Sleep

yzinger

Awards
How does one induce a nice deep, relaxing sleep?

PumpingIron

Awards
  • Established
Some herbs that can help promote sleep and help put you into a deeper sleep are: Valerian Root, Passion Flower and Melatonin

xxtruxx1

xxtruxx1

Awards
  • Established
I wouldn't know being that I'm a full blown insomniac lol.

Ambien CR works for most people, not me.
Lunestra either.
Trazodone seems to do the trick.

That is if you're asking prescription meds :twisted:

toughchick401

toughchick401

Awards
  • Established
A nice shot of nyquil..... used to work wonders from late nights studying in college............

jjohn

jjohn

Awards
  • Established
A nice shot of nyquil..... used to work wonders from late nights studying in college............
I found nyquil to make me woke up and hot as it has pseudoeph. in it. I wouldn't take it unless you're sick.. REM-R3G is a good one that I would stack with some VR. That would be a good one..

Big Matt

Big Matt

All The Whey Nutrition
Awards
  • Established
This thing you call "sleep".....what is it? I know not of it.

Mrs. Gimpy!

Mrs. Gimpy!

Awards
  • Established
This thing you call "sleep".....what is it? I know not of it.
ditto.....

8 hours of school, 5 days a week, 3 hours of studying a night, 12-20 hours of studying on the weekend.... this degree has been horrible........ the things we do for money....

Big Matt

Big Matt

All The Whey Nutrition
Awards
  • Established
ditto.....

8 hours of school, 5 days a week, 3 hours of studying a night, 12-20 hours of studying on the weekend.... this degree has been horrible........ the things we do for money....

10 hours at one job, 3-4 at another every night (ATW) + the commute to and from both...work on Saturday too (obviously) can't take a nap after that because I want to play with my son (M-F He's asleep when i leave for work and asleep again by the time I get home) Sunday I pass out once or twice in between actually having a meal together with my family and the Iggles game on the tube....spend another hour or two with my son Sunday night....pass out....wake up Monday morning and do it all over again.

SUX BIG! So I really don't sleep....just pass out for an hour or two at a time!

xxtruxx1

xxtruxx1

Awards
  • Established
Insomnia. That's why I don't sleep :).

Average 4 hours a week.

TC, Nyquil does knock you out, but you don't get a high quality of sleep.

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Plus Nyquil type deals will quickly build a tolerance and the sleep isn't a good one. Lack of sleep has so many variables that a person can't really give you an honest answer without just blurting out what either worked for them or just known drugs to help.

Ambian worked for me but I also only used it on days that I worked and couldn't fall asleep. For much minor sleep problems I found Unisom to work well enough.

fbxdan

fbxdan

Awards
  • Established
I wouldn't know being that I'm a full blown insomniac lol.

Ambien CR works for most people, not me.
Lunestra either.
Trazodone seems to do the trick.

That is if you're asking prescription meds :twisted:
When I was dealing with insomnia for awhile back the doctor gave me Trazodone. It will knock your block off... Within an hour of taking it i was so relaxed i couldnt move and just drifted off to sleep.

toughchick401

toughchick401

Awards
  • Established
Insomnia. That's why I don't sleep :).

Average 4 hours a week.

TC, Nyquil does knock you out, but you don't get a high quality of sleep.

Agreed sleep isent the best, as in a deep sleep, but hey when your desprate for sleep you take any kind you can get....:)

Mrs. Gimpy!

Mrs. Gimpy!

Awards
  • Established
10 hours at one job, 3-4 at another every night (ATW) + the commute to and from both...work on Saturday too (obviously) can't take a nap after that because I want to play with my son (M-F He's asleep when i leave for work and asleep again by the time I get home) Sunday I pass out once or twice in between actually having a meal together with my family and the Iggles game on the tube....spend another hour or two with my son Sunday night....pass out....wake up Monday morning and do it all over again.

SUX BIG! So I really don't sleep....just pass out for an hour or two at a time!
i will no longer complain.....