Chat Room Respect—EVERYONE read - AnabolicMinds.com

Chat Room Respect—EVERYONE read

  1. Banned
    John Benz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Posts
    520
    Rep Power
    0

    Reputation

    Exclamation Chat Room Respect—EVERYONE read


    Gentlemen,

    I came into chat a few nights ago, and saw what I took to be hostility directed at a visiting member from Anabolic Universe. Though it was thinly veiled, I could sense the tension nonetheless. Finally the visitor asked a question and was told to go back to his own board and ask the question there. Now I came into this discussion a little late, so I figured I was leaping to the wrong conclusion here, and handed out no reprimands.

    Tonight that member posted the following in a chat room thread at AU.
    Originally posted by******
    I don't get it, last time I was there the guys were dicks. I just left. They got all weird like I was a spy or something.
    In a time when we are trying to foster interboard relations, this behavior will not be tolerated. Here at AnabolicMinds we have the greatest respect for bellx1 and consider Anabolic Universe a brother board. A lot of you know each other and form little chat room cliques. I am asking you now to reach out and welcome all new members and especially visitors from Anabolic Universe. But in any case; you will be courteous and civil.

  2. Board Sponsor
    bigpetefox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    3,685
    Rep Power
    2016

    Reputation

    Besides, I'm the ChatAdmin, so play nice or I'll take away your toys!

  3. I am faster than 80% of all snakes
    Dwight Schrute's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  221 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Age
    41
    Posts
    12,911
    Rep Power
    7016

    Reputation

    Yeah, he'll bombard you with broadcasts!
    For answers to board issues, read the Suggestion and News forum at the bottom of the main page.
    •   
       

  4. Senior Member
    Biggs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    1,285
    Rep Power
    786

    Reputation

    ... just cause we put a bag over his head and took turns kickin him in the gut with our steel-toed boots, he goes and gets offended!

    seriously, a little ribbing never hurt anybody, all in good fun etc, but this is the last place people should feel uncomfortable spending their time... gotta remember that ****. they're cool bros (brother board is right) and uh... yeah, pete will **** yo **** up!
  5. Banned
    sifu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    1,395
    Rep Power
    0

    Reputation

    I must say, when I was new to PH's here and asking questions. I must say the people that I chatted with here were a lot more rude than any other board I have been on. I came back for the knowledge but one person on here who will remain nameless is a complete A$$hole
  6. Banned
    Big H's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Posts
    41
    Rep Power
    0

    Reputation

    When is the chat? Everytime I go in there it's emtpy. I feel as if I am being avoided
  7. New Member
    spike1205's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Age
    35
    Posts
    137
    Rep Power
    210

    Reputation

    happens to me too bro, ive only been in there once when it was full
  8. Senior Member
    windwords7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Posts
    2,297
    Rep Power
    1555

    Reputation

    Let me interject here. All the mods, along with almighty Pete, will be watching for bullcrap behavior like JB stated above. Here is how the course of action will flow:

    1. First infraction you will get booted first from Chat that night. If you see this behavior and there is no MOD there, go find one please, so it can be handled.

    2. If it happens again in chat, you will be banned from Chat for good and, if the mods involved feel its warranted, you will be banned from the board as well under you current name.

    3. If you try to come back under a different name and cause any trouble whatsoever, then I will IP BAN your ass to eternity!

    I love Anabolic Universe. It's a great board with GREAT people. I have made many friends there and we now SHARE the chat room with them.

    I am sure that I, and all of the mods together, have made ourselves clear.

    JohnBenz, I need a list right away of the people involved from last night please. I appreciate it bro.
  9. Registered User
    jweave23's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  237 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Posts
    2,612
    Rep Power
    1452

    Reputation

    Originally posted by Big H
    When is the chat? Everytime I go in there it's emtpy. I feel as if I am being avoided
    Keep quiet please!

    So yeah, I'll give anyone a quick jab , but there's no reason to make anyone feel unwelcome at all. I didn't realize this was a problem, so watch out for BigPete to ram his boot up your ass sideways
  10. Senior Member
    windwords7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Posts
    2,297
    Rep Power
    1555

    Reputation

    This is the third time I've been told this is happening!! Boooo!
  11. New Member
    Draven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Age
    36
    Posts
    418
    Rep Power
    351

    Reputation

    That sucks. The boys over at AU are awsome. I don't understand why anyone would want to alienate them. They're just as knowledgable as anyone here, and cool. What more could you ask for? It's a shame that there's always someone who has to put someone else down to make themselves feel cool (Hmmm, reminds me of someone else we all knew). We're all adults here, well most of us anyways, there shouldn't even be a need for a chat room to be moderated but clearly some of us aren't over our "high school clique" attitude yet.

    And for the record, no one was ever rude or mean to me when I first came here. You have to be smart about things though. Don't ask a simple question that can be found with a two second search. If you must, just lurk a while and read the old posts, that's what I did. By the time you finish doing that you'll know enough that the questions you'll have now will be relevant for discussion. My $0.02.

