The fat in whey protein

DazzlinJack

Awards
  • Established
Hey guys, I was wondering if ya'll know what kind of fat is in whey protein! I look at the back of the 3 different brands of Whey Protein I have and it says Total Fat: 1.5-2g, and it's a zero on saturated, and nothing else after that. Could it possibly be Trans fat, or unsaturated? It doesn't say anything else on the protein jugs...

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Hey guys, I was wondering if ya'll know what kind of fat is in whey protein! I look at the back of the 3 different brands of Whey Protein I have and it says Total Fat: 1.5-2g, and it's a zero on saturated, and nothing else after that. Could it possibly be Trans fat, or unsaturated? It doesn't say anything else on the protein jugs...
Considering it is sourced from milk, I would treat it like the fat in milk. I am pretty sure there is not any trans fat in it, but look to see if anything is partially hydrogenated.

jjohn

jjohn

Awards
  • Established
1.5 gram is minimal. Satured fat is what is in whey usually. Don't worry, it's not trans fat for sure. If a company does this, you will see partly hydrogenated oil on ingredients list, and I doubt no company can be stupid enough to do this!

DazzlinJack

Awards
  • Established
Ah, I see. So I can assume that this fat isn't too bad for you. I mean, some fats are okay. But get too much of them and my weightloss goal keeps getting further and further away!

jjohn

jjohn

Awards
  • Established
Everything is good, in moderation. Except protein!!!