Get the Newbie!

  1. New Member
    Mega NRG Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Age
    24
    Posts
    213
    Rep Power
    202
    Level
    12
    Lv. Percent
    41.31%

    Get the Newbie!


    Hello. I am a soft, delicious Newbie that can be easily destroyed by any of you huge, hulking folks who can curl 100lbs. with your middle fingers. Please take the time to learn a little about me in this introductory post before you all converge upon me.

    First, you should know about my current stats:

    Name: Mega NRG Man

    Age: 16

    Sign: Pisces

    Height: 5' 8"
    Chest: 44"
    Waist: 37"
    Hips: 36"

    I weigh in at 194 lbs. Now, here's my history.

    Two years ago I was 250lbs. dry. At about this time my doctor suggested that I lose some weight. I found a PT(bad idea)and while she DID show me the ropes, I lost a grand total of two pounds in several months. That did not do, so I left shortly after my first magical two pounds and joined a gym. Then I hit the stationary bikes and in a few months I was at 200.

    Meanwhile I continued to lift, doing the bare minimum, and my body was becoming fairly strong. Nothing fancy or really impressive, like the dudes who can curl 80lbs with their ****, but I received a good boost in strength, and my upper body and leg muscles become more well defined.

    Cue the Hospital visit. It was unrelated to my exercising but it put me outta action for a long time and I gained quite a bit of fat. Then I managed to fight that back off when I returned to duty.

    Exit 2006. I am now at 194.

    le sigh


    Anyhow, I take multivitamins, do the usual protein shake thing after lifting...but my diet is fairly bad. I stay off the high-fat foods, oily, greasy, fried stuff, and eat my greens and veggies and so forth, but majority of the time I eat one or two meals a day due to my pressed schedule.

    And that's my sob story. Maybe you guys can help me out, since you've got years of experience and such on me. Maybe not. Either way I'll at least have a place to hang out.

  2. New Member
    nvr2loud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    301
    Rep Power
    263
    Level
    14
    Lv. Percent
    56.97%

    Welcome. You have joined the right forum for information. Just search and read around and ask questions that you couldn't find the answers to with the search feature.
    Again, welcome aboard.
  3. Elite Member
    jmh80's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Age
    34
    Posts
    8,110
    Rep Power
    9664
    Level
    57
    Lv. Percent
    88.63%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by Mega NRG Man View Post
    Hello. I am a soft, delicious Newbie that can be easily destroyed by any of you huge, hulking folks who can curl 100lbs. with your middle fingers. Please take the time to learn a little about me in this introductory post before you all converge upon me.

    Just don't post your email address looking for someone to email you about obtaining certain illegal substances. I'll be forced (with my compadre Jayhawwk) to email you with copious amounts of midget and gay porn.



    BTW - ain't no way you be's 16. Y'all ain't be talkin' all correc' like you iz above.


    Edit - reps for you. Best intro post I've seen in a long while.
    •   
       

  4. New Member
    Mega NRG Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Age
    24
    Posts
    213
    Rep Power
    202
    Level
    12
    Lv. Percent
    41.31%

    Quote Originally Posted by nvr2loud
    Welcome. You have joined the right forum for information. Just search and read around and ask questions that you couldn't find the answers to with the search feature.
    Again, welcome aboard.
    Thank you. I plan on copiously using the search button to the best of my ability.

    Quote Originally Posted by jmh80 View Post

    Just don't post your email address looking for someone to email you about obtaining certain illegal substances. I'll be forced (with my compadre Jayhawwk) to email you with copious amounts of midget and gay porn.



    BTW - ain't no way you be's 16. Y'all ain't be talkin' all correc' like you iz above.


    Edit - reps for you. Best intro post I've seen in a long while.
    *salute*

    Roger that.

    I want to make it very clear that my young age gives me a fairly good reason to be considerably weaker than some of the folks on here, since most of you have probably been doing this for longer than I've been alive. So please forgive me if I can't quite keep up with some of the Herculean tasks on here.

    And thanks for the reps.
  5. New Member
    phillyb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Age
    29
    Posts
    106
    Rep Power
    159
    Level
    9
    Lv. Percent
    41.4%

    Quote Originally Posted by Mega NRG Man View Post
    Nothing fancy or really impressive, like the dudes who can curl 80lbs with their ****
    Hey its 90lbs get it right!

    But seriously, welcome to the board. Read read and read some more. Don't be afraid to ask any questions beacause we're all here to help each other.
  6. New Member
    Mega NRG Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Age
    24
    Posts
    213
    Rep Power
    202
    Level
    12
    Lv. Percent
    41.31%

    Quote Originally Posted by phillyb View Post
    Hey its 90lbs get it right!

    Now I'm going to feel like even more of a failure when I'm bicep curling that much. The interior trauma will permanently scar me...


    Just kidding, I'm used to being the weakest compared to the "Incredible Bulk" types.
  7. Elite Member
    jmh80's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Age
    34
    Posts
    8,110
    Rep Power
    9664
    Level
    57
    Lv. Percent
    88.63%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Hell - some of us on here aren't even lifting right now. (Bum shoulder - and someone stole my MP3 player and beloved Shure earbuds. ) I'm probably weaker than you are.


    We only have "Ingestible Bulk" types here on AM. (Where's that Jumbo shrimp mod Lean One? His ears must be burning...)
  8. Elite Member
    jmh80's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Age
    34
    Posts
    8,110
    Rep Power
    9664
    Level
    57
    Lv. Percent
    88.63%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Wait a sec - what is that av of? Mega Man???

    I haven't SEEN that game since probably the early 90's - when you were like 2 or 3.
    ( Man - that was just odd as sh*t to say. Now I feel damn old. I need to go to bed.)
  9. New Member
    Mega NRG Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Age
    24
    Posts
    213
    Rep Power
    202
    Level
    12
    Lv. Percent
    41.31%

    Quote Originally Posted by jmh80 View Post
    Hell - some of us on here aren't even lifting right now. (Bum shoulder - and someone stole my MP3 player and beloved Shure earbuds. ) I'm probably weaker than you are.


    We only have "Ingestible Bulk" types here on AM. (Where's that Jumbo shrimp mod Lean One? His ears must be burning...)
    I'm willing to bet you're bigger than I am, though. And some of these guys on here look like they could eat me for a tiny afternoon snack after lifting. I've lurked after all

    I'd post my workout log but I'm nervous so I'll have to work up the courage

    Quote Originally Posted by jmh80 View Post
    Wait a sec - what is that av of? Mega Man???

    I haven't SEEN that game since probably the early 90's - when you were like 2 or 3.
    ( Man - that was just odd as sh*t to say. Now I feel damn old. I need to go to bed.)
    No, it's a digitized version of Nero Chaos, from the Moon Princess game.
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-19-2014, 02:42 PM
  2. Getting The Most From Your Orals
    By YellowJacket in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 08-19-2004, 04:09 AM
  3. Getting the showering routine down...
    By DieTrying in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 07-21-2003, 11:30 PM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-08-2003, 12:00 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in