"The Gift" A powerful song

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Seems to be an actual song about the lead singer's mom.

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
Man, that's rough.

Great sound..too depressing to workout to once you know the context.

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
No kiddin'. There's the one scene where it's dark and he's singing into the mic and his eyes just have that look of pain that did it for me.

OCCFan023

OCCFan023

Awards
  • Established
I did not see that comming, I was more expecting her to walk out on him. I felt like the music video was like watching a short movie and actually jumped back a little once I saw her OD then see a child wake up to a note like that.

edit** I read the lyrics and it is especially downing during the verse that seems like it really is his mother speaking or straight from the letter she left.

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Good song..... What's the bands name?

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Five.Bolt.Main but from what I understand they are sort of broke up and several of the members are in another band now...The whole fiasco can be found if you google Five.Bolt.Main and read the wiki page.

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yep, just searched for it... good song. I think that it's a new project by the lead singer who use to be in the band "Flawed". Anybody who's heard "only the strong" nows that band. I thinked Flawed is probably now Five.Bolt.Main.

BryanFury

Awards
Flaw by the way, not Flawed, incase people search for the older albums.

YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.

Dont know the tags to imbed it, it rings of the original post. One of my favorite songs by them.