snoring?

1. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    24.17%

snoring?

what causes snoring while you sleep?....is it unhealthy?

2. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    47.74%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

Can be sleep apnea which can cause a host of side effects that mimic other illnesses and disease. Fatigue, depression, weakness, shortness of breath. It can really make ya feel like poopoo
  3. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    24.17%

hmm....i haave those symptoms on some days....its really hard for me to get more then 1-2 hrs of sleep a night while im in bed for 7-8.....i alsom smoke mj alot...is there a relation between smkoing and snoring.....i dont ever remember snoring before i smoked
    •   

4. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    47.74%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

Well i'm not a MJ expert although there are a few here that are I did a quick google of sleep apnea and marijuana and got exactly what I thought I would...Claims that say it helps it and claims that say it makes it worse. lol
  5. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    98.25%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by jaydesiel4651 View Post
    hmm....i haave those symptoms on some days....its really hard for me to get more then 1-2 hrs of sleep a night while im in bed for 7-8.....i alsom smoke mj alot...is there a relation between smkoing and snoring.....i dont ever remember snoring before i smoked
    Try laying off the pot for 2 weeks and see if your sleep improves. If it does, then cut down on the pot consumption to something which doesn't cause you this problem.
  6. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'8"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    70.39%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

I read somewhere that sleep apnea is more common amongst larger guys due to their neck size.

EDIT: Found something similar:Quietsleep - oral appliance therapy for snoring and sleep apnea
    RcB Since 09-06-2011 20:55 EST, Post 49
  7. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    47.74%

Raising my arms up cuts off the cirulation to both my arms and my head. It sucks
  8. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    67.5%

Ok where do i begin with this one. First off snoring is a sign that you may have some form of sleep apnea. Weather it be caused from obstructive hypopneas(OH), obstructive apneas(OA), or central apneas(CA) and finally a mix of oh's and oa's. Now smoking pot can and will increase the severity of the sleep apnea due to its muscle relaxing effects. Now the fella that listed what sleep apnea can cause is right however it can also cause heart problems and high blood preasure which can then possibly lead into more serious issues.

So is it healthy to snore? NO

What causes snoring? YOu airway is either partially or totally closing off thus allowing little or NO air in.

what causes sleep apnea? obesity, enlarged tonsil and adnoids, and excessive fatty tissue around the uvula /throat area.

How to find out for sure? Get a sleep study done.

cures? lose weight, CPAP(breath a pressurized air to keep airways open while you sleep) surgery

DISCLAIMER-i am not saying you have sleep apnea i am only giving you the signs and symptoms of it. Along with possible cures for it. i have been working in a sleep lab for over 5 years now so yes i have a clue what i am talking about. Also i didnt not go into great detail just a brief overview to give you and others a slight understanding....
  9. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    24.17%

Quote Originally Posted by Hoopie View Post
    Ok where do i begin with this one. First off snoring is a sign that you may have some form of sleep apnea. Weather it be caused from obstructive hypopneas(OH), obstructive apneas(OA), or central apneas(CA) and finally a mix of oh's and oa's. Now smoking pot can and will increase the severity of the sleep apnea due to its muscle relaxing effects. Now the fella that listed what sleep apnea can cause is right however it can also cause heart problems and high blood preasure which can then possibly lead into more serious issues.

So is it healthy to snore? NO

What causes snoring? YOu airway is either partially or totally closing off thus allowing little or NO air in.

what causes sleep apnea? obesity, enlarged tonsil and adnoids, and excessive fatty tissue around the uvula /throat area.

How to find out for sure? Get a sleep study done.

cures? lose weight, CPAP(breath a pressurized air to keep airways open while you sleep) surgery

DISCLAIMER-i am not saying you have sleep apnea i am only giving you the signs and symptoms of it. Along with possible cures for it. i have been working in a sleep lab for over 5 years now so yes i have a clue what i am talking about. Also i didnt not go into great detail just a brief overview to give you and others a slight understanding....

hmm.....about how much would it coust to get a sleep study done....does that mean i go somewhere, get some wires hooked up and people watch me sleep?
  10. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  185 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    8.74%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Jayhawkk View Post
    Raising my arms up cuts off the cirulation to both my arms and my head. It sucks
    This happens if I just have one arm up, sux big time
  11. Banned
    Stats
    6'1"  281 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    51.35%

yeah i sleep on my side and whatever side i sleep on that arm gets all fcuked up and wakes me up with pins and needles. i cant sleep on my back unless i pass out.
  12. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    47.74%

I have a sleep study in June sometime. They are backed up in this area. Cost will depend on your insurance.
  13. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    86.88%

I snore whenever I bulk, and I have to sleep on the couch. It's clearly weight-related, and when I cut down again my snoring stops.
  14. Banned
    Stats
    6'1"  281 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    51.35%

Quote Originally Posted by Chippewa View Post
    I snore whenever I bulk, and I have to sleep on the couch. It's clearly weight-related, and when I cut down again my snoring stops.
    that is true. when i got out of boot camp i was 196. the lightest ive been in awhile and my wife said that i didnt snore anymore but as soon as i started bulking back up the snoring came back with it.
  15. Registered User
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    67.69%
    Achievements Posting Pro

I think I have sleep apnea pretty bad.. I snore a lot. A choking snore like I can't breathe. My wife beats me up every night. My sinuses are pretty messed-up but when I was lighter, I didn't snore.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Week 7 of cycle and snore like a chainsaw all the sudden.
    By depfreeman450 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-10-2010, 03:21 PM
  2. 40 lbs in 2.5 years, now I snore like a banchi...
    By Jim Mills in forum 35 and Older
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 03-07-2007, 07:24 PM
  3. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-08-2006, 09:26 AM
  4. Snoring, it can be deadly!
    By Matthew D in forum General Chat
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-27-2004, 01:06 AM
  5. Increased Snoring
    By Gmonkey in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 3