Hey guys, i am new to the board

jross3114

Awards
I got a quick question about stretch marks.

Basicly i've been lifting for about 5 years now, i currently weigh about 195 at 5'11 with around <11% bf.

During my sophomore year of hs for whatever reason i got stretch marks, really really bad. My entire biceps are completely covered in them. I probably have close to 100 little tiny ones on each bicep. I have a bunch on my lats also. I eventually had to stop lifting biceps because they got so bad (i've since stopped lifting triceps also for the past 3 months, it's been about a year and a half since i have done any bicep only exercises, i usually hit them with lats).

Anyways, i know there has to be people out there like me, do these stretch marks ever fade away to the point where they are completely unnoticable? They are kind of unnoticable now but in the right light they look ugly. It's pretty dishartening having my ideal physique but having it botched by ugly stretch marks.

Any body have any great secret methods to get rid of them? I am going to a dermatologist in a few weeks to ask about laser surgery, but i fear mine are too old for them to do anything.

Any help would be appreciated.

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Legend!
Short answer is no. You'll always be able to see them but over time they fade and get smaller.

Ziricote

Ziricote

Awards
  • Established
I've got pretty bad stretch marks on my biceps, my older brother also has the same but the colour of it has faded and so it isn't as noticable. Mine do go almost 3/4 down my inner arm though so it's a bit of a pain.

jross3114

Awards
man, mine go all the way down to my elbow and i got a few on my forearm =(

jross3114

Awards
Thats pretty much what i have..... Doesn't that bother you? Don't you like worry about what other people think abotu them? I am sure woman can't really find it that attractive either (thats my main worry about mine haha)...

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Legend!
Well it has been conversation starters for sure :) I worry about what people think sometimes more than I should so I understand your concern but my wife doesn't shiver at looking at them or anything. They'll get better over time. Just make sure that you keep your skin lubricated if you plan on getting bigger that will cause the skin to stretch.