advice on picking up women...

C

Cold

Awards
The title pretty much sums up what I need. I don't know if you guys remember but I broke up with a girl I honestly thought I would marry someday over the summer. It was probably one of the most painful experiences I have ever gone through. In fact, almost 5 months later I'm still not completly over her. I'm sure it's the fact that I have a hard time picking up, and interacting with decent looking women.

So what advice can you guys/girls give me? Usually I have to be pretty tipsy before I can loosen up and talk with them freely. But I have a hard time keeping them interested. As for confidence...well...I'm working on it. I'm not the best looking guy, plus I'm pretty short. Anyways, any advice is greatly appreciated!

C

Cold

Awards
Thought I'd also mention I'm ordering the book The Game by Neil Strauss. Hopefully that will help. God I sound pathetic.:sad:

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
Don't worry Cold, we weren't given a manual on how to pick up women when we were born. If you want to pick up good girls just be yourself with a dash of confidence and humor. I don't know a damn thing about books on picking up women but I actually had this to say to Dazzlin Jack in a thread. This applies to clubs & bars.

This is a technique that works for me a lot. When I go into a club/bar, I change my entire MO and say "This is MY house and I'me here to have a blast" This is important because 90% of the other guys you see in a club are just lurkers from the minute they go in the club. The ladies are scouting you when you're not watching and they'll pick up this and other things. The lurkers go home empty handed because they don't have the balls/skills/confidence to pick up women. The lurkers never look like they're having a fun time so why would a woman waste her time on someone who seems like 90% of the guys in the club ?

The ladies will see that you're there to have fun and this attracts them. Ladies love the funny, confident, and exciting guys. I then go spark a conversation with some woman and I usually say "you got great looks, but what other skills do you have ?" I end the conversation as soon as I see she's into me and say "hey, my friend is celebrating his b-day and I'm here to chill with him, nice talking to you" I then repeat this process with other ladies. Some guys only talk to one woman the entire night and you should never lay all your eggs in one basket !

Before I leave, I look for whoever I found to be the best match for me and I'll go over and say "I met some women tonight but you blew your competition out of the water ! I'm making you my first round pick and I need your number so we can hook up later for something cool" Girls need compliments with funny remarks ;)

G

glenihan

Awards
  • Established
just be yourself and be very confident (even if you have to force it)

confidence doesn't mean bragging or arrogance .. it just means carrying yourself in a way that shows you are extremely comfortable with yourself

there isn't any one right or wrong way .. it all depends on your personality .. you can't force yourself to be something you're not so just be as comfortable with yourself around a girl as you are around your best friends ... girls are absolutely drawn to confidence moreso than anything else

T

tattoopierced1

one word: chloroform

j/k

Just go into it like you arent trying to get anything out of her, that should relax you enough to where you can just talk and go from there. Alot of guys put (as in the word of the 40 yr old virgin), the "pussy on the pedestal"

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
1.Russian mail order brides!

2.Join the military or at least get a uniform and hang out around on-post housing while units are on deployment

3. Have a lot of money

4. Have a nice car

5. Have a personality

6. Keep unslightly and long body hair trimmed

7. Any combination of the above

You can try some of these

And if all else fails then you can always resort to...

Ziricote

Ziricote

Awards
  • Established
I find picking up women is easy after whacking them over the head with a brick, that way they don't try to wiggle themselves free when I pick them up. Remember to lift with your legs not with your back, safety first!

C

Cold

Awards
I find picking up women is easy after whacking them over the head with a brick, that way they don't try to wiggle themselves free when I pick them up. Remember to lift with your legs not with your back, safety first!
Do you reccomend chalk and straps too? What about ammonia caps when lifting the big *****es?

C

Cold

Awards
The funny thing is I've tried using a couple pick up lines. I wasn't trying to pick up the chick, so I thought I'd just give it a shot just to see her reaction. She came inside out of the rain so I said "you're wet, how bout I dry you off, with my pants." She didn't see the humor in it that I did.:(

1.Russian mail order brides!

2.Join the military or at least get a uniform and hang out around on-post housing while units are on deployment

3. Have a lot of money

4. Have a nice car

5. Have a personality

6. Keep unslightly and long body hair trimmed

7. Any combination of the above

You can try some of these

And if all else fails then you can always resort to...

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
haha, if you have a sense of humor it's crucial you find a woman who has one too :)

M

MegaCalf

Awards
Like a few people have been saying...confidence plays a BIG part.

So how do you get confidence? Looking good, good income, nice car....but there are plenty of mediocre looking people that aren't rich that get nice looking girls.

T

tattoopierced1

Like a few people have been saying...confidence plays a BIG part.

So how do you get confidence? Looking good, good income, nice car....but there are plenty of mediocre looking people that aren't rich that get nice looking girls.

yeah like this guy...

Myspace.com

G

glenihan

Awards
  • Established
you don't need money or nice cars or any of that material crap to get a good girl .. if you want some skank for a night then those things may in fact be deal breakers .. if you want a legit chick then you don't want a girl that cares about that crap

just be comfortable and confident in yourself ... and stuff a cucumber down your pants

D

DazzlinJack

Awards
  • Established
go up to the female and say,"Hey you womens! I like you size!"

