Olympia Predictions, Recent Pics, and Videos

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
What are you predictions for this weekends Olympia? Does anyone have recent pics or videos of the contestants that they care to share?

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I believe Ronnie will take it but it's hard to make predictions based off current pics since it seems many look better a week out than at the show.

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I think ronnie will win again too. Overall Mass is what seems to be in and he's got that.

Why do you think that they look better a week out?

Do you have any pics?

somewhatgifted

somewhatgifted

Awards
  • Established
nice pics, looking good, I think this is the year ronnie looses but unfortunelty i dont think jay will be the man to do it.

rpen22

rpen22

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
nice pics, looking good, I think this is the year ronnie looses but unfortunelty i dont think jay will be the man to do it.
I think Ronnie will end up winning, but I'd love to see Jay take this one home.

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
im not a fan of cutler i dont think he looks good enough to be Mr. O. There are other guys that look better than him IMO. I havent seen Coleman but Im sure he is still going to be a MONSTER.

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
These are the guys who are competing this year:

# Name Country How Qualified

1 Ronnie Coleman USA 2005 Mr. Olympia 1st place
2 Jay Cutler USA 2005 Mr. Olympia 2nd place
3 Gustavo Badell Puerto Rico 2005 Mr. Olympia 3rd place
4 Gunter Schlierkamp Germany 2005 Mr. Olympia 4th place
5 Victor Martinez USA 2005 Mr. Olympia 5th place
6 Dennis James Germany 2005 Mr. Olympia 6th place
7 Lee Priest Australia 2006 Ironman Pro 1st place
8 David Henry Jr. USA 2006 Ironman Pro 2nd place
9 Troy Alves USA 2006 Ironman Pro 3rd place
10 Dexter Jackson USA 2006 Arnold Classic 1st place
11 Branch Warren USA 2006 Arnold Classic 2nd place
12 Melvin Anthony USA 2006 Arnold Classic 5th place
13 Mustafa Mohammad Jordan 2006 San Francisco 4th place
14 Ronnie Rockel Germany 2006 Australia Pro 1st
15 Vince Taylor USA 2006 Australia Pro 3rd
16 Bob Cicherillo USA 2006 Masters Pro 1st
17 Phil Heath USA 2006 Colorado Pro 1st
18 Darrem Charles Trinidad 2006 Colorado Pro 2nd
19 Bill Willmore USA 2006 New York Pro 5th
20 Toney Freeman USA 2006 Europa Super Show 1st
21 Quincy Taylor USA 2006 Europa Super Show 2nd
22 Johnnie Jackson USA 2006 Europa Super Show 3rd
23 King Kamali USA 2006 Montreal Pro 4th
24 Rodney St. Cloud USA 2006 Atlantic City Pro 3rd
25 Paco Bautista Spain 2006 Santa Susanna Pro 1st
26 Markus Ruhl Germany 2006 Santa Susanna Pro 2nd
27 Dennis Wolf Germany 2006 Santa Susanna Pro 3rd

rpen22

rpen22

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Not all of those guys are competing this year, that just shows who is eligible to compete in the O this year. For example, Phil Heath qualified to compete this year, but he's taking some time off and skipping the O this year.

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Im looking forward to seeing Lee Priest, Victor Martinez, Dexter Jackson, Bautista, and of course the reigning mr. O.

rippedforce63

Awards
  • Established
sorry to burst your bubble but I don't think lee will be competing due to the fact that he was suspended for competing in another organization. Sucks cause he probably my favorite bb.

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
I really hope Dex takes it from Ronnie this year...I've had about enough of the big gutts!

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I really hope Dex takes it from Ronnie this year...I've had about enough of the big gutts!
I second that. Dex has been in the top for a while now and I would love to see Ronnie overthrown. I guess it depends on what they are looking for this year.

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I don't like Cutler but he is definately Mr. O material. To say otherwise is just showing bias.

Apowerz6

Apowerz6

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Yes i agree Jay, he has made serious improvements.

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Im going with this as the top five, in no particular order: Ronnie, Jay, Victor, Dexter, Gustavo, Gunther,

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I dont know how to post the pics on the board straight up, sorry.

Rage (SoCal)

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established

gooood effing lord. Branch looks scary! The striations and vascularity is just...just...impossible!

James looks like a Bull, but bigger. What a thick monster!

And Jay, well...he looks his best ever. He looks great, his waiste may have gotten a little bigger but he looks bigger and drier than ever. I don't think it'll be enough though....

Plus, a close buddy of mine has met Jay on a few different occassions and said he's a total ****. And my buddy is really one of the nicest people I've ever came across. For me, it really takes a lot away from these guys when they are @ssholes.

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
James looks like he could place high but his midsection looks a lil outta wack. Everything else looks massive enough to compete with RC.

Branch wont make top five. He looks awesome tho not full enough. Maybe too vascular..

