just bought a olevia lcd and....

wojo

wojo

Awards
  • Established
anyway im technically retarded when it comes to this new age of digital video.so i researched a lot of lcd's decided to go with the olevia 332h monitor.well i knew i needed a digital box for this to work,there coming next wednesday to install my direct tv.heres the thing tho i tried hhoking up my vcr so i could use the tuner in the vcr but i couldnt get it to work so i decided to call olevia's custoomer service and i couldnt get a techie online.it just keeps ringing..anyone else experience this with olevia? all i have heard is good reviews of them

dlew308

dlew308

Awards
  • Established
Do you only have a vcr? Just wait til your directv comes in. Analog signals look real crappy on HDTV's....

wojo

wojo

Awards
  • Established
thats the thing i couldnt even get a signal..lol..my dvd doesnt have a in port for a cable wire and the directions recommend a vcr which did have a input for the cable wire.i guess this should be easy for a lot of people but like i said i dont understand a lot the new stuff out there

dlew308

dlew308

Awards
  • Established
Are you talking about the antenna input from your cable/satellite to the vcr's antenna in and from the vcr's out to the tv's antenna in?
That should work, make sure you set the tv's input mode to antenna.