jeep

toughchick401

toughchick401

Awards
  • Established
:jaw:

I posted a few months back about a issue with my brand new jeep rubicon, an 06, drove it off the lot in March, 28th to be exact. Well it was back in 4 times for a water leak, they have replaced the seals on the doors (both driver and passenger) 3 times, yes 3 times....the hinges on both doors 1 time and replaced a cracked something in the passenger side door, seal perhaps.

I drive to get it today, after being in a rent a car since july 6th, for the same issue, a LEAK, i get in it, and just for ****s and giggles I lift up the passenger rug, a PUDDLE( there was a nasty thunderstorm last night in RI) so I go back in, listen come look at this, I am taking my jeep this weekend, you have had it more than me and I want to take the top off...once this summer. So off i go, MAD AS HELL

I decide to go vacum it and wash it ( i am anal about my jeep).....so I vacum it, and wash it, i lift the floor matts, another freakin puddle................:jaw:

I head back to the dealership, the gm isent there i speak to a salesman who actaully sold me the jeep and tell him, come look, its AMAZING, still leaking......he says he is to busy, I wanted to take his head and shove it in the door of the jeep.......ugghhhhhh

So i came home, took pictures and called chrysler, well that didnt get me far,

So lemon law is 4 times for the same issue or 30 days in a rent a car, i fall short on the 30 days by 3, but the issue isent fixed.....

anyone ever do a lemon law???? and did you win???

TC

CROWLER

CROWLER

Anabolic Innovations Owner
Awards
  • Established
Sorry I have not had anything like lemon law issues but this may help some.

Many states have a complete division of the State Atty Generals office for Motor Vehicle complaints you may try there. Also a call to a couple local attys may help. It may suprise you how much times some attys will give you for free on the phone, not saying all but some.

I know attys from the board in the following states and they may help you in answering a couple quick questions NY, FL, TX and I THINK CA So if you live in one of these states feel free to email me at [email protected] and I can pass along a link to this thread and have them contact you if you like.

I would imagine that if you do a google search for something like how to get satisfaction from a new car dealer or screwed by a car dealer what to do or lemon law help please you could find a whole forum on the subject

Just a couple ideas might not help.
CROWLER

toughchick401

toughchick401

Awards
  • Established
thanks, i already called the Attorny generals office, got the paper work on the lemon law, I will start calling attornys monday ..............

thanks again :)

spatch

spatch

Awards
  • Established
You should have gotten a jeep commanche (discontinued 1994)

Mine is an '88 and its still running strong :thumbsup:

I

idunk42

King Kong
Awards
  • Established
Well your first mistake was buying it on my birthday. That wasnt a good sign from the get go. :(

CROWLER

CROWLER

Anabolic Innovations Owner
Awards
  • Established
Well your first mistake was buying it on my birthday. That wasnt a good sign from the get go. :(
Well that sure was a nice way of spoiling the suprise. Well now you know she bought you a jeep, but wants it PERFECT before she gives it to you. :)

CROWLER

toughchick401

toughchick401

Awards
  • Established
Well that sure was a nice way of spoiling the suprise. Well now you know she bought you a jeep, but wants it PERFECT before she gives it to you. :)

CROWLER

lol..:)

toughchick401

toughchick401

Awards
  • Established
update:

My jeep is in again for the water leak, so this is time 5, i called the service dept yesterday to see if they had any idea how long they would have it this time...The guy tells me he cant fix it, his crew has no idea, he has done all he can do, and I will be getting a call to offer me a buyback and put me in a brand new jeep rubicon...:)

Finally a non leaky jeep..............maybe something is looking positive in all this..............

TC

Kam

Kam

Awards
  • Established
I hope everything works out, I'm surprised I've heard of problems with mercedes as the germans put all there best guys on chrysler.

I myself havn't delt with a lemon law yet, as I haven't owned a new car yet.

Once you start throwing lawyers names around and talking about the better business burea you'll get a by back. It shouldn't even have gone this far as the dealership I don't think would take the hit, the manufactoror should be the one that has to pay for the vehicle to be replaced. But they do a pre delivery inspection when it comes off the truck so It's probably the dealerships once it's signed for as it is brought into inventory.

