Need advice about my son`s rash.

Chad

Chad

Banned
Awards
  • Established
my 7 month old son has had a rash on his belly for a few days and yesterday it jumped up to his head and neck. it seems to itch him a little and he has been very fussy.
anyone have any ideas to help him feel better?

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
I have good luck using coconut oil on my 5 month old. It helps dryness and has all sorts of anti-viral and anti-bacterial properties.

Chad

Chad

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I have good luck using coconut oil on my 5 month old. It helps dryness and has all sorts of anti-viral and anti-bacterial properties.
that sounds good. where do you get it? brand name?

PumpingIron

Awards
  • Established
Sorry bro...hope the little guy get better fast.

Wish I had some advice...

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
that sounds good. where do you get it? brand name?
Full Spectrum is the brand I use but any expellor pressed, non refined CO should be good. It can't hurt at the very least.

yeahright

yeahright

Awards
  • Established
The first thing you do is make sure it's not a serious problem get medical advice).

Then you could try something topical. Sometimes children's benedryl will knock a rash right out but I can't remember at what age they can take it.

Chad

Chad

Banned
Awards
  • Established
The first thing you do is make sure it's not a serious problem get medical advice).

Then you could try something topical. Sometimes children's benedryl will knock a rash right out but I can't remember at what age they can take it.
yeah my wife just went to the store to get some benedryl for him. hope that does the trick. if not we`ll tale him to the doc on tuesday.

yeahright

yeahright

Awards
  • Established
yeah my wife just went to the store to get some benedryl for him. hope that does the trick. if not we`ll tale him to the doc on tuesday.
The bottle won't have a dosing for a kid that small. You need to call the doctor and they'll advise you on the adjusted dose based upon your baby's weight.

Chad

Chad

Banned
Awards
  • Established
The bottle won't have a dosing for a kid that small. You need to call the doctor and they'll advise you on the adjusted dose based upon your baby's weight.
yeah. too bad they dont make a does for babies. i read that heat/allergy rashes are very common on babies. not just the diaper rash.

yeahright

yeahright

Awards
  • Established
yeah. too bad they dont make a does for babies. i read that heat/allergy rashes are very common on babies. not just the diaper rash.
The issue is that children that small can be a wildly different weights....so you can't give a standard dose for a 6 month old. They have a chart which calibrates dosing to bodyweight.

DeerDeer

DeerDeer

Awards
  • Established
For any itchiness, start with topical. CHeck out Sarna cream. It is over the counter. Works great. Above all, if it persists, please consider seeing an MD.

Chad

Chad

Banned
Awards
  • Established
oh he WILL go to the doctor if its not better by tuesday. i am only waiting that long because a nurse told me to give it a few days before bringing him in

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
When I had puritis from my sd cycle I tried everything for it. Aveno baths once, it made it worse actually. The only thing that worked for me was ice cold showers. I used to take a shower at the hospital everyday turned all the way to cold full blast!. It was great. I would get a bucket full of ICE and put my bare feet in it, lay down on the hospital bed and go to sleep like that. Hey, they wouldn't give me any drugs, I had to improvise!. Not that this has much to do with the subject of this thread..Sorry Chad. I hope your son is all better.

Chad

Chad

Banned
Awards
  • Established
oh yeah my son is all better. clear skin and being a happy little baby again!