Funny Looks At The Gym

S

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I just recently started doing good mornings :good: while at the gym instead of at home. I like to stand in front of the mirror to watch my form and yesterday I noticed that I was getting a lot of WTF looks...This made me wonder if there are any exercises that you guys do that get you that same look while doing them in the gym?:wtf:

Gumbo

Gumbo

Awards
Did you have a rip in the back of your shorts? :)

I get WTF looks when I do shoulder shrugs on the standing calf machine.

Gumbo

S

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Did you have a rip in the back of your shorts? :)

I get WTF looks when I do shoulder shrugs on the standing calf machine.

Gumbo
Shoulder shrugs on the standing calf machine, WTF! J/K, I used to see that one a lot at my old gym, but I don't think I have seen that one yet at Gold's. Maybe I'll have to be the first.

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I get really strange looks for doing drop sets and supersets.

CDB

CDB

Awards
  • Established
I got strange looks at my last gym for doing any free weight exercise other than a bench press. That's one of the reasons why I quit the place.

Viperspit

Viperspit

Awards
  • Established
I get a lot of strange looks just walking into the locker room.....

of course I have a boner, ya think that might be the reason?

CDB

CDB

Awards
  • Established

Those looks aren't strange, they're just squinting.

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
hahahaha

I get strange looks when I try new exercises out of some magazine :) Usually because I look just as confused.

Sunder

Sunder

Awards
  • Established
When I trained with my old partner, he was gung-ho on Arnold's Bodybuilding Encyclopedia.

We would do donkey calf raises with the guy sitting on top for weight, LoL. Now that takes balls...

A

axekick

Awards
To answer the original question, I work out at golds. There is an old golds right next to a new one, so you have a choice between going to the old one to work out or going to the new one to look at chicks. At the new one, I did get WTF looks when I did good mornings. I wonder if they thought I was doing some really bad squats or what. At the old gym I think they get it since the guys their are just there to work out and are familiar with the benifits of good mornings.

S

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
To answer the original question, I work out at golds. There is an old golds right next to a new one, so you have a choice between going to the old one to work out or going to the new one to look at chicks. At the new one, I did get WTF looks when I did good mornings. I wonder if they thought I was doing some really bad squats or what. At the old gym I think they get it since the guys their are just there to work out and are familiar with the benifits of good mornings.
The Gold's that I go to is a much younger crowd than what I'm used to being around when I work out (despite being 25 myself). A lot of bench press and biceps only types walking around with cut off shirts and have no idea that leg exercises are more than walking over to the hottie on the ArcTrainer.

Good mornings have been a great adddition to my routine and I don't care if I get the WTF stares...maybe in the past it would have bothered me, but not anymore.

Pitbull954

Pitbull954

Awards
  • Established

Nope don't be silly viper, everyone is relieved that they don't have the smallest penis in the world..... THANK YOU VIPER for taking that role!

:icon_lol: :icon_lol:

Mass_69

Mass_69

Awards
  • Established
I get WTF looks if I flex in front of the mirror.:bb3: Not the sit-there-and-pose-for-20 minutes flexing, I just do a couple of flexes after a set. I have to sneak them... Maybe it's because I go when all the soccer-moms are there... :wtf:

UHCougar05

UHCougar05

Awards
  • Established
I get funny looks doing GMs, Box Squats, and anything powerlifting related. Hell, I get funny looks when I go anywhere remotely heavy with free weights (remotely heavy meaning squating to parallel or below with >225#). One night I was there, I was doing High Box Squats for a max triple and I was working up to my final set and I could see people in the mirror in front of me counting the number of plates I had on the bar and watching me as I did my set. Man, I'm sure glad that I'm getting out of my commercial gym and into a powerlifting gym.

OCCFan023

OCCFan023

Awards
  • Established
I get wtf looks when I do SLDL on one of those cardio step up board things... My gym took out the wood platform so I have to use this. That coupled with the fact that nobody does em helps out.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I really don't get funny looks at my gym for doing exercises like this, just spots and tips. My gym is a mom and pop local gym where all the competitors in my region lift, so it is pretty conducive to throwing weight around...

Thinking about it now I am actually kind of sad I'm going to be leaving.

NickyNoNames

NickyNoNames

Awards
i get wtf looks all the ****ing time. its getting to the point where i wanna snap on someone, and the thing is im not even doing anything that crazy. I get them mostly when im walking to my next exercise like im wearing assless chaps or something

CDB

CDB

Awards
  • Established
I really don't get funny looks at my gym for doing exercises like this, just spots and tips. My gym is a mom and pop local gym where all the competitors in my region lift, so it is pretty conducive to throwing weight around...

Thinking about it now I am actually kind of sad I'm going to be leaving.
Rare find these days. Sorry you have to give it up.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Rare find these days. Sorry you have to give it up.
I know especially considering the only gyms listed on the net in my new area are YMCA's and 24 Hour Fitness...Ugh, it's not going to be an easy transistion.

Viperspit

Viperspit

Awards
  • Established
Update: I'm going with FnF to Pitbulls gym, next Friday, (Powerhouse). I'll be sure to have a full raging hardon when I walk in the locker room with him. People will stare and I'll make gay gestures towards Pittbull. Who cares, it's not my gym :D

Desert Rat

Desert Rat

Awards
Let's see...I get stares if I do the following:

Deep squats
Trap bar DL's
Bent press with either a BB or DB
Hise shrugs
Kelso shrugs
Weighted dips
Lever work for wrists
CoC grippers (although it's fun watching the big guys struggle with the #1 while I'm crushing the #2...)

Then again, most of the gyms I've been in have been on Army posts. The Bench-press-and-curl crowd is ridiculous here...

Beau

Beau

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer

So that what they were referring to when they used the term "Angry Inch".

S

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Update: I'm going with FnF to Pitbulls gym, next Friday, (Powerhouse). I'll be sure to have a full raging hardon when I walk in the locker room with him. People will stare and I'll make gay gestures towards Pittbull. Who cares, it's not my gym :D
I'm glad I started this thread! Not only do I feel better knowing that I'm not the only one getting the WTF look at the gym, but it's made for a pretty good laugh here and there too!

Y2Jversion1

Y2Jversion1

Board Supporter
Awards
Farmer walks with dumbells & heavy dumbell clean & presses.. yup straight outta Dinosaur Training *waits for laughs & giggles*

But yea, wierd looks with those all the time.

D

DazzlinJack

Awards
  • Established
I always get weird looks when I attempt to bench press 185lbs and i end up pushing it up about 3 inches and my spotter helps me put it back on the rack. Then i get up and we high five each other and put the plates back. Weird looks occur every single time I do that (which is twice a week). But I'm gonna get there! I Can Feel It.

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
I get the weird looks when I'm the only guy doing power cleans but I fvcking love 'em !

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
deadlifts of course...nobody does those.