Good luck,

Now's not the time to be nice, raise some hell.

Sunder

Sunder

Awards
  • Established
I hope it goes well for you. Jeeps are not necessarily known for their great body workmanship, and the quality can be lacking. However, what's happening to you is totally unacceptable.

I've had my TJ since 1998 and still love it to this day (it's a '97). She'll be 10 years old soon, and for some reason, she still feels new to me. Now granted I replaced my steering box this summer, and put in a new radiator last year...and may have to get my exhaust replaced in the next few years (already did a full cat-back replacement with custom duel exhaust).

I have a rust spot now that I need to get around to buffing out. :( But she never leaks (inside), and my doors are off as often as I can. Never brought the windshield down though - I hear that sometimes breaks the seal.

Amazingly enough, my manifold is totally fine - which considering all the many problems with the manifold in those early years, I'm a little surprised. I'm somewhat happy, and yet kinda sad that I don't have a good enough excuse to install a Banks header in it's place, LoL.

Good luck to you!

toughchick401

toughchick401

Awards
  • Established
I hope it goes well for you. Jeeps are not necessarily known for their great body workmanship, and the quality can be lacking. However, what's happening to you is totally unacceptable.

I've had my TJ since 1998 and still love it to this day (it's a '97). She'll be 10 years old soon, and for some reason, she still feels new to me. Now granted I replaced my steering box this summer, and put in a new radiator last year...and may have to get my exhaust replaced in the next few years (already did a full cat-back replacement with custom duel exhaust).

I have a rust spot now that I need to get around to buffing out. :( But she never leaks (inside), and my doors are off as often as I can. Never brought the windshield down though - I hear that sometimes breaks the seal.

Amazingly enough, my manifold is totally fine - which considering all the many problems with the manifold in those early years, I'm a little surprised. I'm somewhat happy, and yet kinda sad that I don't have a good enough excuse to install a Banks header in it's place, LoL.

Good luck to you!

See i had a wrangler x the last time, soft top roof nothing fancy, never , ever a issue...warm as can be in the winter, fun and cool in the summer.......

Now my brand new rubicon, hard top, so many issues(well this one lingering one)....a water leak.....

I just completed the 25 pge paperwork regrading a lemon law, when this all happened.....so all is good..

I see a all black rubicon in my future, and the first thing i am doing is taking the top off...LOL:)

Kam

Kam

Awards
  • Established
sounds good, good thing your training hard to knock out all that paperwork.

S

Stinger124

Awards
  • Established
I have had my jeep for the last 6 yrs, Built it from bone stock.. Its a Jeep, it leaks... Pull the drain plugs and be done with it.. It will be ok. I have had about 8" of water running through mine even with it sitting on 40" tall tires.. Was not a problem.. water drained out, carpet dried.( Not stinky to it )
Still running like a champ. Never had any problems with it mechanically. Even after I flipped it and rolled it 1 and 1/2 times, It still runs great.. Actually flipped it back over and drove it back to camp. Its a jeep, Its tough.. Alittle water will not hurt it. And like you, I am very maticulous with my jeep even though it is a Rock Crawler, It stays clean..

Sorry for all the pic, But I had to show my baby off alittle. Its a Jeep thing..

yeahright

yeahright

Awards
  • Established
Keep on them. They will try and give you the runaround (like they have - you need to speak to the salesman, but he's too busy to talk, etc.) knowing that a good percentage of people just give up. They will also try and run the clock out on the Lemon Law so follow every requirement to the letter.

Car dealerships live off the weak and stupid (I have relatives in the business and you wouldn't believe the utter contempt they have for customers). Only once it's absolutely clear that it will be less trouble to pay you off than blow you off will they do you right.

toughchick401

toughchick401

Awards
  • Established
I have had my jeep for the last 6 yrs, Built it from bone stock.. Its a Jeep, it leaks... Pull the drain plugs and be done with it.. It will be ok. I have had about 8" of water running through mine even with it sitting on 40" tall tires.. Was not a problem.. water drained out, carpet dried.( Not stinky to it )
Still running like a champ. Never had any problems with it mechanically. Even after I flipped it and rolled it 1 and 1/2 times, It still runs great.. Actually flipped it back over and drove it back to camp. Its a jeep, Its tough.. Alittle water will not hurt it. And like you, I am very maticulous with my jeep even though it is a Rock Crawler, It stays clean..

