Nation wide gym chain says "No Grunting"

Page 1 of 3 123 Last
  1. Nation wide gym chain says "No Grunting"


    I don't have the name of this chain because they haven't mentioned it yet. This is coming from the "Today Show". If you "grunt" while working out, go find another place to train. Ahh, The United States. First we define the "Metrosexual" and now this. Train hard folks, you are guaranteed to stick out among the new world inhabitants. What a candy ass world we live in.

    Can someone please post the vid of this story when it airs, thanks.

    •   
       


  2. The name of the chain is Planet Fitness. At least i'm pretty sure it is. That place is a metrosexual gym, more like a nightclub or some s***. Lets get dressed up and put on our metrosexual makeup and go hit the gym and talk to other p***ys about the color mauve.

    I think they also have an alarm they ring to call you out if you broke the rules by grunting.

  3. Quote Originally Posted by Mach .78 View Post
    I don't have the name of this chain because they haven't mentioned it yet. This is coming from the "Today Show". If you "grunt" while working out, go find another place to train. Ahh, The United States. First we define the "Metrosexual" and now this. Train hard folks, you are guaranteed to stick out among the new world inhabitants. What a candy ass world we live in.

    Can someone please post the vid of this story when it airs, thanks.
    Phucking Ridiculous!!!!...What an outrage!!!?..If you are gonna work out hard, you may need to "Grunt!"..This guy was just breathing!!!!...Breath in through your nose durning eccentric, out through your mouth during concentric!!!..Damn it!,heres the link,

    YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.

    Heres their website, feel free to send nasty hate mail!,

    Planet Fitness® -- The Judgment Free Zone®

  4. My wife and I saw that this morning. The *****fying of America continues.

    I wonder what the average mans test level is in there?
    •   
       


  5. hatemail sent

  6. Wow! Thats all i can say! Wow! I think I am gonna go eat some raw meat in a corner and grunt to myself.
    My The 1 LOG: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/steroids/254164-my-one-log.html

  7. ****, I thought Bally's was pretty metrosexual. That place just walked away with metrosexual gym award of the year. I never really grunt but I do breathe pretty damn hard sometimes and from the sounds of it I would be grunting, WTF happened to our world !

  8. Quote Originally Posted by Iron Warrior View Post
    ****, I thought Bally's was pretty metrosexual. That place just walked away with metrosexual gym award of the year. I never really grunt but I do breathe pretty damn hard sometimes and from the sounds of it I would be grunting, WTF happened to our world !
    Yeah Bally bought out some planet fitness gyms..I saw an article while searching about this. Anyway here is an article as opposed to a video,

    No Grunting, They Said, and He Was at the Gym - New York Times

  9. I try not to grunt, but sometimes it's unavoidable IMO...

    Like when that hot fitness model is over in the corner with spandex on doing Smith Squats.

  10. I wonder what the punishment is for dry heaving or puking after squats?

    Edit: It also says that the lunk alarm will go off if someone Judges..isn't that what they do?

  11. I think they just dont want big people there, they probly want to maintain an image of being a casual gym, Im sure a lot of girls there do bone toning rep ranges to burn fat, as instructed by the trainers ofcourse.

  12. They made one exception:

    The only grunting allowed is when you're hitting your buddy in the can in the steam room.

  13. I heard on the radio that some guy was kicked out after grunting while benching 500 + lbs.

    I think golds will be next. Some dude at my gym said they arent getting anything over 120 db's because "they dont want rude meat heads in here." They have also "walled off" half the gym for womens use only.

    We need to get COMPLETLEY pussified, just like we got completley disko in the 70's. Only then will things start to go back to normal.

    update- Their slogan is "the judgement free zone." Unless your a meat head I guess.

  14. Quote Originally Posted by spatch View Post
    I heard on the radio that some guy was kicked out after grunting while benching 500 + lbs.

    I think golds will be next. Some dude at my gym said they arent getting anything over 120 db's because "they dont want rude meat heads in here." They have also "walled off" half the gym for womens use only.

