New Gym In AL And Personal Update

bigdave2875

Awards
Well it's been a while since I last posted. Lots of stuff going on. In June I got sick and doctor put me on straterra to help me get through the day. Needless to say it was the worst move ever. Lost over 30 lbs and it took me till Sept. to get back in the gym. In the meantime I lost my job. But things are looking up. I have started putting some size back on and have a new job with a new gym. It is 24,000 sq ft and has the new line of equipment from Nautilus. It is just like the Hammer Strength line. I am going to be a shift manager and personal trainer after the Grand Opening on Dec. 27th. I have also recieved my CSCS from the NSCA. So things are looking up. Also met a wonderful girl who has helped me get through all of this. The new gym is called the Metro Athletic Club (The MAC). If you are in Florence, AL stop by, I think you will be impressed. I will try to post more and not stay gone as long as I have this last time. Hope someone out there remembers me.

PS. I have my blood work from when I was sick...very healthy...only thing is that my doc didn't check my Test levels

mmowry

mmowry

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Welcome back.Sorry to hear about the setbacks but it seems they have been turned around.Congrats on the job the certs and the girl.Good luck.

dazilla

dazilla

Awards
  • Established
Good luck on your new job... I wish that gym was close to me ... I live in birmingham and my gym sucks... I was also thinking about getting my cert.. but was trying to figure out which one to get ... I thought about ISSA...

bigdave2875

Awards
I would get something nationally recognized. Got to set yourself apart from everyone else. Check out ACSM, NSCA, NCSM. Not saying ISSA isnt' a good cert but just about anybody can get a certifcation these days. So why not go the extra distance and get something that people will recognize. May cost more in the beginning but will pay for itself in the long run.

Thanks for the reply guys.