tattos in the military? - AnabolicMinds.com

tattos in the military?

1. New Member

tattos in the military?

well i was watching the news and came across segment that says that they are restricting military people to have tattoos below the elbow. I think its ****ty.. What are people thoughts on this?

2. Registered User
    Stats
    6'3"  252 lbs.

Somebody just told me that yesterday. That is ****ing stupid as hell!

We'll put in front of bullets and bombs, but you can't have a tattoo! WTF!
  3. Board Sponsor

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by ModelMike View Post
    well i was watching the news and came across segment that says that they are restricting military people to have tattoos below the elbow. I think its ****ty.. What are people thoughts on this?
    I hope they are paying to have all the currents removed then.

I honestly dont see this happening, or at least enforced. Rule prior was you cannot have over 25% of an exposed body part covered.

Bottom line, politics are putting their hand into the military to much. Giving a order to perform a task is one thing.... but for Gods sakes... let me have at least a FEW of my freedoms.

Adams
    The Historic PES Legend
    •   

4. Board Sponsor

That's nothing new, they started that when I went to Benning in '96.. I got a wolf on my right bicep, and I kinda got sh!t for it, but they mainly were saying not to get anymore ink lower on the arm..
  5. New Member

Ya i know, but i guess now they are having to put it in writting saying they will not get tattoos below the elbow and the knee. I guess you could get discharged for this?
  6. New Member

I remember when I was in , a guy got " F*** YOU SIR " tatooed on the outside of his right hand, so every time he saluted an officer that was what he saw.
  7. New Member

lol... thats ****ing funny
  8. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  265 lbs.

Shouldn't they be more worried about the well being of the soldiers ? Why focus on petty little things ?
  9. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.

It's their way of trying to have a more professional soldier look. While I agree with not wanting to have soldiers look like they should be on the block I disagree with how they are going about doing it.
  10. Board Sponsor

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by Jayhawkk View Post
    It's their way of trying to have a more professional soldier look. While I agree with not wanting to have soldiers look like they should be on the block I disagree with how they are going about doing it.
    Yes that is the reason... but military tattoos, and tattoos in general in the military date back to the begining of the military. Its an unwritten tradition. Just as alot of the customs and courtisies. You wouldnt just stop thoughs.

Adams
    The Historic PES Legend
  11. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.

I agree and I think there is a lot of tradition with tattoos but it should be tempered with society as with everything else instead of picking and choosing. Most places have strict limitations on cadence calling where 15+ years ago the average Cadence rating was R. Now it's barely PG13.

I think the restrictions should be in the line of type versus location and size. Hate related tattoos for example, should be strictly enforced over having a tattoo on the forearm.
  12. Board Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by Jayhawkk View Post
    I agree and I think there is a lot of tradition with tattoos but it should be tempered with society as with everything else instead of picking and choosing. Most places have strict limitations on cadence calling where 15+ years ago the average Cadence rating was R. Now it's barely PG13.

I think the restrictions should be in the line of type versus location and size. Hate related tattoos for example, should be strictly enforced over having a tattoo on the forearm.
    Agreed... Though the candence I always called was R and above!!!

Content is very much agreed. I agree you shouldnt be allowed to get racial Tattoos, but placement shouldnt have any hand of in it.

Adams
    The Historic PES Legend
  13. New Member

well then, i guess id never be accepted. legs are covered in ink.
  14. New Member

There has to be a line drawn somewhere. If there is no restriction then people will run wild. The military is a unique profession that has very strict rules and it is part of the military culture. There has to be good order and discipline and once that is compromised there is chaos and puts the countries security in jeopardy. I agree that tats shouldn't be visible in uniform...any uniform. I can only speak for my branch...but if you get a tat above your shirt line (neck) you are going to get ****, if not kicked out. When you join the military it is pretty clear on what the rules are...if you don't like them you don't have to stay...but if you stay you have to comply!

My 2 pennies!
  15. New Member

i'm in the marines and the tattoo ban is idiotic, there are a number of people who are actually not reinlisting because of the new policy - complete stupidity
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Substances banned in the Military
    By ChuckBooty in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 11-22-2010, 03:49 PM
  2. Replies: 35
    Last Post: 01-30-2009, 10:54 AM
  3. is superdrol ng legal in the military?
    By risky187 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 01-04-2008, 07:39 PM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-29-2006, 01:38 PM
  5. PH'S IN THE MILITARY
    By GorillaPimp631 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 09-15-2005, 08:03 AM