my iq is now 71% lower... possibly stupidst thing I have ever heard

spatch

spatch

Awards
  • Established
So my family is out to eat with a family friend last night when the topic of steroids comes up. I usually just give nods and what not because trying to actually talk about this subject with the public is near pointless.

So my moms friend (who by the way, teaches a class named "sports nutrition" or something along those lines, also educates kids on the dangers of steroids)

The following is an excerpt from the conversation.

friend-"yea, they make you REALLY aggressive and hostle, hitler gave them to his soldiers in WW2"

my sister- "hmm, why dont they do that now a days then?"

friend-"because you arent YOU on steroids. Soldiers wouldnt fight as good, they arent in controll (she either has a siezer or pretends to hold a gun while VIOLENTLY shaking). You couldnt aim a gun on steroids. Thats why I dont know why athletes take them, you loose a lot of your motor skills and coordination on them."

I wanted to reply with a "yeah thats why bonds could controll himself to hit those 73 homers right?", but I just continued on my spagetti and meatballs.

I still dont know weather or not she thinks people on juice actually sit there and shake like she was doing?

Rivet

Rivet

Awards
  • Established
friend-"yea, they make you REALLY aggressive and hostle, hitler gave them to his soldiers in WW2"

my sister- "hmm, why dont they do that now a days then?"

friend-"because you arent YOU on steroids. Soldiers wouldnt fight as good, they arent in controll (she either has a siezer or pretends to hold a gun while VIOLENTLY shaking). You couldnt aim a gun on steroids. Thats why I dont know why athletes take them, you loose a lot of your motor skills and coordination on them."
From what I remember reading Hitler's people never got that right. They couldn’t get steroids working the way they wanted to at the time. Didn’t they try and use an extract made from bull's testes that didn’t work? I DO know that they gave some soldiers amphetamines however. That would have them shaking and aggressive. She probably assumes its all the same...

bpmartyr

bpmartyr

Snuggle Club™ mascot
Awards
  • Established
I just finished my bull testes extract and amphetamine breakfast and Ii amm baaryely sxhacksimng..

Achtung! Baby!

jminis

jminis

Awards
  • Established
ask her if that explains why most women are so difficult to deal with. A lot are on birth control (AAS):D See it's not there fault they just can't control themselves. LOL

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
Ask her to show you a scientific study proving to you that steroids are indeed as dangerous as she claims and then show her one showing how they can be used safely in moderate doses by healthy males :)

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
The US govt used amphetamines a lot during WWII, Korea and into 'Nam.

I don't think steroid synthesis really got going until the 1950's though.

yeahright

yeahright

Awards
  • Established
The US govt used amphetamines a lot during WWII, Korea and into 'Nam.

I don't think steroid synthesis really got going until the 1950's though.
Next generation drugs like Provigil are STILL being used (especially by pilots). Chemically amplifying the abilities of combatants seems natural to me. If you're asking people to risk imminent death, then the possibility of some long-term health problem really needs to be discounted and weighed against the possible benefits to achieveing mission objectives and combat survival.

Fighting Fatigue - By J. Michael Brower - Military Aerospace Technology

UNITED STATES AIR FORCE RESEARCH LABORATORY

danTman2

Awards
  • Established
hitler gave his troops gear? I know he gave them dinitrophenol but never heard the gear part, HA.

Nullifidian

Banned
Awards
  • Established
hitler gave his troops gear? I know he gave them dinitrophenol but never heard the gear part, HA.
Why in the world would he give them DNP? So they could be slim and trim? WTF ???

CallmeClark

Awards
  • Established
I love stupid people. They make my life more fun. lol

gotripped

gotripped

Banned
Awards
  • Established
All that I can recall was POW troops receiving Steroids during WW2 and Vietnam after they weighed 100 pounds and were nearly dead.

CHAPS

Awards
  • Established
That's ok i had to hold back SOOOOOOo much from laughing at this guy that trained me at my new job a couple weeks ago, and it's at my gym by the way. Well he said you could always tell the guys who are on juice and just "shot up" because they'd come in shaking and walk around looking angry. He also said he eats what he wants and put on "tons" of size and alot of guys that he was "juicing", LMFAO This guy is like 5'8 and 120lbs sopping wet, LMAO. I told him that they weren't shaking from steroids they were shaking from using Clenbuterol while dieting! He still argued with me and insisted it was the steroids, lol. People are so stupid when it comes to the subject of steroids they think all weird kinda things.