    Jesse, I see you've brought Pork Chop with you over here. Nice!
  12. Senior Member
    scotty2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Age
    41
    Posts
    1,138
    Rep Power
    715

    Reputation

    I know I didn't do it, and I'm usually the only ******* in there every night.
  13. Banned
    John Benz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Posts
    520
    Rep Power
    0

    Reputation

    Jake, you have a pm.
  14. Registered User
    jweave23's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  237 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Posts
    2,612
    Rep Power
    1452

    Reputation

    Originally posted by Draven
    Jesse, I see you've brought Pork Chop with you over here. Nice!
    Yessir, courtesy of you, thanks man! (Quick plug):

    That incredible avatar you see in front of you was brought to me by http://gaining-mass.com

    Go there and check it out!!
  15. Senior Member
    windwords7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Posts
    2,297
    Rep Power
    1555

    Reputation

    Originally posted by John Benz
    Jake, you have a pm.
    Interesting stuff......thanks JB.
  16. New Member
    Draven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Age
    36
    Posts
    418
    Rep Power
    351

    Reputation

    Originally posted by jweave23


    Yessir, courtesy of you, thanks man! (Quick plug):

    That incredible avatar you see in front of you was brought to me by http://gaining-mass.com"]http://gaining-mass.com[/URL]

    Go there and check it out!!
    Haha, thanks bro.
  17. Banned
    John Benz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Posts
    520
    Rep Power
    0

    Reputation

    Originally posted by Big H
    When is the chat? Everytime I go in there it's emtpy. I feel as if I am being avoided
    Originally posted by spike1205
    happens to me too bro, ive only been in there once when it was full
    For some reason, chat gets hoppin from about midnight to 3 am. Must be a lot of night owls in there.
  18. I am faster than 80% of all snakes
    Dwight Schrute's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  221 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Age
    41
    Posts
    12,911
    Rep Power
    7016

    Reputation

    Originally posted by scotty2
    I know I didn't do it, and I'm usually the only ******* in there every night.
    True.
    For answers to board issues, read the Suggestion and News forum at the bottom of the main page.
  19. I am faster than 80% of all snakes
    Dwight Schrute's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  221 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Age
    41
    Posts
    12,911
    Rep Power
    7016

    Reputation

    Originally posted by jweave23


    Yessir, courtesy of you, thanks man! (Quick plug):

    That incredible avatar you see in front of you was brought to me by http://gaining-mass.com"]http://gaining-mass.com[/URL]

    Go there and check it out!!
    Don't solicit other boards here damnit or I will ban your ass...


    Oops I though this was bb.com....


    My bad....
    For answers to board issues, read the Suggestion and News forum at the bottom of the main page.
  20. Anabolic Innovations Owner
    CROWLER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    6,545
    Rep Power
    4828

    Reputation

    Originally posted by Draven
    That sucks. The boys over at AU are awsome. I don't understand why anyone would want to alienate them. They're just as knowledgable as anyone here, and cool. What more could you ask for? It's a shame that there's always someone who has to put someone else down to make themselves feel cool (Hmmm, reminds me of someone else we all knew). We're all adults here, well most of us anyways, there shouldn't even be a need for a chat room to be moderated but clearly some of us aren't over our "high school clique" attitude yet.

    And for the record, no one was ever rude or mean to me when I first came here. You have to be smart about things though. Don't ask a simple question that can be found with a two second search. If you must, just lurk a while and read the old posts, that's what I did. By the time you finish doing that you'll know enough that the questions you'll have now will be relevant for discussion. My $0.02.

    Jesse, I see you've brought Pork Chop with you over here. Nice!

    Agree 100%

    No once was rude to me either except the person who would put people down to make themselves feel better. Then he banned me and told everyone I was asking him for a source. BWAHAHAH yea ok.
  21. Senior Member
    Biggs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    1,285
    Rep Power
    786

    Reputation

    Originally posted by John Benz


    For some reason, chat gets hoppin from about midnight to 3 am. Must be a lot of night owls in there.
    ... yeah, and it's ruining me! luckily, I finally have a break from classes for about a month so staying up all night shootin' the **** with you cool fellas won't wreck me
  22. Senior Member
    windwords7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Posts
    2,297
    Rep Power
    1555

    Reputation

    Originally posted by Bobo


    Don't solicit other boards here damnit or I will ban your ass...


    Oops I though this was bb.com....


    My bad....
    LMAO!!
  23. Senior Member
    Biggs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    1,285
    Rep Power
    786

    Reputation

    Originally posted by jweave23
    That incredible avatar you see in front of you was brought to me by http://gaining-mass.com"]http://gaining-mass.com[/URL]

    ... funny, I thought that was Scotty... ?





  24. Senior Member
    Biggs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    1,285
    Rep Power
    786

    Reputation

    to be serious though, even though there is almost always at least one mod in there from either here or AU (can find me in there with a few other regulars almost every single night), if something happens that is inappropriately offensive that IS missed, come forward immediately and shoot any one of us a PM, and I can guarantee action will be taken with extreme haste... chatting with these guys is one of the best things about this board & AU for sure, and I apologize to anyone who's been subjected to inappropriate chatstuffs.
  25. Registered User
    jweave23's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  237 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Posts
    2,612
    Rep Power
    1452

    Reputation

    Originally posted by Biggs


    ... funny, I thought that was Scotty... ?





    LMAO, that's what I said to him on AIM, hahaha

    damn pigs
  26. Board Sponsor
    bigpetefox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    3,685
    Rep Power
    2016

    Reputation

    Originally posted by Big H
    When is the chat? Everytime I go in there it's emtpy. I feel as if I am being avoided

    Because you are...

    Originally posted by jweave23
     


    So yeah, I'll give anyone a quick jab , but there's no reason to make anyone feel unwelcome at all. I didn't realize this was a problem, so watch out for BigPete to ram his boot up your ass sideways
    And noone wants to have the boot of a guy who wears feather boas up their ass.. Well, maybe H does..  
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Chat Room
    By Cuffs in forum General Chat
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 11-30-2004, 06:37 PM
  2. Everyone should come to the chat room.
    By goin_big in forum General Chat
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-25-2003, 10:47 PM
  3. Chat room and stealth mode
    By labrad in forum General Chat
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 05-07-2003, 01:13 PM
  4. Chat Room
    By labrad in forum General Chat
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 04-04-2003, 10:18 PM
  5. Chat room don't work!
    By bpdaddy in forum General Chat
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-03-2002, 07:41 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in