Sorry for all the pic, But I had to show my baby off alittle. Its a Jeep thing..

i understand the jeep thing really...but mine is a 06 rubicon, not meant to leak and have rust spots at 2 months old....that is unacceptable....I dont spend 26G to have it fall apart so easy.............

i like the pics...:)

Leggo my Ego

Leggo my Ego

Awards
  • Established
well as many a fellow jeepsters will tell ya...

Just
Empty
Every
Pocket

good luck on making thing right, toughchick. Sounds frustrating as hell!

Nice jeep stinger

F

fatbasturd

Awards
i'm gonna guess its leaking from the cowel vent
open the hood and look for a rubber hose coming from near the window and pointing down and just ending.
squeeze this hose and the end should open up and water will come out.... i know it sounds kinda 2 easy of a fix but thats why the stealership didn't find it

sorry your having a prob with your jeep
i've loved my jeeps and still do even though i sold my last one about 3 months ago

Pirate4x4.Com - Rock Crawling 4x4 Action
Welcome to Great Lakes 4x4

S

Stinger124

Awards
  • Established
Fatbastard is probably right... I have seen my fair share of the leak from there s well.. Sometimes, That area will just hold water and then, it will rest out over time.. My buddys Jeep did the same thing.
One other thing you can do that will help ya alittle bit is to call the BBB.... Tell the car dealer ship that you have done that as well..

Good luck.

bpmartyr

bpmartyr

Snuggle Club™ mascot
Awards
  • Established
1.) Make sure you have gap insurance and a low deductible to start.

2.) "Accidently" drive that son of a ***** through the dealership, making sure to hit enough sh1t to totall it.

3.) Say your foot slipped off the "wet" brake pedal and slammed on the gas.

4.) Tke photos and post em for us to laugh at with you.

toughchick401

toughchick401

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for all the advice, laughs.....lol i was at the point of driving my jeep through the window...........if i hadent been told thursday about the buyback deal i was going to a local news station, and asking them to do a story.....

as for leaks, see i think its the top, when i take a turn i cant explain it it dosent feel/sound right....it feels wobbly, and it sounds so loud like a banging sound.....to me that should not be.....but when i mentioned it i was told,"you teach right, leave fixing cars to us men".....yeah that got me far....lol

I think my 4th job should be a test driver for new cars, so far i have had a ford focus, chevy cavialer(spelling),a sonata, honda accord, and a mazda 3........

Sunder

Sunder

Awards
  • Established
New vehicles, regardless of brand, should never have any problems period - not at the price we pay for them. I started to get rust around the 5-6 year mark, but I also live in winter conditions most of the year...

I have both a hardtop and a softtop - and neither leak to this day. If it started now - well, that's much different than brand new.

"you teach right, leave fixing cars to us men"
Sounds like you need different men in your life, as they don't sound like they're holding up their end of the bargin...

Stinger - awesome Jeep - you're very serious about it. :) Flatfenders and full rollcage easily give that away. Question - did you relocate your rear axle? In that one pic, it looks like you have a longer wheelbase than stock, but it could just be the custom flatfendering that's throwing me off.

I used to frequent jeepforums and jeepsunlimited often...checked out pirate a lot too...not as much as I used to though. It's like window shopping at a store you can't afford. :)

I almost like looking at Jeeps as much as I like looking a girls...

S

Stinger124

Awards
  • Established
Sunder...
Yes, The wheel base has been stretched from 93" to 106.
Front has been moved as well as the rear. Its a passion for me, and yeah, it ranks right up there with checking out beautiful women. I still go to pirate and several others, But not as much here lately.. This forum has started taking up alot of my time now. Seems my focus is really in the gym now.
Plus, Its to stinkin hot to go camping and wheelin..

toughchick401

toughchick401

Awards
  • Established
Update:

I finally get a call this AM from a woman from Chrysler where my loan is through, asking me some questions, after that she tells me, sorry this happened, and we will attempt to put you in a jeep as close to yours as we can. Ok....Than she hits me with, "I will even waive the mileage fee".....I was kinda thrown, never though they would attempt to charge me for miles on a faulty jeep.....I mean really now....

