they say:bruce3:
  33. Registered User
    warnerve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Age
    30
    Posts
    1,939
    Answers
    0

    best of luck rodja

    like they say, fall down twice, get up three times
  34. Registered User
    stxnas's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  195 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Age
    33
    Posts
    9,979
    Answers
    0

    How about an update? Are things coming back together for you now Rodja?
    RcB Since 09-06-2011 20:55 EST, Post 49
  35. Board Sponsor
    Board Sponsor
    macedaddy's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  172 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Age
    36
    Posts
    6,072
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by B5150 View Post
    CLICK ME --> <--CLICK ME
    thanks for the site link, B!
  36. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Rodja's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    23,127
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by stxnas View Post
    How about an update? Are things coming back together for you now Rodja?
    Getting there; my training is doing great and I feel as though I am progressing at a much rapid clip than I anticipated. I am focusing on regaining my lost strength that I lost while I was cutting. I have a tentative training plan for he next 12 weeks leading up to another fight.

    Wk 1-4 - recomp and test JW/Pro-Anabol
    Wk 5-6 - begin conditioning and cross-training
    Wk 7-12 - MMA training
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  37. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Rodja's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    23,127
    Answers
    0

    I failed to mention that I forgot that I am supposed to ease myself back into training. I have basically hit the ground running: cardio, BJJ, Judo, lifting, and yoga. I haven't added stand-up yet; I want to keep my face pretty until after my B-Day.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  38. Registered User
    thewilman's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  165 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Age
    44
    Posts
    6,166
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    I want to keep my face pretty until after my B-Day.
    I saw your video...pretty...not so much! LOL

    Are you this pretty???

    Attached Images Attached Images
  39. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Rodja's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    23,127
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by thewilman View Post
    I saw your video...pretty...not so much! LOL

    Are you this pretty???

    I will never be as pretty as a young, strapping Wandy.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  40. Registered User
    thewilman's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  165 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Age
    44
    Posts
    6,166
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    I will never be as pretty as a young, strapping Wandy.


    That is one HANDSOME mullet!!!

    I used to sport a mullet myself back in the 80's!
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 06-14-2014, 11:26 AM
  2. Replies: 55
    Last Post: 11-05-2007, 04:17 AM
  3. The offical Kubby '08 support thread
    By spatch in forum Politics
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-14-2007, 01:55 PM
  4. Board Sponsor Customer Support Threads
    By David Dunn in forum General Chat
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 10-30-2005, 09:32 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in