People Who Defy Bodybuilding/Lifting "Norms"

fbxdan

fbxdan

Awards
  • Established
I recently started working at this gym in the town i recently move to, and I've noticed this guy who trains there who completely baffles me. Here's a backround on this guy:

Has been lifting for 3 years, over this time has put on 40+ pounds of mass. Started at age 37, now is age 40.
-His nutrition is horrendous.. When he works out he drinks a gallon of milk. (recently i saw him drinking egg nog while working out. I **** you not) And then later on in the night he eats a whole digiorno pizza, and a bunch of juice. This is his main diet from what he tells me.
- His training volume is RIDICULOUS. I will go to work at 5pm, and he is finishing up his workout at around 9pm. Then after that he runs for a mile. He is a pretty strong guy also. I saw him deadlift 600 pounds a couple weeks back.
- He is fairly well built. He's a big guy. He's around 6'0, 225, and pretty lean.
- For supplements he takes weider creatine, and amino acids

- He has never touched steroids in his life. And believes that the pros don't do them (lol)... Furthermore, I do not think he even knows anything about them.

So, this guy defies all of the "gym science" that we go by. He lifts for waaay more than 45 minutes, eats horribly, yet has still gotten big and strong over the course of three years. Does he just have really good genetics? It really perplexes me how he has been able to do this. Does anyone else on here know of someone like this? I know some of you will say "BullS(%t", but i am being completely honest here. I wouldnt believe it would be possible but i see this guy working out for hours at a time. So, i guess the whole point of this thread is: What do we really know? This guy defies all the supposed science we know about bodybuilding and progresses in the face of all the knowledge we have.

Apowerz6

Apowerz6

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Yes he is a freak of nature or a complete liar. But hey worry not you know what works for your body big guy, keep it going and you will be on the stage very soon!

Basso

Basso

Awards
  • Established
Freak of nature! It's interesting though how "Gym Science" has evolved over the years, notice how a construction worker who operates a jack hammer all the time has giant forearms, and these examples go on and on, yet we limit our w/o's to 45min and train one body part a week etc, etc. I'm not saying we are wrong but I am saying results can be gotten by more then one way, now this guy has only been lifting for 3 years if he intends to lift until he is much older he will be forced to change his ways our he will abondon completely. I wouldn't worry too much about him and keep on the path you know is correct for you!

tsc

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Granted you would think he may suffer from overtraining, but he works out for hours, and then does cardio. His diet may not be clean, but he is expending all of those calories and is getting plenty of carbs and protein. Its not the best diet, but there is a huge difference between someone that eats like this and does not do nearly enough to use those calories versus someone that does need those calories. He sounds like he needs that amount, it just isn't as clean as one would like. He may be doing some damage in the long term with his diet, but for gains in the short term it works.

As for steriod use, does he really think pro's don't use them??? that is weird part of your story, the rest makes since. :)

TSC

tattoopierced1

there's a guy at my gym, he doesnt eat like crap, but he pretty much lives on protein shakes and lifts for 2+ hours and is good sized. I lifted with him the other day, just for back it took 2.5 hours to get through.

shy-ron25

Awards
i believe he must have good genes or he has been working out more than three years

:gas:
I recently started working at this gym in the town i recently move to, and I've noticed this guy who trains there who completely baffles me. Here's a backround on this guy:

Has been lifting for 3 years, over this time has put on 40+ pounds of mass. Started at age 37, now is age 40.
-His nutrition is horrendous.. When he works out he drinks a gallon of milk. (recently i saw him drinking egg nog while working out. I **** you not) And then later on in the night he eats a whole digiorno pizza, and a bunch of juice. This is his main diet from what he tells me.
- His training volume is RIDICULOUS. I will go to work at 5pm, and he is finishing up his workout at around 9pm. Then after that he runs for a mile. He is a pretty strong guy also. I saw him deadlift 600 pounds a couple weeks back.
- He is fairly well built. He's a big guy. He's around 6'0, 225, and pretty lean.
- For supplements he takes weider creatine, and amino acids

- He has never touched steroids in his life. And believes that the pros don't do them (lol)... Furthermore, I do not think he even knows anything about them.

So, this guy defies all of the "gym science" that we go by. He lifts for waaay more than 45 minutes, eats horribly, yet has still gotten big and strong over the course of three years. Does he just have really good genetics? It really perplexes me how he has been able to do this. Does anyone else on here know of someone like this? I know some of you will say "BullS(%t", but i am being completely honest here. I wouldnt believe it would be possible but i see this guy working out for hours at a time. So, i guess the whole point of this thread is: What do we really know? This guy defies all the supposed science we know about bodybuilding and progresses in the face of all the knowledge we have.

fbxdan

fbxdan

Awards
  • Established
Granted you would think he may suffer from overtraining, but he works out for hours, and then does cardio. His diet may not be clean, but he is expending all of those calories and is getting plenty of carbs and protein. Its not the best diet, but there is a huge difference between someone that eats like this and does not do nearly enough to use those calories versus someone that does need those calories. He sounds like he needs that amount, it just isn't as clean as one would like. He may be doing some damage in the long term with his diet, but for gains in the short term it works.

As for steriod use, does he really think pro's don't use them??? that is weird part of your story, the rest makes since. :)

TSC
He is pretty nieve about pro's, and steroids in general. Actually, to be honest alot of people have told me that he has mental issues, and was legally insane for 20+ years, hears voices in the head, etc. He told me something along those lines one day also. I just hope he doesn't go off his meds... He'd be a hard guy to handle!

fbxdan

fbxdan

Awards
  • Established
Yes he is a freak of nature or a complete liar. But hey worry not you know what works for your body big guy, keep it going and you will be on the stage very soon!
Nice to see you bro.l Haven't heard from you in a while

somewhatgifted

somewhatgifted

Awards
  • Established
sounds like he uses juice and his "voices" help him decieve you with comments that are pretty juvenile for a man of his age and experience. Freak still tho, he prolly worked up to that point. Im embarrased to say but i used to train upper body (mostly chest bi's tri's) ate like crap, but i USED to be able to curl my body weight x2 at 155. My biceps were freaky and in grade 10 of high school noone could beat me in an arm wrestle.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
That is twisted, I have met a few guys like that during my time at the gym as well. Even funnier IMO, is the guys who swear up and down they would NEVER touch steroids in their life, and despise them, yet low and behold you find out they have done 17 Superdrol and M1T cycles but don't consider them cycles.

I say this b/c in my hometown where I was living for the summer I guy I knew from High School looked like he had gotten pretty big/lean just as the guy in Dan's story. I asked him about his diet...****. Training regime..****..So seeing as I knew him I flat out asked him if he was juicing and he goes on a 10 min long speech about how he hate steroids. So then I ask him, well what supps do you take? He then proceeds to tell me he has been on and off SD/M1T for a few months now b/c a guy at a supp store sold them to him!!..lol

bpmartyr

bpmartyr

Snuggle Club™ mascot
Awards
  • Established
I don't see anything wierd about this guy. Eggnog is my standard WO drink and for dinner, it aint delivery baby, it's Digiorno!

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established

TSC
I agree here. He eats all those cals to satisfy his body needs after so much workout. If you gorge yourself after and during workouts you in my theory would not be causing much overtraining as your body has energy to burn and protien to use. I know after I have a real long workout and think i might have overtrained I stuff myself that way you get as much as possible to your needy body. Idk just my thinking i guess. His diet could be improved and he might gain more or he might not but it will definately have an impact on health later (cholesterol etc).

The part of him not knowing or thinking pros use gear does seem shady, maybe he's hiding something....