General Computer Randomness

CDB

CDB

Awards
  • Established
For anyone who does these sorts of thing, I'm using a different shell right now called Emerge Desktop along with miniMIZE to handle all my windows at work and it's working quite nicely. Like the layout options and look of these things. Check them out if you like:

emergedesktop.org

Aquaria.za.net - Home

Most stable and convenient things I've found in quite a while.

CDB

CDB

Awards
  • Established
Thanks CDB, I like messing with this stuff.
I like Emerge. It's simple, but damn user friendly because of that. I run miniMIZE on top of that, and sometimes I run Dremples below that, so the whole desktop is this psycadelic meandering mess except my minimized windows and launcher. Looks cool as all hell. Not to practical at that point, but fun.

CDB

CDB

Awards
  • Established
Check out this screen shot. The launch bar is in the top middle, the system tray in the top right, the tasks in the top left. All have mover over transparency effects you can change. Got a nice clock in the bottom right and my miniMIZEd windows to play around with. I like this system.

Last edited:

tomall2

Awards
That does look cool. Might have to give it a try! If I go MIA for a while, just means I really screwed something up. :D

CDB

CDB

Awards
  • Established
That does look cool. Might have to give it a try! If I go MIA for a while, just means I really screwed something up. :D
Emerge has run flawlessly for me since I installed it. Rare for a shell replacement. But I guess it's because of the minimalism. There isn't much to **** up. Plus there's an option to let you switch between Emerge's shell and Window's explorer on the next restart. I was real impressed with this. Got to have XP I believe though or it won't run quite right. Plus soon it's possible he'll get his widgets ported to this release, and there'll be a transparent digital clock, a weather widget and a bunch of other stuff as well.

Rage (SoCal)

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Check out this screen shot. The launch bar is in the top middle, the system tray in the top right, the tasks in the top left. All have mover over transparency effects you can change. Got a nice clock in the bottom right and my miniMIZEd windows to play around with. I like this system.

Very nice! Is it a resource hog? I'm running on a 3 gig so I doubt I'd notice much difference.