Rodja Support Thread

Grmlock

Awards
  • Established
I am not a very active member on this site, but I have been training with Rodja for a few years now. As some of you may know, he lost his MMA debut and has really struggled with his breakup from his GF. I have never seen him this distraught or depressed, but I know he can break through. I think he is just feeling lonely and he has told me about how much he loves this sight and he really appreciated it when people were supporting him while he was training. Any help with this would be great.:bruce3:

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
Rodja's a great guy, and besides his gollum imitations I've got no complaints. Rodja did a great job in that fight despite the physical/emotional distress he was enduring. Big ups to Rodja, and I can't wait to see him win his next fight.

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
Keep your head up Rodja, you got us in your corner. Remember "when the going gets tough, the tough get going". This bro is a class act and he makes AM a better place, show your support :)

rpen22

rpen22

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Keep your head up Rodja, you got us in your corner. Remember "when the going gets tough, the tough get going". This bro is a class act and he makes AM a better place, show your support :)
:goodpost: I completely agree with IW!

CNizz

CNizz

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
glad to have you on here too Rodj, everyone on the boards appreciates your posts!

mmowry

mmowry

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Rodja Im pullin for you bud.Lifes about getting knocked down but character is made by getting back up.Youre in my prayers!

thewilman

thewilman

Awards
  • Established
Rodja...you are one of the guys here that is ALWAYS helping people out when they have a question. You were one of the 1st guys that helped me out when I started posting. You are a great asset to this board. The fact that you have a friend who would go online and post this because he cares about you speaks VOLUMES about YOU as a friend.

Grmlock, you are a good friend.

Rodja, make sure that you read B5150's link:
CLICK ME -->:study:<--CLICK ME
:goodpost: B!

Rodja, God never says it going to be easy, just that He will be there for those that believe! :thumbsup:

brass monkey

brass monkey

Awards
  • Established
Rodja, My brother the world is yours, I have personaly learned alot from you. All you have to do is research Rodja posts and you can tell what kind of guy he is, he has a lot of knowledge and he has know problem sharing it. And many times he is one of the first to respond to a post to offer any help. Just keep your head up bro this will pass with time.

Grmlock

Awards
  • Established
Rodja...you are one of the guys here that is ALWAYS helping people out when they have a question. You were one of the 1st guys that helped me out when I started posting. You are a great asset to this board. The fact that you have a friend who would go online and post this because he cares about you speaks VOLUMES about YOU as a friend.

Grmlock, you are a good friend.

Rodja, make sure that you read B5150's link:

:goodpost: B!

Rodja, God never says it going to be easy, just that He will be there for those that believe! :thumbsup:
Are you the guy that sent him the Romans quote a few weeks back? He told me your screen name, but I couldn't remember it until now.

thewilman

thewilman

Awards
  • Established
Are you the guy that sent him the Romans quote a few weeks back? He told me your screen name, but I couldn't remember it until now.
Yes sir, that was me. I was only the messenger ;)

zbtboy

zbtboy

Anabolic Innovations Rep
Awards
  • Established
Rodja, My brother the world is yours, I have personaly learned alot from you. All you have to do is research Rodja posts and you can tell what kind of guy he is, he has a lot of knowledge and he has know problem sharing it. And many times he is one of the first to respond to a post to offer any help. Just keep your head up bro this will pass with time.
:goodpost: Agree 100%. Keep your head up bro!

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yes sir, that was me. I was only the faithful messenger ;)
Faithful is the operative word.:thumbsup:

"but sanctify in your hearts Christ as Lord: being ready always to give answer to every man that asks you a reason concerning the hope that is in you"

thewilman

thewilman

Awards
  • Established
Faithful is the operative word.:thumbsup:

"but sanctify in your hearts Christ as Lord: being ready always to give answer to every man that asks you a reason concerning the hope that is in you"
Thanks Brother! Now I feel uplifted too! :thumbsup:

DmitryWI

DmitryWI

I know nothing...
Awards
  • Established
Keep you chin up, Rodja, we are all have up and downs and it's always gets better, always...

Bionic

Bionic

Awards
  • Established
Hey Rodja! You are now a man! HAHAHA! You're going through the rite of passage that most, if not all, of us had to endure. Not to mention, stepping those brass balls of yours into an MMA ring! Tough times don't last. Tough people do and you seem more than equipped. Oh and Grmlock, we should all be lucky enough to have a friend like you!

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I am not a very active member on this site, but I have been training with Rodja for a few years now. As some of you may know, he lost his MMA debut and has really struggled with his breakup from his GF. I have never seen him this distraught or depressed, but I know he can break through. I think he is just feeling lonely and he has told me about how much he loves this sight and he really appreciated it when people were supporting him while he was training. Any help with this would be great.:bruce3:
Brandon, you never cease to be a great friend. Thank you to everyone that has replied in this thread so far and for the inspiration and kind words.

thewilman

thewilman

Awards
  • Established
He's a good man Rodja...as are you! You've helped a lot of people on this board. This is the least we could do!

Jumper

Jumper

Awards
I posted this in another thread, but thought it might help here.