Than she tells me she is going to give this paperwork to another company who will be calling me in 7-10 days, and this whole process takes a good month. So I asked about my jeep, should I stay in this rent a car for the time being, or get my jeep back? She tells me to get my jeep back and she will be in touch...........

I go to the dealer ship and speak with the GM, a fellow gym rat like myself, he is laughing at this point, he has nothing on the lot comparable to mine, no more rubicons, and looks like i will have to take what i can get as far as color, seeing as the 07's are a totally new design........<sigh>

At this point painting a large lemon on the side isent a bad idea :)

F

FitnFirm

Banned
Awards
  • Established
1.) Make sure you have gap insurance and a low deductible to start.

2.) "Accidently" drive that son of a ***** through the dealership, making sure to hit enough sh1t to totall it.

3.) Say your foot slipped off the "wet" brake pedal and slammed on the gas.

4.) Tke photos and post em for us to laugh at with you.

ROFLMAO, I like this idea the most!!!!!! And Im crazy enough to actually do it!

H

Head Nurse

Awards
I've alot of bad stuff about the newer jeeps. I stick with only CJ's and wranglers and I get the older stuff. Sorry to hear that you are having so many problems.

toughchick401

toughchick401

Awards
  • Established
UPDATE:

I found 2 rubicons, automatic as I cant drive a stick shift .....I call the dealership where I purchased mine, they told me to go and talk to the GM of the dealership and see what he could/would do for me. I was floored, do you think I am going to get the GM to just give me a jeep, ummmm NOT SO MUCH!! Got a call from a company, ISG, answered her questions , she told me the same thing, go talk to them at the other dealership. UMMM Again NO....

So after 3 weeks of this BS I called both the ISG company and the dealership where I got my jeep and told them i was thankfull for all there help, but now I had to file, and call turn to 10 ( a local news station where you can call and they investigate).....

Funny 45 mins later I get a call, we found a jeep, its not a rubicon but after we get all the bells and whistles in it......

Moral of the story: never buy a car..:(

F

fatbasturd

Awards
don't do it
a regular jeep is way inferior to the rubicon
the transfer cases are no where near the same no matter what they say
the axles on a rubicon can handle 35 inch tires easily
the axles on a tj can barely handle 33 inch tires with a 4 cylinder engine

also the rubicon has selectable lockers tj has none

S

Stinger124

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, if you plan on doing any wheelin at all, the Rubi is the best.. If your gonna just stay on the road.. Get the regular TJ..
The Rubicon, has the Dana 44 axles under it, and the TJ has a Dana 30 up front and a Dana 35 out back.

The Transfercase in the Rubi may be a tad bit stronger, but it does have the 4 to 1 gear reduction in it. I think the transfercase is a NP231 which is what most TJ's YJ's ,XJ's KJ"s and I am pretty sure the Rubi has under it.

So, long story short.. If your not gonna wheel it, Save your self the money, and get yourself a TJ with a 6 cyclinder in it, and a auto, and you will be happy. You can also run 33" tires with the TJ with a mild 3 or 4 " lift kit. And the axle should be ok as long as you do not try to race it.. I have several buddies who have run this setup , and have not broken anything yet.. But, I ran the same setup with 35" tires, and blew the Dana35 axles up all the time.

Save the money if your not gonna wheel it and get the TJ..

If you do plan on wheelin it.. Get the Rubi..

Good luck.

toughchick401

toughchick401

Awards
  • Established
I just want this done...really......so seeing as I have a choice, a smelly, leaking rubicon to a clean, leak free X....I am thinking a step down is ok.............:) At least its done

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
I recently went through getting my girlfriend a car. We went thru 3 Hyundai dealerships. The first one, he quoted us a price but couldn't meet it. The second one tried selling her a car that really was non-existant (They couldn't find it on the lot, but they had ANOTHER car that was just like it only more expensive :lol:) And the third place, which she bought the car from, tried low balling her (unsuccessfully.)

