snoring?

jaydesiel4651

Awards
what causes snoring while you sleep?....is it unhealthy?

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Can be sleep apnea which can cause a host of side effects that mimic other illnesses and disease. Fatigue, depression, weakness, shortness of breath. It can really make ya feel like poopoo

jaydesiel4651

Awards
hmm....i haave those symptoms on some days....its really hard for me to get more then 1-2 hrs of sleep a night while im in bed for 7-8.....i alsom smoke mj alot...is there a relation between smkoing and snoring.....i dont ever remember snoring before i smoked

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Well i'm not a MJ expert although there are a few here that are :) I did a quick google of sleep apnea and marijuana and got exactly what I thought I would...Claims that say it helps it and claims that say it makes it worse. lol

yeahright

yeahright

Awards
  • Established
hmm....i haave those symptoms on some days....its really hard for me to get more then 1-2 hrs of sleep a night while im in bed for 7-8.....i alsom smoke mj alot...is there a relation between smkoing and snoring.....i dont ever remember snoring before i smoked
Try laying off the pot for 2 weeks and see if your sleep improves. If it does, then cut down on the pot consumption to something which doesn't cause you this problem.

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Raising my arms up cuts off the cirulation to both my arms and my head. It sucks

Hoopie

Hoopie

Awards
Ok where do i begin with this one. First off snoring is a sign that you may have some form of sleep apnea. Weather it be caused from obstructive hypopneas(OH), obstructive apneas(OA), or central apneas(CA) and finally a mix of oh's and oa's. Now smoking pot can and will increase the severity of the sleep apnea due to its muscle relaxing effects. Now the fella that listed what sleep apnea can cause is right however it can also cause heart problems and high blood preasure which can then possibly lead into more serious issues.

So is it healthy to snore? NO

What causes snoring? YOu airway is either partially or totally closing off thus allowing little or NO air in.

what causes sleep apnea? obesity, enlarged tonsil and adnoids, and excessive fatty tissue around the uvula /throat area.

How to find out for sure? Get a sleep study done.

cures? lose weight, CPAP(breath a pressurized air to keep airways open while you sleep) surgery

DISCLAIMER-i am not saying you have sleep apnea i am only giving you the signs and symptoms of it. Along with possible cures for it. i have been working in a sleep lab for over 5 years now so yes i have a clue what i am talking about. Also i didnt not go into great detail just a brief overview to give you and others a slight understanding....

jaydesiel4651

Awards
Ok where do i begin with this one. First off snoring is a sign that you may have some form of sleep apnea. Weather it be caused from obstructive hypopneas(OH), obstructive apneas(OA), or central apneas(CA) and finally a mix of oh's and oa's. Now smoking pot can and will increase the severity of the sleep apnea due to its muscle relaxing effects. Now the fella that listed what sleep apnea can cause is right however it can also cause heart problems and high blood preasure which can then possibly lead into more serious issues.

So is it healthy to snore? NO

What causes snoring? YOu airway is either partially or totally closing off thus allowing little or NO air in.

what causes sleep apnea? obesity, enlarged tonsil and adnoids, and excessive fatty tissue around the uvula /throat area.

How to find out for sure? Get a sleep study done.

cures? lose weight, CPAP(breath a pressurized air to keep airways open while you sleep) surgery

DISCLAIMER-i am not saying you have sleep apnea i am only giving you the signs and symptoms of it. Along with possible cures for it. i have been working in a sleep lab for over 5 years now so yes i have a clue what i am talking about. Also i didnt not go into great detail just a brief overview to give you and others a slight understanding....

hmm.....about how much would it coust to get a sleep study done....does that mean i go somewhere, get some wires hooked up and people watch me sleep?

Chad

Chad

Banned
Awards
  • Established
yeah i sleep on my side and whatever side i sleep on that arm gets all fcuked up and wakes me up with pins and needles. i cant sleep on my back unless i pass out.

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I have a sleep study in June sometime. They are backed up in this area. Cost will depend on your insurance.

Chippewa

Chippewa

Awards
  • Established
I snore whenever I bulk, and I have to sleep on the couch. It's clearly weight-related, and when I cut down again my snoring stops.

Chad

Chad

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I snore whenever I bulk, and I have to sleep on the couch. It's clearly weight-related, and when I cut down again my snoring stops.
that is true. when i got out of boot camp i was 196. the lightest ive been in awhile and my wife said that i didnt snore anymore but as soon as i started bulking back up the snoring came back with it.

Zero Tolerance

Awards
  • Established
I think I have sleep apnea pretty bad.. I snore a lot. A choking snore like I can't breathe. My wife beats me up every night. My sinuses are pretty messed-up but when I was lighter, I didn't snore.