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G7beh4v5c5c"]YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.[/nomedia]

Here is some old school inspiration. When I saw this thread I thought about the importance of tapping into that fighting spirit that is present in all of us. I like the example in this clip. You will notice where Benny gets knocked down by a good right from Okau at about 1:53 and pops up smiling. Look how determined he is. Instead of being chagrined by the knockdown, he is energized. You will notice him getting knocked off balance later in the clip during the same bout. He continues to persevere. Watch for the reversal of fortune to come. Check the stats at the very end. Those are for World Title fights.

Life and fighting are both full of highs and lows. Draw on whatever you can from inside of you and from those around you to persevere and overcome. YOU WILL PREVAIL! Good luck brother.

P.S. I love the throw at about 3:20

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Losing the fight definitely did not help me, but it is only a small part of my life that is bothering me right now. I will redeem myself for my loss, hopefully against the same opponent. There are so many thing that I need to get situated that is becoming overwhelming. Whenever that happens, I always remind myself of this quote, "A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step." I did not get here overnight, but I will do my best to achieve my goals everyday.

vince spider

vince spider

Awards
  • Established
lifes not all sunshine and rainbows, the worlds are cruel and nasty place and it will drag you down to your knees if you let it
it doesn't matter how tough you think you are, your never hit as hard as life can. but its not how hard you hit but how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward, about how much you can take!!!!
if you know what your worth, go get what your worth but just be prepared to take the hit
rodja i've joked around about gluatamine with you in the past. but you seem like a committed and determined individual , good luck brother, and remember sometimes we just need to put things in perspective:thumbsup:

anabolicrhino

anabolicrhino

Awards
  • Established
Losing the fight definitely did not help me, but it is only a small part of my life that is bothering me right now. I will redeem myself for my loss, hopefully against the same opponent. There are so many thing that I need to get situated that is becoming overwhelming. Whenever that happens, I always remind myself of this quote, "A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step." I did not get here overnight, but I will do my best to achieve my goals everyday.
"Art reaches its greatest peak when devoid of self consciousness. Freedom discovers man the moment he loses concern over what impression he is making or about to make."- BRUCE LEE

I alway go back and read Bruce Lee's The Tao of Jeet Kune Do , whenever I am at a cross road. It is a valuable tool when experiencing the perception of failure, but it is an invaluable tool when experiencing the perception of success!
Ultimately failure and success are the opposite sides of the same coin!

Good luck! Stay healthy and never stop fighting !

RedwolfWV

RedwolfWV

Awards
  • Established
Don't overlook the rainbow just because of some rain.

RedwolfWV

RedwolfWV

Awards
  • Established
I knew it didn't come from me.. just didn't know where it came from! lol :)

Something from my own experiance, although I've had others tell it to me also. If it wasn't for the crappy days I have, I'd never fully appreciate all the good days, and walking through the fear during those bad days makes me a better and stronger person.

MaDmaN

MaDmaN

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
There are a few members here who's threads and post's I look forward too...Rodja is one of those

Thanks for your contributions :)

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Just keep your head up brother and remember that persistance overcomes resistance.

...and you're a good friend Grmlock!

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
If it wasn't for the crappy days I have, I'd never fully appreciate all the good days, and walking through the fear during those bad days makes me a better and stronger person.
Wait a minute. A big, strong, grown man like you has fears. Wow, for a minute I thought I was the only one.

I need to remember to be obedient or else I will be overcome by it.

peece

peece

Awards
  • Established
Whatever happens, dear brothers and sisters, may the Lord give you Joy Phil. 3

keep punchin as they say:bruce3:

warnerve

Awards
  • Established
best of luck rodja

like they say, fall down twice, get up three times

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
How about an update? Are things coming back together for you now Rodja?

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
How about an update? Are things coming back together for you now Rodja?
Getting there; my training is doing great and I feel as though I am progressing at a much rapid clip than I anticipated. I am focusing on regaining my lost strength that I lost while I was cutting. I have a tentative training plan for he next 12 weeks leading up to another fight.

Wk 1-4 - recomp and test JW/Pro-Anabol
Wk 5-6 - begin conditioning and cross-training
Wk 7-12 - MMA training

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I failed to mention that I forgot that I am supposed to ease myself back into training. I have basically hit the ground running: cardio, BJJ, Judo, lifting, and yoga. I haven't added stand-up yet; I want to keep my face pretty until after my B-Day.

thewilman

thewilman

Awards
  • Established
I will never be as pretty as a young, strapping Wandy.
:toofunny:

That is one HANDSOME mullet!!!

I used to sport a mullet myself back in the 80's! :run:

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I failed to mention that I forgot that I am supposed to ease myself back into training. I have basically hit the ground running: cardio, BJJ, Judo, lifting, and yoga. I haven't added stand-up yet; I want to keep my face pretty until after my B-Day.
Good to hear man. Do you already know who you're fighting next or do you just know that you're fighting in 12 weeks?

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Good to hear man. Do you already know who you're fighting next or do you just know that you're fighting in 12 weeks?
Neither actually, which is why it is a tentative plan. I figure October at the latest, but I hope to have it in early to mid September. Finding an event will not be hard and I already have my license, so all I need to is to sign-up and I am good to go.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Rodja Workout Logs 19
MMA 14
Rodja Supplement Logs 41
Rodja Workout Logs 141
Rodja Supplement Logs 71