Best Metal/Rock band for the gym..

good_guye28

Awards
  • Established
Whats your favorite music for the gym? or even just out and about?

Well we pretty much know everyone loves Metallica but what are your favorites for the gym? or just your favorites period...

sage

sage

Awards
  • Established
im a hip-hop lover. only metallica and some older altnernative music (nirvana, pearl jam, and other bands i grew up with ....offspring, soundgarden) are the ones i enjoy while lifting. as for hiphop, ill go with Tupac, Nas, biggie, 50, Wu, Em, most death row and Jay-z for my choices.

good_guye28

Awards
  • Established
I like:
Static X
Megedeath
Rammstein
Pantera
Metallica
Korn
just to name a few

call me a sissy but i really like alot of the hair bands of the 80's
Motely Crue
Poison
Cinderella
Yeah im 34 so i grew up with all of that....

Draven

Awards
  • Established
Disturbed
Limp Bizkit
System of a down
Nonpoint
Linkin Park
God Smack
Foo Fighters
Finger Eleven

And more...

blinky

Awards
I really like old punk like
Misfits
Dead Kennedys
The Stooges
Samhain

others include
Danzig
AFI

lifted

lifted

Awards
  • Established
pantera
disturbed
superjoint(phil's other band)
Tool
meshugga
soundgarden
rage against the machine
danzig
slipknot
bump on the static x goodguye,heh
deftones

anything that gets my blood flowin, adrenaline pumpin, and puts me into a barbarian kinda mood.:D

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

I am faster than 80% of all snakes
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Slipknot.

Thats all u need.

windwords7

Awards
  • Established
RATM, Disturbed, Tool, 12 Stones, any Rap Metal, etc.

jweave23

Awards
  • Established
I like everything above, great stuff. Disturbed has been in constant rotation for me also. Anyone hear Evanescence (the one with the girl singer...the single was from the Daredvil soundtrack)? Good ****, and she's hot as hell :D

windwords7

Awards
  • Established
I love Evanescense just not what I would consider workout music. I have burned one CD so far of them and love it. Their older stuff is very good as well and yes, she is hot.

good_guye28

Awards
  • Established
i cant get that song (evenescense)out of my head, they play it non stop here on the radio but i still think its wicked. i agree not quite gym attitude though..

ManBeast

ManBeast

Awards
  • Established
hatebreed, rammstein, slipknot, pantera, slayer (god hates us all album is great), mudvayne, metallica, tool, superjoint ritual, down, RATM, etc.

NPursuit

Awards
  • Established
Well I''ve converted to a Trance/Techno lover but for pounding out hard sets nothing beats Metallica or Korn. For non metal stuff I'll toss in Eminem, or Tupac. Nothing beats trance for keeping you going on the treadmill though.

jminis

jminis

Awards
  • Established
I enjoy the backstreet boys and new kids on the block. They really get me going. Seriously though I have issues and deep seeded anger so I listen to Marlyn Manson and some Rob Zombie.

motleybreu

Awards
metallica is no doubt the best metal band ever..motley crue, skid row, GNR, audioslave to name a few

Biggs

Awards
  • Established
hell yeah, Breu kicks it 80's glam metal style... kickstart my heart eh? :D .......... oh **** you forgot Bon Jovi! come on now, "shot through the heart..!".. heheh :D

MetallicA

RATM

Disturbed

System of a Down

Tool

Evanescence (leaving the gym... her voice is too damn relaxing)

Meshuggah

Deftones

met and rage are faves though

good_guye28

Awards
  • Established
hey like i said anything 80's rock i listen to. i get on kazaa and spend the whole day downloading that stuff. sometimes i go to work and pick everyones heads to try and remember all of the 80's bands.

im gonna have to look up some of these that people have wrote about, some i have never heard of.

Frankie

The System - Channel 82 on XM Radio, the Satellite Radio service.

scotty2

Awards
  • Established
Chimaira, slipknot, ill nino, killswitch engage, otep, lamb of god, just for starters, I'm leaving out a shitload.

blinky

Awards
Scotty2
Otep is crazy. They are definately one of the hardest bands I have ever heard and their singer is a girl. They friggin bring a gutted pig onstage during their shows. They are nuts.

Sir Foxx

Sir Foxx

Awards
  • Established
I'm sure noone could guess my favorite but here it is:

VAN HALEN

motleybreu

Awards
hell yeah, Breu kicks it 80's glam metal style... kickstart my heart eh? :D .......... oh **** you forgot Bon Jovi! come on now, "shot through the heart..!".. heheh :D

BON JOVI IS THE MAN!!!! i'd love to see him in concert..just not thinkin thats why i forgot him..

Bone

Awards
I like Slipknot, Ill nino, Snot, system of a down............... Everybody looks at me like Im crazy cause you can heard my music through my headphones from about ten feet away :D

Peace

Bone

u4ik_rage

Awards
I have issues and deep seeded anger so I listen to Marlyn Manson and some Rob Zombie.
I recommend Nine Inch Nails to bring out that wealth of hate that grows so deep inside you.

dieseldude

Awards
Hatebreed (glad to see someone else likes em too)
Tool
NIN
Rage Against The Machine
VH
System of A down

All upbeat hip-hop get your groove on stuff is fine with me too.

Im in a Godsmack type of mood for today.

lifted

lifted

Awards
  • Established
all u guys that like NIN, whats ur fav. album?

mine would probably be pretty hate machine, or broken.

btw, have any of u heard Suicidal Tendencies? they are the ones that wrote the song that those fags from Limp Bizkit stole about the "All i wanted was a Pepsi, just one Pepsi far from suicidal, etc"

old school, but def. fun to listen to.:D

u4ik_rage

Awards
all u guys that like NIN, whats ur fav. album?

mine would probably be pretty hate machine, or broken.

Pretty Hate and Downward Spiral are both classics but the Fragile really gets me going, even though it's softer (no pun intended).

lifted

lifted

Awards
  • Established

Pretty Hate and Downward Spiral are both classics but the Fragile really gets me going, even though it's softer (no pun intended).
i agree, i can always listen to any of them as well.

have u heard the "new" version of hurt by Johnny Cash? weird and unique, to say the least.

SCORPIO

Awards
  • Established
Right on Jergo, Suicidal tendencies all the way!! Some others:
Pantera
Super Joint Ritual
Down
Saxon
Judas Preist/ Rob Halford
Hate Breed
Soul Fly
AC/DC
Tesla
Slayer
Slip Knot
Old Metallica......don't like none of their latest stuff
Breakin Benjamin
Hed PE
Anthrax
Iron Maiden
Black Sabath
Alice n Chains
Sound Garden

scotty2

Awards
  • Established
Was just gonna post that I forgot Soulfly. try some Dry Kill Logic as well, Poison the well is good, and 40 Below Summer.

SCORPIO

Awards
  • Established
Some other bands I recently ran into that are pretty hard and fast :
At the Gates
ZAO
Dark Tranquility
Nail Within
Quo Vadis