Wanna know why stock prices move?

the Cardinal

Awards
One of the better explanations you'll ever read:
Why Stock Prices Move - Yahoo! News

To repeat myself: If you are interested in learning about stocks and investing, as well as seeking some independent (but free) investment advice, check out the Motley Fool. Although they offer a variety of products for sale, the information that you can obtain for free is more than enough for typical investors and potential investors alike.

This has been an unpaid, unbiased Public Service Announcement from the "Bodybuilders Can Be More Than Meatheats" Association.

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
I've thought about getting into it. The route I would take would be a stock broker. The market seems like it needs total immersion if you want to understand and actually earn money. Cool read though, thanks!

Mrs. Gimpy!

Mrs. Gimpy!

Awards
  • Established
im still in the middle of reading the four pillars of building a portfolio....... great book so far. i've learned so much. finances is a continous lifelong journey. i love it all though.

size

Awards
  • Established
One thing that is missing from that article is expectations eventhough it is alluded to. Expectations drive markets and can even create markets. In my opinion, this is an important aspect to recognize.
Another thing to consider is that financial markets are more representative of a global macroeconomy in today's markets than in the past.

CROWLER

CROWLER

Anabolic Innovations Owner
Awards
  • Established
By the time my chauffer has heard about a hot stock tip I have already bought it, sold it and made my profit :)

Actually it is all just legal gambling

CROWLER