    We need to get COMPLETLEY pussified, just like we got completley disko in the 70's. Only then will things start to go back to normal.

    update- Their slogan is "the judgement free zone." Unless your a meat head I guess.

    The guy was squating 500+, read the links. Anyway, I agree with you. They are contradicting themselves by saying, "Judgement Free Zone", when they are themselves judging anyone who pushes themselves enough to make some kind noise while working out.

  15. Whats stupid is by not exhaling properly during a lift you can do damage to your eyes.
    News in Science - Pumping iron can damage your eyes - 12/09/2006

    Idiots, what the hell do they teach personal trainers in class anyway.

  16. Well so far there's not rule about farting And thank GOD for that because I would have been handcuffed and taken away by the police during my workout yesterday

    Btw, how much you want to bet that the same complainers would have no problem sitting in a preacher curl bench with a 20 lb dumb bell in one hand and their cell phone in the other "Ohh My GAAWWD DID YOU SEE IDOL LAST NIGGHHT!???".

    So soft

  17. Stupid for it to not be allowed, but grunting is pretty annoying. Is it really necessary?

  18. Ugh?
    :squat:

  19. Quote Originally Posted by wideguy View Post

    Btw, how much you want to bet that the same complainers would have no problem sitting in a preacher curl bench with a 20 lb dumb bell in one hand and their cell phone in the other "Ohh My GAAWWD DID YOU SEE IDOL LAST NIGGHHT!???".

    So soft
    In the video when they showed the rules on the wall, I think it said No Cell phones and a bunch of other things.

  20. Here is some user quotes from the Planet Fitness website relating to this:

    "You truly are the Judgment Free Zone. I never hear the body builders grunting and groaning, or weights slamming around... It's also great to see people in wheel chairs or with disabilities getting in on the machines just as easily as everyone else. Everyone is equal!"
    Samantha M.

    "There are people of all ages, shapes and sizes. The staff does a great job of putting a halt to any show-off behavior before it gets out of control. The atmosphere is just easy going. It's great!"
    Adrienne D.

    "I love the fact that it is not a muscle gym and all types of people/fitness levels can work out together"
    Brenda A.

  21. I may not like their policy but I don't have to be a member there. I think private enterprise should have the right to run their business anyway they want (within legal boundaries).

    It would be interesting to open a gym with a "no-metro" rule or a "no homos in the locker room" rule or a "no fat trainer" rule. I'm sure the ACLU would be all over that one.

  22. Quote Originally Posted by bpmartyr View Post
    I may not like their policy but I don't have to be a member there. I think private enterprise should have the right to run their business anyway they want (within legal boundaries).

    It would be interesting to open a gym with a "no-metro" rule or a "no homos in the locker room" rule or a "no fat trainer" rule. I'm sure the ACLU would be all over that one.

    I wonder how long it would take for you to be shut down when you 1st fire your "no lisp alarm"

  23. this is a retarded rule.

  24. Quote Originally Posted by bpmartyr View Post
    I may not like their policy but I don't have to be a member there. I think private enterprise should have the right to run their business anyway they want (within legal boundaries).

    It would be interesting to open a gym with a "no-metro" rule or a "no homos in the locker room" rule or a "no fat trainer" rule. I'm sure the ACLU would be all over that one.
    you thtop that you meat head

    I love, LOVE the TOTALLY DISGUSTED faces middle age house wives make when me or someone grabs the 120 off the DB rack. It makes my day every time.

    I cant wait until I am strong enough to permanently bend the bar when doing squats
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. September 2015 = massive nation wide terror?
    By baxtecal in forum Politics
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 07-01-2015, 07:56 AM
  2. Good Certification for gym chains?
    By modernoscar in forum Supplements
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 06-19-2014, 11:21 PM
  3. Nation Wide HCG shortage? HCG alternative?
    By trytestim in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-28-2012, 08:46 PM
  4. No grunting at Planet Fitness, now Wimbledon?
    By ax1 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 06-29-2011, 08:11 PM
Log in
Log in