Buying a car is a real pain in the arse. But it's a learning experience. I buy all my Toyota's from the same guy, same place...always gotten quality service.

A funny story...I bought a car for $1000 cash when I was in a tight spot. The 'dealer' (if thats what you want to call him) made me sign something that voided the lemon law. I, like an idiot, did so. What happened? My car started stalling out the day I bought it. Luckily it was a small fix ($20 part)

good luck with your car hunt, toughchick. Just make the dealer work for you, tell them exactly what you want and settle for nothing less! You can control them if your willing to walk out!

Gumbo

Gumbo

Awards
Sort of on-topic, but this may help with your decision...

I recently got the Unlimited Jeep after having owned a '94 Sahara and an '04 Rubicon. Unless you plan to go off-road, there is no need for a Rubicon. I love the extra space with the Unlimited....I removed the back seat and put up cargo nets around the side and back so my dogs can ride with me and not leap out when they see squirels.

The longer wheelbase also provides a smoother ride.

Gumbo

toughchick401

toughchick401

Awards
  • Established
I decided to go for the X....I mean it's been raining here in Rhode Island for the past 3 days (today is sunny finally)..but my jeep is moldy(it smells) and I am tired of driving a smelly jeep with a rust spot............The step down is fine, its loaded, black,on gray with a sun rider..:)

Now I just have to wait to get it, they say there picking it up today, but who knows, than its the waiting game for the paperwork on the buyback of my rubicon.......

The only thing i can say is i did this all on my own, whether its the right choice, well who knows......but at least i got myself in and out of this mess......:)

Leggo my Ego

Leggo my Ego

Awards
  • Established
Hey, good job toughchick! I'm glad everything worked out for you and you are a happy camper!

:woohoo:

toughchick401

toughchick401

Awards
  • Established
Update:

Week bazillion of this freaking mess, and still no jeep, the dealership has it, black on black, 06, X but the other company who i have to deal with in this buyback, they are insane...sign this, no sign this, we need this copy of this form, A,B,C,D signed and on and on............. i was called friday sept 1st, come get the jeep on tuesday, than tuesday comes, no wednesday, than thursday, and so on....and now today when I called, it might be monday, might not be......

See here is where it get's tricky, I can file lemon law, but am I going to hurt myself in the end, the company knows I have a case and I would win, hence the whole buyback thing. At this point for all the annoyance and crap I have gone through, put up with, I say why the heck not.....

Now I know why people go postal, I have a 06, leaky, smelly jeep that I am still paying on, while a brand new one sits waiting for me in the dealership lot......:(

Any suggestions? I tried it my way and that got me no where fast..............

D

doggzj

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I'd personally just file lemon law, because it sounds like you are going to get the run-around forever. Bite the bullet. At least then you can put this behind you.

toughchick401

toughchick401

Awards
  • Established
LAST UPDATE:

Finally got my replacement jeep tonight, 2 months of hell of fighting for what;s right...YIPPEEEEEE!!!!! and I did it all on my own..............

Funny Chrysler made me sign a agreement saying I would not speak of this incident..LOL everybody knows about it anyway..... But they made good, :)

YEAH!!!!!!!! :)

dwass

dwass

Awards
LAST UPDATE:

Finally got my replacement jeep tonight, 2 months of hell of fighting for what;s right...YIPPEEEEEE!!!!! and I did it all on my own..............

Funny Chrysler made me sign a agreement saying I would not speak of this incident..LOL everybody knows about it anyway..... But they made good, :)

YEAH!!!!!!!! :)
Did you have to settle for a color other than what you originally got?

Congrats, btw!

bpmartyr

bpmartyr

Snuggle Club™ mascot
Awards
  • Established
:clap2: :clap2: :thumbsup:

somewhatgifted

somewhatgifted

Awards
  • Established
:bruce1: :dance: :saw:
almost had to open a can of whoop a.......

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S Supplements 20
toughchick401 General Chat 8