Hernia surgery

blinky

Awards
Looks like I am gonna be out for a while boys. I have to have surgery for a sliding inguinal hernia I sustained from doing legs extremely hard last week. My surgery is this Friday so keep me in your prayers. Does anyone know how long it takes to recover from a surgery of this nature? My doc told me I would be out at least 6 months and I would never lift like I did before. I really don't wanna take that much time off but if it is necessary, so be it.

Bone

Awards
Damn bro, sorry to hear that!!! Keep your head up :)

Peace

Bone

jminis

jminis

Awards
  • Established
I had a hernia operation when I was younger about 8years old. I know what your going through. It sucks because afterwards taking a piss for a little while hurts like a son of a bitch. Worse pain I've every felt in my life. Not trying to scare ya but just be heads up. It took me about 3 months to completely recover but they said it was a shorter time because I was so young. Sorry to hear that though good luck.

blinky

Awards
Well I am home now. Surgery went well and thanks for your support. I had a tear in my abdominal wall the size of a baseball. I will definately be taking some time off. Let me get your guy's opinion of this though. The doc claimed my blood tests said I was on juice and that is why my hernia had attached to my scrotal wall. I did a cycle of tren about 8 months ago and was in the process of experimenting with 4ad cyp. Do you think there is any validity in claiming that is what caused my hernia to get worse or do you think the doc is trying to blame it on something? Well I am home now and on lots of percocets. THis is not very fun. So lift smart. Thnaks guys.

CROWLER

CROWLER

Anabolic Innovations Owner
Awards
  • Established
I dont' understand when the Dr. says your blood test says you are on juice.

blinky

Awards
He just stated that my blood tests indicated that I had a steroid in my system. I thought the tren would have definately been gone by now. The 4ad would have elevated test levels, but would not have been indicated as a steroid to my knowledge.

HARDCORE

Awards
The Trenbolone should be out of your system for sure by now, top end of heavy use will be about 6 months, tops.

Your hernia was big, did this happen at one time? Did they use a mesh to secure the tear? Just guessing, but did it happen during a 45 degree Leg Press? I have seen many a hernia happen here, with the visceral/abdominal pressure usually being phenominally high at the bottom of the movement. Your doc is right when he says that you will be out for 6 months, I wouldn't even attempt a movement that can create high interabdominal pressure (ie: leg press, squat) but I disagree with him on his statement that you will never lift like you did before, I have trained clients that have had hernia surgery and they have achieved new heights post-surgery.

The thing about the hernia attaching to your scrotal wall, I have a hard time believing that could be caused by the use of anabolics, this makes no sense. Was your hernia technically the Inguinal or Femoral or Scrotal? Also did he use a Cross-Stitching, Patch, or Keyhole (Laparoscopic) method for repairing your hernia?

Good luck on your recovery,

HARDCORE

groundrocker

Awards
well, let us know how long it takes you to recover. i have a indirect hernia right now but unfortunatley i was laid off 2 months ago and have not had insurance since. i currently bought a short term insurance, but I'm going to wait about a month to try to get it fixed. as for now, i'm out of the gym cuz it's starting to bother me and don't want it to get worse. I've read a post somewhere where a guy was back in the gym a month and a half after getting surgery with the mesh precedure. hopefully i will recover as quick cuz i don't want to be out of the gym too long. well, keep us updated and good luck.

blinky

Awards
My doc used the plug and mesh repair method. Unfortunately, however, he had to use an open procedure and was unable to perform the laparoscopic procedure due to the size of the hernia. He did say that there was a less than 1% recurrence rate with the procedure he used. I apparently had had a small hernia for quite some time but didn't realize its seriousness. It finally broke through into a full blown sliding indirect hernia either after performing deep squats or 45 degree incline leg presses. I just noticed it when I went back to the locker room after my workout. It did not bother me for a day or two and then it was excruciating pain. I finally decided something had to be done so I went under the knife. I am able to walk well now, being a week post operation. I am just scared I am gonna lose all my mass. I am 5'8" at about 215 right now. 12% body fat. Is there anything I could do to help maintain mass besides keeping protein intake high.

groundrocker

Awards
thanks for the info, blinky. keep us updated on your recovery.

AlexParty

guys, I don't understand how the doc could detect test?? I will have surgery in my nose, it's minor for 25 minutes. I'm gonna stop cycling for 2 days before my surgery, thenthe day after start again. Wont 2 days be enough for it to leave the system??

blinky

Awards
Are you talking about a fast acting prohormone or a steroid? I supposedly had tren in my system and elevated test levels. If it is simply a prohormone don't even stop taking it. It is not going to mess with the anesthesia. I was on 4ad cyp so I know for a fact it was in my system. I had only stopped the week prior to my surgery and it doesn't begin breaking down for at least 3 weeks.

blinky

Awards
You should be good, because when I told the anesthesiologist that I had been taking 4ad, he told me supplements did not interfere with the anesthetic used. Only ephedra had an interaction with the substances used.

AlexParty

Ephedra being ephedrine? I took ephedrine but it should clear from my system within a week. So taking t-1 pro will not interfere with the anesthetic even though it has 1-test and 4-ad??

blinky

Awards
The doctor and anesthesiologist both said the only supplements that interfere are ephedra(aka ephedrine). So as long as you have been off of it for a while you should be good to go. 1-test and 4ad will not interfere with anything from what I was told. However, the doc did say that is what caused my hernia to attach to the scrotal wall, which is a bunch of BS. Good luck with everything Alexparty and give me a holler if you need anything else.

AlexParty

Thanks a lot blinky. I had surgery on my knee when I was 15, I was out of everything(sports) for 7 months! It's not that bad, it goes fast. Maybe if you supplement with glutamine it could be beneficial for the recovery process?? Just an idea ;)

Lightning

Awards
I had the same surgery 10 yrs. ago. My doctor also advised against any heavy lifting for 6 months. He also told me the chance of a reoccurance in the same area is less than 1%. The part about never being able to lift the same is pure BS.I am squatting more than twice as much as before.

blinky

Awards
I just got back from the weight room. I am just able to do cardio. I got my staples removed last Thursday, so I am able to drive and work now. I did buy a forearm machine to work forearms, since that is the only muscles I can work. I am on a slow road to recovery, but my doctor shortened my full recovery time from 6 months to 3 months which is awsome. THanks for asking. I will continue to keep you guys updated on my road to recovery.

groundrocker

Awards
hey blinky, so how the recovery going?

btw, thanks for the last update.

blinky

Awards
Thanks for the inquiry groundrocker. I am walking much much better and am able to stretch much better now. I still haven't gone for another checkup so I really don't know much more. My incision is healing well and is barely going to scar at all.

groundrocker

Awards
well that's great.. i'm glad to hear your recovery is going so well. I'm very interested in progress cuz I will be getting surgery for a hernia soon and would like to know how long it would take to recover. i've been out of the gym for 3 weeks now and feel like ****. I can't wait till i get surgery and recover to get my butt back in the gym.