Hey I need some help

Bull6125

Bull6125

Awards
Hey guys, I give myself subqutanious shots for my allergies. I messed up and left a used syringe out on my dresser instead of disposing of it promptly after use, it then sat there for two weeks. Anyway, my girlfriend found it and put it back with my other sterile ones while she was cleaning. She mistook it for a new one b/c I recap the needle so it doesn't stay exposed; however, I do not replace the cap on the plunger head. By chance, as I was in a hurry and didn't notice it was lacking a cap, I proceded to pick it up, put it into my vile extracting the serum, and give myself the shot. Have I just infected my whole serum and for that matter, myself? Is two weeks time long enough to build substantial bacteria to harm me and it? Thanks in advance to any whom answer. I feel ****ing stupid for doing this, so please no lectures about disposing my needles, this could be very costly for me if I messed up the sterility of my solution. :frustrate

Jason Pegg

Jason Pegg

Awards
  • Established
If you can afford to replace it, Id do it...Why even chance it. I can tell you from experience, an abcess or deep tissue infection is nothing you want to mess with.

Jason

Bull6125

Bull6125

Awards
It costs me about $366 per month for my 2 viles. I don't think I can afford it. Thanks for the quick response, Jason. Even though it was what I was afraid to hear.

Jason Pegg

Jason Pegg

Awards
  • Established
What is it you take? Is there a generic for it? I would ask if it was absolutely necessary, but Im guessing if you are spending that much for 2 months, it is. Maybe if theree is a generic, it falls under WalMarts new plan...
At least ask your doc about it. He might be able to possibly give you enough samples to cover you for the one bottle.

Jason

Bull6125

Bull6125

Awards
Thanks a lot for the follow up Jason. I'll look into generics. It's damn hard being a student :p. I received some feedback from my doctor on the sterility issue, and he told me that since I recap my syringes and I did follow proper sanitizing procedure with rubbing alcohol, that I will be ok. Time will tell and I'm optimistic now at least. Thanks a lot again bro!