Like their was a guy practically running around my gym and grunting and throwing weights around and a couple guys watching said "well ya if i was on steroids i'd probably be like that too", sorry guys steroids don't make you act like a total goof and run around grunting and trying to act all hardcore, lol. Oh and this same guy pullin this crap has badly waxed eyebrows, lmao.

Rivet

Rivet

Awards
  • Established
T People are so stupid when it comes to the subject of steroids they think all weird kinda things.
The only thing people believe when I tell them anything on this subject is that your "boys" can shrink when you’re on.

B4n3 0n3

The only thing people believe when I tell them anything on this subject is that your "boys" can shrink when you’re on.
And then they probly tell you the frank shrinks as well.

Rivet

Rivet

Awards
  • Established
Actually they usually find it odd. Most think its the other way around. That the "frank" shrinks and the "beans" stay the same. After I explain how it works they actually understand and they make it seem like I unveiled a great mystery. I super simplify it too " If you dont use it you lose it" in relation to the testes not being needed as much since your getting it from an outside source.

gotripped

gotripped

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Actually they usually find it odd. Most think its the other way around. That the "frank" shrinks and the "beans" stay the same. After I explain how it works they actually understand and they make it seem like I unveiled a great mystery. I super simplify it too " If you dont use it you lose it" in relation to the testes not being needed as much since your getting it from an outside source.
Yeah I usually gotta break it down barney style for 'em too.

spatch

spatch

Awards
  • Established
I dont go to the school where she teaches, but I would REALLY like to laugh at the stuff she says about them in class.

Rivet

Rivet

Awards
  • Established
I dont go to the school where she teaches, but I would REALLY like to laugh at the stuff she says about them in class.
Problem being, no matter what you’re going to be wrong. Even more so because shes a teacher in nutrition. I’m wrong all day everyday on the topics of nutrition/fitness even when I have studies to back myself up with :)

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
Didn't they used to dope the Phillipine soilders up on opium and amphetamines??? That's why we invented the .45, because our 38's werent stopping them! :numbered:

--

I have an uncle who used to teach Physical Education AND Substance Abuse counseling at the high school in his town. He taught from an educational standpoint and from his personal experiences, from using steroids and playing football to being addicted to heroin...and boy I tell ya...there's no one who can teach stuff better than someone who has been through it. The students listened to him because they could relate, and that's a big factor in determing how kids will perceive what's being taught.

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
LOL, My sister-in-law tried telling me this a couple of months ago. I had never heard anybody say that before, but I guess it's a pretty common misconception. I don't understand people's hatred for stuff that they know nothing about...ignorance, I guess.

CHAPS

Awards
  • Established
The general public is clueless when it comes to steroids, it doesn't help you get get stupid shows like the man who's arms explodes on tv. I couldn't believe Steve Michlek,that guy is a ****in retard, oh u can stick a needle in your ass or do 100 dumbbell squats or somethign stupid like that, then he goes on to say that even if your inject steroids once it' slike a ticking time bomb and that your gunna get cancer n so on. He got cancer and he needed to blame someone or something so he blames the steroids, hey whatever gets you to sleep at night buddy.

gotripped

gotripped

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Thing is with drugs like heroine cocaine, ex, no one cares if you do that. Because they believe it will **** you up permanent. Now with roid's they see what happens to those who take it getting swole and what not if done correctly. that pisses them off, makes them feel weak and insecure and almost stupid. Therefore they'll write it off as EXTREMELY harmful to your body.

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I just think it's weird how different cultures/societies attach stigmas to various things. There are countries in which small amounts of marijuana, steroids, etc are legal, but b/c it is illegal in the US many have a negative view of them. How differently do you think people would think about steroids if they were legalized in some manner here in the US? People see that it's illegal and automatically think it's bad. Alcohol was illegal in the early 1900's...

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm moving to mexico.
I just think it's weird how different cultures/societies attach stigmas to various things. There are countries in which small amounts of marijuana, steroids, etc are legal, but b/c it is illegal in the US many have a negative view of them. How differently do you think people would think about steroids if they were legalized in some manner here in the US? People see that it's illegal and automatically think it's bad. Alcohol was illegal in the early 1900's...
LOL, I hear ya, but I wasn't just referring to Mexico.