M

meowmeow

Awards
  • Established
And if none of this advice works out for you, you can go buy one of these:

Pricing:
standard female model: $6499.00

aspire210

aspire210

Awards
  • Established
So what advice can you guys/girls give me? Usually I have to be pretty tipsy before I can loosen up and talk with them freely. But I have a hard time keeping them interested. As for confidence...well...I'm working on it. I'm not the best looking guy, plus I'm pretty short. Anyways, any advice is greatly appreciated!
As others have said its confidence and humor that gets women.

Humor - well if you don't have it get a couple of books on writing jokes. The easiest form of humor is sarcasim. Don't be negitive, just be sarcastic. Never laugh at your own jokes either, it keeps the tension building. You can look for any double means in things she says ie if you say "hey lets go get dinner" and she says "ya, lets do it" you can say "I don't know, i'm kinda hungry and i don't tend to have sex with women i hardly know". Not the greatest example but you get the point. You can also misinterperate what they say. Like the other day i was talking to one of my good female friends and she said that she thinks her dog has fleas cuz she slept in the same bed as her over the weekend and I said "bet your dog is mad at you for given her fleas, shes probably sitting at home scracthing thinking "damn, that will teach me to sleep with that ***** again"". Exaggeration is also another good source of humor like you see a fat girl walking down the street whisper in her ear "what do you think she weighs, 800...900lbs?"

As others said Confidence is also very important. The best way to get confident is to have the mind set that YOU are picking HER. You can't ever actually say this or she will act up and you'll look like an ass, but imply every chance you get. If she tells you her favorite movie and you don't like it you can say "whoa, i dont know if this is gonna work out" or "really? thats your favorite moive? well you just lost a point then" (in a joking way, with a smile of course). As others have said, never brag, if your a cool confident guy, she will know.

Just the general attitude to have is that of a man. Don't act clingy, women want to chase you in reality. If you demonstrate that your time is very valuable then they will actually do the work to get it. Lways get off the phone first, never let the conversations drag. Also, end dates/meetings first, it makes them wonder about you and shows them that you aren't madly in love with them. If she acts like a brat, call her on it. Trust me, all 9/10s WILL do this and if you don't get emotional and just ask her if shes done with her tantrum she won't know what to do. I had a gf that was a 9.5 and for the first few months I did just that, then i got soft and let her have her way and throw her fits and I was dumped VERY quickly. Women really want a challange and as long as you give it to them, they will love you forever. They don't want a wuss they want someone who will stand up to them, but not be abusive. They want someone who will take control and lead. Women basically want a MAN.

C

Cold

Awards
Thanks for all advice guys. Another problem that I have is keeping a girl interested when having a conversation with them. How do you guys keep the women interested?

aspire210

aspire210

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for all advice guys. Another problem that I have is keeping a girl interested when having a conversation with them. How do you guys keep the women interested?
Have fun and make it fun for them. Tease'em a little, make it a challange. Also, if they ask questions, move around the answer and joke about it. You should almost never give a straight answer, its more fun to joke about it. Women like to wonder what your thinking and not answering questions directly make them wonder even more. It also keeps an air of mystery around you and women LOVE mystery. That including smiling to, don't smile much or they'll think they've got you. If you want an idea of how to act, rent some bond movies. Sounds lame, but hes a very confident, mysterious person and women love that. He also pretty much never smiles and doesn't show emotion. Hes always calm and confident.

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I dunno, i've been married for 10 years. I stopped having conversations with women in general...10 years ago and women including my wife about 4 years ago :)

T

tomall2

Awards

In order to keep her inerest, one must be donkey (what is hung like). If you happen to fall in the 99% that are not, try using a sock or something of that nature to boost your self-confidence. If however, you decide to go au' natural and a woman still seems interested and laughs at everything you say...run my brother, run for the hills and keep on running because she is just looking for someone to be the daddy of her 2 kids.

anabolicrhino

anabolicrhino

Awards
  • Established
If you want an idea of how to act, rent some bond movies. Sounds lame, but hes a very confident, mysterious person and women love that. He also pretty much never smiles and doesn't show emotion. Hes always calm and confident.
Chicks dig a man with a license to kill!!!

toughchick401

toughchick401

Awards
  • Established
WOW!!!!!
Been busy with my thesis and work but decided to take a break, and check this out..LOL

I agree, humor is key,confidence as well, not to cocky but someone who is sure of themselves.

You said you werent ready just yet? why not just let it happen, you meet people when your not looking, and in the oddest places/times.....

Dont be so hard on yourself, your ex liked you, you had something, whether it be humor, confidence, and someone else will be drawn to you as well........

