police brutality in LA

jdeity

Awards
lol guess nobody chats around here, this same thread got 10+ hits in like half an hour on every other board..

Ubiquitous

Ubiquitous

Awards
  • Established
that was a skinny cop, probably didn't hurt much. ;)

xxtruxx1

xxtruxx1

Awards
  • Established
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Ubiquitous again.

LOL!

jdeity

Awards
what is reputation, and why do i have 132 points of it?

skinny or not, it's about the principles man! It shouldn't be any better or worse because of the cop's size, or because of the (maybe) criminal's injuries. The cops had him pinned, and took a few retaliation shots. Those punches sure as hell weren't needed to get them cuffs on.

CHAPS

Awards
  • Established
Man if i saw a cop doing that **** to one of my buddies i'm beat his ass cop or not.

Ubiquitous

Ubiquitous

Awards
  • Established
skinny or not, it's about the principles man! It shouldn't be any better or worse because of the cop's size, or because of the (maybe) criminal's injuries. The cops had him pinned, and took a few retaliation shots. Those punches sure as hell weren't needed to get them cuffs on.
I know, it was a bad joke. :D

I agree with you that it was not needed.

ericnb_98

Awards
It's funny that alot of the reply's to the news article say they don't see excessive force. I guess it depends on your neighborhood.

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
that was a skinny cop, probably didn't hurt much. ;)
:icon_lol: I agree, those were just little love taps and the guy was overreacting when he said he couldn't breathe. I'm sure he deserved it (j/k) :D

jdeity

Awards
:icon_lol: I agree, those were just little love taps and the guy was overreacting when he said he couldn't breathe. I'm sure he deserved it (j/k) :D
The truly funny thing is that I agree with everything you just said, but still believe this is bull**** and the cop shoudl be fired.

It doesn't matter that the guy overreacted and claimed he couldn't breathe when he could clearly talk.

Doens't matter that the cop punched like, well, not like a trained person should.

Doesn't matter that, if this guy really did what he's wanted for, that he likely deserves punishment.

What matters is that it's not for a cop to dole out punishment as he sees fit, since the inherent corruption of allowing so is mind boggling. The courts need to decide, out of the heat of the moment, what is appropriate to do to this man, if anything. I mean, seriously, what if this were just mistaken identity? Or what if someone else fessed up for what he was wanted for? Again, none of that even matters, as there is no responsible way to let a cop (which practically anyone can decide to go and be) be a de facto judge/jury/executioner.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Nutz Anabolics 7
Anabolics 49
ral General Chat 4
General Chat 68
spatch General Chat 6