My encounter with a Dr! (just for Pioneer)

Rivet

Rivet

Awards
  • Established
hopefully they'll will tell you the end result.

and tell us this other story.
I have a few family members that have Type 2 Diabetes. I recently got health insurance so I decided to get checked out. I don’t have a MD at the moment since I can’t seem to find one. I went to a local clinic to speak to a Dr. I waited for about 30 mins in the waiting room then another 30mins in the Dr’s exam area. The Dr. 1st asked me what I wanted. I told her. She then looks at me and goes “…Hmmm Hmmmm ya a lil overweight” I thought it was because I had a baggy shirt on. I lifted my shirt and she then goes “..awwww yes overweight”.. That seemed to reinforce the fact that I was overweight. She THEN told me I needed to exercise and avoid sugar because that’s asking for diabetes. Its not like I have even have a small “beer” gut, I have around .5 inches worth of fat max on my most troublesome area. My face got all flushed. She then asked my weight and I told her 188 (Im 6foot 34inch waist) I told her I don’t eat ANY sugar and she wasn’t listening and just smiled it off. So she fills out a Lab sheet for me to get done. She then added a test for cholesterol because I’m overweight. What’s weird is that she was looking at my arms when she 1st said I was overweight? I’m not ripped or anything but I was actually semi vascular at the time just sitting there. Now I wonder what the hell her vision of a healthy weight/body size is. Don’t worry I’m never going back there…

Pioneer

Pioneer

Awards
  • Established
A thread just for me... aw shucks... haha :D

You should have told her she wasn't looking too firm around the edges herself, and that she should get her cholesterol checked. Obesity kills ya know.

and from your avy you look lean to me.

Rivet

Rivet

Awards
  • Established
A thread just for me... aw shucks... haha :D

You should have told her she wasn't looking too firm around the edges herself, and that she should get her cholesterol checked. Obesity kills ya know.

and from your avy you look lean to me.
Thanks, I dont have a six pack but I feel im far from overweight.
She wasnt large at all, too me she looked sickly. I refered to her to my friends as "Zombie like".

Rivet

Rivet

Awards
  • Established
Update!!

Ok I just got to see my blood tests results. I wasn’t allowed to take the report with me so I don’t remember any of the numbers. The Doc who gave me the lab report to get filled wasn’t there. However, a Doc let me peek because I’m not supposed to without the doc who ordered the lab present. He said all my values are perfect. I don’t have any signs diabetes at all. Blood glucose was perfect. Cholesterol was perfect too! He then told me its all perfect because I’m an athlete (I didn’t even tell him anything). That my results were even good for an athlete. I told him my story about the Doc and her saying I was overweight. He looked to see if anyone was around then started laughing :)

So that rules out being insulin resistance for the reason Oratropin didn’t work out for me which is the whole reason why I got tested….

Ziricote

Ziricote

Awards
  • Established
When/if you see that first doctor give her **** for calling you overweight and then ask her if she's pregnant, when she says "no" you reply "oh, I thought that was a baby bump". :)

Rivet

Rivet

Awards
  • Established
When/if you see that first doctor give her **** for calling you overweight and then ask her if she's pregnant, when she says "no" you reply "oh, I thought that was a baby bump". :)

Prolly never see her again. She looked like a zombie! Sucken in sagging face.

Rage (SoCal)

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Prolly never see her again. She looked like a zombie! Sucken in sagging face.
That's disgusting. If you told her she looked fat she probably would have killed herself. How in the living hell is she a doctor beats me.