Good luck :)

C

Cold

Awards
In order to keep her inerest, one must be donkey (what is hung like). If you happen to fall in the 99% that are not, try using a sock or something of that nature to boost your self-confidence. If however, you decide to go au' natural and a woman still seems interested and laughs at everything you say...run my brother, run for the hills and keep on running because she is just looking for someone to be the daddy of her 2 kids.
Well I've been told that I'm hung like a horse....*cough* fly *cough*. So yeah, I guess I'm pretty gifted in that department.

C

Cold

Awards
Yeah there was a lamge attempt of humor. :) See why I have problems picking up women?

B

B4n3 0n3

Yeah there was a lamge attempt of humor. :) See why I have problems picking up women?
Well size really shouldn't matter when picking them up, unless you wear spandex pants.

O

okboy63

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I am going to explore Jayhawks mail order brides suggestion a bit. He has stumbled on some ancient wisdom passed down from some really smart guy who lived a long time ago. I think his name was Bob or something.,
Have more value to them than they have to you. Said another way, try to find women and put yourself amongst them as there best option somehow.
Also if she can't understand your lanquage, your lack of humor could be hidden until she learns enough english to find out for themselves. By that time who cares(see jayhawks description of marriage).
Move to parts of the country where there are not many good looking people. In comparision you will be better looking.
Not to piss people off from maine or anything but have you ever been there ? It seemed like Mario(computer guy) had many many kids and they all live in maine now. All the good looking people there are on vacation and actually live somewhere else.
In certain countrys other than Russia you will get some bonus points just for being American. Go over to one of those countrys and teach English.
Another idea, pretend like your a caring person and do voulnteer work someplace and try to bang some those gals.

D

DazzlinJack

Awards
  • Established
You and Dazzling Jack need to hang out and compare notes.
LOL now that you brought me into this, let me share a little experience I had some weeks ago. There's this chick that i met on the internet. so we get to talking and eventually exchange phone numbers. seems like a nice person over the phone. a week later, we go watch a film. we meet for the first time and the first thing she says is: hey, you're short. WTF I never lied about being short, in fact I TOLD HER I WASN'T TALL. so if a person isn't tall, guess what they'd be instead?!? anyway, i pay for her and hand her the ticket and i go off to buy some popcorn. i come back, she's talking on her cell phone. we head into the theatre but she's not walking next to me or anything. come on, she's already seen my picture so i can't possibly have disappointed her or anything.

it was tough talking to that chick. i tried to make some chit chat but she was cold to me. never thanked me for the ticket or popcorn, never said she had a nice time. guys kept calling her on the phone and she made a comment about never giving out numbers while drinking schmirnoff ice. i was a gentleman, i didn't put any moves or stare at her in any creepy way. i said,"you look great today!" and she said,"no i don't". what do these women want anyway? i put on some nice cologne, my jeans were Express, my shirt was abercrombie. i showered, i shaved. popped a breath mint too. thought I did everything right. maybe I should've grown a few stupid inches for good measure.

aspire210

aspire210

Awards
  • Established
maybe you shouldnt have tired so hard....

toughchick401

toughchick401

Awards
  • Established
LOL now that you brought me into this, let me share a little experience I had some weeks ago. There's this chick that i met on the internet. so we get to talking and eventually exchange phone numbers. seems like a nice person over the phone. a week later, we go watch a film. we meet for the first time and the first thing she says is: hey, you're short. WTF I never lied about being short, in fact I TOLD HER I WASN'T TALL. so if a person isn't tall, guess what they'd be instead?!? anyway, i pay for her and hand her the ticket and i go off to buy some popcorn. i come back, she's talking on her cell phone. we head into the theatre but she's not walking next to me or anything. come on, she's already seen my picture so i can't possibly have disappointed her or anything.

it was tough talking to that chick. i tried to make some chit chat but she was cold to me. never thanked me for the ticket or popcorn, never said she had a nice time. guys kept calling her on the phone and she made a comment about never giving out numbers while drinking schmirnoff ice. i was a gentleman, i didn't put any moves or stare at her in any creepy way. i said,"you look great today!" and she said,"no i don't". what do these women want anyway? i put on some nice cologne, my jeans were Express, my shirt was abercrombie. i showered, i shaved. popped a breath mint too. thought I did everything right. maybe I should've grown a few stupid inches for good measure.

You did nothing wrong, sounds to me she was shallow( and rude) about the height thing, keep on doing what your doing and there will be a girl who comes along and appriciates it :)
was she younger than you? seems like she was immature as well.....good luck

TC

B

B4n3 0n3

That's tough bro. She sounds like a real b!tch.

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
DJ, you don't really want to be with women like that so keep fishing bro, the ocean's pretty big ;)

D

DazzlinJack

Awards
  • Established
she was 4 years younger than me. but i figured girls mature faster than guys by 2 years! so she should've been acting like a 20 year old instead of jumping around and being all ditzy like a 16 year old

B

B4n3 0n3

she was 4 years younger than me. but i figured girls mature faster than guys by 2 years! so she should've been acting like a 20 year old instead of jumping around and being all ditzy like a 16 year old
ummm dude, if your 20 I wouldn't reccommend trying to date any girl under 18.:jaw: :study: Aren't there laws against that in your state?