how does this work?

nickjr000

Awards
I'm new here and trying to make some friends. Can somebody tell me how the reputation point part works. Thanks Nick.

tattoopierced1

its basically if you like what someone posted, you rep them. its kinda like an "E-pat on the back".

Have some reps for asking...

Basso

Basso

Awards
  • Established
Welcome Nick, didn't I see you in the Dungeon?

nickjr000

Awards
basso.... Don't think it was me. Whats the dungeon?

nickjr000

Awards
Anybody else going to donate points to the new guy?

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
haha if i scratch your back you scratch mine....lol

yeahright

yeahright

Awards
  • Established
I'm new here and trying to make some friends. Can somebody tell me how the reputation point part works. Thanks Nick.
It's a rough proxy for how useful the community has found a person's postings. However, don't get too distracted by it. Some people who really know what they are talking about have low reputation because they rarely post. Some people (like me) have accumulated a high reputation for no discernable reason.

If someone takes the time to give you a thoughtful response to a post, take them seriously regardless of their reputation. Conversely, if someone simply spouts off as if they are the fountain of knowledge, discount them regardless of their reputation.

nickjr000

Awards
Thanks for the info. This is like a brotherhood huh?

yeahright

yeahright

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for the info. This is like a brotherhood huh?
It's a community of people who share similar goals and interests. Once I found this place I stopped actively participating on other boards.

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
It's a community of people who share similar goals and interests. Once I found this place I stopped actively participating on other boards.
same here. i still check on other boards here and there but i spend so much time on this site its like part of my daily routine lol ....an addiction of some sort

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
yah you said you were going to bless me with some rep for being a loyal member!

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hmmm, You must swear complete and total loyalty to all that is AM and the Candy Ass Dire_Mod.

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hmmm, You must swear complete and total loyalty to all that is AM and the Candy Ass Dire_Mod.
I swear from here on out to be loyal in all ways to AM and the Candy Ass Dire_Mod. I will be no man's ***** but for a candy ass rep whore champion i will! haha, Im also switching my membership from the Saluu Fan Club to the Jayhawwk Asskisser Club. lol

HairyLarry35

Awards

You'll learn more on hear in a day than any other site. Tons of resources and TONS of experience (good and bad.) Definitely agree with this post. There's no place like AM! :goodpost: