Help me help myself

Ziricote

Ziricote

Awards
  • Established
Okay, basically I feel like my knowledge of the body is pretty average at best and my knowledge of supplements/chemicals is even worse. I want to learn exactly what processes my body goes through and what happens when supplements/chemicals are introduced so what I'm wondering is are there any good books out there that can help me out?

I'll say that I haven't spent a whole lot of time looking for books but I figure someone on here would know of a few good ones that I can then check out instead of me potentially blowing money on a 'dud'.

Any help greatly appreciated!

idunk42

King Kong
Awards
  • Established
Try Advanced Nutrition and the Human Metabolism by Jack L. Smith.

Its somewhat complicated and quite expensive, but well worth it. I found one relatively cheap on ebay.

Ziricote

Ziricote

Awards
  • Established
For what it appears to be it's not all that expensive imo (£35 here). Thanks for the suggestion idunk!

idunk42

King Kong
Awards
  • Established
Yeah, thats not too bad at all. Just make sure its the one by jack smith, cuz there is another one with the same name, but a different author.

here's an ad on amazon: [ame=http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0534559867/102-4088394-3089704?v=glance&n=283155]Amazon.com: Advanced Nutrition and Human Metabolism (with InfoTrac): Books: Sareen S. Gropper,Jack L. Smith,James L. Groff[/ame]

Ziricote

Ziricote

Awards
  • Established
Yeah that's the one I've just ordered now, the other one almost caught me out but I had another look around and found the book by J.Smith.

Anyone else got suggestions?

LakeMountD

LakeMountD

Doctor Science
Awards
  • Established
Go to pubmed.com In the search box at the top, type in the topic you want, DON'T hit search yet, click the drop down menu and click "books" then hit search. It will search a large list of books and then give you access to the books online free of charge!