Cutler i never really liked. He just doesnt really please the eye to me he is big and has alot of development but aesthetically he has nothing. JMO. I like Ronnie of course but would like to see victor, dex, dennis, gunther take it.

somewhatgifted

somewhatgifted

Awards
  • Established
It almost looks like jay is too even i mean all the greats have a signature body part, the coup de gras, and jay looks tremendous but has no trump card.

glenihan

Awards
  • Established
James looks like he could place high but his midsection looks a lil outta wack. Everything else looks massive enough to compete with RC.

Branch wont make top five. He looks awesome tho not full enough. Maybe too vascular..

Cutler i never really liked. He just doesnt really please the eye to me he is big and has alot of development but aesthetically he has nothing. JMO. I like Ronnie of course but would like to see victor, dex, dennis, gunther take it.

keep in mind branch wasn't carbed up for those pics

james ALWAYS looks amazing 2 weeks out but can never nail it come show time .. at least thus far

i'm just not a jay cutler fan

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
What do you think of Victor Martinez? Ronnie thinks he will take over the throne in the future and have a few years or reign.

I heard Gunter looks great, probably his best ever.

I guess we just have to see what happens. I will be stunned needless to say if someone dethrones the champ.

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
It almost looks like jay is too even i mean all the greats have a signature body part, the coup de gras, and jay looks tremendous but has no trump card.
I agree. Nothing really stands out, he is big and all but what can someone admire from him that others dont have? His triceps look better than most if my memory serves me right. I would be shocked if he wins it. I guess im Cutler hating...

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I forgot to add, somewhatgifted and whoever else, what is Ronnie's signature body part? I always liked the look of his arms and his chest is always shredded.

rpen22

rpen22

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Speaking of recent pictures, I just got back from today's expo at the O and let me tell you, the Thermolife booth was getting quite a bit of attention. :thumbsup:

Photo_24.jpg

somewhatgifted

somewhatgifted

Awards
  • Established
I think ronnies best body parts are his back and his legs, he brought new dimensions and expectatinos to the stage, i mean his arms, chest, shoulders are all really awesome too his only problem has been consistently his waist either keepin it tight and small or simply that he doesnt have asthetically nice abs.

spatch

spatch

Awards
  • Established
My top five (in no order except ronnie winning again)

Ronnie, Jay, Badell, Dex, ..... and, going out on a limb, branch warren.

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
thanks for the link bobo, watched the whole thing. just by statue ronnie looks like a winner again as far as mass/size.

rpen those ladies look like fun!....is that body paint?

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

I am faster than 80% of all snakes
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established

powerlifter6920

Speaking of recent pictures, I just got back from today's expo at the O and let me tell you, the Thermolife booth was getting quite a bit of attention. :thumbsup:

View attachment 15639

I better call Bryce Holmes and tell him to get over to that booth. :pose: He's working at the Designer Supplements booth.

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I say Ronnie.

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I say Ronnie.
rons gut still looks big. I like the look of dex out of those 4. Jay doesnt look very cut. and who is the guy all the way to the left? Thanks for the updates bobo any more?

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Jay Cutler has won :)

Ubiquitous

Ubiquitous

Awards
  • Established
that's very good to hear. I still think Dexter is the most aesthetically pleasing from that shot Bobo posted.. but it's great that Jay finally pulled out of being the bridesmaid.

rpen22

rpen22

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Yessir Jay took it! He really did look better than Ronnie to me this year. I just got to meet both of them right after the contest at the victory dinner too. I'll be interested to see what happens next year, but I'm happy Jay won finally, he deserved it.

Nullifidian

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Take a look at pictures of Ronnie's back from this year.

It looks like he tore his left lat at it's lower insertion point. There's a big dimple on the left side that doesn't exist on the right on his back.

Honestly, to me it looks like he clearly had a pretty bad injury.

tattoopierced1

where did gunter place this year? he came in looking razor sharp last year, just needed some more mass in certain areas.

spatch

spatch

Awards
  • Established
Ruhl, my boy, back in the top eight :dance:

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Take a look at pictures of Ronnie's back from this year.

It looks like he tore his left lat at it's lower insertion point. There's a big dimple on the left side that doesn't exist on the right on his back.

Honestly, to me it looks like he clearly had a pretty bad injury.
His left lat does look a lot smaller. His back just didn't have that massive flare from years past.

3clipseGT

3clipseGT

On my grind
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
that's very good to hear. I still think Dexter is the most aesthetically pleasing from that shot Bobo posted.. but it's great that Jay finally pulled out of being the bridesmaid.
I agree. To me, which doesnt matter, Dex and the dude look the best to me, but thats also because there a little less bulky and more symmetrical. Thats just my opinion though.

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
very cool site Ubi!! thanks. Dex definately looks the best in my book hands down.

somewhatgifted

somewhatgifted

Awards
  • Established
in the sise by side shot the only things that jay has better than ronnie is his abs and his calves. Big ron wasnt in top shape this year and maybe got a bit complacent. A true champion is not defined by his wins but by how hw stands in the face of defeat, will ron rebound? Id like to see dexter place higher but the judges are giving it to the mass monsters lately, this win by jay may set in motion a trend where smaller but more pleasing asemetrically bb'er make a resurgence.