Landis tests positive

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I doubt he would be stupid enough to use anything illegal at the present time with everything surrounding the sport.

ktw

Awards
  • Established
You would be surprised. Ulrich and Basso were at the top of their game and they were involved in that huge doping scandal.

Also, Landis was complaining about intense hip pain, you never know what they could have given him. Also remember that stage where he miraculously went from 11th to 1st.

flytrapcan

flytrapcan

Awards
  • Established
I don't think these guys consider the consequences of getting caught, cause they won't get get caught... and then they do. :(

Stinger124

Awards
  • Established
Not sure if I am correct or not, but I thought I just saw where Armstrong admitted to taking steroids.. If he admitted it, Landis should have known that he would get caught.
I hope it is a legit win..

Ronin13

Ronin13

Awards
  • Established
Armstrong never admitted to taking steroids.

I think the US riders were under intense pressure to perform this year at the tour and considering Landis nearly died in stage 16 from Bourg d’Oisans to La Toussuire and recovered so amazingly in stage 17 is pretty suspect. He went from sitting in 11th to 3rd overall by making up more than 8 minutes. I was blessed enough to attend ever Tour that Armstrong won and yes, he always performed well but never did he ever perform at such a level with little or no effort such as Landis did in stage 17. I am afraid to say this but I think Landis is guilty. I hope the evidence proves other wise.

Not sure if I am correct or not, but I thought I just saw where Armstrong admitted to taking steroids.. If he admitted it, Landis should have known that he would get caught.
I hope it is a legit win..

ktw

Awards
  • Established
IMO they make competition better. Take bodybuilding for example. Would you rather go to a show and see steve reeves or ronnie coleman?
Steve Reeves, Coleman and modern bodybuilding is a joke.

flytrapcan

flytrapcan

Awards
  • Established
Armstrong never admitted to taking steroids.

I think the US riders were under intense pressure to perform this year at the tour and considering Landis nearly died in stage 16 from Bourg d’Oisans to La Toussuire and recovered so amazingly in stage 17 is pretty suspect. He went from sitting in 11th to 3rd overall by making up more than 8 minutes. I was blessed enough to attend ever Tour that Armstrong won and yes, he always performed well but never did he ever perform at such a level with little or no effort such as Landis did in stage 17. I am afraid to say this but I think Landis is guilty. I hope the evidence proves other wise.

You surprised me with that response after the posting in Le Monde Daily (English exert). I've looked for an english paper reporting the same but I haven't been able to find a thing.

After some more searching I found this in which Armstrong disputes the Le Monde article.

drunk

Awards
I really believe that most of the top athletes in every sport use some type of performance enhancer. Lance Armstrong never tested positive for anything. But if one day proof came out that he did use something, I wouldn't be surprised by it.

ktw

Awards
  • Established
Funny how in interviews he does not sound too confident.

"I think this might turn out well for me"

The "might" shows skepticism

rpen22

rpen22

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Funny how in interviews he does not sound too confident.

"I think this might turn out well for me"

The "might" shows skepticism
Yeah, and on the news they played a clip of him being asked if he's ever used performance enhancers and he says something like "Uh, you know, I'll say no".

doggzj

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Wait, people actually care about cycling as a sport after lance left? I honestly didn't even know the tour happened.

rpen22

rpen22

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Wait, people actually care about cycling as a sport after lance left? I honestly didn't even know the tour happened.
I actually didn't either until I started hearing about all this "doping scandal" business.

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
I really believe that most of the top athletes in every sport use some type of performance enhancer. Lance Armstrong never tested positive for anything. But if one day proof came out that he did use something, I wouldn't be surprised by it.
EXACTLY! Nobody should be surprised by any of this. If they'd test the top 100 they'd probably come back 100% positive.

Jstrong20

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
WTF is the point of testing? It catches only a small percentage of users and doesn't prevent serious athletes from using.

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
Its so the organizations can look "responsible" to the ignorant public.

CROWLER

CROWLER

Anabolic Innovations Owner
Awards
  • Established
NO WAY will the test hold up. BTW this is the French we are talking about. The same lab that said Lance Armstrong was doping and it was later proved wrong.

Lance NEVER said he took anything illegal.

As far as Landis again NO way he did it for the following reasons.

A few days earlier he tested neg for elevated testosterone level. The dumbass press is saying well how did he go from dying on one day and then a superman the next.

EVERY time I had a bad workout in bike racing the very next day I had a GREAT day. I have no idea why and no I don't have a pubmed article to confrim this :) I just know it was true for me.

If anyone knows of a testosterone that in ONE day can make you go from dying while riding to supermann the next day please link us to it. BTW anyone ever do a cycle of testosterone and then try and do cardio for 6 hours ;)

CROWLER

Ronin13

Ronin13

Awards
  • Established
Keep in mind that when you are at Armstrong's level you can be randomly tested 24/7/365... there is never a vacation and you must let the testing authority know your where abouts at all times. He was the most tested of any athlete. There is no way he could have doped and got away with it. Period.

Anyway, Armstrong didn't have to dope. He trained year round and had millions of dollars thrown into his lap by sponsors for taking cycling into the future from the lightest and strongest carbon fiber to wind tunnel tests for time trial positioning and to minimize drag on his Nike racing attire. He had every angle beaten. Doping was just not necessary.

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
:goodpost:

Is this a complaint or just a fact?
Common knowledge! D'uh! :lol:

I don't care who takes what b/c chances are the next guy will if you don't. That's pretty much the end of story. And, with all of the money in these sports requiring a mandatory test that would be drops in the bucket to them would be EASY!!!! They only test a few so they can provide the allusion of responsibility and let the rest slide by so the entertainment provided by these athletes keeps rising to new levels.

anabolicrhino

anabolicrhino

Awards
  • Established
I haven't heard any specific names, just that his Test ratios were high.
I heard that his test was normal but his Epi-test was abnormally low, which is very unusal. Endurance event can lower your test levels, but I am not sure what lower Epi-test.

rpen22

rpen22

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I heard that his test was normal but his Epi-test was abnormally low, which is very unusal. Endurance event can lower your test levels, but I am not sure what lower Epi-test.
Oh my bad, you might be right.